Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Soleman Manor [Murder Mystery Group RP/Interest Check]

SilentMist

Moon
Introduction
Gerald Soleman was a very rich man. Born to an old money family and named the only heir upon the death of his father, Mr. Soleman did not let the fortune go to waste. Over decades of travel, investments, and no small number of dirty dealings, the powerful (6'5", 250lb.) man had increased his fortune twenty fold. He never took a wife, but has sired a number of heirs (though he took very little care of them beyond basic child support money). But as all tales go, man cannot live forever. This is where you come in. Mr. Soleman has called together his heirs and closest friends for a special announcement. Are you an heir to the family name? A close business acquaintance? A servant of the expansive manor in which he resides? What compelling announcement has brought you across the world to this remote location off the Pacific coast? Whatever your reason, the game has begun. You have had a day to unpack and settle in. A single dinner to meet with the rest of the house. Come fortune or failure, you are ready for the big news. There's only one problem...

Mr. Soleman has been found dead.

Greetings and welcome! This is a modern-era group roleplay of mystery and intrigue. Each character is required to join with a motive, simple or complex, and I will provide you with an introduction in which no one has a sustainable alibi. After set-up I will use a random number generator to select the murderer from our cast, and the game will be set afoot. The goal of the murderer is to kill and survive until you can either escape or are the last one left alive. Everyone else must work together to find the identity of and safely apprehend the murderer before it is too late. To maintain proper suspense, I will post as an anonymous figure when the murderer needs to keep his/her identity a secret whilst performing nefarious deeds, and privately notify the person or people involved with important details of the precarious situation they find themselves in. If they survive the encounter they may then reveal these important details to the other players. I will also be playing 3 essential NPCs (exceptions can be made if someone really wants to play one of these positions): The Butler, The Head of the Household, and the Groundskeeper. These characters will be included in the draw for "murderer" as well as potential accomplices upon request.

Rules and Special Notes
- This is a modern roleplay. For the sake of proper suspense I ask that only human characters are submitted. No supernatural races, powers, or abilities. There is potential for this later, but I feel it is best to keep things relatively simple for the first round.

- If for any reason you do not wish to play as the murderer, please let me know in private and I will remove you from the queue. I stress "in private" so that the other players may still keep the suspense of believing that anyone could be the murderer.

- Players (and especially the murderer) are encouraged to develop complex relationships with each other, either during the roleplay or pre-established. They are also encouraged to discuss matters secretly among themselves. This will be done via a PM to your conspirator and myself, as well as an IC post of your characters meeting in private or whispering to each other so that no one else hears. The murderer is also permitted to have one or more PC accomplices, and these players will not count towards the "last person alive" rule.

- Basic Profile set up. Name, Age, Detailed Appearance, and a Bio that includes your murder motive. I will also include examples in the form of NPC profiles when the profile thread is created.

- Above all else, have fun. This roleplay operates a great deal off the honor system, but if you have any concerns, or if there is anything I have missed, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Questions, comments, concerns, and encouragement welcome. I am ready to get things rolling as soon as we have enough players.

O w O
This looks supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-ly lovely. Do want. Will post character ASAP.

Well, in defiance of the lack of response, I have posted the profile thread. Hopefully this will pull some interest yet unseen.

Back
Top Bottom