Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone up for a little smexy D&D? (3.5/PF) [Currently recruiting]

Which version of D&D are you most familiar with?

• 2nd Edition or older

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I haven't played any yet, but I'd like to learn.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Scion-of-Stars

Planetoid
[Anyone interested in playing should go here.]

I'm more interested in playing a character myself, but if it comes to it I suppose I'd be willing to DM temporarily (if we decided to pass the DMing role around). I'm not sure if anyone on here is actually into system games, but if three+ people besides myself are down, then I'm sure we can make it work.

Basically what I have in mind is: a group of adventurers exploring the world together, dueling with monsters and savages, trying to further their own goals, etc (the usual). But unlike a typical, linear game of D&D, the heroes/heroines will occasionally bite off more than they can chew and find themselves compromised (lewdly) by horny monsters, perverted wizards, clothing-melting traps, yada yada. Needless to say it would involve a lot of non-consensual aspects. (Anyone play Lightning Warrior Raidy?)

I would probably play a female character, and it would be nice to have a creative and sadistic DM. Anyway, just throwing it out there to see if there's interest. If you have any questions then ask away.

RE: Anyone up for a little smexy D&D? (3.5/PF)

Nope, I would totally rather play a wizard. Its just that I care more about party viability than class preference.

Hoshimi

965569ed2d2b05003ecf184e2e5456a4.jpg

(She doesn't have wings.)

Background: Hoshimi is the bastard daughter of a wealthy baron's wife and a powerful, errant vampire who ravished her while her husband was away at sea. Despite the immense grief this caused, and the death of her mother shortly after giving birth to her, Hoshimi was, to the surprise of many, warmly embraced as his own daughter by the vain and greedy baron, who saw power and potential offered by her dark parentage. She grew up in the huge coastal mansion of her seafaring father, and became accustomed to being waited upon by servants and given whatever she desired, but when she was about nine she surprised her father by asking him to teach her swordsmanship.

Certain that this strange phase of tom-boyishness would pass, he obliged her, hiring the greatest fencing master he could find to teach her while he was away with business, as he often was. It was this teacher who saved her from ignorance and a life as a pawn for her father's political games. A mysterious man, he taught her not only swordsmanship but exotic magics, and moreover he tried to instill in her wisdom, compassion, and knowledge of the world beyond the baron's lands. She learned quickly, and when she was fifteen and the sword-master had departed, fled the only home she'd ever known in search of adventure and knowledge.

Having joined a large caravan of strange performers, she journeyed to distant lands and, quickly learning the value of money, has earned not only wealth but relatively widespread fame for her acrobatic performances- impressive demonstrations of leaps, flips, balance, flexibility, and sometimes, artistic swordplay. Only recently has it occurred to her, however, that her growing fame puts her at greater risk of being discovered by her vengeful father, and considered moving elsewhere or trying to find a more humble and inconspicuous form of work.

Personality/Description: Hoshimi has the curiosity and adventurous spirit of a child, but also wisdom well beyond her short years. She is generally calm, kind, honest, and very humble. While not purposefully manipulative, she also has a natural charm and coy charisma which has helped to allow her a relatively easy life even outside the pampered mansion where she grew up.

Hoshimi is very petite, standing not quite five feet, with a lean and lithe physique; toned, supple, and lightly muscled- deceptively strong. Her curves are subtle and girlish and her bosom is small, almost flat. Her skin is smooth and pale; as white as a cloud, and the wavy, shoulder-length hair which frames her child-like face is sky blue. Her ears, while not particularly long like an Elf's or Goblin's, are sharply pointed, and her large eyes are crimson, something she tries very hard to hide from people, at the suggestion of her instructor.

Despite her boyish and martial dispositions, Hoshimi is fond of feminine clothing, and is often seen wearing silken blouses, skirts, and dresses. While performing, and often as an undergarment in place of panties and similar items, she wears a somewhat peculiar and expensive garment purchased from an elven merchant- a leotard of stretchy, silken cloth enlaced with mithril scales so fine as to be virtually invisible to a casual glance. Despite its weight (quite a bit more than ordinary cloth), it clings to her form perfectly, leaving her movements unhindered. The metal itself is stained dark blue from exotic oils, making it particularly easy for an observer to mistake it for a simple costume garment, rather than the protective item it is. She is also fond of a pair of soft, fingerless leather gloves which are enchanted to augment their wearer's reflexes, and wears a slender anklet of pink gold adorned with small sapphires.

Character Sheet (edited, probably complete)

Please point out anything strange.

Umm, just realized I made a big blunder- Dervish Dance requires Weapon Finesse, so that'll have to be one of my feats. Unfortunately, Weapon Finesse requires BAB +1... how do you feel about using the Pathfinder version of Weapon Finesse (doesn't have the BAB requirement)? :angel:

You could grab a flaw. Take finesse at 3rd , then a flaw, and top it off with Dervish Dance. The end result has you end up with another feat total. (I would suggest taking a look at Shadow Blade from ToB. Would require a little re-tuning of the rest of the character, but a strong option for one with a Dex like yours. If you work it properly, the build actually comes out superior to dervish dance, since you're adding dex to str, intead of using dex instead of str.). But yes, I'll allow you to take finesse at 1st if you want.

The background seems good. Gives me some loose ends to work with, gives me a good grasp of the character, and generally seems like a pretty good background for an adventurer.

Overall, the character looks quite solid. I'm a tad surprised to see more focus on desert wind than shadow hand. Purely a thematic thing, though, not my call. You know, vampire heritage and all that. Anyways, crunchwise, it seems solid. There are a few things, though. A Mithral chain shirt has a max dex of +6 and would provide you with +4 ac instead of +1. If you want, it can even be re-flavored into some sort of reinforced leotard. It's only about 100 GP more expensive. Also, I'd suggest picking up Shadow Jaunt quick-like. Anklets are nice, but having them be only two uses a day is quite limiting. Shadow jaunt may take more of an action, but it's much better for utility.

Admiral Squish said:
You could grab a flaw. Take finesse at 3rd , then a flaw, and top it off with Dervish Dance. The end result has you end up with another feat total. (I would suggest taking a look at Shadow Blade from ToB. Would require a little re-tuning of the rest of the character, but a strong option for one with a Dex like yours. If you work it properly, the build actually comes out superior to dervish dance, since you're adding dex to str, intead of using dex instead of str.). But yes, I'll allow you to take finesse at 1st if you want.

Well, if it's all the same I think I'd rather just take finesse at first; I can't really think of a flaw that would be appropriate, particularly considering that it would have been gained later in life (by the time she was a 3rd level Swordsage). Shadow Blade is nice, but the problem with that is that it only works for Shadow Hand weapons, and only while in an SH stance; Hoshimi is basically a sabre-wielding duelist type, which Dervish Dance is perfect for (requiring you to wield your sword in one hand). The same idea is why I took Desert Wind as her discipline focus (according to the Arms and Equipment Guide, a sabre is statistically a scimitar). I'm actually planning to move her in a SH direction as she levels, and Shadow Jaunt is definitely next on the list, but I really wanted Flashing Sun first.

Not wearing armor was a purely aesthetic decision, but I kind've like the idea of some sort of armored leotard as a mechanically better alternative; maybe some sort of extremely fine mithril mail/scales sewn over normal cloth, something comfortable and inconspicuous that she could perform in and wear under clothing.

I'll do a little editing soon.

Are you playing a specific campaign setting or are you making your own? I am just trying to figure out where Aiden grew up at.

I'll be building my own for this adventure. Go ahead and make up whatever kind of hometown you want, I'll work it into the final version.

I have a problem now. I started writing a little backstory for my character and got a little carried away. It got to about 3 pages long -.-

Aiden grew up in the slums of life. Never knowing who his parents were, or where he truly came from. He was raised by the beggars and the less respectable citizens of the town. His learned to talk from bards and town criers and although he seemed slightly slower than most, he soon surpassed many in his vocabulary. When he was 13 years old, he was walking the streets listening to the local gossip when he overheard something he was sure he wasn’t supposed to hear. There was some large attack that was planned on the local thieves’ guild by the local magistrate. He didn’t know why he felt the urge to tell someone, but he did. He knew where the guild hid and knew that he would be able to get there before the soldiers did. Once there he told did as he normally did. He begged, hoping for money until the leader came out. He was always the one to deal with the “demon-brat”. After Aiden had taken a few blows for his begging, he looked up at the man, coughing blood with a smile.

“Would you feed me for information?” He said and at that moment he had what he needed. He told the leader what he had heard and what was going down. As it turned out to be true, the leader decided instead of feeding the pitiful boy, he would take him in and raise him. That was the start of his secret broker life. It started with small secrets, affairs of the nobles, movements of various people and guilds. Soon, Aiden had learned how to not only make his way in life, but defend himself. He then met his tutor, a Halfling bard by the name of Jethro. The stories he had were vast and it seemed there was always more to the tale. He fascinated Aiden with simple parlor tricks and various spells. It was him who taught Aiden how to tap into his natural arcane abilities. Soon the two of them were a double threat. It was when Aiden learned too much about the guild that his life changed for the best.

