Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

As Fate Would Have It (BWA x Serenity x Kara)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWingAngel

Super-Earth
It wasn't every day that Kyre Crossblade went through a bout of immense trouble. However, as the elven ranger soon realised, he was about to find out the true meaning of it.

He had been running for a while now, rushing past tree by tree as volleys of arrows flooded the air. Kyre hated, hated it when a deal that was going well ends up with arrows or swords drawn. Even as one unlucky fool tried to ambush him, resulting in Kyre's twin swords severing his arms and head, he was still majorly annoyed.

Depsite it being night, the ranger's eyes could adjust quickly, allowing him to see a cave in the distance. Seeing no other option, he picked up the pace, running full tilt towards the entrance. His pursuers were catching up, but he knew that was inevitable. The cave would give him protection from the archers, at least.

Rushing in, Kyre was moving to take cover behind a wall. Only, he forgot about the potential slickness of the rock, which is why he was surprised when he slipped and fell into the cave, tumbling and rolling until he finally hit a wall, stopping him dead. Growling in pain, Kyre sat up, rubbing his neck gently before gazing up at what he hit.

The wall was a shrine. Within the center was a single gem, seperated into two colors... and it had a magical light pouring from a sword slash, probably caused by his own blade, that was getting brighter and brighter.

"Oh shit..."

Tsukiko's "body" drifted around on the empty plane much like it had for the past five hundred years. Letting out a heavy sigh she glanced over at her twin hikaru who was just peacefully floating there.

Letting out an irritated sigh she tried to follow suit and tried to just meditate and let the years "fly by" as her sister put it. She loved her sister but sometimes she didn't understand a damn thing that came from her mouth. After a few moments of "attempted" meditation she gave up and began drifting listlessly around again.

"five hundred years...and we've sat here in silence...how long are they going to keep us sealed! she thought agitatedly. Turning over so to speak she moved closer to her sister, stopping she raised her brow and turned her head looking around. She thought she heard something like a voice, a moment later their world shook and a beam of light shone through a crack that looked very similar to a stab made by a sword.

"YES!" she shouted out knowing they had now been freed from their imprisonment. "Hikaru!!" she yelled over to her sister as she faded from the lifeless plane that had been their home for the last several centuries.

In the real world one of the gems detached itself from the shrine and began hovering, still emitting that strange eerie light as before. Soon followed the form of a woman who seemed to be fading backwards around the gem. Before long her entire body materialized and the gem moved to her forehead. The glow from the gem died down as soon as it connected with her skin and she opened her eyes and stared down at a man "So...the first man I see in five hundred years is.....you?..How anti-climatic.." she said sighing softly.

Glancing at the shrine she licked her lips "Hey Hikaru! Hurry you have to see who freed us!" she thought with an almost wicked grin. Setting herself down on the floor she walked up to the man and observed him then glanced up at the marred shrine "You don't look like much...how did you come upon our shrine?" she asked staring at him intently. She of course being who she was had completely forgotten about his injuries.

Hikaru drifted peacefully, barely aware of anything. Not the passage of time, nor the bleak grey surroundings. Nothing but her sister. She was keenly aware of her other half's misery. While she herself radiated peace and serenity, Tsukiko gave off an air of boredom and extreme irritation.

They only did what they thought was right. They were afraid of us. She explained patiently, just as she had been doing for the last five hundred years. Hikaru didn't like this anymore then her sister. She missed living things, people, animals, plants...the sun on her face. But she knew the day would come when they would be set free, and she clung to that thought, and it brought her peace. Soon. I can feel it, we'll be freed.

And then it happened. Light seemed to flare in the pale grey of the plane and Tsukiko, who had been floating by her side only moments ago was gone, pulled into the light, which was quickly growing to envelope her.

Another gem, bright blue in color, detached from the shrine wall. She could hear her sister calling to her as she began to materialize in the cave beside her. The glow of the gem faded as Hikaru grew more solid in shape and form, until she was whole and standing on solid ground for the first time in centuries.

Breathing deeply she took the time to relish their new found freedom, breathing in the air. It was stale so far into the cave, but right now it was the most wonderful thing she could imagine. “Its amazing isn't it?”

Her eyes opened, revealing deep blue irises. The very first thing her vision lit on was the man who had freed them. Unlike Tsukiko, the first thing she noticed about the man were his injuries. Moving to kneel beside him she looked him over carefully. “ It doesn't matter how he found us. Look he's hurt.” She chided the other lightly.

