Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Calm Waters [[Patches x Dashou]]

Patches

Planetoid
It was quickly getting dark as the sun disappeared over the horizon of the ocean. The Evil Angel sat moored to the rickety dock, the water of the small bay slapping her side gently. She was just a typical schooner, baring two masts, and only sixty yards from bow to stern. There was no space for a luxurious captains quarters, only a small low ceiling room separated from the hammocks that hung below deck. Along the bow, where the anchor's chain slipped from the boat to the water, were a set of small angel wings, perched along side her hull. They were once painted and shined, but now the years of battling the open water had dulled them. Along with the rest of the Evil Angel.

On the dock, slicing an apple with an elegant dagger, sat a cloaked figure, hanging one leg off the dock. He watched as the small crew of twenty four men carted and carried supplies to the boat. Behind him, a raging town that seemed to party and dance and drink, all hours of the day and night, rain or shine. Of course, what more can you expect from a city run by outlaws. The man on the dock however took no note of it. He seemed to be focused on the loading of the boat and slicing up the apple. His eyes didn't even blink when a drunken man stumbled his way onto the dock, strew a few french curses, and then tripped over himself, screaming as he fell into the water. Someone stopped to laugh at the poor drowning french man as he was forced to sober. "Either get him out of there, or carry on..." placing a slice of apple in his mouth. The man laughed once more, "Yah, Mercutio, Yah." and then proceeded back to work.

Mercutio stood up, throwing the apple core into the bay. He looked back up at the town as it brawled. Someone thought it necessary to fire a shot into the air, or into someone rather unpleasant. But the town never missed a beat. He smirked and ran a pale hand through his tangled white hair. He had a phenomenal birth defect, he was completely Albino. His eyes were such a deep red, they looked almost like mahogany. His dark cloak contrasted to himself so well, it made him glow even more. He slowly walked up the dock, sheathing his dagger. Humming a little tune to himself.

Llewellyn was a lovely young woman born into one of the worst places she could have been born into; a rundown town full of thieves, crooks, and nobodies. Not a very safe place for a damsel like Llewellyn. Her parents moved there on account that they owned a portion of a black market that went on throughout the town and many others. She, of course, got a lovely welcome by many of the village men. Always being picked on, always being flirted with, and on occasion almost being molested if it wasn’t for the fact that she had a good punch. She was sick and tired of living in this rat mess of a town and had always wondered if she’d ever get a chance. She didn’t care where she ended up, anywhere had to be better than here.

That is when she had heard the rumor of a pirate ship coming into dock. The dock wasn’t really popular unless it was pirates who were coming in. Nicer ships tended to avoid the area. At the arrival of the rumor, she immediately started prepping for her escape. In her room she had already grabbed a bag and shoved it full of food, a giant bottle of water, and some spare clothes and other small necessities. She had hid her looks in ugly, ratty clothes to prevent any attention from coming her way while she had her escape. She wore baggy pants that were tied tight around the ankle and waist to prevent them from falling off of her small waist, and wore a torn up shirt that barely managed to cover her upper body. To help with that, she wore a shawl that covered her upper body and was wrapped around her head to hide her long red hair.

Seeing as the ship was here finally and was being loaded, his was her chance to sneak on. She used a makeshift rope and threw it out of her window, making sure the other end was tied securely before climbing down the rope. Once she landed on solid ground she silently, and quickly, made her way over to the ships supplies they were loading. Before the next pirate came to pick up their load, she snuck herself into one of the boxes of fruit. There she shut the lid and kept quiet and low. To her luck, someone had come around to pick up the box and carry it onto the ship. She could tell because below her, she could hear the sounds of the ocean. This was the start of a new adventure.

Mercutio watched from his doorway as the Evil Angel was being loaded up with the last of the crates. He watched as the crew fastened lines and checked the rigging of the main and aft sails. He smirked a little. He bounded up the ladder and lightly walked over to a shorter man with an arm behind his back. The other taking a swig from a flask. Mercutio smacked the back of the mans head lightly, just enough to make him spill over himself. "I did say there would be no alcohol on this voyage, didn't I?" His voice still soft and not yet roughened up by years out on the open water.

Carter gagged and spit over himself, trying not to choke. "Aye, yes ya did sir. Sorry sir, wont happen again sir." Capping the flask and tucking it away. Carter had an thick Irish accent, and claimed to be Irish, but it was well known he was really born and raised in the pig pens of Cambridge. But he stuck to his story, and played a good show, and so it was left be. "So, what be the details of this fine course you have set out for our sorry lot?" Raising his chin high, as if the captain of the ship hadn't ever caught him.

