Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Song From Entropy (Lestat & DaShou)

Wendell jumped a little when the food was pushed towards him. He slowly raised his head off of the table and looked down at it for a second or two, observing it. What the heck was it? He grabbed a fork and poked at it, tearing off a piece and taking a bite. “……” Wendell shuddered and looked over to Adam, ignoring the food now. “I feel okay. Still tired though…” he said, yawning in the middle of the sentence.

Adam frowned, never knowing anybody to not like french toast. ''Would you like some cereal instead?" He asked, getting off his stool.
Catarina looked worriedly at her brother, placing her hand over his. "Did you not sleep well, Wendell?"

Wendell shrugged. “I’m just tired, that’s all… I’m not really hungry at the moment,” he said in response to Adam’s offer. He looked at Catarina’s hand and smirked a bit. “No need to worry about me,” he said in the most reassuring voice he could at the moment.

Catarina laid her head down on the table, looking back and forth to Adam and Wendell.
Adam looked at Wendell with concern, but sat down. "So...what would you like to do today? We could go and get you some new clothes, or if you'd rather just stay and relax if you aren't feeling well..."

Wendell ruffled Catarina's hair playfully and then looked at Adam. "New clothes? No no no no no, I couldn't possibly... " Wendell said, his heart skipping a few beats in anxiety. He didn't want to get so much stuff from this man--- it was too overwhelming. He just was happy with the clothes he had... although he honestly would admit he would've wanted them washed if he were to put them back on again.

Catarina sprung up at the mention of new clothes, but calmed back down when her brother refused. He was tight; they shouldn't be accepting so much from such a generous man. But she couldn't help but feel a pang of selfishness as she wished that her brother hadn't been so keen to refuse.
Adam sipped at his coffee and looked back down at the article of the young girl who had only been famous for over a year now, and was already making sex scandals and a bad name for herself. "Well," Adam said distantly. "I hate to say, but image is important when is comes to publicity. And I don't mean to be rude...but if people are going to be looking at you with high expectations, we want to give them the right impression."

Wendell looked down with guilt. “Well, I guess it’s okay if they really want us to dress nicely…” he said quietly, frowning a little. He wished he could pay for it instead of Adam paying for everything. Sure he was rich, but money doesn’t last forever… does it? “Catarina is probably going to freak out for new clothes…” he teased, trying to lighten up his mood.

Catarina grinned widely, her eyes gleaming with delight. "Really! You mean it! New clothes! How delightful!" Catarina exclaimed, standing up on her stool and leaning over the counter as she yelled with disbelief to Adam. "Really, really?"
Adam laughed at her excitement, glad to see her so lively. "Of course. My cleaning lady washed your clothes this morning, so if you'd mind getting dressed, we can leave whenever you are ready."
Catarina squealed. "This really is a fairy tale!"

“Well then get dressed Princess so you can shop,” he said, laughing a little at her excitement as well. He slowly got off of the stool, wincing a little in pain from his back. It never hurt so much in his life. Maybe he washed it too roughly? Wendell sighed went to go get his clothes.

Catarina slowly climbed down from the stool before quickly walking to the guest room to find her clothes. She took off the robe and was dressed in a mater of seconds. She had never been this excited in her life, and she was starting to feel a little light headed. She leaned against the door frame for a moment before meeting Adam in the front room again.

Wendell got dressed as well, paying no real mind to Catarina and her excitement. When he held his shirt he debated putting it on. However, he knew society was against shirtless men walking in clothing departments… unless it probably was a strip club. So he put his shirt on and walked out to meet with Catarina and Adam. He was a little more awake now but honestly wasn’t really looking forward to doing the shopping. He was a boy, he never found that interesting. That and his back hurt whenever he moved.

Adam greeted Wendell with a warm smile, pushing his bangs back out of his green eyes. "Alright then, everybody is here and accounted for. Shall we go then?" He asked, opening the door for them. "We'll take my car." He said while grabbing his keys off the wall.
Catarina couldn't remember the last time she rode in a car. She rushed out the door and to the driveway. Adam looked at Wendell before letting him out. "Are you sure you're up for this...? I really don't want you to exert yourself."

Wendell watched Catarina rush out. Then looked at Adam as he walked out after Cat. “Uhm, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry,” he said, smiling and going to stand by Catarina’s side. He wondered whether or not they were going to have specific styles picked out for them or what was going to happen once they did start to sell albums. It was all very nerve wrecking for Wendell because he was actually a very impatient person.

"Well, ok. But just tell me if ever you want to come back, ok?" He said while shutting the door behind them. Catarina crawled into the back seat of the car while Adam sat in the driver's seat. He waited until they were all in before backing out and driving to the nearest clothing store. "Go ahead and pick out what you like." He told them while getting out. "The prices here are really good, so don't worry about if it's too expensive or anything."

Catarina got out and stood by her brother, reaching up and taking his hand, suddenly feeling nervous about what she could and couldn't pick out.

