Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone up for a little smexy D&D? (3.5/PF) [Currently recruiting]

Which version of D&D are you most familiar with?

• 2nd Edition or older

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I haven't played any yet, but I'd like to learn.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Scion-of-Stars

Planetoid
[Anyone interested in playing should go here.]

I'm more interested in playing a character myself, but if it comes to it I suppose I'd be willing to DM temporarily (if we decided to pass the DMing role around). I'm not sure if anyone on here is actually into system games, but if three+ people besides myself are down, then I'm sure we can make it work.

Basically what I have in mind is: a group of adventurers exploring the world together, dueling with monsters and savages, trying to further their own goals, etc (the usual). But unlike a typical, linear game of D&D, the heroes/heroines will occasionally bite off more than they can chew and find themselves compromised (lewdly) by horny monsters, perverted wizards, clothing-melting traps, yada yada. Needless to say it would involve a lot of non-consensual aspects. (Anyone play Lightning Warrior Raidy?)

I would probably play a female character, and it would be nice to have a creative and sadistic DM. Anyway, just throwing it out there to see if there's interest. If you have any questions then ask away.

Three 18s and your LOWEST roll is a 16? And they're all even numbers, too. That isn't something that is a function of knowledge, that's just fudging numbers. I'm sorry, but please re-roll your stats on Invisible Castle and post a link to the results.

well may i say something about dice rollers. there is no chance its a computer program, and i will honestly say that this is meant to be a RP more than an adventure session. but there is one thing, I have looked at JavaScript of over 50 different rollers... none of them realistic. it uses a simple mathematical formula that determines teh simplest functions like odds of rolling a certain number. I'm sorry but i'm not an automaton, and i refuse use a machine to do a job that i can do by hand. i will reroll my stats, but i will not use invisible castle's stat roller, it is very unbalanced. i use a DMG standard rule of rolling 4d6 7 times, dropping my lowest die and teh lowest of the 7.

hand Roll (all dice)
6 4 5 1. 15
3 3 5 2. 11 dropped
6 5 5 2. 16
3 5 4 4. 13
3 1 5 4. 12
6 5 5 4. 16
6 6 5 6. 18
stats rolled
18, 16, 16, 15, 13, 12

stats assigned
STR 12
DEX 18 racial +2 20
CON 15
INT 16 racial -2 14
WIS 16
CHA 13 +1 lv 4 14

As i have said, I've been gaming years, i have over 1000 dice. i will not use a computer to roll something i own.

also you even said it is a helpful tool, i know it is a tool. it is a tool i refuse to use, but i will use the dice roller for all other needs. it is not meant to be a slap in the face... but i hate when people say i fudge numbers... there is your proof right there.

I wouldn't mind playing a Paladin, I would just prefer to play an elf of some kind. I think there's a variant that doesn't take a con penalty somewhere.

Also, I used the 40 point buy option which is why I have the 20 int for my wizard. Just making sure that's ok.

hey Lyra, yes there is an elf variant that doesn't take a con penalty it is teh same variant i am playing teh Wild Elf, +2 dex, -2 int replaces stat modifiers from the high elf, and favorite class is changed to sorcerer. it is in MM Pg 104

Benen Eachann said:
hey Lyra, yes there is an elf variant that doesn't take a con penalty it is teh same variant i am playing teh Wild Elf, +2 dex, -2 int replaces stat modifiers from the high elf, and favorite class is changed to sorcerer. it is in MM Pg 104
Thanks ^.^

Actually, for this game it's supposed to be 6 rolls of 5d6b3. But 7 rolls of 4d6b3 probably comes out to about the same statistical skew.

Now, onto actual review of the sheet:
First, you're gonna spend a feat on a greatbow? The upped damage die is not really worth the cost. The average damage would be even if you just got a longbow and put +1 composite on it. If you really want a higher base damage, why not just pick up a longbow and monkey grip, instead? That way, it's 2d6, which is a much more significant difference in the average.

Also, you should probably be working on the prereqs for manyshot/improved manyshot. You can pick up some flaws if you need the extra feats.

Also, I'd recommend taking a look at swift hunter and improved skirmish. Both can be extremely helpful for a scout.

Otherwise, it seems fine. Do you have a backstory/personality/description?

working on those. they should be posted by Sunday after noon. but i think i'm going to take the Secret voices, Ghost-warped, and Dark premonition flaws
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Secret_voices_%283.5e_Flaw%29
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ghost-Warped_%283.5e_Flaw%29
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Premonition_%283.5e_Flaw%29

for now. it actually works really interesting together.

Also, I used the 40 point buy option which is why I have the 20 int for my wizard. Just making sure that's ok.
How did it become 20? Racial modifier? Wild elf has -2 Int, so...

why not just pick up a longbow and monkey grip, instead?
Monkey Grip doesn't work with ranged weapons.