Mercutio shrugged. "I figure we'll get out past the harbor... " walking past him to the railing on the right side.

Carter waited a few seconds before asking. "And then?" Hoping there was more to this plot.

Mercutio smiled. "Go where ever we can get wind in our sails to take us there."

Carter nods his head a few times. "Aye, okay... okay. Sounds great Cap'n!" Turns away and goes down to the main deck. Now saying aloud but more quietly and to himself, "Sounds absolutely wonderful just floating about in the ocean. Who knows, we could even find small pox!"

Mercutio smirked as Carter wondered below. Wondering if he had actually believed the captain of the ship would just go out with no agenda. Didnt really matter. "Carter! When youre done mumbling, can you take us out to open water?" Shouting over the grunts and hollering of the Crates. Carter nodded and began shouting at the the crew, giving commands that in a matter of minutes, had the anchors hoisted up, and the sails unfurled. As soon as they caught wind, the Evil Angel soon pulled away. After a few hours of setting about the rules of the voyage, and setting shifts, Mercutio then retired to his closet as the the moon was now high and bright over them. He jumped into his hammock, and shut his eyes, letting the waves rock him to sleep, as if the Evil Angel was his cradle.

Llewellyn had stayed quiet for about an hour, listening and waiting for what would seem to be a good time to possibly get out. However, as time seemed to go on, her back started to hurt and her stomach was growling. She rummaged through her bag of food and took out some bread to munch on as she peered through a hole in the box, checking to make sure the coast was clear. When she was sure it was, she slowly pushed the lid off of the box and climbed out, setting the lid right back on. It must’ve been night time, or the ship just didn’t have lanterns because it was pitch black in the room she was in. She stood there for a good five minutes just trying to get her eyes to adjust to the eternal darkness.

From the feel of it, it was night time. It was quiet, peaceful, and it was slightly chilly. Llewellyn grabbed a hold of her shawl, shivering quite a bit at the welcome of the cold air. She finished eating her piece of bread before going to navigate her way around the storage room. Llewellyn wasn’t quite used to being awake during the night so obviously her eyes were hurting from the amount of squinting she was doing. She just wanted to get out of the storage room and take a look out onto the ocean and get some fresh air. She knew she had to be careful though… she didn’t know what pirates would’ve been capable of.

Surely enough, karma got a hold of her just before she could reach the door of the storage compartment. She tumbled over some smaller boxes that had been on the ground and hit the door with a loud thud. She yelped a little, laying there in shocked before realizing just how screwed she was. Quickly, she scurried back to the far end of the storage room, making all sorts of noise on her way back, and hid between some larger boxes, her bright green eyes keeping lock on the door, watching, waiting, until she was sure no one had heard her…

The only one to hear her, was one of the few men put on watch. He was incredibly hung over, and hurting for it. He apparently had been partying all of the past few days, and now that he was suddenly cut off, he was not faring well. Carrying a lantern, having to shield his own dreary eyes from it ironically, he opened the small door into the hold. Squinting he looked from side to side, looking for anything unusual. He looked at one crate to the next, not really sure what he was looking for. He mumbled aloud to himself, his words slurred and lazy. "I Thoudt I eard sumthing... Probaby just the GODDAM Rats!" Letting a little bit of his frustration loose as he kicked a small crate, and soon regretted. He cursed and muttered some more, sometimes yelling at unpredictable points in his own conversation.

After only a few minutes of this, someone else ducked their shaggy head into the room. "Would you fucking shut it?! People are trying to sleep around here!" His dark matted hair hid most of his face from view.

He whipped around. "I heard something!" Pointing back into the room.

"I know you heard something! We all know you heard something! Hell, the party back in port know you heard something!" Waving his hands around as he talked. Obviously of Italian heritage. "Just keep it quiet, Capice'?"

Shaking his head and turning back into the room. "Naaaah... whatever." Holding a hand to shield the light from the lantern in his other hand. He waits until the man pulls out of the hold. "... stupid French bastard..."

Coming from just outside the door. "Quieter!"

Grunts a little as he goes poking about the boxes again. He began to notice a few things had been knocked over, and were now rolling on the floor. "... saaay." He peers at an apple as it rocks with the motion of the boat. There is a easily distinguished trail leading to the back, but his hurt eyes keep him from seeing it obviously. He slowy stumbles in the direction of the far wall, peering into every little crevice.

