Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Song From Entropy (Lestat & DaShou)

Wendell smiled and propped Catarina up on his back, using one hand to hold her up. Carefully, he placed the small pizza in his mouth so he could grab the water bottle and plastic bag. He put the bottle in the bag and placed his hands through the loop so he could hold her up. Then he nibbled away at the pizza in his mouth as he listened to what Adam was offering. It all sounded so good---Wendell would die for some warmth. He went to follow Adam when Catarina made her last comment. He looked at Adam for a moment before trying to wiggle the rest of the pizza in his mouth. “…. We’ll become famous!” He said out of the blue and from in between chewing his food. “They will see us on television and know where we are…” He said, trying to give Catarina hope. He wasn’t sure whether it would’ve been good to tell her this in case his parents were dead…. But it would help Catarina believe in her dreams. Once he finished what he said, he went back to following Adam.

Adam gave Wendell a knowing look, knowing full well that the chances of their parent ever coming back were slim to none. But he respected him for keeping her hopes alive. Catarina smiled widely. "They'll be so proud of us!" She exclaimed, squeezing her brother tightly. Adam laughed softly, leading them to his home.

Adam lived in a nice, two story house with big windows and doors. He led them inside and flicked a switch that lit the fireplace. The house was neatly decorated, but not by Adam; he didn't have an eye for decor like he did for people. He beckoned for them to sit on the couch in front the fire. "Sit, I'll get you something to eat."

Wendell was shocked by the size of the house. He wasn’t sure if he lived in a two story house before the bridge—probably not. When he went inside, his eyes were wide in fascination. This place looked like a mansion. “Woooah!” He said in surprised, walking into the living room where the couch and fireplace were. Carefully, Wendell set Catarina down on the couch before looking at the fireplace. Did it just turn on by the switch?! He went back to the light switch and kept his eye on the fireplace as he turned it off and then back on really quick. His face lit up in amazement. “Wow! Amazing!” He said, looking around like a kid in a toy store. He walked back into the room, grinning widely at Catarina. This was their chance at a better life. He sat on the floor in from of Catarina, resting his head against her. “This place is so amazing… I wonder if our house was this nice…” he said quietly, rubbing his arms a little. He was glad to be out of the cold, but now that they were inside, Adam was probably able to smell just how long they were outside for. The two kept rather clean but how clean could someone who has been homeless really be? Of course, Wendell wasn’t aware of it himself since he was so used to it.

Catarina's blue eyes were wide and glimmering with awe. "Wow, mister! You must be a billionaire!" She said while she watched Wendell play with the fire place.
Adam chuckled as he made some sandwhiches, sadly one of his few specialties. "Well, no, I'm not. I do well, enough."
Catarina, feeling excited and full of energy from the whole experience, hugged her brother, giggling wildly. "I bet he has hot water, too!"
She was suddenly serene as Wendell's comment made her think of home. It was cozy, she could remember that much, but that was pretty much it.
"Oh, I'm sorry. If you guys want to take a shower or bath, you are free too.." He said, not trying to imply anything.

Wendell smiled and squeezed Catarina’s arms when she hugged him. He was so happy to see her like this…. It was like she was already beginning to feel better. He laughed a little at the hot water comment and gasped when Adam said they could take a shower if they wanted. “We couldn’t possibly… I mean… We have no other clothes… and this is your house…” He said, smiling shyly. “You’ve already done so much for us. I feel so bad if we just start invading your home.” Although, he must admit, he did really want to take a shower… it sounded so pleasant right now and Catarina probably really wanted to take one.

Adam shook his head, bringing in a plate of sandwhiches and setting them on the coffee table. "Really I don't mind. As for clothes...um...well I have some robes that you could wear. And really, don't worry about it. If you are going to be meeting up with the record company, you better be looking your best." He said with a small chuckle.
Catarina practically jumped up and down with excitement. "Oh Wendell, can we? Please?"

Wendell jumped a little when she saw Catarina pretty much jumping up and down like a child. He was scared she might collapse, however he couldn’t help laughing a little. “I guess so, since he says it’s alright,” he said, ruffling her hair a little. Returning his attention back to Adam he smiled. “Where is the bathroom?” He asked, looking at the sandwiches---his heart won over. He reached over and grabbed one. It looked so good and if it wasn’t for the fact that Wendell had manners, he would be drooling. Immediately Wendell started pigging into it—forget manners, he was starving to death. “Those were really good,” he said, kind of embarrassed he pretty much scarfed the whole sandwich there in a few big bites. He got and looked from Adam to Catarina, waiting for Adam to show them the way to the bathroom.

