Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can They Manage it? (Lan and Candira)

((Careful about how you phrase things, hun. I don't like being controlled. :) ))

Lanna was relieved as he told her the door was locked and handed the key over to her. She took it with confidence and set it on the desk before kissing his lips softly. And then, she took off her blouse altogether, rather than have it be wrinkled. She set it aside neatly and then blushed as she put on her new necklace, the pendant falling into her cleavage. With that, she reached behind her and undid the clasp of her bra, removing it after a moment. And then the heavy, full breasts he'd fantasized about were within his grasp.

And he asked permission. Her lips curved into a smile and she nodded. "Just try and be gentle, Hugh..."

Nodding, he stretched form his hand to stroke the underside of her breast, then up to run over her aureola, and nudging her nipple.

Then with both hands, he lifted her breasts to lightly squeeze and caress them. They were as perfect as the rest of her, and his eyes shone as he gazed upon her. "Oh Lanna...I knew you were beautiful, but you just keep adding to it."

Leaning his head in, he pressed his lips to the closest nipple and softly suckled, his tongue zipping out to run over her aureola. Then to the other breast, as he explored every curve.

He slid her from his lap and knelt to press his face between her breasts, kissing the valley of her chest in the middle. "And the most beautiful part is hidden under here." He hefted her left breast. "I've never met a woman with a heart like yours."

He kissed just a little lower, to the softness of her tummy. Sucking a bit, and nibbling her lightly, then back up to each breast.

Returning to her full lips to kiss her, he sighed. "I suppose we have to get back out there soon, or we'll draw suspicion. I just want you to know. Thank you. I'm so attracted to you, but somehow, that was also amazingly comforting. I feel better about everything and am ready to forge ahead."

Then he was quiet as he kissed Lanna's lips for a lingering deep joining.

"Darling, is there anything else you want me to do? I feel like this was all for me, though I know we are sharing.

She blushed as his hands and lips began to caress her bare breasts. The gentle way he handled them lifted a soft groan of pleasure from her body and she couldn't help but feel the need for more. It wasn't every day that she got to feel this kind of touch, and she savored it, wondering if he would want to do this to her a lot when they were married. She would certainly let him, if he needed her. She shivered and leaned into his ministrations, the little pink buds of her breasts stiffening under his attention. And he suckled them.

For a moment, she was afraid that a secret of hers would come rushing into their intimate moment, but he hadn't been handling her quite enough to let it out. For awhile, to supplement her income when she had been losing jobs, she had worked as a wet nurse. Without the constant stimulation, however, she'd had to worry less and less about producing milk. She could feel it building up now, however.

Lanna kissed him back and felt her heart calm down a bit as well. "Alright," she said with a smile. She kissed him again, leaning into him once more. Something about being in his arms was just wonderfully comforting. When he asked her if he could do anything for her, she chuckled and shook her head. "Oh, I don't think so. Not now, anyway." She smiled and then kissed him softly. "But what you can do is not draw out this little game you're playing with your cousin. It wouldn't do to have him think of me poorly." With that, she started to put her clothes back on, keeping the secret to herself for a moment. It wasn't something she was proud of and it was difficult to explain the science of it to a man.

He thought about her words, snatching one last kiss of her breast as she began to dress.

"Very well, I suppose it is a bit much. One thing about Tarin, he does know horses and how to ride, and he is from a noble family. I'll put him on stipend as the house courier, and he will be responsible for getting important messages to recipients.

I'll set him at 20 per week and he can live here, and we will provide him with breakfast and lunch. Dinner is his own responsibility unless there is a family function. And if he gets into the wine cellar, he is out on the street. Of course, to do that, he'd have to snitch the key from Cook, you or I, if he actually rises to the position, maybe he can assist in buying from the market...though right now, I'm loathe to give him access to any funds."

Hugh stood and straightened his tie. Then he kissed her hand, looked up at the ceiling, listened and kicked the door jamb. From the other side, there was a moan, and a thump. Hugh quickly unlocked the door and opened it. "Hello Tarin, Didn't you know uncle had all these soundproofed? But There's a reflection from the transom onto the brass light that shows me someone pressed against it. Now why aren't you doing your chores?"

