Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Arranged [Christmasnightmare X Lila Lupin]

Lila Lupin

Star
There was a loud crash in the Eviche estate as the eldest, and most skilled daughter of the werewolf clan threw a vase at her father. Ayura had just been informed that she was to be wed, to a man that she'd never even met, and this made her rather volatile at the moment. Ayura Eviche was the pride and joy of one of the 'royal' werewolf clans, and since she was a woman she was expected to marry, give birth to an heir and raise her children. That didn't suit her one bit. Ayura hated the idea of someone else providing for her and her family, especially someone that she'd never seen before. She had a murderous look on her face as she glared at her father who had luckily dodged the vase that she had thrown at him. She was hopping mad and she wanted to break her father's neck instead of that vase.

"What on earth is wrong with you father. Can't Emil be the one to marry this man. Why must I marry him. I'm a better fighter than she is, in fact my skills are greater than hers in a great many things. She should be the one to be married, I can care for and defend myself just fine." She said in an angry tone. She couldn't stand this, and her father knew it. he didn't like the idea of making her do this any more than she did, but the elders had demanded it, and he would but the entire clan in danger if he disobeyed.

"You're the eldest Ayura, Emil is only 15, you're 17, and it's about time you got married. I understand that you don't like this , but the elders have required that you get married, and that means that you must be married as soon as possible. Now go wash up and make yourself presentable. The suitor should be arriving in about an hour." He said, and she knew that fighting back would wasted now. She turned with a huff and made her way to her room. She went to the wash room, and bathed so she could wash away the dirt and grime that had accumulated on her from her horse back ride. She slipped into a beautiful hand made gown and made her way down stairs to the foyer to await her new suitor, and. if her father had his way, husband.

The vampires and werewolves were hoping a wedding between the species would be a good step toward ending a long feud. Long have the two immortal creatures been at war among one another. Fighting over land, differences in looks and religion, and over the human race, for both sides were hunted by the human race and neither could hope to survive much longer if they continued to bicker and spat at each other. For centuries both species had watched the first humans stumble from their caves stupid and afraid of the night. They had watched the humans advance rapidly unconcerned. Both the Werewolves and Vampires were immortal or long lived. Why would they need fear mere mortals?

Humans had progressed enough within their short lives to discover the two species and were able to discover ways of killing the immortals. Though by this time both werewolf and Vampire had exhausted their resources fighting one another they could not afford to duel one another any further. That is why they had come together to plan the union between the species. Much rested upon this union.

The Vampires needed someone they could rely upon if things went badly with the werewolves. The Vampires wanted to show the Werewolves their good faith in the union as well. That is why the Vampire Conceal had deemed it necessary to send their most prized Vampire to be wed to the werewolf. Their most valued and most feared. The most powerful of Vampires and the most uncontrollable considered a wild card.

That is how the suitor had ended up at the Werewolf Estate. He was not awaked from his long slumber until he his coffin was deep within the estate. The Vampires had promised the werewolves a suitor what they did not mention was that their suitor had been not been awakened nor told of the plans that had been made for him. They knew this was the best way for talking to the Vampire inside of the midnight black coffin was impossible. Many chains surrounding the coffin, a single lock shaped as a heart rested in the middle of the coffin. Placed perfectly over the Vampires heart a twisted sense of humor, the key to this device rested upon a small table that sat near the coffin with a smell letter.

The letter appeared to be of some sort of old paper that seemed to be crumbling from the weight of time. The letter read as the following.

“If you are reading this letter then it must mean I had failed in my duty and I accept my punishment gladly. For it means I have failed my clan and my race. I hope the need for what lies within the box never arises and that it may remain locked away for all time. If you are indeed reading this then heed my warning. With great power comes a price. I sincerely hope you succeed where I have failed. As the many before me have failed throughout the centuries for there is no turning back once the key is in place. I wish you a peaceful long life…Or a quick painless death.
With Love”

The name of the writer is faded and unable to be read. The hand writing being written in old blood seemingly with a feather ink pen, the key that rested next to the letter was white in color and shaped as two hearts connected by chains of destiny.