Reaching out a hand she meant to heal him, thinking better of her actions she paused, her hand hovering over his arm. “If you like I could heal you?”

Kyre stared in wonder as the gem became two, very beautiful human women, practically identical to each other. Taking in their appearences was difficult without practiically swooning for them, but from what the elf could gather, they had the air of magic around them. Very powerful magic. With a grunt of pain, he recovered his swords and was about to stand when one of the twins offered to heal him.

"No... not now... not until they retreat..."

As if on cue, Kyre's sensitive ears picked up the sound of an arrow flying into the cave. Scrambling up, he swung with his right hand sword and was rewarded when the arrow launched out from the darkness, only to be casually knocked off-course into the ground. Kyre's twin weapons were a blur, picking off arrow after arrow that sped towards him and the twins.

Growling, he could feel his muscles tiring. "Damn it all.." he uttered, before turning his head to look at the twins. "Hey, anytime you ladies want to help, now would be it!"

Tsukiko let out a heavy sigh as soon as her sister appeared the "White Angel" came out the instant she saw the man was injured. Placing her hands on her hips she tilted her head "Yeah, yeah...injured..right" she muttered under her breath.

Arching her eyebrow she stared at him as he refused healing mentioning something about someone retreating. Now this intrigued her, cause putting two and two together you not only get four but you also get that there might be a bit of a skirmish coming up. The moment the gleam of battle entered her eyes an arrow shot through the cave and surprisingly the injured man was able to deflect it incredibly well. Soon more arrows were shot down there and he was able to deflect them as well but he wouldn't be able to keep it up forever and as if right on cue he made the invitation.

"Awww but you're supposed to be our savior! and now you're asking for help? Thats not how this is suppose to work." she said with a sly little smile. Crossing one foot in front of the other she bent her upper body down slightly and tilted her head slightly in an almost playful fashion. With a little giggle she cast a glance at her twin hikaru "I think...it's my turn now sister..you should start healing him." she thought with another small giggle.

Straightening up she clapped her hands together in an almost ok-its-a-deal-then manner.

"Ok....since our oh-so-lovely-master commands it's time for us to step in darling sister." she said touching the gem on her forehead excitedly. For the first time in five hundred years Tsukiko would be able to move about again and that did not bode overly well for the world but as long as her sister the white angel stood by her side the darkness she was burdened to carry would not consume the world.

Waving her fingers in front of her face she smiled and a wall of fire shot up from the ground consuming the arrows that dared enter the cave. Smirking she looked at the wall "I think...master that you should let my sister Hikaru..heal you now. Leave them to me." she said glancing at the man who'd so unknowingly freed them. Before she left though she looked back at him "Although since you've not given me a direct order I'll leave a quarter of them alive for you." she said with a little smile.

As she walked out of the cave her hips swayed back and forth both playfully and excitedly as she did a little skip.

A smile played across her lips as she felt the wind for the first time in eons caressing her skin like it was greeting her happily. Her hair swayed and played on it's currents. Looking out across the area she saw quite a lot of men standing at the entrance of the cave looking at her a bit curiously. " Twenty of you? So that means...a quarter of you would be...five!" she said with a little giggle. The men glanced at each other then looked at her curiously. "Oh dear me! I didn't even introduce myself properly oh shame on me I've forgotten my manners!" she said with a little smile.

"The names Tsukiko Kimiko pleasure to meet you all!" she said curtsying to them. The men's expression of confusion grew as they watched her not quite sure what to do. "I'm afraid though...that only five of you will be able to stay alive; The man you've been trying to kill is now under the protection of the Kimiko Twins." she said with another little excited giggle. Some of the men's eyes widened and other began to shake however a few more just scoffed at her.

Lowering her head she snapped her fingers "Come now Kurubusu; It's time to play." she said in a little too happy of a note. Flames flickered in an un-ordered array around her, in between the flames small circular blades spun around the moonlight glinting off the sharp edges. The small flames had produced only about four spinning blades, the blades continued to spin as they lowered around her and with a little grin she pointed at the men in front of her. "We only need five left alive...." she said and with that the blades disappeared.

They hadn't actually disappeared but had just been moving so quickly that their untrained eyes could no longer see them. A second later screams echoed around the area and inside the cave, anguished painful screams.

Tsukiko just stood there watching as the blades sliced through the men like scissors through paper, heads lay near severed arms, legs found separated from the hips no body part was saved from the sawing blades. Blood covered the forest floor as well as splattered over tree's and bushes. It looked like some horror massacre scene from some sick gore movie; except this was very real. The sawing blades slowed down the flames glinting over the blades as they trapped the remaining five within a circle of blades.

Looking behind her she just smiled "It's all safe now.." she said in a falsely innocent voice. Looking back at the men encircled by Kusuburu she just smiled a little and waited for her new master to come up. " I don't think you should venture up Hikaru...you wont like what you see..I used Kusuburu...." she thought the gleam dying from her eyes.

Hikaru patiently ignored her sister. They both had their roles to play. Hikaru was ever the nurturing healer, Tsukiko the restless warrior. There was no point in bickering. She did, however, cluck impatiently as the elf stood, pushing aside her offer of healing, though it became apparent why seconds later as the whistling of arrows filled the cave.

I agree. I was never much for violence. She now stood behind her sister and the elf, leaving the two of them to deflect the arrows.

Her slim hands came to lightly rest on his shoulders when he asked for help. “You can't keep fighting at half strength like this, she will handle your attackers, now let me heal you.” Her voice was more insistent now. “It will only take a moment.”

Closing her eyes she began to lightly hum, it was soothing sound meant to calm, and the tune was alive with magic. Gradually her voice became louder, until it was the only sound that could be heard in the small cave. A blue light seemed to wash over everything, emanating from the gem in her forehead, as the light grew brighter so to would his strength. It was almost blinding in its brightness when she finally stopped, having healed all his injuries, new and old.

“You should feel better now.” A bright smile lit her face as she opened her eyes and removed her hands from his shoulders. “And just in time it would seem. Lets go.”

Ignoring her sisters advice she made her way to the mouth of the cave, a bout of nausea washing over her as she saw the damage. It was surprising that she wasn't used to this kind of carnage by now, living as long as she had with her sister. It took everything she had not to try and heal them, though at this point they were beyond her ability to fix.

"What are you do... uuughn..."

Sinking to his knees, Kyre felt like he had a full night's sleep in a few seconds. The sensation was undescribable, as if Tyrissa, the Goddess of Nature, had suddenly beckoned him to take her sacred virginity. His swords fell from his hands, his eyes slowly lidding shut to feel sleep's gentle embrace. In the distance, he could hear the bloodied screams of the men pursuing him, only for his ears to be filled with the soft song of Hikaru's voice.

Then it stopped, like the entirety of those feelings were lifted. Blinking, Kyre turned his head slightly to Hikaru, a smile upon her face. Nodding at her words, Kyre retrieved his swords, twirling them into their scabbards with newfound strength before heading towards the cave entrance. Approaching it, he saw the other twin, Tsukiko, standing before a sight of immense carnage. Kyre was glad he had done his own fair share of killing, because the sight would have made any other being vomit. The only survivors were trapped in a deadly circle, surrounded by floating blades.

"At least you were true to your word..." Kyre said to Tsukiko. He looked upon the poor wretches, taking in the clothing they wore, the symbolic tattooes upon their skin and the color of their eyes. "Drows... hmph. Looks like Dessius is still after my hide..." Turning to the twins, he gave them a gentle nod. "Thank you for what you have done, despite the result... although, Hikaru, I never understood what your sister meant by "oh-so-lovely master"..."

Tsukiko knew hikaru would be affected by the carnage she'd wrought, it never failed.

No matter how many eons they had lived and no matter how many bodies fell at her feet hiakru always felt sick, it's why Tsukiko nicknamed her "The White Wing Angel." Sighing softly she walked behind her sister and covered her eyes with her hands "I'm sorry hikaru..." she thought leaning her forehead against her sisters shoulder.

When alone she never regretted her actions but the moment she saw the reaction on her sisters face...she regretted it. "Im sorry I was such a monster sister..." she thought still holding her hands over Hikaru's eyes so she would not have to peer at the carnage.

It was apparent that their new master had already seen enough of her bloodshed and decided to finally speak. Blinking she lifted her head and gazed at him "You doubted me?" she said simply. She still kept her hand over Hikaru's eyes, not exactly pressed against her face but more hovering in front of them so she wouldn't see the grotesque scene.

She listened to him go on and let out a soft sigh smiling "Way it turned out?..." she said her voice a little blank. "What did you expect? I am Tsukiko Kimiko after all." she said. Though a thought crossed her mind as she said those words "Do you think...in the past five hundred years...our names have been lost?" she thought looking back into the cave. The thought of being locked back up made even her shiver, being locked away was horrible and enough to drive a person mad.

A small smirk worked its way on her lips once more, turning her sister away from the soon-to-be graveyard she dropped her hand and stepped beside her sister. Grabbing her sisters hand she looked over at her twin and smiled before returning her gaze to the elf man. Both of them stood in front of him hand in hand "Since he asked you and you always were better at explaining things like this...why don't you let him know what fate has done for him." she thought. She let out a little giggle like they had just shared some inside joke that he would never know.

Hikaru lay her hand on the cave wall, struggling to remain up right and not vomit. What a grand re-entrance into the world that would be! Living as long as she had with Tsukiko she should be able to handle the sight before her now, she had seen it enough times in the past. But every time she saw it, it was like the first, it always hit her like a brick to the face. Relief came unexpectedly as her dear twin covered her eyes. You'd think I would be used to this by now...And you are not a monster. Just like I'm not a saint, we are what we were made to be.

For the moment Kyre was forgotten as she conversed with her sister, she had a tendency to do that, always becoming so wrapped up in her other half that she forgot anyone else existed. Until she was sharply brought back to the present by the voice of another, like now.

They very well may have. Five hundred years is a long time for mortals to remember. A frown tugged down the corners of her lips as she thought, they're about to remember.

Of course you would leave the explanations to me. Five hundred years locked away and you're still the same. A playful smile lit up Hikaru's face as she glanced at her twin, and her fingers curled around the other's hand.

“I am Hikaru Kimko and this is Tsukiko Kimiko.” She began, formally introducing them to him, even though he already knew their names. “We are the Kimiko twins, the most powerful force the world has ever seen. And now, as fate would have it, we, in part, belong to you. We are bound to you, and bound to do you're bidding.” For the first time since exiting the cave her face took on a dark, warning look, “Do not abuse this gift.”

Kyre stood there, listening. Looking between the two, he was lucky that the gems upon their foreheads were there, for without them, then neither twin could told apart from the other in his mind. Upon seeing the grim look on Hikaru's face that came with her warning, the elf merely nodded. "I definitely can understand that. Do not worry; I have no intentions of starting wars, causing kingdom wide mayhem, nor have I any intention to spread a false sickness that only I can cure. Things like that are for tyrants, fools and anything that is evil or just plain nasty."

However, no matter what he could do, there was a small glint in Tsukiko's eye, as if she was... glad that she was now, for lac of a better term, his slave. Taking a step towards her, he kept his eyes on her for a moment then looked at Hikaru. "There's something either you two haven't told me or are about to tell me, because Tsukiko looks like she can't hold it back." Crossing his arms, he awaited their answer, trying to ignore the stench of gore behind him.

"Please tell me quickly, I would really like to be gone from here before any other poor soul comes across us and ends up in pieces... no offense." He gave Tsukiko a quick, joking smile.

Tsukiko smiled gratefully to her twin "You'll always stay by my side? Won't you Hikaru?" she thought as she felt her sisters fingers intertwine with her own.

Another soft giggle escaped Tsukiko's lips "Sorry Hikaru I only do it because I love to hear your gentle voice." she thought smiling. Blinking she watched Kyre intently as Hikaru explained to him what had happened. Hikaru had a balancing, calming effect on her as well as most things around her. Which is why whenever Tsukiko had to go and slaughter everyone, hikaru was left behind to wait.

It was more a mix she hated seeing her twins face twist with disgust, horror and various other emotions.

Though it was true that Hikaru was the healer and Tsukiko was the warrior as it was by design, she detested seeing her sister in pain and always tried to protect her from seeing the ugly things in life. Her sisters expression darkened as she gave their new "master" a final warning. "Hikaru....remember...before we were sealed? That field of flowers I showed you? You absolutely adored it." she thought wanting to bring a smile back to her sisters face.

During the entire time her gaze had never left Kyre's face and she smiled mischievously as he began to talk. It was the same speech she'd heard a thousand men give she just wondered if he'd be able to live up to it.