Adam smiled widely at Catarina, glad to see that she was feeling better. He waited until they had eaten, Catarina taking more time with her food than her older brother, before showing them to the bathroom. The tub was large enough to fit the both of them, if they chose to bathe together (he wasn't about to ask) and was adorned with different scented soaps and body butter. "Here it is. The towels are hanging up and the robes are here in the cabinet."
Catarina staggered into the bathroom, all the excitement wearing her out. "W-wow. Everything is so clean..!"

Wendell didn’t say anything when they arrived in the bathroom; he just looked around to see where everything was. Then he nodded and turned to Adam. “Thank you so much…” He said, giving him a small bow in respect. “I wish I could repay you in some way…” He said, going over and hugging him instead. Once he pulled away, he turned to Catarina. “You can take a bath first…. But I’ll be right outside if you need me… I just… don’t want you fainting or something in the tub, okay?” He said, smiling faintly.

Adam was a bit surprised when Wendell embraced him, and he frankly didn't exactly know how to react. He just smiled warmly and patted him on the back gently. "Please don't worry too much about it." He said, slightly embarrassed.
Catarina looked at her brother, a bit unsure. But she loved the idea of taking a warm bath, and was a bit ashamed of herself when she only nodded in response.

Wendell frowned at the simple nod; the excitement seemed to just vanish a bit there. “Something wrong, Catarina? Want me to stay here? I don’t mind…” he said, going over to her. “Don’t be afraid to speak up okay? I need to know when something is troubling you otherwise I can’t fix it…” He said quietly, placing her face in his hands.

Catarina looked up at him, a weak smile on her lips. "I'm just a little tired, is all. Please don't worry, Wendell." She tried to reassure him. "I will holler if something happens.."
"Um," Adam spoke up. "Let me help you run the bath water." He suggested a bit shyly as he stepped past them, not wanting to interrupt them. He ran the water lukewarm, then promptly stepped out of their way.

Wendell nodded. “Okay, but holler, I’ll be right outside…” he said, kissing his sister a small kiss on the forehead before leaving the room with Adam. He silently closed the door behind him, looking over to Adam. “I just can’t stop saying thanks to you…. You are like our angel sent from the heavens to save us,” he smiled happily, pushing his dreadlocks out of his face once more.

Adam blushed at the thought of this. He didn't really consider it from Wendell's point of view. Well, he liked that he had taken them in, of course, and was helping them. But he had, until now, had only thought about signing them up with the record company. He was a bit ashamed of himself. Adam looked away, embarrassed. "You really don't have to worry about it..." He said with a small chuckle.

Wendell smiled to see how flushed he was. At least he was able to flatter the man somewhat. He walked over to the wall next to the bathroom door and sat down next to the door. “So… how did you like my sister’s voice? I can’t remember whether or not it runs through the family… I just know that we both could sing… I didn’t want it to seem like I was the only one with a voice…” He sighed and hugged his knees up to his chest. “I want whatever is best for my sister at all costs… I would do anything for her if it meant keeping her alive…”

"Listen," Adam said softly. "I wouldn't want to split you up. Even if she couldn't sing. But I must say, I'm impressed. Both of you sound wonderful, even with her illness." Which reminded him of something. Adam didn't exactly know how to ask, he tried to be as gentle as possible. "Um...what...what is she sick with..exactly?"

Wendell looked up at Adam and glanced at the bathroom door. “I don’t know… I’m not a doctor. It seemed like it was just a cold… but then it got worse. She’s had trouble sleeping, she’s been coughing a lot…. She just started to go downhill. I blame it on me for not being able to get enough money to buy food for her. I wanted to take her to a doctor but I don’t even have any life insurance that I know of. I’ve been homeless a very long time and we just have been struggling to survive… She, of course, probably knows a bit more than I do. I have been having horrible times remembering things…” He rubbed his head slightly, his head throbbing from being outside in the cold for so long. He was about to say something but his nose started to bleed and he took off his shirt, using it as a rag to prevent his nose from dripping everywhere. “She’s in worst condition than I am, that’s all I know. I don’t want her to worry, so I never tell her if I am feeling sick or something is wrong because I’m afraid she’ll just get worse…”

Adam's eyes widened at the sight of the blood. Not knowing what to do, he knelt down next to Wendell, putting a hand on his back. "I understand. Please don't worry. I know I've been saying that a lot, but really. You two just need to relax and take it easy. You are both not well..and I'm going to make sure the two of you get better." He paused and took note of Wendell's calm reaction "Does this...happen often?"

