Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'm writing about something. Maybe.

Dameon

Star
So I've finally done something interesting enough to write about. I went on a miniature road trip.

It kind of slapped me in the face before it even started. I was going somewhere I'd never been before and didn't have my own vehicle just yet, as my money had all been going into school funds and day to day living expenses. So I hit the parents up to borrow the car and GPS so I can find my way to my destination and not have to take public transit every which way when I get there, to which I get a resounding 'Not in my fucking vehicle' from my step-father. Woot. Thanks dad. So I dig into my pocket and shell out the bills to get a Greyhound round trip ticket. Not cheap, but not overly expensive considering the short notice I purchased the tickets on. So dad comes back the day after I buy the tickets from his out of town job. And here's what happens.

"The only reason I didn't want to let you take the Jeep was because I was worried there'd be no vehicle for your mother to use in case she needed to get around while she was here." So to start things off with how wrong this statement is, let me just say this. My mother was the one talking to him, he never once voiced these concerns to her, she didn't even get the chance to explain. All she got to say was 'He wants to use the car to visit some friends.' and then the asserting his authority side came out. Secondly, my step-father's mother is living with us, with a vehicle. My mother currently has no license. If I left on the bus, she'd have no way to get around in that Jeep anyways! And his mother, who's living in a full blown trailer on our front lawn for free, could get off her ass and drive my mother around while I go on a trip. Right? Right.

But anyways, after I buy the tickets, he decides to be benevolent and offer me the Jeep. To which I just sit there and face palm. Repeatedly. But aside from that rocky start, everything else went good. Made it to my bus on time, got a short nap in on the ride, read a book and a half. Good stuff. Although the restaurant we stopped at wasn't the best, at least they had decent sandwiches. We pulled into the bus station after about...8 hours of driving, 2 hours wasted on delays, lay overs and rest stops, so 10 hours over all. But it was worth the trip, and the stink, and the annoying passengers. More details next post. I don't want to ramble too much in one go.

College preparation is taking a lot more out of me than originally planned. I had figured I knew what I was doing, it was a bit shaky and wouldn't be easy, but it was the plan. Of course, the shakiness caught up with me and that all fell apart.

Right now I'm looking to either take my accepted application to a school away from my family, which would probably be better for me socially and growth wise, or take an application for the local college which would help me financially (But only in a very, very small way, if at all).

At the end of the day, I guess the available courses will, as with most serious students, be the deciding factor.

Also, if anyone's been hearing me grumble about the court and my traffic violation, that's all done today. They charged me 200 dollars with a 90 day time frame to pay by, which is actually half the cost I thought it was going to be, but with a shorter time frame.

First offense and all that.

I've found I've had way, way too much free time online since I've stopped playing World of Warcraft. Which I think is good, because once I get back into the pattern of having a curriculum, it'll be one less major distraction. Most of the guys I knew played WoW throughout college and quit once they got into the open market, but I decided to quit now so I'd be able to get more out of my education, as well as more out of the college experience as a whole.

I'm thinking about getting a pet once I move into my new place, which is totally allowed. It'll be good to have something alive to keep me company so I don't get cabin fever as easily. For those days when I need to stay home and study, or write something, I find having another living, breathing thing in the room helps me feel less isolated, even when I need to be.

So yesterday I punched a guy in the face.

I was looking around at used cars, talking to people who have the For Sale signs in their windows rather then the dealers, because I figured there's a better chance of finding someone who really needs the money and is willing to cut a deal. So I go to this one guy's place, and look at a car he has, it's in decent enough shape and we get to talking.

Guy's an Electrician, local, divorced, blah blah blah. He bitches about how the neighbors are asses and let their cats crap in his lawn. So I told him he should try using Citrus spray. It doesn't work on all cats, but it works on most. He says 'Nah, I took care of it.' and I was curious to what he meant. He repeats 'I took 'care' of it.' and makes a throat slitting motion with his thumb.

So now, I'm a little bit erked, but I keep my cool and ask him what he meant. He says he put snares up in his back yard and killed 3 cats.

So I punched him in the face. I didn't really think about it. It just sort of happened.

Long story short. I didn't get the car.