He seemed to have noticed the little gleam of knowledge in her eyes as he stepped forward and questioned them about it."Oh my isn't our new master quick to catch on!" she said with a false air of admiration. "I'll tell him this time Hiakru." she thought with a little giggle. "Don't let us down master. A thousand men have told us the same thing." she said with an almost lets-just-wait-and-see type of grin.

"Me and Hikaru balance the world, Keep it in sync. Hikaru the light in the world and on the same coin Me...the darkness in the world. This world can not exist with just one of us, like the world we balance one another out." she said her eyes staring directly into his. "Without Hikaru by my side I'm a demon incapable of feeling or caring. I will slaughter without mercy and sin shall wake from every step I take." she went on each word seeming to hold a darkness to it. "By the same side should Hikaru be separated from me she will try to purge the world of it's sin and darkness and while that may seem all nice and dandy one must remember; You creatures who dwell here are sinners." she said blinking slowly that all knowing grin still on her lips. "Five hundred years ago, when man realized they could not utilize either of us without it destroying the world they sealed us away. It was a move of anger and fear. Me and Hikaru must always keep a link to one another should that link be broken...chaos will envelope the world and the seams of reality will tear." she said her words echoing around the area clearly.

"When you unsealed us we became yours to command so to speak, but at the same time you have now been burdened with the weight of the world." she said.

Looking to her sister she tilted her head slightly "How did I do Hikaru?" she thought seeking her sisters approval.

"Hikaru is most special to me and I will not allow anyone to harm her. Nor will I allow her powers to be abused." she said turning her gaze back to Kyre. Bringing both her and Hikaru's hand up she rubbed her cheek against the back of Hikaru's hand and smiled almost serenely.

"I suggest that we move quickly from here." she said knowing that if they stayed there any longer it would only upset Hikaru. "Would you like me to shield your eyes Hikaru?" she thought looking back to her sister. "Oh one more thing...what shall we call you?" she said glancing over at kyre.

Of course I shall. I couldn't live without you. A musical laugh followed her words. She needed her twin like she needed air to breath. Her twin was all things to her, and she all things to her twin. She could have lived one thousand years trapped in that ether world, and survived rather happily, so long as Tsukiko was there with her. But even a second with out her and she would have been lost.

A smile lit her face. Yes. That place was beautiful! Do you think it still exists...? Looking around herself, careful to avoid seeing the blood spattered ground, she took in their surroundings. Five hundred years had gone a long way to change the lay of the land, it was doubtful that anything they had known in their time still existed.

Brought back to reality once again she answered her sister with a small smirk. “He is indeed.”

Everything seemed to fall silent as Tsukiko began to speak, as if even the smallest insect knew that what she said carried great weight, and even greater importance. Even the men who were entrapped by her circling blades had fallen quiet, their ceaseless babble silenced.

She watched their new master, her gaze intense as she took in the smallest changes in his expression. Wanting to know how he processed this information, wanting to catch the smallest sign of danger with in him. If he couldn't be trusted she wanted to know it now rather then later.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

“That goes double for me.” Hikaru echoed her twins sentiments. Bringing the other's hand to her lips to lay a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.

It took a moment for Kyre to process the information given to him by Tsukiko. It took another moment for him to summarise it, two more to double-check he wouldn't get obliterated into sawdust by her blades then a final moment for him to finally come out and say it. "So, basically, I'm to make sure you two never seperate and never get killed. Simple enough, I've had worse." In truth, nothing was worse than the end of reality, but all things considered, the twins were non-existant in the minds of any being in this time, save for himself, making the job a whole lot easier.

"Alright, here's what we're going to do. I will take you two to my safehouse. No extravagance, no death, got it? The less anyone knows who you two are, the better." Pausing, he turned his head to look at the drow captives, pondering their fate. "Also, tie these wretches to the highest branches from their ankles. The blood rush to their heads will either kill them or affect their thought process."

Before he began to walk the long way home, he looked behind him. "Also, you ladies may call me Kyre."

Tsukiko smiled happily and blushed a bit when she felt her twin kiss her hand, Hikaru really did mean the world to her and she would be damned if she let anything harm her. It warmed her heart to see the smile that lit up her face "Well we can see if you'd like Hikaru?" she thought smiling softly. She knew that no matter what, as long as hikaru was next to her that she would be happy even if it meant being sealed for all eternity.