Wendell was off in his own little world by the time they got to the shop. He got out and looked at the store before Catarina suddenly grabbed his hand, causing him to jump. He squeezed it lightly and leaned towards her, whispering in her ear, “Just don’t grab anything too… slutty,” he said, frowning a little. He didn’t want anything to do with those types of people and he certainly didn’t want the wrong people to go after Catarina. Just to help, he walked into the store with her and looked around. He wasn’t sure what he even liked himself. Catarina was a girl so there was no doubt in his mind that she’d find something. Maybe he could help her find something that might look good on him.

Adam watched them walk around the store, keeping them in his sights at all times, ready to defend them if somebody were to think they were there to shoplift or something of the sorts.
Catarina nodded at her brother's comment, and followed him silently around the store. She immediately fell in love with some dresses that she believed could belong to a princess. She loved the feeling of being in a fairy tale, and wanted very much to be like the princesses she remembered her mother telling her about; pure of heart and beautiful. She was suddenly stricken with heart break though as she recalled the pictures in the book; long hair the color of wheat, and rosy cheeks. She fondled her black shabby hair sadly, realizing that she couldn't wear such beautiful dresses with her looks. She kept quiet and passed the dresses without saying anything.

Wendell noticed this, having just silently followed Catarina the entire time. He wasn’t sure if he should say anything but since something was bugging her obviously he approached her carefully. “What’s wrong, Cat? Did you want one of those dresses?” He asked, looking back of the rack of dresses. "If you like something, you shouldn't be afraid to try it on..."

Catarina turned her head away from him, hiding the tears that had formed in her eyes while she had her realization. She shook her head quickly and pretended to be interested in a sweater. She knew putting on a dress would be nothing but a joke. She'd only be fooling herself. She reminded herself that just because a generous man was letting her and her brother stay at his nice house didn't make her anything special. She was still a peasant with no home and no parents....

Wendell backed up a little in shock at her reaction. He tried to think of what could’ve possibly been the problem but he couldn’t figure out why. She looked interested in those dresses when she saw them, what changed her mind? Was she afraid of buying it? Was she afraid of the way others would think? Or maybe what she would think of it? Wendell felt really stupid for not knowing and it made him feel worse that he wasn’t sure what to do about it. He assumed maybe she’d tell him later but for now, maybe it was best to leave her alone. With a small, sad sigh, Wendell turned away and went to the other side of the store where the mens clothing were.

After a while, when she was sure that Wendell had gone away, she wiped her eyes on the sweater she had been looking at and wondered away from the dresses. She ended up choosing some graphic T's and jeans, something she was sure normal girls would wear. She sighed at herself in the mirror as she tried them on. Even the simplest clothes seemed to be too good for her. She held her hat in her hands, patting down her hair and moving it around, trying to find a possible position that wouldn't look so horrible. Finally she sighed and tugged her hat over her head, hiding her mop head from sight. She left the dressing rooms with the clothes she picked out in her arms, then went to find her brother.

Wendell really wasn’t sure what matched and what didn’t. He ended up getting a pair of black cargo pants and some variety of tank tops. He even found a few hair ties he could use to keep his dreads out of his face. Other than that, he really wasn’t sure how to put clothes together. He just never was into fashion…obviously. He ended up wandering around in the store too far, getting himself lost.

Catarina wondered around the men's section, calling for her brother and looking frantically for him. She wandered around for a little bit before returning to Adam, a sniffling mess. "A-Adam! I can't find Wendell!"
Adam patted her head reassuringly. "It's OK, he must've just gotten lost or something.." He said, mentally slapping himself for not staying closer to them. He didn't want them to think that he was forcing them to be there by hovering around them. "We'll find him."
Catarina had been alone without her brother before, but never in a place where she'd never been before. Feeling frightened, she held Adam's hand as they walked.

Wendell wasn’t even aware that he had gotten himself lost until he decided he was done picking things out. He even found some things that Catarina might like. The moment he turned around to go find Catarina and Adam was when he realized---“Shit… where am I?” He asked himself, looking around. Curse him and his memory. He panicked a little himself, trying to decide which direction he had come from.

Adam calmed Catarina as they walked, although he was quite frazzled himself. He was still beating himself up over having lost Wendell, but he had to act like it was no big deal in order to keep Cat calm.

Ah, what a sad sight; a lost soul in the department store. He could tell this boy was lost by the way he looked around with that dumb look on his face. He had been in here looking for just that, and what luck he was having too. He spat out the toothpick he was chewing on and slowly approached the young boy. "Excuse me," He said casually. "Are you lost?"

Wendell was actually starting to go in tears because he was worried about how Cat and Adam would react to his disappearance. When he saw someone approaching him, he did his best to stay calm, looking away in fright. However, when he asked if he was lost, his eyes brightened up and he turned to face the man. “Y-yeah… Do you know where the entr…entrance is?” He stammered, flushing in embarrassment that he couldn’t even find his way out.

Back
Top Bottom