Ayura’s father walked into the room where the coffin had been kept. They hadn’t informed him that his daughter was to be married to a vampire that was locked in its coffin. That was usually a bad sign, seeing as how only some of the most dangerous of vampires were locked in their coffins. He wondered what this vampire had done to deserve his fate as he cautiously took the key and placed it in the lock. He was having second thoughts as he stared at the lock for a good minute and then turned the key. He felt a prick at his finger before the lock clicked and the key sank into the coffin as blood seemed to cover the coffin from the point where the key had been. The werewolf Lord knew that that had been his blood. He knew how these coffins worked. His grandfather had designed these prisons. It could only be opened by a high ranking werewolf and not require a sacrifice. For this specific coffin it would have taken the lives of five vampire lords to open it. It was meant to be a prison that they would not open lightly. He watched as his blood completely wrapped around the coffin, and then sank into it. The coffin opened leaving the great werewolf lord to meet with the man that his daughter was to be married to.

Ayura sat in the foyer fuming about this arranged marriage. She hated the idea of marrying someone, even if he was considered a great werewolf amongst his people, she found it rather classless. “Honestly, what self-respecting werewolf would marry a girl he’s never met?” She said as she began to play the piano that was sitting in the foyer. “Sis you’ve gotta be the bravest, most selfless woman I know.” Emi said as she came up behind her sister. “What are you talking up Emi?” Ayura asked completely clueless as to what her sister was talking about. “None of the others wanted to marry this vampire. Alana said that you’d just agreed. The rest of us are all afraid. He’s supposed to be really strong.” Emi said. She realized suddenly though that her sister hadn’t been aware that she was going to marrying a vampire by the sudden shock on her face. “WHAT VAMPIRE?” She asked hands slamming on the keys of the piano as her voice began to rise in volume as her temper was starting to flare. Not only was she to marry someone she’d never met, but she was to marry a member of the enemy race, and they had failed to mention that part. “You didn’t know?” Emi asked, but her question was immediately answered as her sister stormed out of the room to find their father. “Apparently not.” She said with a sigh. She thought that it was a bit odd that Ayura had agreed to marry a vampire, when she probably hated them more than anyone in the whole mansion.

Ayura stormed throughout the house, looking for her father. She was directed to a room deep within the mansion and she was fuming the entire time. The servants and maids were tripping over themselves in a rush to get out of Ayura’s way. They knew that no one was safe when her anger had risen to these levels. They still clearly remembered what happened when she was informed that the vampire that had killed her mother and eldest brother was going to be put on trial by the vampires, instead of the werewolves. She had defenestrated a nearby maidservant and the fall from the second story window had broken the poor girl’s arm. Ayura was 10x deadlier when she was angry, than when she was concentrated, in and out of combat. It was quite odd, because her body instinctually found and exploited an enemy’s weak spot when she was angry. She found the room that her father was in and kicked the door open. She walked in just in time to see the blood soak into the coffin and it begin to open. She pulled her father out of the way, and looked at the person inside the coffin, eyes like burning coals filled with hate. She knew that the werewolves were trying to strike a peace treaty with the vampires, and she’d disagreed with the whole thing. She might have been the strongest female werewolf in her clan, but she never would have agreed to marry a vampire for the sake of this treaty. They’d killed her mother and brother, and she would have sooner died than help the vampires survive, but she’d already promised her father, and she knew that the rest of her family would be in danger if she didn’t agree, so she would be civil, and play her part, if only to protect her family.

As did the coffin open, did the many chains surrounding the coffin fell away dropping with rather loud thuds as they hit the hard floor. Made form pure silver the chains were quit heavy, and as the Werewolf Lord had guessed, weren’t meant to be token off without good reasons. The letter having been proof enough of the dangers that laid within the coffin, the seriousness that would be needed to release the creature inside.

What laid inside with arms crossed over its chest, hands resting upon board shoulders, was a tall lean man. Clothed within simple dark leggings and shirt, the clothing seemingly falling apart due to times cruelty. The cloths appeared to of been rather expensive and fashionable once upon a time but were now rags covering the vampire. The Vampires face could not be seen, due to the mask that was firmly placed over his face. The oval mask was designed perfectly for the vampire covering his entire face perfectly, the eyes black as the abyss its self. Even in the most well lite rooms the vampires eyes could not of been see. Why the mask hide the Vampires eyes was perhaps to keep the creature from wrapping others minds with its own. For it was known Vampires held great power in their eyes.
The Mask held no real features, looking more skull like than anything else. Sharp teeth played along the edges of the Vampires actually mouth, though the mask was lipless showing the entire set of sharp teeth. It was as if the Mask was meant to represent the Vampire more than anything. Long black hair dangled limply past the Vampires shoulders. Having come from a time period where long hair seemed to be accepted. The inside of the coffin had been lined with silk and cosines for a comfortable or respected Nobles resting box.