“Thank you so much…” Wendell said, smiling awkwardly with his shirt bunched up under his nose. “This happens a lot. I don’t know, but it’s been really hurting---my nose that is…. And I have been getting really bad rashes everywhere…” He sighed, showing him his back which was covered in red marks. Not only that but you could clearly make out some of his bones in his body as he moved around.

Adam wasn't entirely surprised by this. Gently, he felt Wendell's sides. "Well....I think if we can just get some meat on your bones, things will get better. I think most of it is from undernourishment. But then again, I'm also no doctor..."

Wendell nodded in agreement only because the thought of being able to access food made him so eager to get in this contract. He removed the shirt underneath his nose after a while, seeing as it had stopped bleeding. He was about to put it back on but decided he probably shouldn’t with the giant blood stain that he had produced on there with his dry nose. He frowned a little and looked towards the door, gently knocking on it. “How are you doing in there? Still alive?” He asked, smirking a little. She was probably having a blast being able to clean up like most girls did. Wendell didn’t mind being filthy but not having had an actual bath in who knows how long didn’t sound like such a bad idea.

Catarina splashed and swam in the warm water more than actually washing herself. She loved the feel of its warmth surrounding her, and she didn't ever want to get out. But when she heard her brother call for her, she realized that she was being selfish. "I'm ok! I'm getting out now!" She called back to him. She crawled out of the dirty water and toweled off, her short brown hair a ball of fluff on top of her head.

Wendell looked at the door, smirking a little as he heard the splashing coming from behind it. He didn't mean for her to come out now but I guess he needed a bath just as bad. He waited till she was all done and in robe before entering the room, swapping places. Wendell looked at the tub, draining it and putting some new water in. Not as much as Catarina did---as he didn't want to waste water, but enough to take his own bath. Wendell quickly took off his pants and boxers and tossed them to the side, then he climbed into the warm water. Now he could tell why Catarina was splashing around. It felt so good... Wendell knew better however than to hog someones bath so he did was he was there for, wash up, rinse off, and get out.

Within about 20 mintues of scrubbing off the caked layer of dirt and blood, Wendell was finally clean and out of the tub. He dried off, noticing the giant mirror in the room. Wendell turned his back to the mirror and looked over his shoulder to look at his mysterious rash. Underneath the mass of dirt, it actually looked worse. It did burn and itch like hell though. He sighed and grabbed a robe, putting it on. Then he picked up his clothes, Catarina's clothes and the towels after draining the tub. He peered outside of the room. "Where should I put these?"

Adam sat with Catarina while Wendell was in the bathroom, listening with a smile to her stories. She was very animated, and moved her hands a lot when she talked about her parents, or what she remembered of them. She explained to him that they didn't remember much about their life with their parents, and didn't know why. She told him that she seemed to remember more than her brother, even though he was older. It wasn't long before she got tired again from all the excitement, and fell asleep on the couch. Adam smiled a little and scooped her up in his arms carefully as Wendell came out of the bathroom.

"Oh, you can just leave those on the floor. My cleaning lady can take care of them.." He said, a bit sheepishly. He then nodded to Catarina. "She fell asleep, I'll put her in the guest room. I don't know if you guys plan on sleeping together or not, I can pull out the hide-a-bed if not. But if you aren't tired, I'd like to go over some details of the contract with you.."

Wendell nodded and awkwardly placed the clothes on the floor like he was told. He smiled to see poor little Catarina finally getting her well deserved rest. "I'll just sleep in the same bed. For now, I'd love to hear the contract details..." He said, smiling and looking at Cat. "I'll carry her. Here," he said, taking Catarina from Adam. "I was hoping she didn't talk you to death, but it seemed she talked herself to sleep," he laughed a little and followed Adam to the room.

Back
Top Bottom