"Oh Hugh! It was ghastly! I got soot on my white shirt sleeve." His face was so mournful that Hugh began to laugh, and soon could not control himself.

"Oh, Tarin. I'm sorry. And I have a job for you that involves riding horses. Are you in?" Tarin nodded.

"Good. Then let me introduce you against to the lovely Lanna Wainwright, my beloved Fiance, and soon to be lady of the house."

Tarin's eyes widened. "Truly? Oh Hughie! I'm so glad for you, cousin. And you got a gorgeous one who works, good for you boy. No disrespect Miss Wainwright. But he was always so shy. And you are a catch! Can I grab a snack and you can tell me about the job, and the marriage."

Hugh shook his head. "Miss Wainwright will fill you in, and you'd better respect her. I have to ride to town to check on a grape table."

He bowed over Lanna's hand and kissed it. "Darling, I'll get us some other fruits to go with dinner. Chef has left a list. Do you need anything. Oh, and the tailor is returning with your outfits tomorrow."

Lanna had just finished getting her clothes back in order when he told her about his plans for Tarin. She was pleased that he seemed to be willing to give his deadbeat cousin a job to earn some money, thinking that his notion to look out for his family was one that was noble and kind. She was a little worried, however, that his cousin would have scoffed at the idea. "You may want to consider his feelings on the matter before making firm decisions. Let him think it over before you consider employing him and funding his little excursions."

She smiled at the kiss to her hand and it only endeared him to her even more. Lanna was falling for him quite a bit, actually. She watched in astonishment as Tarin was discovered and hid a laugh behind her hand, chuckling just a little. The funniest part, however, was that he had soot on him at all. Just what had Carruthers done to him? Probably nothing the lad didn't deserve.

Lanna inclined her head gracefully and with the tiniest of smiles as Hugh introduced her the right way this time. She smiled as Hugh told her about his errands and the tailor. "Oh, that's right. Thank you for reminding me," she said softly. "I don't think I need anything. If nothing else, I'll get it next time I'm in town."

With that, she smiled and let him take his leave. She turned to Tarin and smiled pleasantly. "Please, have a seat," she said, sitting down at the desk, a free chair resting on the other side. "Now then, Tarin, Hugh has a proposition for you..." and she told him what it was, making sure that it sounded rather generous. She did say, however, that there were some restrictions that came with the job and was clear that if he broke them, he'd have to find someone else to help him.

Tarin sat and listened very quietly. He knew he couldn't play games with this woman. She was entirely business, and he had better be as well.

"The terms seem quite generous, Miss Wainwright. I appreciate the chance to have a real job doing something I love and I realize that no one else would give me the time of day. Hugh is being a good relative and friend. Know that even if I'm sometimes a drunk, and I tend to blow my money on the horses, I am 100% loyal to him, and would be proud to guard his back. He's all the family I've got, and I realize that I'd have lost the manor by now if I had it. So this works for me. I know I've always got a bed, a couple of included squares and someone who will be glad when I drag myself in. I count that worth more than the money I'm getting paid. Now I have a request. Hold back half that money. Don't give it to me unless I give you what you consider to be a real verified emergency.

So if it's all the same to you. I'm going to go check out the horses and try on some of the riding outfits at the livery. I need to be prepared for my job."

Hugh was being sneaky again. He had secretly had several people summoned. "Good, so the court ballroom and the abbey meeting area are both free then? I'll approach Lanna. Gentlemen,you have doen me a service today."

He went seeking her, finding her at the books, which was of no surprise.
"Darling. We need to talk. I've done a little work and have two possible dates for the wedding. Do you mind if there is a ball in your honor?"

Tarin seemed very clear on his position now, and she was glad that he'd been humbled somewhat. "I will hold back half, if that's what you wish and I'll start getting a contract ready for you, just in case. I do trust that you will honor your cousin. Which brings me to the restrictions. The first is that you will always respect the people of this household--no matter their station. The second, is that you will represent this name well--both for yourself, and also for your cousin and I. Be on your best behavior. I appreciate your cooperation. Welcome home." She smiled and gave a bow to her head to dismiss him.

Once he was gone, Lanna started to create a budget for the estate to follow. She set aside some money for her wedding to Hugh and she allowed for a few extra expenses on their part. When she was finished, she pulled out a sheet of paper and began to draft a standard contract for Tarin. She would have him sign it tomorrow.

When Hugh came in she was just double checking all of her figures. She looked up as he spoke to her. She was amazed at how happy she was to see him despite his absence having been slight. She was just about to ask him how the table venture had gone when he tossed a bit of a bomb her way.

"A ball? I'm not sure...why would you throw one for me?" she asked, raising her eyebrow. "And what's this about dates, Hugh?"

"I know you are right about it taking time to prepare for a wedding. I'd always heard that the hardest thing was to get a place...so I've prereserved a couple of dates at the church, and for the celebration. I hope you aren't mad...it's about 3 months out from now, thought I think I'll go crazy over you by then. We don't have to use those dates if you hate them.

I just don't want to wait longer than needed."

He hugged her close and sighed.

She returned his embrace and smiled softly. "I appreciate that, Hugh. It's just that I would have liked to have been involved in planning for the wedding, too." Lanna sighed, knowing that his heart was always in the right place and she loved him for that. "Which church is this now?" she asked. It had never occurred to her to ask his religion.

Chastened, he bit his lip. "I'm sorry, Lanna. Al I did was find out what was available. If I didn't use my title, there would be nothing available for fifteen months.

I just contacted the Abbey, since they will marry anyone who believes in God. If you want anther venue to make your relatives happy, we can certainly cancel...I just imagined you in a gown, with the light streaming over you from the stained glass, and a real septet of instruments to announce the arrival of my bride with full fanfare."

He looked down. "Please don't be cross, I'd never force you, but you have been teaching me that one has to anticipate opportunities. I-I didn't want any opportunities for you to be missed. I would never exclude you from anything."

His eyes were wet and his voice quavered.

"Oh Hugh..." she smiled and chuckled. "Oh, please don't be sad, my darling." She cupped his face and brought it down to hers, kissing him softly. "The abbey would be beautiful, Hugh. And I'm very proud of you for taking the initiative, my love. I just wish you would have asked me, that's all. I would have liked to go with you." She smiled and hugged him close. "I'm not angry darling. I love that you thought to do something like this."

She grinned and snuggled into his arms, doing her best to comfort him and reassure him.

Glad that she was not angry. He happily melted into her kiss, and couldn't help but slid his hand over her rump. "Darling...after dinner this evening, can we meet in the office. I'd love to suckle on your sweet breasts again and kiss all over your tummy." His eyes were a bit dreamy, then he remembered his other news which was business.

Hugh was getting frustrated with the guilds. "I can't imagine how you dealt with them! Being a noble and doing so is bad enough. They really think they can control everything. Today I heard the golds smith tell someone that if he didn't buy guild grapes that the guild wouldn't let anyone buy from him. What a racket!

I wonder... Maybe I should publish that anyone who is not of the guild should sell to non guild members at 10% off until this nonsense stops.

What do you think? am I borrowing trouble?"

Happy in his arms, she stayed right where she was and let him get away with sliding his hand over her rear. She blushed softly as he told her what he wanted to do. "Well...I suppose we can do that again," Lanna said, wondering if the library would become a new place to hide from the world while she and Hugh became intimate. The idea was exciting, but she was a bit nervous about him finding out about her milk. She was certain that it had been building up and if he teased her too much, he would be getting milk.

As he mentioned guilds she sighed. "Well there are two solutions," she said. "You could join a guild or compete with them," she said with a frown. "I think perhaps you should see if the gold smith's sentiment catches on. I'd give it a little time before you institute a discount, but it's good thinking. I like the way you're taking it."

Lanna smiled and kissed him once more. "Oh, before I forget, you should look over the contract for your cousin. You'll be surprised to hear that he wants us to hold back half of his wages for nothing short of an emergency. I agreed, since he seemed rather adamant. You should read over the contract and sign it. I'll have him sign tomorrow and notarize it." She smiled and then stood. "Is there anything you'd like to do until dinner?

He looked over and signed the contract approvingly. "You always to excellent work.

