Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gotham city talk

Ivy Walker said:
Serphy and I were recently discussing the costumes of Harley and Ivy in the new Arkham Asylum game and complaining about the overly slutty nature of their outfits.

harleyandposion.jpg

It was pointed out by serphy that the revamp on their outfits took away from the fear they might inspire, instead turning them both into whorish bimbos displaying skin for the sake of showing skin. And I totally agree. They just become another woman flashing her tits, when Ivy and Harley are about much more than that. The subtleties of seduction have very little to do with how much skin you show, and these women's appeal comes from the erotic and enticing fear they inspire. Like a black widow; so beautiful and sexy and desirable, but so dangerous. Their original outfits were skin tight and sexy enough.

I agree (noob to subject but was asked to interject)
They whole reason Ivy and Harley were dam good villians, was not their Fuck-to-evil ratio but the fact that they were better than that and proved it on a regular basis, the Game Developers did a good job on that game dont get me wrong, but the costumes, weren't good for those two (except for the vines part on Ivy's legs, that may be closer to the truth than even the comic book makers would lead to believe) They displayed a nature that those two never owned

i hate what they did to them they were great villains and they didn't need any flimsy rags to make them beautiful .all this is are men who want to make to powerful and deadly women look like sluts .it takes away the fear ratio completely i mean how are you supposed to be afraid of that there original costumes were great because they kept you guessing. but reveled just enough not to much like the newer ones.

Poison-Ivy-batman-villains-1421042-1024-748.jpg

Harley-Quinn-Terry-Rachel-Dodson.jpg

you see there better in the original i think at least.

Eh, really Poison Ivy's costumes have always been on the scant side.

How does she looked that way, give me at least 5 reasons why you think that, beacuase, the older costume is the one she always worn. Anyways, never acts like a scank, but she has usd her 'natural' features to help get away with stuff, but i have never seen her do anything towards that side of life

Personally, for me, I think there is a difference between a strapless bathing suit made out of leaves, and a bikini of leaves and wearing a shirt connected by one button between the breasts. One has a sense of elegance and style to it. The other is trashy, and reminds me of something like this:

124744054285177.gif

Which in my mind suggests a recent night of sex...and she's running around like that as if available for more not for ass kicking. It does not put me in mind of a temptress looking to entice the men of Gotham and bring them to their doom(as her slim and streamlined usual outfit does, like mother Nature incarnate, grand and royal seeking to bend men to her will and utterly destroy them), in the game she looks like a woman willing to spread her legs. Just my personal opinion.

i agree with every thing said by ivy.the way they portray the both of then m is just well it just takesw the feel of who the charectors are.ivy herself is strong and like a forbidden pleasure in her olkd costume one you want to touch but cant becouse youll die there da nger hidden and her origonal costiume left more to the imagination.while her newer one us tleves her compleatly exposed as if she has no class and will do anythign that walks.as for aharley sh ewent from a jestur witch is her simble childish and yet deadly and strong to a nurse slash girl scuot liek whore from what i can tell.

I did say scant yes? As in covers little, on the revealing side.

Yes she uses her looks to get away with things, that and her natural pheromones.
And evil plants.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdGdXVm4SN8&feature=related[/youtube]

That's what Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are supposed to be like in my book.

I'm fairly certain Harley's outfit was changed to fit the theme of Akham Asylum. Not so much just to be skimpy as it is to go along with the Joker's sense of humor.
Can't you just imagine a, "HELLO NURSE!"

your argument makes sense but if you noticed all the other villains you ran into were dressed classically like the joker . now the scarecrow was different but his was ok in some ways like if he did change his costume it was believable no one likes needles and the mask is even more intemimdating and that's what hes about.but Harley and ivy's was just wrong they just wanted to show off skin there was no thought behind it.

There isn't much excuse for Ivy's dress but Harley's always been into costumes for Mr. J. Really it's more like a prop than it is a style and more than likely by next game they'll have her in a different outfit.

now you have a point imn some ways on that one.i have checked and shell be the same way the upcoming game also .oh well i guess.

Just a trend for game characters to wear less and less. I remember when RPGs I played had characters in full plate armor, robes, etc. And now I have characters in mini-skirts, go go boots and little half vests, etc.

yeah i get were your coming from just bugs me is all that most of the other chars didn't look that different except scarecrow ,but his fit and as for killer crock he mutated threw the comics so. any who knew topic the batman's belt.

