Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Song From Entropy (Lestat & DaShou)

Wendell whimpered slightly at the mention of food and went to pull back. “I’m… not hungry….” He whispered shakily and frowned. “I don’t feel g-good…” he added, unsure of what to say.

"I know...but if you don't eat, you'll only get worse." He said in a sad voice. "I'll make you some warm soup, OK. You only need to take a few bites." He wasn't going to let him get worse. Adam had grown fond of these two in the short time that he's known them, and he wanted them to be well.

Adam lead him to the kitchen and put some soup on the stove. While he waited for it to heat up, he took a seat and looked at Wendell, his deep green eyes kind and gentle. "Would..you like to talk about it..? I know it's hard, but it might help."

Adam didn't want to bring it up because it was Wendell who was going through the hard time, but Adam did know a lot about rape, personally. it was mostly the reason he was never truly intimate with his wife, he didn't have kids, and she left him for a Hawaiian that wasn't afraid to be naked with another person....

Wendell continued to sulk as he sat down at the table, his head on the table. He didn’t say anything to Adam until he asked if he wanted to talk about it. Wendell turned his head to face him with a face like a child who just got told he couldn’t do something. “No…” He replied coldly, looking away again. He rubbed his back a little from the pain he still had when the man pushed him against the wall.

Adam sighed. Maybe he did have to tell him in order to get him to open up.

"Wendell...I don't know if it will help you to know this, but...I do understand what you are going through. When I was younger," He took in a deep breath. "I was molested and raped by my step father..." He got up and stirred the soup while he talked. "I lived with him until I was fifteen, and it was rare that he ever left me alone.."

Wendell just gave him the strangest look ever—a mix of dumbstruck and pain. He shrunk back into his seat more, sulking at the thought of parents. Good or not, he didn’t even remember his. He felt awful for that. He felt awful he couldn’t tell stories to Catarina about them like she could.

Adam scooped some of the soup into a bowl and grabbed a spoon, then sat down, handing the bowl to Wendell. "You don't have to feel bad; it wasn't your fault." He had hoped that he didn't offend him, he really was just trying to help. But he knew that he couldn't pry, he just had to be patient and hope that Wendell would come to him when he was ready. "Just...know that I'm here for you whenever you want to talk. I'll always be here." He said with a soft, sad smile.

Wendell looked at the soup, grabbing the spoon and poking at it slightly. He really didn’t feel hungry… In fact, his stomach felt more like it was being ripped apart. He shuddered a little as a wave of nausea hit him. He looks away and let of the spoon, his hands retreating to his stomach.

Adam sighed as he watched him, not knowing what else he could do to help. "Wendell, don't be afraid to tell me if you need something. I really just want to help you." He was getting a little agitated with how far it seemed Wendell was pushing him. But he could understand, since they didn't even know each other that well.

Wendell glared to himself and was quiet for a long while before looking back at Adam shyly. “If I tell you something…. Will you promise not to tell Cat….?” He asked, his voice slightly shaky.

Adam was surprised, but intrigued. His brow furrowed in curiosity and he nodded. "Yes, of course. You have my word."

Wendell opened his mouth to replied but stuttered so much he stopped and flushed in embarrassment. He tried to think of how to put it because to him, it was disgusting. “W-well… nn…” He had troubles trying to get it out, so immediately, Wendell hid his face from Adam so he couldn’t see his reaction when, “I have been vomiting a lot and bleeding wh….when… I ...well...…go to the bathroom...…” His face was red in frustration and embarrassment but he has hid it for a while.

Wendell looked at him with that stupid face on. Like he’d remember something like that. All Wendell could do to that question was sulk and shrug.

Adam stood up, thinking about what he should do. "Well, that's bad, obviously. I think...well we should probably go to the hospital, Wendell." He said, going to the front room and getting his coat. "We can get some help for you and your sister."

Wendell eyes brightened up at the mention of bringing Cat to a hospital. “They could help her…” he said, more to himself in excitement.

Adam nodded. "I'll go get her." He left and returned shortly with Cat, still sleeping, in his arms. Normally he would let Wendell take her, but he was afraid that he would be too weak to carry her. He nodded to Wendell before going out the door and putting her in the backseat.

Wendell went in the backseat as well to watch over Catarina. However, once the car started to roll, he started to feel nauseated and moved away from her. Just to make himself feel better though, he held her hand gently in her sleep.

Adam drove swiftly to the hospital, managing to get there without being pulled over. He opened the door for Wendell and helped him out, then softly woke Cat up.

Cat rubbed her eyes sleepily and looked around. "W-where are we?" She asked, confused.
"Don't worry, hon. We're at a hospital."

Wendell just trailed behind, trying to pretend he didn’t hurt for Catarina. He smiled weakly and waved a little at Catarina. “We are getting a doctor to make you better, okay?”

Cat smiled tiredly and hugged Wendell, glad to see that he was OK. "I was so worried about you!" She cried out on their way to the doctor's office.

Wendell smiled and hugged her back. “I’m sorry I made you worry about me…” He said, feeling guilty for hiding what was wrong with him. Once in the hospital, he looked around at the few people who were waiting around to get checked. That’s when he realized something, “We don’t have health insurance… I think...” he said, frowning a little.

Adam shook his head. "Don't worry about it. We'll figure it out..but for a check up it shouldn't be a problem."

Cat was slilent, hanging on to her brother partly out of fear. She didn't know what was going to happen. She didn't think she'd been to a hospital before, or at least didn't remember ever having been in one. She wondered what they were going to do to her..

Wendell looked down at Cat as she hung onto his arm. He frowned a little and walked over to a chair to sit with her. He was just as scared as she was. He didn't want to know what was wrong with him just as much as he wanted to be healthy. He sighed and slouched in the chair a little, watching people one by one get sent into the rooms with the doctors.

Back
Top Bottom