"Well Lanna, apart from what I'd always like to do with you, I have a concern about the grape arbor. One of the workers spotted a plant that seems very unhealthy. In an odd coincidence, Carruthers met a man from Italy, seeking a job. the man either owned or ran a vineyard. It's hard to tell, because his English is broken. Would you ride down to the vineyard with me and let's examine these plants? I'm a bit nervous."

He squeezed her hand and smiled.

"And after dinner, when you undress, you might want to try on the rest of your new clothes that are here." He smirked as he exited the library.

She blushed. "You won't see all of me until after we're married," Lanna reminded him at the last bit of his suggestions. "But trying on my new clothes would be nice," she said. "If you like you can wait while I try them on," she said.

The Italian made her curious, actually, as to what he was looking to do. She spoke some Italian, so she'd be able to speak with him and find out what it was all about. The plants made her a little uneasy as well. "Yes, I've been meaning to take a walk around the vineyard anyway. I'll handle our Italian friend," she said with a grin. "Ask Carruthers to ask around about him if you will."

With that, she exited the library with him.

"Lanna, I didn't mean... hey, are you teasing me? Because it's working!"

He was thrilled to hear that she spoke Italian, but somehow he wasn't surprised.

"Tell me that you're a rotten cook. There has to be SOMETHING that you can't do."

He rode next to her through the fields and they paused where they'd been told. Many of the leaves on this plant were yellowed. Hugh's face looked strained. The Italian was gesticulating and one of the other workers told him that it happened soon after some geese had been chased out.

Hugh looked at Lanna and then became determined. "Take any plant within 15 feet and tear them out putting them in a pile here. Then pour oil on it and burn the whole thing wash your hands with vinegar and any tools you use. If this shows up anywhere else, do the same thing. We can't afford to infect the rest of it

"Oh, I'm a fair cook, but nowhere near your chef. You've spoiled me," she said with a chuckle. "I'm not much good at knitting, but I can sew." She joked a little bit. "One thing I don't have much practice with is dancing, however." It was something to think about for their wedding if he had his heart set on a reception of sorts. She wasn't bad...she was just out of practice.

She road with him to the vineyard and thought his assessment was spot on. The gardeners agreed when she asked them for their opinion as well. There would be something of a bonfire later on. The work commenced right away. "I think you've got a handle on things here. I'm going to see about our Italian," she said with a smile, riding over on a very tame and sweet mare. She slid down, having ridden side saddle.

The Italian used to run a vineyard of his own, but due to certain circumstances, he lost his land and money. He was looking for work as a wine-maker and a harvest worker. He was offering cheap labor and letters of reference from several Italian nobles. He also had a good reputation in town from what Carruthers had gathered. She promised to tell Hugh about him and think it over. She would get back to him tomorrow. He parted with many "thank you's" and "beautiful lady's" and a suave bow. She laughed and waved.

When Lanna returned, it was close to dinner, and so he waited for her in the dining hall.

For tonight, he had invited Tarin to join them. Something had changed in Tarin. He seemed somewhat appreciative of his circumstances.

"Well, like you, I'm the last of my tree. We each need to get someone. I'm a bit jealous of your wonderful lady, but you deserve her. I'm not nice enough. I'm just glad to be here, because I've been lonely."

When Lanna arrived, the each kissed her hand and Hugh seated her. Tonight was cornish hens and dinner was wonderful.

He'd forgotten how funny Tarin could be, and how much he could liven conversation. Tarin regaled them with a bet their uncle had made that he could plow a straight line with an ox and a donkey side by side. He had won the bet by lengthening the plow to 20 feet back so there irregular step didn't show up.

When they had together finished a bottle, Tarin was going to ask for another, but Hugh said. "Tarin, I find that more than two drinks numbs my tongue for dessert, and Chef made a cream pie."

During dessert Hugh asked. "Lanna, there are two points I'd really like to examine if you can meet me in the library after dinner. I want a full perspective on them to understand how weighty they are."

Lanna was thoroughly charmed by the cousins, and she had a wonderful dinner that she had to thank the chef for more than once. The stories Tarin told amused her, and she gained a deeper appreciation for their family. She was pleased to have Tarin staying with them, especially since it seemed to make Hugh happy.