One night when Jethro and Aiden were working the local pub, a dark man came in and sat near them. Jethro told Aiden to be careful with that one, but he assumed that he would have been safe. He recognized the man as a fellow guild member. As the night went to the closing time, it was soon only the three of them. The bartender had gone upstairs for some reason. As Aiden was ready to talk to the dark figure, he flipped his wrist and Aiden felt the cold steel in his stomach. Jethro came to his rescue, beating the man senseless before tending to Aiden. The wound was almost fatal; there would definitely be a scar. He was taken to the local church and healed fully. Jethro stayed by his side the entire time as Aiden tossed and turned in painful hallucinations. When he finally recovered enough, Jethro explained what had happened. Angry, hurt and confused, Aiden set out to get revenge on the guild. There was little he could do but ruin their plans. Jethro kept asking him to leave with him, find a new place and a new start. Aiden couldn’t just leave, not the only place that felt like home to him.

By this time, everyone knew where to go when they needed something. The other guilds to the nobles would ask for information, for times and places to do their business. Jethro and Aiden soon were no longer hurting for funds. The last time Aiden saw Jethro was a storm blasted night. It was as ominous as some of the tales Jethro would tell. They were leaving the tavern after a long night of story-telling and flirting. Normally Jethro refused to drink at the bar, paranoid that the booze was never as good as his own. But this night was special. A dancer had come in to entertain the locals and took a liking to Jethro. He bought the entire tavern enough drinks to drown a dwarf. As the three of them made it into the middle of the street, the woman asked if he had any source of light, as she was afraid of the dark. As soon as Jethro pulled out his sunrod, it glistened against something fast. A dagger had been flung from the darkness. It landed expertly in his throat as he fell and started to cough and choke on his own blood. Aiden fell to his knees, no longer caring if the woman was the cause or not. He wanted to make sure his friend was fine. However, he was not as luck as Aiden was. Jethro smiled as he looked up at Aiden, his eyes slowly glazing over. “Well demon-brat, I told you we should have gone somewhere else.” He laughed through the pain and blood. He pulled a small ring off of his finger and placed it in Aiden’s hand. “Here, it’s my good luck charm. I know it won’t fit, but keep it safe for when you come and join me.” He said as the life left his body in a bloody pool at Aiden’s feet.

That was the last straw for Aiden, he decided he could no longer sit back and let the thieves guild do this to him. He had a few guards that were in his pocket, so he decided that now was the time to call in a favor. With a small group of them, he stormed the guild’s hideout. After all he had learned from this place, all of the secrets and all of the tricks, he was easily able to guide the gaurds through all of the tricks and traps. Soon he was face to face with the man who adopted him. They fought, much like when he would teach Aiden how to fight. But after the years, Aiden had learned a few things from other places. It wasn’t long before he had the upper hand. Sword positioned at his throat, an evil smile on his face.

“Will you spare me for information?” the man asked as he was back in a corner. “As soon as you have killed me the guards out there will take you into custody and you will rot in jail alone, just like before you came to me.” He said with a pained laugh. Aiden’s hands were shaking as the tip of his rapier pressed against his skin. Aiden knew that regardless how this ended, he would have to leave. He was planning on doing that, something Jethro would have wanted. Aiden sighed and looked deeply into the man he called father’s eyes.

“Make sure you say hi to Jethro for me.” He said as he pushed forward and plunged the blade into his throat. He held it there, feeling the life seep out like Jethro’s did. With a sense of accomplishment and a sense of agony Aiden pulled his blade out, just as the guards came in.

“Now come and make this easy on yourself. There is an awful large bounty on your capture. If you come quietly, I will try to get you mercy.” Aiden merely laughed and shook his head.

“There is no mercy for me, only adventure.” He said as he threw up an impenetrable wall of darkness and felt his way for the last escape route he ‘forgot’ to let the guards know. He escaped through the sewers, making it all of the way out of the city. Once there, he just walked until he couldn’t walk anymore. He would stop at each tavern, making his money as a story teller, and the occasional pickpocket, never staying in one place for too long.

Character Sheet

I've edited my character sheet with other possessions and stuff. Hope other people get on board fairly soon. :sleepy:

@loveraiden: The link to Aiden's picture doesn't work, might want to save the image and upload it to a site like photobucket, then link it from there.