Her gaze trailed back to Kyre and she smiled "Don't get the wrong Idea, while our powers are at your command we can still do what we want. Which means I can very well protect her. No...your role is simple..." she said trailing off. "You are our guide, you are here to..how do I put this.." she said tapping her chin with her other hand. "What...would be the appropriate term sister?" she thought.

While she wasn't stupid by any accounts she knew Hikaru was much better at phrasing things delicately.

"While you do "own" us for lack of a better word you are our I guess our servant. Pretty much in exchange for doing what we ask and need you have access to us; something no other mortal can attain." she said nodding her head.

Though the moment the words left his mouth, Tsukiko narrowed her eyes at him "For five-hundred years we have sat sealed with no other interactions, seeing nothing but a bleak dead world...and you think that after all that we are going to hide...again." she said staring at him. Her gaze was a mixture of a glare and an incredulous stare."While it may have been five-hundred years since our last time in this world don't think that everyone has forgotten us. I'm sure that word of our release will reach the far reaches of this world. We arnt the only beings who time does not affect." she said watching him.

While she didn't take kindly to the way he was thinking she did have to admire the way he planned on killing the remaining five off.

Looking to her sister she smiled and kissed the side of her mouth "I'll do it away from you...so you don't have to hear nor see...." she thought unwrapping her fingers from her sisters. " While I'm away...look into the cave, when I return I'll cover your eyes from all that is ugly." she thought turning her sister around to face away from the limbs and scattered body parts.

Walking away from her sister she felt a darkness grow within her with every step she took away from Hikaru, at the same time she felt a growing emptiness as well. Waving her finger into the direction of the men she motioned they should follow "Come Kusuburu..." she said. She took them deep into the woods a wicked grin playing across her lips, pointing to a vine then to the remaining men she smiled as it began moving and slithered towards them. It bound them together and gagged them, pointing her finger to the bound men she moved her finger up the tree as they squirmed and tried to yell, but no one could hear them. The vine drug them up the side of a tree and over a branch winding its way around until his orders had been followed to the T and they were hanging upside down.

Waving her fingers at them she giggled and skipped off back to Hikaru and Kyre.

It didn't take her long to make her way back and she rushed back to her sister and hugged her from behind "I return Hikaru!" she said with a smile, the darkness and emptiness within her gone like the shadows of night when the sun rises. "Would you like me to carry you on my back Hikaru?" she thought still hugging her sister.

Blinking she looked at him "Fine then, Kyre it is. However me and Hikaru wish to go somewhere else." she said simply still holding her sister.

I don't think that was the right word...but I can think of no better one. Hearing the word 'own' left a sour taste in Hikaru's mouth, which only worsened when she heard Kyre's plan of putting them in a safe house.

Tsukiko, I don't wish to be trapped again. We only just got free! Though she had been calm and patient enough trapped on that plane the thought of going back to that nothingness after breathing fresh air and standing on solid ground again for the first time in five hundred years was horrifying and put her on the very edge of panic.

She wanted to live again, see the world once more. She wasn't going to be locked up again in some tiny safe house. Of course, she above anyone, saw the importance of it. She knew he was only trying to help them, but she also thought he didn't understand, just how powerful the two sisters were. Together they could level entire kingdoms! Though Hikaru would never let that happen. All she wanted was freedom. She would be perfectly happy with the clothes on her back and Tsukiko at her side. They could sleep under the stars, and wander through the daylight hours.

Thankfully she knew her sister would feel the same, and already she was lecturing the elf. A small smile played around the corners of her lips. But her eyes were hard as they lit on their 'savior.' Making it clear she felt the same as her twin.

At least on the matter of hiding. The death of the remaining five, however, was a different matter, she absolutely detested it. The thought made her shiver and she was glad of Tsukiko's gentle hands leading her towards the cave mouth, and her promise of taking them where Hikaru could neither see nor hear. Thank you dear one. It hurts...to hear them...to see death and be able to do nothing to stop it. Standing in the mouth of the cave she waited patiently for her sisters return, while she pondered their new master.

“Tell me...Why were they trying to kill you?” She asked curiously, glancing at him out of the corner of her eye. She wanted to know just who they were indebted to. Just what kind of man was commanding them. Some of it she knew had to do with her sisters absence. Already she felt the urge to purge sin.

Before he could answer her twin was wrapping her arms lovingly around Hikaru. “I'm glad...I never feel whole without you.”