When desert came around, she just barely managed to stop herself from blushing at his obvious innuendo. "Certainly, Hugh. I'll be happy to help you with that." She smiled and nodded her head in an almost regal manner.

It took every ounce of his self control not to wolf down the amazing multilayered cream pie. Chef had obviously slaved over it, and when she 'happened' to wander through, he led a round of applause, and insisted that she accept a $50 bonus.

After dinner, he said goodbye and sauntered to the library. The new clothes and a dressing screen were in here. "Here is my thought. You try on the outfits, and you chose the top three that you would enjoy me taking off you, then I will choose the top one and we will proceed. Around that time, I will be likely to swear myself your eternal slave."

Hugh leaned in to kiss her, and pat her hip. "Go show me some gorgeous."

Lanna savored her dessert and found herself enjoying it so much she had to fight the urge to not ask for more. She joined Hugh as he applauded the woman behind the meal and gave her praise. The Chef's bonus was something they could afford, but she needed to speak with him about being quite so generous.

When everything was finished, she said good bye to Tarin and the rest of the staff and walked toward the library with Hugh. She was a little surprised that they'd set up everything for her to change in here, rather than a spare room, but she supposed it was fine. It just seemed a bit odd. With a shrug, the lovely woman started to head behind the screen when he told her how to go about it.

She blushed deeply and looked at him. "Hugh...I...I don't know how to choose that," she said, looking at him. She rarely let her mind wander to this particular area. Did he?

Sitting back in a large padded chair, he called to her. "Well, I see two ways to handle this then. You pick out something that you think will flatter your appearance, and I think that it should be a capital crime, were any article of clothing to dare such an heinous act, or you dither and get embarrassed, and I have to come back there to help you dress and undress."

He smirked, fairly certain which easy that would go. He also knew that the silk lingerie he had purchased was hung up back there as well. He hoped she'd try some of it. There was a corset that lifted the breasts, and he fully expected to faint if she wore it.

"Take your time darling. Just know that if you take too long, I'll be imagining you doing something naughty back there, and wondering if you need help.

Or I might be thinking naughty things out here. You know how a man's mind can wander." He was blushing at his own daring words, glad she couldn't see him.

She gave him a little look as if to say, "Be careful what you say," and then walked behind the screen and wondered if she could argue her way out of this. Then again, the lady had given her word. So, she had many choices before her. There were some of the high-necked pieces she'd worn in the past in tasteful material--they were all made well. She took off her clothes and neatly put them over the back of a chair. Silk undergarments were there as well, and she'd never had anything so fine before. Nor did she remember having asked for them.

Hugh was being too nice. He didn't need to pay for any of this. She removed her undergarments and tried on some of the silky panties in a nice soft color with the matching bra and found them to be comfortable. Rather than delay herself and give Hugh a reason to think of something, she pulled on a lovely green dress that hugged her body in the right places without making it seem vulgar, and showed just enough of her to be appropriate but sexy. The tailor was very good at their job. She stepped out from behind the screen after pulling on her stockings and showed him the first outfit.

He gave an appreciative low whistle. "I'm going to have to hire a guard if you are going to insist on being so gorgeous. I'd say this was the winner, but it's harder to snuggle in a dress, so I suppose not.

But you should certainly keep it. It would be perfect for the next formal dinner that some other nobility invite us to.

Can you try a blouse and skirt combo next darling?"

He was not normally much interested in clothes. But when Lanna wore clothes, it was a whole different matter.

Ms. Wainwright caught a picture of herself in a mirror that had been brought in and had to agree that she looked lovely. She blushed a little at Hugh's assessment. She wasn't used to hearing someone who was normally sweet and kind to a fault talking this way.

"I'll do that. Just a moment." She left the viewing area of him and then slipped behind the screen and removed the clothes, hanging them neatly again. She saw a corset and decided to try it on next. It was very supportive, to the point of creating more cleavage. She wasn't really sure that she needed it with all she had to offer already, but it would be nice to try it on. She then found a nice navy blue blouse with some frills and found a rather new cut of a skirt--it hugged her hips and thighs but gave enough room to walk at the knee. Later in history it would be called the pencil skirt. It was a lovely cream color and when she put it on it looked lovely together. She walked out in this next, letting him comment as he would.

Back
Top Bottom