Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What it takes (Candira and Jugger)

"The sheriff isn't really a big deal around here," she said, following him to the streets in the hot sun. She took his hand simply because she could, but if he wanted, she'd let go. "He mostly settles civil disputes and various business laws." She frowned and steered them toward the office. "Still has plenty of fire power though. And he's not a bad marksman."

"Thats good to hear. If we can somehow convince him to aid us...we might be able to hold the town. If the sheriff rallies against them, the whole town should and protect each other while we go in the mansion and begin to take them out one by one."

She nodded and thought for a moment. "The only problem is that we're going to need something of a stronghold--or at least a base. We're too scattered right now. The question is where to do it. The jail won't work because it's too small, and a little too dangerous. My place isn't the best because it's not secure..." She began to name off places and wondered what place would be the best.

"Instead of one, perhaps there should be more than one that are in the same area pretty much. The jail should be the main base of operations as it should be the most fortified to keep out robbers and getaways. The gun store is our next priority. We need to secure it and make sure that they don't break in to steal the guns and use them against us...As for a third one...we should use a building with an accessable roof...maybe the town church, they could at least use a sniper in the gun store if they have one. I know for a fact the guys in the mansion don't have snipers so he should be fine. The others could hold the church's grounds...though the minister might be pissed that we're using a house of God as a base that involves us committing sins."

"I like that," she said softly. "My concern is that there are actually a decent amount of children still in this place. I want to make sure they're as safe as they can be because they are not only vulnerable themselves, but they make us vulnerable," she said, wondering which place would be the safest. "They need to be in the safest place with the least chance of being taken and some of the best gun fighters."

She frowned and looked around, imagining the things that could be done and the different ways to use the buildings. "Don't worry about the priest. I'll take care of him. We had the backing of the people last night, so we should see if we still have it. If we can get the sheriff, so much the better."

"The children should stay in the catacombs of the church. I know that every church this side of the U.S. has a sort of catacomb underneath to hold dead, important people...the children as well as maybe one or two armed men will wait down there. The church should be the most guarded, then the gun shop...and then the actual base of operations...That where we will be the most, and I know damn well we'll be able to hold it off by ourselves."

"Alright. I'll start getting people rounded up and ready," she said. "You can help make arrangements with the sheriff. If he gives you any shit, remind him of the tab he hasn't paid in ten years. That ought to get him off his ass."

"Er...if you say so." He said simply as he began to walk out to the sheriff's office. Looking at the place, he frowned as he could see that it was in bed shape. Probably because of the local gangers. Walking in, he looked around and wondered if the sheriff was around. "Sheriff! You in here!?" He wondered if it was the same one from when he was a kid.

As Marlowe rounded up the troops, Darian went for the sheriff. He was really more of a figure head than anything. The only real law was Caroline Marlowe and she had her hands full as it was. She wasted no time in reminding the man of this when she saw him. It made him spend buy more drinks. Unfortunately, that only mounted up the costs and he never paid his tab. She'd be the richest woman in the town if he paid off his debt to her. He'd get around to it... eventually. Much like he'd eventually get around to the gang problem.

The older man heard someone calling for him. He'd been younger when he took over the post. Now, he was getting old. Still spry, but not quite what he used to be. He came out, still the same sheriff as when Darian was a kid. "What's the problem, son?" he asked, looking at the odd stranger.

"Damn Sheriff Marston!" He said as he recoiled back as he saw the old man. "You're still alive old man!?" He was surprised to see the geezer kicking, even though he wasn't as old as he seemed to be, but he was probably in his fifties. "You probably don't even remember ole' Daring Darian do ya you old geezer? Haha! How long's it been old friend?"

Sheriff Marston was instantly confused at the familiarity with which this strange young man addressed him, and a little insulted by the insinuation that he was old as dirt. He was just getting ready to fire off a warning when the identity of the stranger was revealed. "Little Daring?" he asked, hands on his hips. "Well I'll be damned. Must have been at least 10 years. Never thought I'd see you again after what happened," he said, shaking his head.

It had really been a pity. But it was over and done with now. "Marlowe know you're in town?" he asked, tilting his hat back a bit. "Used to carry such a torch for you till then..." he muttered.

"Remind me to ask you what that means in a bit." He said in a small mutter before shaking his head. He looked to her with a small smile. "Course she knows. Hell, I rocked her world last night and the day before. Heh." He held his arm up as if boasting about it and the sleeve fell down, showing his metalic arm. "Anyway Sheriff...Things're good between us and hell we're practically lovers now, but now ain't the time to be talking about it. We need your support if we're going to take out the bastard gang lord in the old Auska Mansion."

He had to give Marlowe credit, she was way more forgiving than he'd thought. To forgive a man who'd killed her brother...well, that was definitely something that took heart. Then again, that girl had put up with him not paying his tab for ten years. She had a forgiving nature. But "practically lovers?" That was something he wanted to pursue a good deal more later on.

The metal arm was hardly surprising, but it had given him a little double take at first. He hadn't been called "Daring" for nothing. And now he'd talked Marlowe into taking on the gang lord. With a sigh, he sat down at his desk. "Look, now. I'm all for getting that scum out of here so I can actually do my job. But you gotta understand the people in this town aren't trained fighters. And they're scared. Marlowe can only do so much, and I'm sure it's the same for you. All of these people are prime targets to be used against us. And I suppose you know what happened to Marlowe's father."

"Thats why you need to rally up the people and give everyone a gun and just put up barricades around the town while me n Marlowe' head to the Auska Mansion and kick that son of a bitch outta there! Come on sheriff! You gotta rally your troops and all that! Don't cower away into the darkness and let MARLOWE do your job for you!" He turned and shook his head. "She said she'd pay your debt off if you did this for us, so your tab would be paid off entirely."

