Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Group RP - Alternate Shadowrun - All genders welcome

Chamorus the Cat

Super-Earth
For the uninitiated: http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/Main_Page

Set in the year 2072, Shadowrun is a two-decades-old role-playing system loosely based off of Neuromancer by William Gibson. The world is owned and ran by corporate governments; turf battles are as constantly changing as the stock market. When the chips are down and competition is creeping in, it's up to the company to literally destroy their enemy's bottom line. To act on their own would be a war declaration. Companies need someone expendable, someone with no ties to the organization. They need...

Shadowrunners.

Living life in the shadows is no joke, especially in the day and age where magic and technology have royally fucked everyone over. Mages and cybernetic soldiers fight side-by-side in a struggle between very small, very powerful nations.

There's rumors going around that there's a runner in Cincinnati who's recruiting up-and-comers. He gets a cut, the organization gets a cut, then you get yours and a safe place to bed down.

This is a group RP that I've been meaning to set up for a while. Playing as GM, the organization head, and side characters, I'll set the stage for cyberpunk adventure role-playing. I'm looking to start once I've accumulated three more players.

As I posted in the title, any sex is welcome, along with any orientation. The chance of smut is low (for a Bluemoon RP, I'm sure, but there's plenty of tail to chase in the Shadowrun setting) and, should you be public about it, I'd rather it be in a side-thread of its own. Otherwise, PMs.

I don't particularly like some of the metahuman types presented in the Runner Companion; that being said, I'm opening the floodgates in this odd Shadowrun alternative. Fantasy races like gnolls, lizardmen or drow are all present, though some have deep prejudices stacked against them and are VERY K.O.S. for Humanity First activists and so on. Let me reiterate: Anything goes, pending my approval.

I would LIKE a character sheet, if you can take time to write one up from the 4th Edition Shadowrun handbook; if not, give the usual care to presenting your character as you would in any other RP group. Once I've approved your concept, you're in and you can begin posting. Easy enough, right?

There is no post minimum or maximum. I do require proper grammar and punctuation; those who cannot form a sentence or capitalize an "i" need not apply. Remember this when you PM/IM me to talk to me about RP/Plot/Character ideas.

No dice are involved; when conflicts come up, i.e. combat and the like, I'll establish a turn-order for those involved, based on prowess or equipment or what have you. In short, fastest motherfucker goes first. I'll decide that by character sheets or something. I'm not terribly sure how that'll go, but that's neither here nor there, really. In some form or fashion, someone gets to ruin shit.

Well, that's about it for now. As things progress, expect updates and edits to follow.

For those of you who see the ad and don't respond; what's holding you back? Let me know, so I can clear things up.

I've always been interested in Shadowrun, but right this moment I can't think of a character concept for it. =/

Admiral Squish said:
I'm all for the idea, but I don't know shadowrun AT ALL, so I can't help, unfortunately.
I provided a wiki. Would a timeline or direction to a synopsis help?

Lyra said:
You have a lo of adepts so far?
So far on the list, Neurok_Shinobi is playing a Troll "Tank" Adept. Cadia is playing an Ork "this diamantine-dipped ax is going somewhere you won't like" Adept.

Back
Top Bottom