Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Of Hard Times and Affections (Me + Yuukic)

As he wrapped his arms around her she grabbed the back of his knees and let out a loud teasing groan. "Oh, you're so heavy." She giggled with sarcasm before taking a couple steps ahead. "Actually, this is easier than I thought it would be." She smiled as she walked through the bedroom door and let him go. She may have been strong enough to get him there, but it wouldn't have lasted much longer. She turned around to face him and slid his glasses off his face before giving him a kiss. She pulled away and grabbed her sweats and tshirt before starting to change.

He didn't bother with changing before he went to bed. Rather, all he did was grab his hoodie and threw it off to the side, before kicking his jeans off to match the pile off to the side as well. Before he hopped into bed though, he kissed the back of her head and gave her rump a little squeeze, quickly jumping into the bed before she had a chance to react. "God I love this bed.' He groaned a loud, stretching out on it.

She was in her bra and sweats when he kissed her and she smiled before he squeezed her bum. She rolled her eyes with a smile on her face that seemed hard to get rid of. She removed her bra and threw it on the dresser. It wasn't cold yet which tempted her to just sleep like that, but she knew it would get cold in the middle of the night so she threw on the tshirt she grabbed. "I bet you do." She chuckled as she climbed onto the bed next to him. She brought the blanket up to her chest and laid on her stomach with her head turned towards him.

"Not as much as I love you." he reminaded, leaning over and pressing his lips to her temple, smiling a little bit as he fell back onto the bed and looked over at her for one more fleeting moment before the darkness would over take the both of them. he leaned over and kissed her on the lips one final time, whispering a soft goodnight before he reached blindly over his shoudler, looking for the light switch. he finally found it and clicked it, sending the room into a darkness that was only broken by the dim light the moon tried to give outside, the snow gathering at the windowsill. His arms wrapped around her waist as he crawled under the blankets.

It took a minute for her eyes to adjust to the darkness before she could see the moons light shining in through the window. She snuggled back into him and said her final goodnight before drifting off into her dreams.

She had a strange dream, and when she woke up it was in her mind very vividly. She just sat there thinking about it and thought about how terrible it would be if it were to come true. She wiped the thoughts from her mind and looked at the window. It was now covered in snow, and the light it gave off was minimal since it was blocking the light. She looked at the alarm clock on her end table and didn't want to be up yet. It was only eight, but once she woke up she couldn't go back to sleep so she just laid in Jason's arms waiting for him to wake up too.

There was almost a sixth sense he had when it came to her. Even in his deepest slumber, he had that nagging feeling that his girlfriend wasn't there with him in a deep slumber. However, he was also a lazy bastard, so rather than wake up completely, all he did was mumble out, "What's wrong?" In a slurred ton.

She leaned her head against his chest and mumbled, "Nothing." Since he was awake she broke out of his arms and sat up on the edge of the bed. She stretched her arms into the air and smiled before getting up and walking to the door. "I'm going to see if school got canceled." She looked back at him with a smile. She walked out the door and to the couch grabbing the laptop before sitting down. She checked the news website which had no updates about it, but when she checked the school website they said that it was cancelled until further notice. She was about to get excited, but that just meant that they would spend all day trying to get a job.

As he woke up and she told him the good news of school FINALLY being canceled, he was happy for her, he really was! So, in order to improve her day off, he kissed the top of her head. "Okay baby, here's the game plan. You stay here and relax, lord knows you deserve it, and I'm gonna go out job hunting." he said. He didn't want to drag her down with him in terms of the monotony of the dreaded job search. Why should she? She deserved to rest today, this was one of the few free days she would get.

"Well, I still want to go to the cafe and see if Josh will hire me." She told him referring to their close friend and manager of the cafe. "So if you want to go with me.." She said leaving it open for discussion. In reality she just wanted to be with him all day, but that really wasn't an option unless she went with him. She kind of wanted to go, but didn't want to get in the way of anything. When you go to get applications you should really be solo so they can see that you are independent, and they both were. She thought that maybe because they were together they weren't finding any luck last night.

"Hmmm, I guess that wouldn't be so bad." he said, nodding his head and biting his bottom lip out of thought. "Think we should go together though?" he asked. "I mean, I'll probably be out all day, I don't want to have to drag you away when you have your own schedule and all that boring stuff." he said.

A small frown became apparent on her features. "Well you don't have to go with me if you don't want to." She said. She soon remembered something and a smile crossed her face. "Actually I can go by myself. That way you get more time to look for a job right?" She asked smiling. The place didn't open until ten so she had a little down time to relax before she left. "Are you planning on heading out right away?" She asked looking at him again.

"Might as well." He affirmed with a nod of his head. "Try to go out and try and hope people are gonna be staying in...' He paused and frowned. "Unless most of the stories are closed because of the snow as well. Damn I didn' think of that." he said. "Well, the ones that are open are gonna be begging for any kind of help, eh?" He asked with a little chuckle. "So this is the best time to do it, I think."

She smiled and stood up in front of him to give him a kiss. "Don't be gone too long." She smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck and moving her lips to his. "When I get back from the cafe I'll start looking online for you again." She smiled up at him. before giving him another kiss. "Go get the money." She chuckled as she let him go.