If you delete the ? and all the random numbers after it, it works.

Anyways, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you with detailed feedback, it's been an odd weekend.

Anyways, that's a very nice backstory! Plenty of loose ends for me to work with, and good detail. I would like you to provide a written description along with the picture, and possibly a brief personality description. Clearly, your character will be wearing more than those weird assless pants. Plus, while your backstory provides a few good examples of his personality, I'd still like to see his 'everyday' outlook, rather than just snippets of him in extraordinary situations.

Onto the character sheet. first thing that jumps out is glamered chain shirt. You can't put any special enchantments on your weapons or armor unless they have at least a +1 enhancement bonus. However, I propose an alternative: If you get it glamered, it looks like normal clothing, but it still is as confining as normal, it's still noticeable to the touch, and it still makes noise. If you were to get a mithril chain shirt, which has an ACP of 0, which I would read as it being no more confining or restrictive than clothes, and since ACP applies to move silently as well, I'd say it's probably no louder than clothes, either. You could quite easily wear a shirt of it under any normal sort of clothing to the same, if not better, effect.

Your skills are a little all over the place, and since I'm not that picky, I'm just gonna assume they all add up properly. Still, I'd think you want to at least put max ranks into concentration. Much better option than skill focus (concentration).

Speaking of skill focus (concentration), You got silent spell from class levels. Where's the other feat you get from levels?
Also, you should probably grab some mundane gear. Bedrolls and whatnot.

I will get to work on a little about his personality,

As for the +1 bonus, I actually paid for it and forgot to type it in, I will have to do the math for the price difference, but that will be an easy change.

Skill are sporadic because of the fact that I wasn't sure what skills everyone else was using and as a beguiler is rouge like I wanted to make sure skill wise he had some skills spread around. Also I had to readjust for my PC I was aiming for, a mind bender.

Feat from achieving level 3? It was tumbling feint PHB2

And as for random gear, i will get on that as well. In most of my RL groups, we never worried about it as much, but this should be fun. Been wanting to get into a group with a lil more realism ideas,

For now I'm posting my interest. I see what I come up with.
And my vote (if it matters) would be for 3.P, but 3.5 is fine too.

loveraiden said:
I will get to work on a little about his personality,

As for the +1 bonus, I actually paid for it and forgot to type it in, I will have to do the math for the price difference, but that will be an easy change.

Skill are sporadic because of the fact that I wasn't sure what skills everyone else was using and as a beguiler is rouge like I wanted to make sure skill wise he had some skills spread around. Also I had to readjust for my PC I was aiming for, a mind bender.

Feat from achieving level 3? It was tumbling feint PHB2

And as for random gear, i will get on that as well. In most of my RL groups, we never worried about it as much, but this should be fun. Been wanting to get into a group with a lil more realism ideas,
Alright, I look forward to it!

Ahh, yeah, that would be important to write down...

It's fine, I was just complainin' cause I have to total up all the skill points and make sure you're keepin' honest with me.

Ahh, I though that was a skill trick. Actually, if you'd be so kind, could you move your feats over to the other column to make it easier for me to keep straight?

I probably won't be TOO strict about mundane materials. You will have to feed yourselves, and have something to sleep on. But I won't make you keep track of your torches and such. As long as you say 'I'm going to go buy some torches/lantern oil/whatever'.

Anarchy_Kanya said:
For now I'm posting my interest. I see what I come up with.
And my vote (if it matters) would be for 3.P, but 3.5 is fine too.

Pathfinder materials available on request, just run it by me.

I was talking about using PF as the system, but with 3.5 material available. But never-mind. Most of the people here probably prefer 3.5, so just ignore my ramblings.

I know pathfinder in general, but I'm much more familiar with 3.5 materials, which is why we're doing it the other way around.

Think as far as you want. I'm planning to go for as long as the game holds together. Since I don't have all the details of the plot tied together, I don't know exactly how long this first adventure path goes.

Battle Dancer (Dragon Compedium vol. 1) okay? Unarmed Swordsage okay? Lion Totem Barbarian (Complete Champion) okay?

Had to dig a bit to find that book, but yes, allowed. Unarmed swordsage is allowed. However, being a nice guy, I'll let you trade martial weapon proficiencies for the unarmed strike instead of the light armor proficiency.

I don't need armor and will get martial proficiencies from Warblade, but thanks.
So Battle Dancer and Lion Totem Barb allowed, right?

Back
Top Bottom