91364-utility-belt_400.jpg

Well...I kinda liked Ivy's outfit... I always thought it should have been a bit more "scant" if you must...specifically because the plants were what was covering her(I believe anyhow). For me, it also gives more of a natural feel... I dunno why. I think she honestly looks better showing her stomach...I could have done without the stupid shirt though....It makes no sense...it almost seems as if she's self conscience of her boobs when I know she isn't.

I had no problem with Harley... It was her fucking voice that killed me. I didn't think it was good at all...and I wanted to just die while listening to her speak. I also felt the Riddler should have had more face time or something. He's awesome as well.

I found this on Wikipedia:

Elements[4][5][6][7][8] of the utility belt at times include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Batarangs:[9] A customized throwing weapon used by Batman. Interpretations of the weapon have varied from the boomerang to the shuriken[10]. Recent interpretations have shown a large array of different types and sizes for different effects (i.e. blunt impact, edged, slashing).
* Bat-lasso:[11] Thrown around the feet of Batman's enemies to tie them with a composite-nylon cord. Often causes an escaping opponent to trip. With the push of a button in Batman's glove it can deliver an electric shock.
* Bat-cuffs:[12] Bat shaped handcuffs, resembling the kind used by Special Forces units. These restraints are made of a lightweight diamond-impregnated nylon overlaying a banded steel core. Using a one-piece design, they slide closed and have to be cut off. Batman has given a special tool with a diamond-edged cutting implement to the Gotham PD for removal.
* Bat-monitor
* Bat-Tracer:[13] Used to track enemies Batman can't follow closely.
* Communications device:[14] Often an earbug housed in an ear of Batman's cowl, but sometimes handheld.
* Bat Line: A device that shoots out a steel line in both directions making a zip line. In the 2009 video game Batman: Arkham Asylum it is called the Line Launcher.
* Bat-Darts:[15] Tipped with tranquillizers
* First aid kit:[16][17][18]
* Cryo Capsules:[16][17][18] Small capsules that release a cryonic acid upon the breaking of the shell.
* Bat Goo gun:[19] A handheld foam projector that fires an adhesive-like substance to incapacitate opponents.
* Grapple gun:[20][21][22] Used to fire a bat-shaped hook attached to a high-tensile wire line in order to scale sheer surfaces and/or swing across gaps.
* Night vision bat-goggles:[23] Using Starlite infrared lenses to see thermal output in low light or non-lit situations. Currently built-in to Batman's cowl.
* Batlight: A simple flashlight. Batman uses it in numerous episodes of the animated series, usually when looking for clues, or through private files in the dark. Sometimes replaced by an infrared version that provides illumination viewable only through special eyepieces in Batman's cowl, which allows him to see in the dark without becoming visible himself.
* Flamethower: a miniature flamethower that was used on BatBane in the "Ghosts of Batman arc"
* Kryptonite ring: Stored in a lead box, it is reserved for emergency use against a rogue Superman and/or other Kryptonians.[24]
* Acetylene torch:[25] A strong miniaturized laser used as a cutting tool.
* Line gun: (Grapnel Gun)[26][27][28] Similar to a grappling hook, the line gun uses a strong clamp attached to a high-tensile wire for scaling surfaces and/or traversing gaps. It can be recovered by releasing the clamp and rewinding the cable. It was based from one that is designed as compact climbing gear for commando units.
* Lock pick: Sometimes kept in the gloves instead.
* Marble: Rolled down stairs to imitate footsteps. Depicted as a magnetic metal ball in the "Hush" storyline arc.
* Micro bat-camera[29]: A miniature camera
* Miniature smoke grenades[30]
* Miniaturized toolkit[31]
* Rebreather:[32] Allows Batman to breathe underwater or in vacuum. Depending on the writer and/or artist, it may also be incorporated with the gas mask.
* A Master Bat-Key (sometimes mistakenly called a skeleton key) is perhaps the simplest tool in Batman's utility belt.
* Smoke pellets:[33] Often used to quickly provide cover for Batman's stealthly exits and entries. Knock-out gas pellets are used as well for non-lethally incapacitating opponents. Lachrymatory and regurgitant agents are deployed by throwing or breaking open the small hardened-gelatin spheroid capsules.
* BatStungun/taser, used by Batman to stun his enemies with an electrical shock to temporarily paralize them
* Stun (Flash-Bang) grenades:[34][35] Emits bright light and loud sound to blind and stun enemies.
* Thermite grenades: An incendiary used to burn[36] through obstacles. In Batman: Year One, the thermite charge ignited accidentally and destroyed the utility belt. Although they are identified as Thermite, it is safe to assume that Thermate is used instead. (The former is a World War II technology which has largely been replaced by the latter.) In Judgement on Gotham (1991), Batman is equipped with a phosphor-based incendiary device.
* A cache of cash
* Evidence bags: Bags in which to hold evidence.
* Collapsible sword seen in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, sharp enough to cut through steel objects such as Clock King's robots. Resembles a Lightsaber.
* Bat-Saw used in Batman & Robin to cut through Poison Ivy's vines.
* Bat-Heater mini bat shaped tool used to melt ice.
* Listening devices: Miniature listening devices or 'bugs', sometimes fired from a modified pistol and used to listen in on criminals' conversations. Used in Batman: The Animated Series.
* The Batrope[37] helps Batman slow his descent during rooftop leaps. The Batropes are lightweight and combine the strength of rappelling ropes with the flexibility of a bungee cord. These monofilament de-cel cables tested to 400 lb of support weight. Batarangs are generally thrown to loop around and secure the target[38]. Meanwhile, there's a lanyard attach point[39] in the tail.