Llewellyn’s eyes went wide at the sound of the door opening. She quickly retreated farther between the cracks of the boxes and shut her eyes. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she tried not to make a single noise. She almost thought she had gotten away with it until the first man who entered seemed to start walking further into the storage room. Llewellyn lost a few shades of skin color and her eyes went wide open. She looked in the direction of where she had entered, dreading for her life that she was going to be caught. Then she remembers… this guy was drunk!

Llewellyn grabbed a nearby apple, and peered over the box, trying to keep alert of where the man’s eyes were. Then, with her luck, she chucked the apple right at the man’s head, hoping for it to strike. She ducked back down to wait for a reaction before taking any other further action.

When the apple struck his face, he was a bit more than startled. He jumped back a few feet and strung together a jumble of curses. Shaking his head, he stumbled back a few more paces, until he tripped, fell back and hit the floor. "GAAaah!" He rolled into his belly and stood up with difficulty. "So, thatz how chu want to play iz it?" Taking a few steps forward, raising the lantern high, bringing the light into his own eyes. "Gaah!" He stumbled back. "I will find CHU!"

The shaggy haired Italian came back into the room. "Okay, okay, lets call it a night, and leave the poor fruits and biscuits alone." Waving his arms towards himself as one would to beckon a dog. "C'mon, Lets go."

"No! Theres sumthing in here!" Stepping away from the shaggy haired man. "I was attacked! By... by.. By that!" Points at the apple now rolling on the floor with a small bruise in it.

The man turns his face to the apple as it rolled away into a shadow and out of view. "Ah... It is a miracle you survived. We should leave before it returns with the Carrots." Reaching out to the drunken man.

"No! It Hit me! Sume one threw it!" Pleading with the man. "Listen to me, Giovanni!"

Lowers his hand and drops his shoulders in a sort of defeated way. "Look, this is a small hold. Not very spacious. If there was truly someone in here, you cou- we could easily find them." raises an eyebrow as if daring the drunken man to argue with him. "Now Lets go back-"

"Great! So chu will help me look!" Turning away and going towards the back wall once again, led by his lantern.

Wasn't quite what he had in mind. "You know what, fine! And when we find nothing but potatoes and lettuce, it is to bed with you." follows not so eagerly.

The drunken man came to the back wall, peering into the last of the shadows. That's when he saw a very faint outline of something that his hazy eyes couldn't quite make out. "Giovanni" starting to peer closer, "I think-"

"Well I think, that the potatoes and biscuits are safe and sound." Clasping his hands together. "Now lets Go!" Grabs the man by the shoulder and pulls him away. "Come now, if your lucky, you can find someone handsome to snuggle up with." Dragging him back.

"NO wait! Wait! I think I- Would chu stop it?!" He is helplessly uncoordinated, and just as helplessly dragged away out of the hold. The whole while the Italian man soothed him about his possible bunk mate.

Llewellyn listened to the man, trying to hold her giggles in. This pirate was dumber than a box of rocks! She was just about to get ready to leave when she heard the other familiar voice pop right back into the picture. Quietly, Llewellyn sulked and stayed hidden, listening to their conversation. When she heard them approaching she tensed up and peeked over the crate, happening to get caught it seemed by the drunken man. She quickly ducked back under and to her luck; the other started to coax the other into leaving and dragged him out of there. Immediately, Llewellyn got up the moment she knew it was safe and this time safely made it around all the junk on the floor.

Llewellyn waited a little while longer before peering out of the room, checking the area for other people. Once she saw that it was clear, she looked around for what could possibly be a way out. Good thing it was a full moon out because she saw occasional beams of moonlight slipping through the cracks of the boards above. That’s how she found a hatch door that probably led to the main deck. She smiled happily and quietly crept over to the ladder and began to climb it. Once she reached the top, she opened the hatch door just a little bit so she could peer out and check for any pirates. Since she thought the coast was clear, she opened the hatch door all the way and begun to climb out.

Mercutio had not only been awaken by the very loud watchman, but also quite annoyed. His room was even a good distance away from the cargo hold, and still it kept him up. He sat in his bunk waiting for him to quiet, but after several minutes, Mercutio sighed, and swung his feet out of bed. He began to get himself dressed. He was quiet, and his face didn't really show the frustration he felt. So when he flung open the door to his cabin, leaving his cloak behind, wearing his usual dark attire. The ends of his black hose was shoved into his boots, and his white shirt was partnered with a leather vest. He quickly crossed the deck and rounded the aft mast when he saw a small woman climb out of the hatch door. He stopped and thought of two things. One, 'Where was the damn watch?!' and two,'Where did she come from?!' He didn't shout, but did quiet his footsteps and slowly placed himself only a few feet behind her, trying his best to remain undetected.