No. I wish to walk. Its been so long. I want to feel the ground beneath me. Turning in her embrace she hugged her sister, her forehead resting against the others. But I thank you for the offer. Placing a kiss on each cheek she untangled herself from her sisters arms and moved to one side, linking her arm in one of her sisters. We shall not be separated. She said with a light laugh and sparkling eyes.

About to answer, Kyre paused to watch Hikaru pepper her sister with adoring kisses. The earlier times, he hadn't noticed it, but something about the softness those kisses seemed to have implied something more greater than sisterly "love". Wiping the thoughts from his mind, he went ahead and began answering questions, crossing his arms.

"To be honest, I don't intend to hide you or keep you prisoner or anything of ill intent that you may think I'm doing. As a matter of fact, the reason why those men were trying to kill was because their leader does those very things, all for money and women. He slaughters anyone who so much as blink at him. I tried to end his reign; he has a very, very, very high price on his head. Obviously, I failed and Dessius has been hunting me down ever since."

Realising that he could not bargin with Tsukiko being able to kill him in an instant, Kyre released a sigh. "Alright, since you two would like to go somewhere else other than the safest place away from the countless thugs Dessius has... where do you propose we travel to?"

Tsukiko smiled and blushed when she felt her sisters lips brush against each cheek her arm sliding into hers. "Yes...we will always be together. I just wanted to know...in case you didn't want to walk through the bloody carnage.." she thought staring at her sister lovingly.

Tsukiko turned her gaze back to Kyre not to thrilled that he caused her sister to panic. He was staring at them with a rather impertinent look and she didn't much care for it.

Tilting her head slightly she stared at Kyre "Dark souls walk this earth, we know this better than anyone else. We've no intention of running away from that fact nor do we intend to back down from it either." she said bluntly. He seemed to want to argue with her but thought better of it and just asked where they wanted to go.

Smirking she looked at him "You shouldn't be so upset...how would you feel after sitting in an empty plane for five hundred years only to be told when you get out that you are to be taken to some safe-house?" she asked him. She knew he wouldn't entirely understand since one could never understand the loneliness of sitting in a void unless they actually experienced it.

Looking back to him him she smiled "Oh...and please do watch what you say as I become rather temperamental and aggressive towards anything that even dares upset my dearest Hikaru. If anything other than a smile passes over her face I won't think twice about getting rid of whatever caused her to lose that beautiful smile." she said on a deceptively sweet voice.

Turning she nuzzled her twins cheek and smiled a very soft gentle smile, not an expression that usually crosses her face. Though one would always know what it would look like simply by watching Hikaru smile.

Two people identical in every single way, no matter the angle you look at them from there is not a difference even in the style of clothes they wore, nor the shade or style of their hair. No difference in skin tones or eye color, they were exact replica's of each other. Only different in personalities and the gems that sat on their foreheads.

With a small giggle she glanced at her sister " Well do you want to go and see the world? It seems over the past five hundred years new creatures have evolved." she thought to her sister with a quick glance at Kyre. Deciding it better to discuss it else where she turned and started walking off to the side away from the bloody mess, pulling her sister along so she wouldn't have to see. "Just follow us, we shouldn't discuss such happy things in such a dismal place." she said looking at him over her shoulder.

Hikaru had to hide a small laugh behind her hand. It was endearing the way Tsukiko protected her. She was grateful for it though. If nothing else it brought a smile to her face to hear her lecturing someone about it. Hikaru of course was more then capable of protecting herself, she was every bit as powerful as Tsukiko, and every bit as deadly. But with each death she caused a portion of her healing power would also diminish. It was the price one paid for the gift of healing. Lesser healers might lose it all together.

Now, now Tsukiko, he did set us free. And his intentions were pure. She giggled a little.

Lifting a hand to stroke her sisters hair as she was nuzzled, she gave Kyre a sympathetic look. “Unfortunately, what she says is not false. I've seen her dispatch many a man and woman that made me frown.”

It wasn't something Hikaru approved of, but it was endearing, that her sister cared so much. And she chose to look at it that way rather then see only the death of a living being. She had long ago accepted her sisters way of life. They were ying and yang, light and dark. Without darkness there could be no light and vice versa.

Yes. She sighed happily. I would very much like to see what has become of the world since our exile from it. Do you suppose there are any rivers or lakes near by? Hikaru asked eargerly.

She had always had an affinity for water. Out of all the elements it was the easiest for her to use. It called to her and she to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom