Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone a Manga ka?!

Hikaru Sakato

Super-Earth
I know this is totally out of the blue but are there any skilled manga ka here? For those who don't know, a manga ka (sometimes written mangaka) is a Japanese comic book artist.

I've been looking for someone for MONTHS to collaborate with me on a few projects. Hopefully you're out there somewhere. Finding a manga artist is like looking for a speck of pepper in a snowstorm.

If you're interested, send me a PM. <3

Thanks!

- Hikaru

You'd probably have better luck on Deviant art or an Art discussing forum.
I dabble in manga sketches and it's my dream to produce my own manga series, but I've still long way to go before I can call myself a manga artist or manga ka as you say.

Looking on DA is a fruitless search. All of the artists I'd like to collaborate with are either busy with their own projects or expecting some sort of compensation.

I thought I was clear.... TTwTT But here's what I'm looking for:

I need an artist to collaborate with. I want to create either a mini-series or a some short strips based on my stories (since I am a writer and not an artist). I've been having some great trouble trying to find an artist because the ones I've spoken with are either busy working on their own projects or expecting compensation. I'm not trying to just get my work illustrated. I'm trying to build a friendly work relationship in hopes of creating something great.

Well a lot of manga-ka's aren't just illustrators... they're illustrators and writers, and a lot of artists need inspiration and drive in order to produce their work with quality. A lot of work goes into drawing comics. I mean, most manga artists in Japan need teams to help them manga and draw out just once chapter to meet their 1 month deadline. So of course they're going to want some form of compensation if it isn't purely for their own desire and pastime.

Do your stories have to be put into manga/comic form?

Your next best option might be the forum on deviantart.

Back
Top Bottom