Llewellyn smiled and once she got out, turned around and carefully shut the hatch door without making a noise. Then she stood up, and stretched a little; being in the box really made her sore. After a second or two of stretching she took off her shawl, unraveling her long red hair that curled in several directions. “Ah… it feels better to be out of that box…” she said to herself, smiling happily as she walked over to the side of the boat, leaning over to look at the deep, dark ocean below. “Wow! The ocean is sparkling in the light!” She grinned and reached into her bag, pulling out her hair tie and putting her hair up in a ponytail.

Llewellyn sat down by the edge, still staring into the ocean in awe. “I can’t believe I actually managed to sneak on this ship of pirates. To think they’d be smarter but, hah! They aren’t the brightest men in town,” she giggled to herself, relaxing against the railing of the boat. “I wonder where this ship is going anyways…?” She said to herself, getting lost in thought.

"Due west for about four kilometers," Coming beside her and leaning his forearms on the railing. Looking out over the railing, almost ignoring the girl. "At which point we turn south down towards panama, and follow the coast line to Suriname." He turns and looks at her, the moonlight making his pale skin glow more so than it did in the sun. "Soo, what brings you aboard? Not often we find a lady presence on board..." Looking her up and down, but not with prying eyes or lust. More just curiosity.

Llewellyn was minding her own business when she heard Mercutio. Immediately she was chilled to the bone, goose bumps running along her arms as she jumped up to her feet in fright. She backed away immediately, stumbling a bit and falling against the deck. Without listening to a thing he was saying, she pulled out a pair of knitting needles and threw one at Mercutio. “STAY AWAY FROM ME, YOU DIRTY THIEF!” She barked, holding the other needle pointed at him in defense. She kept her eyes locked on him the entire time.

Mercutio didn't budge. He blinked as the knitting needle bounced off his chest. He looked down at her his distant curious look gone, now replaced by a sly smirk. "Now, if i were you," Taking a step back from the railing. "I would try to be nicer." Turning towards her slowly. "You see, you're on my ship." Takes a step towards her. "And there isn't another dock for many, many kilometers." Takes another. His smirk slowly turning into a scowl. As if being a pasty white glowing figure garbed in black wasn't frightening enough. "So, sneaking on board, calling us names, and thieves," Taking one last step towards her. "Leaves a very bad first impression on the Captain." Giving her a hard look.

Llewellyn shrunk where she sat, shrinking more and more with each step the man took towards him. Once he stopped, she scrambled back again, closing her eyes and trembling hard. She dropped the needle and looked up at the man, tears starting to well up. With that, she gave him the biggest puppy dog face she could manage, sniveling and whimpering to make him look bad.

Easing on the scowl, he looked down at her. "Why are you on my ship?" Watching her unsympathetically. It finally started to dawn on him her age. She couldn't have been that old... He stopped interrogating her. "How old are you? You're parents must be frantic by now... " Giving her that curious look as she gave him the puppy eyes.

Llewellyn Was about to answer his first question when he suddenly rained the second one on her. The second one caught her off guard especially with the comment following after. “How old am I?! How young do I look?!” Llewellyn got up to her feet, brushing herself off before frowning at Mercutio. “I’m twenty-six! And no, my parents won’t be worried…. Not that I care if they were. They kept me balled up in the house most my life anyways,” she rambled on, growling to herself. “As for your first question, I am here because I simply want to be and that’s all I feel like saying!” She stated with a small stomp of her foot and her arms crossed over her chest.

At the small stomp, Mercutio's smirk came back to him. "Oh, I see. I'm terribly Sorry." Stepping back, and smirking bigger now. "Where are my manners," He stoops into a low bow. "Welcome aboard the Evil Angel, I am her Captain, Mercutio." Rising up his smirk was now a wide toothy smile. "And how may we call you, Mad'am?"

A watchman finally found the two of them on deck. After seeing the woman, he crossed his chest and tapped forehead and chest, murmuring to himself a prayer. He slowly inched towards them. "..."

Llewellyn’s serious face cracked a small smirk to see the sudden change in Mercutio’s manners. When he bowed, she did her best in containing her laughter. “Well, thank you Mr. Mercutio,” she did a small curtsey in response for straightening out. “My name is Llewellyn Lillian Huntington. Daughter of the Black Market boss,” she said, toying with her hair a little. She saw the man suddenly come up to them and her eyes narrowed a little. “You know, Sir… it is quite rude to sneak into a conversation between a lady and a man,” she huffed.

The watchman looked at her... than to Mercutio. "... Sir?" A complete look of confusion on his face.