Darian had a point about everything. It was shameful to have Marlowe step up and do his job. Granted, she was much better at it than he was. Maybe he should be running the bar and she should be the sheriff. He sighed and stood up. "Alright, alright. I do owe Marlowe a great deal, especially after I failed her before...Alright. I'll help you out. We've got a lot of things to take care of. What are we thinking of doing here?"

"I already told ya guy. You rally your troops, give everyone a gun, and barricade a few stores." He smirked and leaned against the wall. "Get all the children in the Church cathedral and get a few guys in there to board up the place and hold off. Children's safety are our highest priority. Next, get some guys to hold out in the gun store. Oh, and get a sniper for a guy to go to the bell tower of the church as a look out, if you've got one in stock. Afterwards, You, me, and Marlowe'll plan things out in here."

Sheriff Marston started to get people together, threatening them with lock up if the didn't comply. It was actually very effective for the more stubborn people that Marlowe had had issues convincing earlier. She had all the children rounded up and with her at the church and the priest was apparently in on the whole thing. He had a nun that he worked with take the children to the cellar with some toys. She was going to watch over them and there would be several good volunteers looking after the children. Added to that, the nun wasn't a bad shot either.

Marlowe was the best sniper in town aside from the sheriff, but there were a few others that would be acceptable if they weren't available. Once most of the planning was finished, the rest of the people set up the boarding. And the gun store was more than happy to help out with the cause.

It took the better part of the afternoon to set up, but everything was finally done. "Whew. Alright. We need to get moving," Marlowe said, looking over to Darian. "Am I with you or not?"

Darian looked to her with a small frown and seemed to think it over. "Well..." He said before opening one eye. "Its your choice Marlowe. If you come, then I won't stop you, but if you stay and protect the townpeople, I'll also understand. Its entirely up to you Marlowe."

(Sorry for a short post. Getting to bed. Tired. Good night.)

She didn't like the idea of him going in alone, but she knew that the townspeople needed her too. It was a total cop out to make her choose, but she didn't really blame him for it. She was sure that Darian could handle himself, but she wanted to be there with him, backing him up. "You don't know how impossible it is for me to choose," she said with a frown.

After another moment's thought, she decided to go with Marlowe. She just couldn't let him go alone.

((Sleep well!))

(One more post.)

"Alright then, lets get going." He said with a smile as he patted her head. "Do me a favor...switch around and go through the forest and provide a distraction from outside. The boss still thinks I murdered you so he'll let me see him instantly. The moment the distraction goes off, I'll pull a fast one and kill him before I get the hell out of there. Without a leader, the rats will just scatter."

She had her guns loaded and ammo latched onto her belt this time, and the gun shop gave her a rifle with a scope. She was pleased. "Alright. I'll go alone. Be careful, Darian. And try not to actually kill the underlings. Just make sure they're down." They were the words of someone who was dedicated to justice deep down. The most important thing, though, was ensuring the safety of the town, and if that meant taking someone out, so be it. After all, she'd said try.

She kissed him before she left him and then headed out to take care of business. Marlowe headed off once they got closer to the mansion. She smiled at him and then did just as he asked, headed through the forest to get around and cause a distraction.

Nathan began to walk casually up the hill, nodding his head to greet the guards as he walked past them without intrusion. After some time, he walked into the boss's room which was pretty much just the bedroom of the owner of them mansion, Henry Auska. "So...you're the one behind all this huh?" He said with a smirk. "I took care of the job for ya...so where's my pay?" He noted the two guards next to the fat bastard in front of him, as well as the two guards near the door, and the other two outside the door. He was pretty well guarded, expecially since all the guards had Tommy Guns, weapons from the east. This guy was no pushover.

Marlowe took aim and fired at a barrel of gun powder. There was a noise and a hole that began to leak the powder, but not much else happened as a result. Then again, the woman hadn't been looking to make anything explode. But a little fire later on would be worth it. She scouted out the area a bit more and found a guy on a smoke break. She grinned and knew there would be lighters hanging around. With a grin, the blond worked her way around and then shot a lighter out of the hand of a man near the gunpowder. Nothing like a good fire to get the minions scrambling. And a fire there was.

Once there was a fire and then an explosion of a powder keg, everyone in the room held onto something as the ground shook beneath them, but Nathan took the advantage. Taking out his revolver, he aimed it square at the fat bastard in front of him before taking shot, firing three rounds into the torso of the fat bastard. Immediately he took out three guards in the room with the last three of his bullets before jumping for cover as the other one let out a burst of tommy gun fire. Nathan grabbed the weapon of one of the dead men's tommy guns and began to fire before he burst out the room, taking shots at the two behind him and he began to dash through the hallways of the mansion in an attempt to flee.

From her cover in the trees, Marlowe started to pick off potential threats to Darian. If she was going to snipe, then she'd do a damn good job. She shot one man in the leg and his hand effectively disabling him as he tried to stop the bleeding. She changed locations and started to shoot more in this way, watching them scurry and start blindly firing. Luckily she wasn't hit. Despite her lack of prior combat experience, she had hunted before and knew what she was doing.

The only problem was that she wasn't counting on anyone being in the woods with her. So when someone knocked her out, she hadn't even known what was hitting her. Tossed over the man's shoulder like a sack of rice, Caroline was exposed to the group and tossed down in her vulnerable state to the ground. The remaining men looked down on her until they heard gunfire from within the mansion. Then they ran for the doors only to be fired upon by an extra soul sent up by the sheriff. Unlike the men Marlowe had shot, these gentlemen would never be getting up again.

That just left the man who'd found her in the woods, the new guy, and an unconscious Marlowe.

Back
Top Bottom