Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What it takes (Candira and Jugger)

She blinked. The last time he'd called her by her first name was...well, when they were really little kids. It made his little perverted jokes seem like they'd never been said before. Obviously surprised to hear him call her that, she smiled again and reached for his hand. "You don't owe me anything, Darian. I appreciate you staying up with me though. It'll be nice to just have you here."

"Alright if you say so." He said with a smile. "Good night Marlowe." He said as he laid his head down on the bed. "Just in case I fall asleep, just telling ya that anyway. Now then...What should we talk about to keep you awake...?"

(should we just Time skip or did you have something in mind for them to do? Sorry for a short post. I'm sorry >_< )

((Nah, we can time skip. I didn't have much in mind except maybe playing cards or maybe finding out more about each other. But that's up to you. I'd be happy to just skip ahead.))

She chuckled and let him lay there. "Why not come sit up here with me? Maybe we can play cards while we talk? Tell me how you recognized me. I'm curious," she said, watching him with smiling eyes.

Darian smiled and shook his head. "Hm...nah...I think I'll keep that secret to myself...Now then...for cards..." The rest of the night, He and she played cards as they talked about miscellaneous things. When morning came, he was pretty much tired to the core, but he was still awake with her. "Lets...Lets get immediate sleep...s'soon as...soon as that doc guy...Ah...Too tired to remember what I was gonna s'say..."

She still wanted to know why he'd recognized her, but let it go. Caroline was more than happy to just enjoy his company. The nurses came and checked on them now and again, glad to see that things were going well. They came with ice water and little snacks--nothing heavy.

When morning came, Caroline laughed at what he tried to tell her. She was laughing a little too much at something that wasn't that funny. "Sorry," she said, bringing it down to a little chuckle. "I'm just really tired. And back to feeling light headed and heavy-lidded because of it. But when the doctor came in to check her out, he seemed to be satisfied enough.

"Alright, Marlowe, looks like you should be okay. Stay off your leg like we talked about, and you should be fine." With that, the doctor nodded and left them be. A nurse offered to roll in a cot for Darian to sleep in so that he could stay with Marlowe.

Marlowe wondered if he'd take it or just sleep in her bed with her.

"That won't be necessary. I'll be sleepin with Marlowe tonight." He said with a smile as he yawned and crawled beside her, his arm wrapping over her. "Lets just...fall asleep...so we can get some...sleep..." He murmured as he instantly fell asleep just then. His snoring was a little above average but it was at a slow pace, despite the sound. The next morning...he'd have to talk with Marlowe about their plans for traveling the west.

Extra curtains were added to the room so that it would be easier for the two of them to sleep and Marlowe gave up a few of her pillows so she could sleep more comfortably. She chuckled as Darian conked out. Poor guy--he'd carried her around, running at times, after the explosion yesterday. She closed her eyes and instantly slept, her body cuddling into his instinctively. She didn't wait up until the next morning, and then it was early and she felt recharged.

((Sure. And we can talk about how to wrap it up too, if you want. *nods*))

Back
Top Bottom