Mercutio chuckled as he waved a hand to Llewellyn. "Please, would you escort the Duchess Huntington to my quarters? Barricade the door so she doesn't get out, and no crew members get in. Set up my bunk elsewhere below deck, just be sure to tell me where." He turned back to Llewellyn. "It's been a pleasure talking to you, but I'm sure you're quite unaware as to the predicament you have managed to worm your way into. Now, I have ship and crew to run, you need to become scarce." He turns away, turns back and goes to the watchman, "Careful, she's fond of knitting needles..." Turns away and marches toward the stern of the ship, going up the ladder to the helm. "Have a pleasant evening, Duchess!"

The watchman looks from the captain to the woman again. He holds his chin high, as if he isn't quite sure he wants to be alone with her. "... Alright, Right this way... Duchess." Putting one hand on the glossy hilt of his cutlass. He points with his other hand to the far side of the ship, where the captains door was. "I suppose your to sleep in there tonight..."

Llewellyn was silent as the two spoke to each other. When she heard something about her being barricaded into a room she frowned and glared sharply at the two, wondering if they knew she was standing right there. “Uhm, what? Barricade me? Isn’t that a bit harsh?!” She huffed, watching as Mercutio left her with the watchman. She gave the watchman a sharp glare, a warning sign not to piss her off more than she already was. When he showed her where the quarters were she quietly made her way over, peering inside the room. “Not bad, I suppose it will do,” she said, placing her hands on her hips as she walked inside, checking everything out. She took her bag off of her shoulder and tossed it to the side, playfully jumping onto the bunk and sitting there, looking back at the watchman. "Well now, you may leave me be."

The watchman looked at her a little bemused as she jumped on the bed. He crossed his arms behind his back as she dismissed him. "So you know, Ma'am, you now have the only mattress on this ship. Also, its the captain's, who has graciously decided to have you stay aboard. So don't go destroying his bed." Scowling a bit, "Also, this isn't a cruise ship. There are no luxuries here." Looks at the mattress. "Besides that mattress." He steps out the door and starts to shut it. "Stay in here, till morning. Come morning, I expect the captain will want to speak with you. He's an early riser that one... So you know."

Llewellyn listened to what he had to say before waiting for him to get out. She didn’t care that he was an early riser—if he tried to do anything, she’s use her magical fist on him. Once the guy actually left the room, Llewellyn stripped down to her undergarments and curled back up on the mattress, quickly falling asleep.

Mercutio was up the moment the sky brightened, and made his way back up to his quarters above deck. He went past the door, and up the ladder to the helm. There he found Carter, one of the only people to sleep above deck like himself. He give him a soft nudge of his foot. "Carter!"

Carter jumped as his name was shouted. He sprawled out of his nest of blankets and flopped onto the hard deck. "Aye sir, Wacha need sir?" Talking fast and frightened. He adjusted the small rag he wore around his head, pushing it back up above his eyes.

Laughing at having startled Carter. "Lets get this cow alive and swimming, shall we? Get the crew up, make sure someone is serving breakfast..." walking back towards the ladder.

Carter nodded to himself, "Right, Sir, on it." He scrambled out of bed and followed Mercutio down the ladder, flying by him and ducking beneath the deck. Shortly after he was yelling and shouting, getting everyone roused from their hammocks. People began to crawl onto the deck, like bees from their hive.

Mercutio watched as everyone began to move about and start their routines. Mercutio smiled a bit, and then went to his door. He knocked, banging his knuckles loudly on the door. He thought it odd, for he had never had to knock on his door before. "You awake in there?"

Llewellyn was already awake by the time Mercutio knocked on the door. All the yelling had woken her from her beauty sleep. She was sitting down on the bed, in her new outfit for the day: A top two sizes too small, and another pair of practically see-through pants. It was her “genie” impersonation day. She had just finished doing her hair and was starting on her make-up when she heard the call. “One moment,” she said, doing the rest of her lipstick and eye make-up before getting up and putting her stuff into her bag. She untied her hair, letting her curly red locks drop well below her shoulders and then walked over to the door. "Come in."

Mercutio looked over his shoulder as he unlocked his own door, and stepped inside closing it. He locked it again and turne around, "Right, Morning Duchess and-" He finally sees what shes wearing. A small look of confusion spreads over his face. He looks her up and down again as he had last night, this time in almost shock. He notices the lipstick and cant imagine why she had gone through the trouble. He didn't sigh, and his face didn't bare anymore emotion than the initial shock. "Oh dear." Raising his eye brows as he clasped his hands behind his back. "So... Do you realize how many superstitious, women thirsty men are aboard this ship?"

Back
Top Bottom