"Thanks baby." he chuckled and kissed her in return, smiling alittle bit at her. He grabbed his jacket from the closet and slipped it on, looking out the window one final time and wondering if he'd even make it back home. "Wish me luck!" he said as he opened the door and began to make his way to the frozen outside world, hoping for the best. But even hoping may have been too much.

"Good luck!" She called after him and with that he was gone. She had to admit that she was a little nervous about him going out in the cold like that, but he would be fine. She looked at the clock it was eight forty-five so she decided to take a shower and get ready for the day. When she was ready to go she still had half an hour to kill. She looked at places of hire on the computer for a little while and then decided to leave. She grabbed her coat and locked the door behind her, placing the key under the potted flower outside their apartment door.

Perhaps going out into the middle of a blizzard wasn't the best place to do it. He trudged through the snow, groaning and shivering all the while to the main street and tried a few of the shops he didn't try the other day. S adly, lady luck was not smiling on him this day, as most of them were closed down for the blizzard, and those who weren't, well, they couldn't promise anything, but they did give him an application saying "Who knows, you may get lucky?"

Yeah, luck was the one thing he needed. He trudged through the snow for another half hour, heading for any of the places he went to yesterday. Maybe they didn't recognize him.

"Didn't you come in here yesterday with that girl?"

Well, so much for that.

So, for being out a whole hour and a half, the most he had to show was an application, and even then it was a 10/90 chance of gim getting the job. He sighed, beaten, and walked his way back to the apartment.

Maisie walked in the knee deep snow towards the cafe. It was only about a mile away from the apartment so that was convenient. She walked in causing the little bell to jingle. There was about three people there working on school work they didn't do yet she assumed. She went to the counter and ordered her coffee and requested to see Josh. Her drink was halfway gone before he came out.

"So." She started with a small smile. "I was wondering if you had a job opening." She asked before taking another drink.
"well, I think that since it seems like it will be snowing for the next few months we will meed to hire someone new." He told her. "Why? Are you finally deciding to do something?" He teased.
"Well, me and Jason are both looking for a job." She told him with a small frown on her features. He knew what that meant and nodded his head. "I can definately get one of you in, but I can only pay you minimum wage.." He told her. She wondered if it would be okay for the time being.
"Okay." She said smiling. "I'll go talk to him about it and I'll be back later." She said grabbing her coffee. She wasn't sure if he would be home yet, but she hoped he was. if whoever got the job was going to be paid only minimum wage then there was no doubt that they would both have to get a job. She grabbed her coffee cup and waved goodbye before walking out into the chilly weather.

When she got home, JAson was all ready at his table, scribbling on a piece of paper with his tongue between his teeth, sighing a little bit. Right now he was trying to think of some good references for this. Didn't even know why he was bothering at this point, this wouldn't do anything. Hearing the door open, he looked over at her and smiled. "Hey baby." he said. "Cold enough for you out there?"

She smiled as she heard her greeting. "Oh good you're here." She said as she walked to the table, looking over his shoulder at his papers. She saw that we was stuck at references. She had forgotten about them. She didn't really want him putting his old boss since he would just help him NOT get the job. "So I went to the cafe." She said, taking a seat next to him. "And Josh said he would hire one of us and put us through the job training right away, but he can only hire one of us and at minimum wage." She told him. "So I don't know if you want it and see if I can get a job somewhere else? Or should I take it and you keep trying?" She looked at his papers again. There were pros and cons to either option, so it was all a matter of who would come up with the better resume.

"Hm..." he said as he stopped writing, and stuck the pencil behind his ear, leaning back in the couch, crossing his arms and looking up at the ceiling. "Well I have the most experience, and you still have classes, so that'd cut into your time even more...but if you don't take the job, which is almost guaranteed, knowing how close you and Josh are, this may be the break we need...' he said a little bit and thought for a moment. "You go for it, I can waste a few more weeks hunting myself."

"Are you sure?" She asked looking at his papers once again. "It won't be much, and I don't know how long I'll have the job." She told him, "So you can't get lazy with finding work." She said softly. She would gladly take it and was going to, but she didn't want him to worry about anything. "You aren't going to get lonely without me around?" She teased before pecking his cheek.

"Please, you out of the house most of the day?" he teased with a grin. "I won't know what to do with myself. But the quiet, oh the quiet, I welcome it." he joked with a laugh, smiling over at her, kissing her forehead. "But yeah, go for it babe, skies the limit and all that stuff, supportive and junk."

She smiled at his teasing and laughed at his attempt to give her a pep talk. "Well, I could go tell him now, but I don't want you to be lonely." She said winking at him. "Unless you want to go with, but it's freaking cold." She laughed. She didn't even want to go really, but she didn't want to distract him from what he was doing.

"I'm sure he'd be willing to wait another day for your answer.' he said with a chuckle. "You can go if you want, but I'm gonna try and fill out the rest of this application." he said as he took the pencil from behind his ear again, turning his attention back onto the paper.Who else did he know? Why did all of his bosses hate him, dammit?! "Doesn't help everywhere else was closed. DOn't even know why I'm bothering with these guys, they told me they likely weren't going to hire me..."

"It's always worth a shot." She encouraged him. "Put some friends as references." She suggested before she moved to her room. She was tired and in need of a little nap. "I think I will go tomorrow." She called back through the small apartment before hopping onto the bed and setting her alarm for an hour nap. She fell asleep quickly tired from her trudge through the snow today.

Back
Top Bottom