And I also found these on the Batman: Yesterday, Today, and Beyond fansite.

batmanbelt1.png

batmanbelt2.png
batmanbelt3.png
batmanbelt4.png

batmanbelt6.png

I think it's one of those things that sets Batman apart from other superheroes, having a lot of gadgets. Not too much that it seems like he's weighed down with a lot of stuff, but just enough that he always seems prepared.

i agree with November snow on the shirt ivy wears she supposed to be organic anyway .ivy im with you on the always prepared but im scared to touch your post its awesomeness has no bounds .

Well, I read somewhere that it often seems ridiculous the amount of stuff he use to be able to hold in it and that it's been parodied a lot, but I usually consider the main items he has and uses consistently to be what's important and anything else is just a specialty item that he brought along for a specific adventure. Like, if he knows he's going to be fighting Killer Croc he might bring along his Bat-taser to make fighting him easier or something. Just as an example.

yes that sounds right because every villain has a certain set of something two face his coin like say batman brings extras like the one ,move to distract him . and a taser for crock heat admitting things for freeze and, so on he often carries a set of plant killers when dealing with ivy but normally just his batarangs.sounds like he may do that and the rest is just standard .

Ivy's costume needed sexing up so they could attract more boys to play with cheap sex appeal.

Honestly, sex appeal is the only reason Ivy has a form-fitting costume at all. You know what she probably SHOULD be wearing if she was going strictly on plant logic?

Bark.

Yes, a protective layer of bark, self-renewing, insulating from the environment and most minor damage, it also takes the brunt of cold and fire damage while leaving the tender heartwood intact. But bark, you see, is not sexy. So Ivy always has been, and always will be, drawn with sex appeal and exposed skin. The degree of sluttiness depends on how cheap the illustrators intend to go.

ouch that hits deep but you have a pint but you see ivy is about her appearance in some ways she wants to attract men so she can kill them but also she is this way because she is dominating and strong she looks this way because she doesn't need to cover herself to be feared but the newer costume is shit.its just to make the guys cross there legs and figit there is no thought other than that to it .

See, I'm looking at it as her character's purpose in the narrative. She has been written one way or another way depending on the writer and the needs of the narrative. She has a lot of potential, a core of possibility, but frankly, if she's this plant-woman, why does she even need human males? Except to play with (because she's a little bit crazy that way). Some of the most interesting Ivy stories I've seen have been where she's just finding an opportunity for her plant-children to thrive and basically take over, because the monkeys haven't treated the Earth particularly well, so it's time for the plants to take it back. That's an element that's not used that much; the idea that Ivy doesn't necessarily have to identify with humans anymore...

Oooo, interesting question for you Mr. Master and serphina! What does Poison Ivy eat? Does she eat plants or does she eat meat?

that one i know ok i think .she eats fruit but leaves the seeds becouse that to her is like murdering children .but she also can feed by sunlight and water like a plant so she can go ether way with it .

Back
Top Bottom