Well, it was just a story, and there's always a chance the guy's talking out his ass, but if I saw the actual action, or evidence it had been done, I'd probably have hit him more than once.

I can't even deal with people yelling at their pets very well.

Even if it's just a story and he's trying to be all cool and manly whatever, he still deserved the hit. Nobody should even joke about shit like that.

I'm the same way. Personally, I care more about animals lives more than humans, for some reason.

Yeah, I get that. I tend to see an animal, at least ones that are pets, as creatures who are a responsibility. I remember I knew a guy that was trying to tell a mother to leave her door open so her son's cat would 'run away' because it was in heat. I told the guy, flat out, that that was a retarded thing to say, and an idiotic and irresponsible thing to do.

Not only would the cat most likely die, since it's not fixed, it would go out, and get various female cats pregnant, adding to the number of stray animals already out there. So it would not only be affecting the life of the cat, but also the lives of various other animals and all the people that had to deal with handling those stray animals. So if that's his mentality, I told him I hope he's never in charge of an animal's life.

Yeah, my sister's cat goes into heat often, and she's very noisy about it. My dad is, supposedly, a cat lover, but he only loves cats after they've been declawed, and spayed/neutered. So, every month, my cat gets locked in the garage, while she screams and meows and makes noise. Because I don't think he really, really likes cats. He's been pissing me off because he's made her scared of feet, and him. He's very intimidating, and whenever he walks up to her, she hisses at him, then he yells at her, she runs away. :/ She's scared of him, feet, and shoes, because he's always stomping his feet at her and scaring her. I think one day, I'm going to end up yelling at him.
Its just... Ugh. Why are people intolerant of things like that? It's natural, yes, but you can also get them fixed. You don't abuse a cat to make it better. You don't abuse any animal to make it better. I wish they would see animals as humans, because then maybe they'd treat them differently, but then again, they already treat other humans bad enough, so...
Ugh. :/
Sorry for the rant. My dad and most people in general piss me off. D:

Boo - So I'm sitting on my ass waiting for the insurance for the truck to go through so that I can transfer ownership. I'm hoping to get moved into my new place by tonight, but if I have to wait for the previous owner of the truck to get off work so we can do this transfer of ownership, I don't know if that'll happen.

Also, the fun stuff that comes with having an ex girlfriend is continuing to pile up. She won't send me my things because she claims they're packed with her stuff and she won't unpack them all until she's moved in with her father in his new place.

So that means I won't be getting most of my stuff any time in September. Except for possibly a family heirloom I'll be selling to pay off some money I owe her father.

Yay - The apartment I'm moving in to will have three floors. The first floor will have two people, the third floor will have two people, and I'll get the second floor all to myself. The first floor people have pets, so that means there should be no problem with me getting one. The apartment itself looked pretty nice, although since I rented it, they took down all the photos. Bah!

Well, I'm hitting the road today. Got food, drink, Satellite radio and a full tank of gas.

Time to have a staring contest with the horizon.

Currently posting this from the College restaurant/pub area. My new apartment is pretty nice, although our landlord has been totally dragging his feet in getting us a phone line, cable and internet, not to mention I have to pay for the phone line myself if I want one.

We've also got a single, normal sized fridge being shared between five people, so I'm considering just picking up a cheap, bar sized fridge for my room. I think I can get a decent one for fifty bucks.

I've now adopted a five month old black cat. I ended up taking him because he'd been born in the shelter and had been there the longest out of the room they'd had him in, not to mention black cats have a lower chance of being adopted. I'll see about posting a picture, or possibly a short video once we have in home internet access and I can use my webcam.

Considering moving from the top floor bedroom to the basement because one of the two people in the basement rooms also has a cat, which'll probably make things easier for the house. Not to mention, if they get along, they'll have company while we're both at classes.

The school itself is pretty nice as far as structure goes, as for the students and faculty, that remains to be seen. I haven't bumped into too many people that have annoyed me off the bat, but then, it's only the first day. My classes so far seem to be spread out well enough, with only Wednesday being stacked with a lot of crap.

The town itself isn't bad, my place is within perfect driving distance of the school, the mall, various restaurants and the roommates seem decent so far.

Back
Top Bottom