The clothing and none existent shoes that the Vampire wore could not be placed to style or culture. So tattered and old were they, they barley managed to cover the body within the coffin. The blood from before was nowhere to be seen, and it did appear as if the body within the box was a mere corpse. Until the corpses large bone like hand snaked out toward the Werewolf Lords throat, the body seemingly skinny and bone like from lack of blood for the many centuries it had been imprisoned, dropping its hand like claw before actually reach the Wolf’s throat, instead speaking with a raspy voice, dust and smoke puffing out of the mouth of the mask, seemingly trying to speak but failing.

The Vampire was in need of Blood but was in no state to truly hunt. That is why the Vampire Council had chosen this method. The Vampire would require blood to fully revive. They had planned for the bride to be to feed this creature, in the hopes that when the exchange of blood, their souls would bind and perhaps her memories and emotions would have some effect upon it.

"He needs to feed." Ayura said as she looked at him with great scrutiny. She knew what her father would say, and she didn't like the idea at all. "Ayura he is the one they've chosen. You know what will happen to the family now if we refuse." Her father said as he looked at his eldest daughter, prepared to offer his wrist to the vampire before Ayura stopped him. She looked at the corpse like creature with a murderous glare before speaking again. "I'll do it, if this is supposed to be my husband then it's my job to take care of him." She said as pure hatred and disgust laced her voice when she spoke the word husband. "Ayura he's weak if he feeds from you he could very well kill you." "And then the whole treaty would be off and the werewolves would do everything in there power to put every last of the damned bloodsuckers in the ground. I know, and now so does he. I suggest you not kill me, because, if you do...." She walked over to the door and closed it wincing a bit as she felt the prick to her finger as her blood was absorbed into the door knob, the click that was next heard was obviously the door locking. She then pulled a small rope that had been attached to the curtains covering the walls. The curtains fell revealing crosses of all shapes and sizes lining the walls. This room was apparently meant to do one of two things. Either keep a vampire in, or keep them out. The door now had what seemed to be a large red cross stained on it, and she smiled a bit wickedly at him as she finished her sentence. "...this will be your new prison. A prison that only I can get you out of know. Now then go ahead, regain your strength." She said as she handed her wrist to him.

She had been the one to have this room made. After her mother and brother were killed she began to study the vampires tirelessly, always searching for a new way to kill them. She wasn't about to let this creature out so that it could harm her sister. She should have made her father leave the room, but she knew that just about a pint of her blood was all he would need to regain most of his strength, seeing as how the research she'd done had brought to her attention that should a vampire, high ranking or not drink the blood of a high ranking werewolf, of the opposite gender, they could regain their strength much more quickly than just drinking the blonde of a human or 'common' werewolf. She waited for him to drink. She had given him her wrist simply because she wanted this creature no where near her jugular.

The two werewolves truly had nothing to fear when it came to discussing private affairs with the Vampire in the same room. The hunger that consumed all Vampires to a degree was over riding any sense of awareness, making the vampire completely vulnerable to any attacker that may try to do harm to it. Lost within the urges, lost within the need for blood, the corpse like Vampire patiently waited to be feed, or for an opening to feed, it was unaware of its surroundings. Unaware of the planned marriage, of the century it resided within, only the smell of fresh blood filled its senses.

Time seemed to crawl by, and at the same time speed up within a matter of seconds. Time was not important it was merely a factor at play. One that did not affect the Vampire, for within the Vampires world it had just been awoken by some powerful creature before a throbbing vein was being offered. A sacrifice of one’s blood, the same bone like hand that had reached for the Werewolf Lords throat snaked out to grasp the offered wrist without hesitation. Gripping the wrist tightly holding it very still as it quickly moved forward from its old resting place.

Seemingly to open the Masks mouth with its own the Vampire did not pause in the harsh manner it attacked the Young Werewolves wrist, tearing into the flesh within a manner of seconds, drinking deeply of sweet salty nectar of the Wolves Life. Stealing a portion of her life’s force so it may in return live and thrive, though in the process memories that were not its own began to flash through its blank skull, memories of love, duty, and family, hatred and fear.

Suddenly releasing the Females wrist without any signs of stopping or warning, the Vampire seemed to vanish from sight only to be seen next a few feet away from the Female, close to a wall of crosses its head tilted to the side. Hidden eyes watched the werewolf as the memories passed through blood continued to play with its skull. The Vampire remained within that stance, arms hung loosely at its sides, head tilted to the left facing her, seeming to be relaxed, and studying her.
Vampires as well as Werewolves were known for their super human speeds and strengths. Moving faster than a human eye could keep up with. A well feed Vampire within its prime could out run a werewolf in human form easily. Once in animal form or the hybrid form, the Vampires were no match for a werewolves speed.
Though unlike the many Vampires that existed within the world the one the foolish Female had trapped herself with was no normal Vampire. It was not the first vampire to be created, it did not belong to the ancient line of the First Vampire.

The Vampire remained still and silent, unmoving, admitting not a whisper as it studied the female. The one whom had freed it form its prison. What purpose would such a creature have in doing so? The reasoning didn’t matter too it.

"Sorry to waken you from your slumber, but it has been decided that a treaty must be made in order for our two lines to survive." Lord Eviche stated as he looked at the man eying his daughter. She simply sighed and walked over to the door, leaning up against in an attempt to escape the gaze of the creature that kept looking at her. It was unnerving and she simply wanted him to leave her alone. "It was decided that they would choose one from their ranks to marry our strongest female, which happens to be the young woman that just gave you her blood. She's also my daughter." He said before Ayura began to speak.

"The name is Ayura Eviche, a absolute pleasure to finally meet the man that I was tricked into agreeing to marry. The prim and proper man over that is trying to make this farce truce out to be more than it really is, is my father Lord Eviche." She said as she made their introductions. "Quite honestly I think it's all quite a bit of rubbish and would rather have nothing to do with it, except my family is at stake, so I'm doing what has to be done. The only question, is are you willing to marry me, to protect your people?" She asked as she stared at him. At least they'd only required her to marry him. Other wise this would turn into a murderous affair that could very well spell the end for both their kind. The last she ever wanted to do was to have to bear the heir of a vampire.

The Masked Vampire kept its main focus upon the werewolf female as she moved about the seemingly small room. Watching the female as she moved about the room, only to end up near the door, a clear sign of discomfort or was it something else? She had shown much resolve at the beginning but seemed to be losing her back bone as the night progressed. The Vampire merely watched as it listened to the Werewolf Lord’s speech. Unconcerned with such a boring lecture but listened it did.

The young female’s blood had been enough to revive the Vampires strength to an extent but not enough. It had regained enough of its strength to be a match for the Werewolf Lord but not enough to handle the Lord and the Female at the same time. It could only focus upon one or the other in its current state. The creature the two regarded as a normal Vampire simply looked about the large room silently without moving its skull which was still directed toward the female.

From the females blood, and memories the creature was able to create a map of the room. The crosses that lined the walls and door, the purpose of the room, and why it was created, she had given him all of this information.

Focusing back to reality the Vampires eyes centered on the female due to having placed them there before as she began introducing them. The Vampire merely began walking about the room as she did, examine the walls, running its boney fingers a cross the steel, or where they silver? Crosses that lined them as smoke began to drift from the place of contact. The Vampire didn’t draw its hand back when the smoke appeared nor did it stop walking, seeming to not notice the burning flesh of its fingertips or the pain that might of followed the smoke.

Turning around quickly the creature vanished from sight once more, the werewolf Lord being the only creature within the room to follow its movement, as it moved behind the Female placing its chest to her back before she would notice. A claw like hand gently held by her throat as it moved its mouth to her ear to hover there. Positioning its head so the mask it wore appeared to be watching the Lord, as it held its other claw like hand hovering over the females stomach. Ready to tear into her without the barest whim, it was willing to allow her to escape its grasp if she so desired without harming her.

Though while it was in that position the creature did address the two Werewolves within the room of deadly crosses, unconcerned with the fact the two could probably destroy it before it could escape. Trapped within a well thought out prison, cleverly designed, it thought.

The creature spoke with a deep raspy voice, rough and scratchy form not being used for centuries. Prepared for anything, unafraid of the true death that awaited everything living, even immortals.

“Perish or live….” It began “….If I were to kill you now…Than perhaps the truce wouldn’t need to be put into effect…Though whom am I to care what happens to your family or the Vampire Race…Emi is the real reason…Reason enough to sacrifice yourself for….”

A loud thud sounded from the closed door as a females voice could be heard muffled from the other side. Demanding the door be opened at once for it was urgent business that the person behind speak with the Werewolf Lord. The distraction did not distract nor ease the Creatures stance, and posture as it stood behind the female. Waiting for her reaction, waiting for her to break the laws that had been laid down long before it had been released.

"If he doesn't care what happens to them, then he must not be like them, not entirely." She said, as she most skillfully got herself out of the grasp of the creature. She had completely ignored him, and was actually surprised that he'd actually taken the bait for this whole strategy of hers. She wasn't sure how long she could hold him, but she was aiming for as long as possible. "You look here, Emil has nothing to do with this. If you so much as look at her wrong I will turn you into a woman, without the aid of spells and potions." Ayura said as she used all her force to push the creature back into the door with the burning red cross. "You kill me, and you'll be stuck in here for the rest of eternity, or at least until this room decays. You see if I die, then you will have all the other werewolves just waiting for this room to fall apart so they could tear you limb from limb, and while that probably doesn't scare you since you've obviously been 'alive' for quite sometime, it also means that I'd get what I'd want, the destruction of all vampires. So honestly, I don't care how this plays out. As long as my sister is safe from devil spawn such as yourself." She said, the pure hatred lacing her voice.

"And for the love of all that's holy, take off that damned mask." She growled. She wasn't angry, not visibly at least, though she was utterly fuming on the inside. She couldn't stand the idea of someone trying to go after her sister. She'd had to practically raise Emil after her mother and brother were killed, and she tended to think of her sister as more of her daughter than her sister. She heard the voices but she ignored them. This was much more important, until Emil's voice was heard on the other side. "Yura you and father are needed, it's urgent. The Council has arrived to discuss the marriage." She said hoping that she could get her sister to open the door. She knew that there had to be a good reason for Yura to lock that door, but this was a matter that put the lives of everyone in the mansion at stake. Suddenly a loud crash was heard and the door was flung open as Ayura and her father both headed out of the door. As nearby maidservant looked into the room, she noticed that a bony figure had seemingly been thrown at a large coffin, as both were on the floor. She had no idea that the figure was a vampire, or that he was the one that her mistress was supposed to be married to. Ayura grabbed Emil and immediately made her way to the foyer along with her father. Anyone else could become the creature's meal, just not her family.

Though the creature allowed the Female wolf to man handle him, he didn’t allow her to distract him from his thoughts. What was the point of allowing angry to control? It seen no point in anger and hatred, no real reason to a bid by the rules, and restraints of honor, respect, duty, such meaningless words. She could throw him around as much as she wanted, she wouldn’t do any damage to him or his body. She could stake him, hang him from a cross, she could bleed him dry, and tear him from limb to limb. None of it would truly matter or damage him.

Having been thrown against hard objects the Vampire didn’t know where it lay as it opened its eyes to look at the room. Apparently landing near the prison it had been locked within, looking towards the door the Wolf’s had exited the Creature could see another Female. This one wearing servant clothing, curiosity written within her eyes as she looked within the room, all the Vampire saw was his next meal, It didn’t take it long to attack the maid and feast upon her. It knew the Werewolf Lord probably trusted his Daughter to close the door upon the Vampire. To keep it locked away until the meeting but she had failed in her duty. She was more concerned with her sibling then the safety of the people whom looked to her for guidance. Or would of In the near future if it weren’t for her rash nature, and the fact she was ruled by her emotions.

Perhaps that is why her father was marrying the young wolf off. He probably lost hope in his Daughter and thought it a better option to sell her to benefit his domain. That was how things worked within the circle of Nobles and Royals. Their lives weren’t their own to live or so thought the Vampire.
It didn’t take it long drink its fill from the Maids blood, it even took the time to feed the Maid a few droplets of its own blood. A rather cruel jester for it would bind the Maid to him allowing him compete control over her mind and body. Licking the wounds gently to seal them, The vampire allowed the Maid to run off to get back to her duties. Remembering nothing of the last 3 minutes, crutching down upon its heels, the Vampire narrowed its eyes at the path the Female had taken. Blood droplets slowly streaming down its mask as it sat there.

The Vampire muttered strange odd words, and none sense before breaking into a run down a opposite hallway. The young maids memories guiding the Vampire as if flew through the Estate. Seeming a mere blurr to those it passed, having gained its full strength between the werewolves. The Vampire began his plans.
All the while a small dark haired child wondered the hallways in search of the Werewolf Lord and his Daughter. Having lost sight of them within the large maze they called a home. A lone masked figure occupied the small girl.

Back
Top Bottom