What about my earlier suggestion?

Anarchy_Kanya said:
How did it become 20? Racial modifier? Wild elf has -2 Int, so...

The Wizard is a lesser Drow and... I bought it?

The reduced LAs? Honestly, I just don't think it's that much of a problem. You can eat a point or two of LA. That's why I'm starting at 5th, not 1st.

on the subject of monkey grip... per the book it is for larger melee weapons, but there is also a passage in the DMG, what the DM says goes, so if Adm. Squish says i can use monkey grip in conjunction with a ranged weapon, then I can...He's the DM deal with it.

@ Admiral Squish
No prob.

@ Benen Eachann
Watch your tone, dude. I just corrected him in case that he read it wrong or something. If he's making a houserule in your favor then that's fine by me.

also you even said it is a helpful tool, i know it is a tool. it is a tool i refuse to use, but i will use the dice roller for all other needs. it is not meant to be a slap in the face... but i hate when people say i fudge numbers... there is your proof right there.
I too could write some random (but high) numbers and say "Here are my rolls". You have NO proof that those where actually rolled with a dice. all we have is your word, which for me personally wouldn't be enough.

Seriously. When I say that the DM is wrong on some rules thing, you go all "What the DM says goes! Deal with it", because it's in your favor. But when you have (astonishingly) high rolls without proof that they're real and the DM asks for rolling online, you go all "I refuse to use online dice!" Don't be ridiculous.

its more to the point of this picture/story that I'm referring to.

The bard had done it again, he pushed teh DM to far, and as his punishment Gary (the DM) just simple pulled out a picture and everyone just glared at teh bard.

we have a copy of that picture and are willing to show you the reason for the resurrection of the party..minus the bard
rocks-fall-accident-demotivational-poster-1196896903.jpg

in the gaming world we like to call this ultimate power, and being teh DM, you can make this happen.. teh world is yours to bend to your will. muhahahahaahaha.

Yeah, cool story bro.

@ The DM
This Benen guy is being a disruptive douche. I'm not going to play with such a person. Either you kick him or I'm not playing. You decide.

i'm not trying to be.. just saying its up to the dm.. and how may i ask am i in your view being a "Disruptive Douche"? i was just making a point with teh monkey grip, I am not trying to cause tension here.

Your earlier post was douche-y and you're refusing to do what the DM is asking you to do. I'd call that disruptive.
But okay. I retract my earlier statement.

I'd like to remind everyone that Monkey Grip gives a -2 on attack roles as well; it's generally not the best choice for a melee character, but I guess it might be a little better for a ranged one given that range has fewer ways to deal extra damage.

Gaming notes: Wealth by level fifth level... if full DM agrees including those with LA... wealth should be 9000 gp.
and as a starter a SAK,

Standard Adventures kit
Contains: Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Flint & Steel, Hooded Lantern with three pints of Oil, Trail Rations for seven days, Sack, and Waterskin
Cost 16gp, Free if DM says so
Weight 24lbs

chracter notes/ suggestions

Hoshimi: you look good, but as for some gear suggestions. the gloves of dex are nice but at 4000 there is some better gear you can get.
loose the gloves, and pick up:
+1 ring of protection 2000gp
+1 to your armor 1000gp
with 1000gp left over
your ac will actually increase by 1 10+5(armor)+5(Dex)+1(deflection)+2(Natural)+3(Wis) = 26, your current is 25

Rowen: Tieflings have a +1LA in 3.5, where they are a base race in 4th, and there is not a technical LA at, this is a 3.5 campaign.. so, you know work on it as a suggestion.
also a +1 keen rapier... if you lose it you'll have to get one with it again and thats another 8320 Which you cannot afford any ways with teh rest of your gear
and glamored chain shirt for 2950.... again ok.. beguilers are meant to a bit armored.

my suggestion +1 rapier, wait until you have a +8 BAB and then get imp crit, that way you don't have to have keen on a weapon you are going to use anyways. that alone saves you 2000 gp
pick up shiftweave five outfits, any five, and its only 500gp
remove glamored and make you chain shirt into a +1 mithral chain shirt its only 2100 gp

so total plus the potions, which if you would use them with your current armor would cause you to inure penalties, do to being over teh DEX limit of the armor. would come out to a total of 6120, you would have a better AC, and still hit the same. and you have almost 3000 gp left over

Lyra: changing her up or no?

Benen: none at this time

thank you Scion, i remembered it and calculated it into Benen. oh and if all would please look at my suggestions, i just went over every character, and found a few details that could help us out a bit more, plus a few issues... *Cough*Rowen*cough*.. that could use some adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom