Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Master's Ninjas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felixia_Luna

Supernova
(( If interested, post your character here http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=24576 ))

If I get anything wrong, I'm sorry for not being completely historically accurate. Just setting up a decent setting.

The year is 1465 in Imperial Japan, were the backlash of Civil War has still scarred the surface of the once great nation. Shoguns and minor lords all fight for control of the nation, whole bloodlines being erased in blood. One such family, the Musata clan, was wiped out to a single man. To ensure his survival, and vengeance, he has recruited the help of friendly clans, hoping their blood-ties will stay strong. One family that has replied, sent their youngest child to help him. That child was Felixia, born and raised to revive the Musata family. Once she reached a ripe age of 17, she would be married off to him, ensuring the survival of the clan.

Riding hard through the country side, Felixia was a silent blur as she traveled to her new master's side. Her black hair flapping behind her like a cape, and her horse sweating heavily, the peasants stopped in their work to take notice of the little girl riding her mount into the ground in her haste. The village she was supposed to meet in with her Master was only a few miles away, and she believed the horse would last that long. The Ikiopin province wasn't a big place, consisting of only a few thousand people crammed onto a 50 mile strip of land by the sea. Her objective was the biggest city, which only consisted of a thousand people on a good day. After 20 more minutes of riding, she finally arrived at the gates to the city. She dismounted her horse, and walked it inside, where it promptly died, falling over onto its side. She turned to it with cold eyes and walked over to a butcher just inside the gate. Jerking a thumb over her shoulder, she asked, "How much for that meat?" The man was clearly scarred of the the girl, even though he was nearly twice her size and 8 years older. "How about..." After selling off her dead horse and getting off her supplies from its carcass, she headed over to the Swinging Lantern tavern, the location where her master was to be located. Upon entering, she headed over to a side area that had a view of the door, and waited.

Movement, and preparations were part of what it took to be a great leader, and being able to catch a enemy unaware. Being able to strike fast, and being able to hit where the enemy doesn't think you can hit, are two parts about being victorious, even with less men. Still even with the speed of the attack, one needed to be prepared for ambushes and attacks. He would need help, and well he hoped that he was going to get it soon.

Miato was sitting in the main room of the clan's old castle, before he heard noise, he was going to go meet someone, and figured it would be best to meet this person away from his home. He gathered his things and left out onto the town. He smiled as he greeted various people on the way to the Tavern. They were his people after all, and well he wanted to show respect, he knew that if the people supported him, his handle on power would be far better then if they didn't. It was one of thing things he had learned from his studies.

He walked into the Tavern and walked to a seat in the back. The reason he sat back in the back his back to the wall, was simple. From this vantage point he could see everyone as they entered into the place. He could be able to spot any danger as it entered, something he had to always be aware of. He hoped that this ninja could help him with that.

Seeing her new benefactor enter the tavern, she waited for a little bit longer until going to meet him. As she studied him, he seemed at least a little cautious and aware of his situation. She sighed inwardly and decided they should get moving before other ninjas and assassins showed up. Standing silently, she floated over to him table and sat down quietly, pulling out a sealed letter from her father and handing it to him. Upon opening of the letter it read:

Musata Clan Member,

This is my daughter, Felixia, she will protect you and help with the revivification of your clan. She has been instructed to look after your health and body, to protect you from danger. She is at your command, instruct and she will obey without question. When your clan is revenged and restored...perhaps we can talk of a little...reward. Good luck in your travels, and more bodyguards will be sent in the future.

- Hiroshakiri Yurisaki

Felixia sat at the table, silent, and waited for Master to finish reading and give her her first instructions.

His dark brown eyes looked at everyone who entered into the room. He wondered who was sent to protect him. He knew that this was going to be rather important, his eyes traveled onto each and every new comer who entered into the room. He had no idea who to pick it up as he noticed a long dark haired woman, as she entered into the room. His eyes looked at her carefully, he noticed the letter, and took it.

He read over it quietly, so this was Hiro's little girl. He knew the man rather well, he had supported his father and been somewhat close to him. He looked at her and then looked back at the letter. He would have to reward him well in time. He smiled, as he looked at Felixia. He looked at her and smiled a bit.

"Well now, I think this will be interesting, we need to leave her fast, I have some planning to do, and I want you watching me," he commented looking at her, "then tomorrow I think we will get to see just how good you are," he added in a quiet tone so only she would be able to hear him as he made the comment.

He didn't want to talk to her, but he had been planning things out, for a while and he was going to need her help. He was going to strike at a convoy, a rather important. You see, he had been tracking one of the enemies of his family for a long time. He had been wanting to get even. This having a person with him, a ninja gave him the tools that he would need to take them down. He knew that they were taking a carriage threw the country the next day. He planned on having a strike on the foe. He wanted to eliminate them, and he wanted to also use it as a test to see just how good this girl was.

He figured that it would be a light target, and would tell him about the fighting abilities of the young woman. He could observer her abilities, and she what she was good at, and what she was weak at as well. He would need to know what types of missions she could to better, and what she needed to improve on as well.

The carriage would be traveling threw the country, an area with a lot of hills as well as with a lot of trees. There were plenty of places to hide as well as ambush the target from. He figured that the target would most likely have some defense around them, how much he wasn't sure, completely. Yet he had gotten info, that the guards on this trip would be rather light as it were. He figured at most 3 people, with a good chance of it just being a single guard with the target to make it not look like a target.

He looked at her and handed Felixia with the file quietly as he made sure to look around, "that is the basic information on the first mission that I want you to take," he said as he looked at her, "the file had the basic information about the missions, I would rather talk about the details alone not so many ears around," he said as he looked, and then looked at her again, "I want to see just what your father sent me, I need to see how good you are."

She took the file and nodded silently, tucking it into her robe before walking with her new lord to the stables. She took a horse that was offered to her and made herself comfortable as possible. With a nod, she started out of the city and out again into the country side, pulling out the file and reading it as they traveled. She noticed there was a map attached, and began to memorize the layout of the land. She also saw the path the target was to make, and decided on a point which would make the most of her skills. It would be in a narrow, choked point between a river and the forest. She held up the map to him and pointed to the area, before handing the file back to him and setting off to the point, completely memorized in her mind. She traveled quickly, hoping to get there well in advance of the carriage.

After several hours of travel, they arrived at the point, and she jumped off of her horse, letting it rest and refit itself. It wandered into the forest, and began eating at the grass and leaves. She smiled softly at the innocent creature, knowing its use was to be important later. She went about making a tripwire across the path, making sure the vines she used was strong enough to stop a horse. Next, she set up in a tree, where she stuck her daggers into the tree, ready for instant throwing. Sitting in her perch, she waited for the guards.

With the sun starting to set on the horizon, the target finally arrived, moving at a brisk pace across the roadway. Crouching up on the tree limb, she made sure to remain hidden as they barreled closer to the trap she had laid. Too late, the driver saw it and hauled back on the reins, making the horses trips and collapse all over each other, dragging the carriage onto its side. The driver was sprawled across the roadway, neck clearly snapped. She could hear movement in the cab, and remained still, letting the doors be kicked open, and two guards climbing out, wounded, but still able to fight. She picked up her daggers, and threw them like lightning, the blades punching through their neck and sternum respectively. They rolled off of the carriage, thumping into the ground. She walked forward and jumped cleanly out of the tree, landing on the cab, and looked down into it. A man in robes, with the bearing on a noble, looked up at her with fear as he tried to pull himself from under the wreckage. She pulled out her katar, and jumped inside, finishing her trap's work. After finishing him off, she looted him, pulling off his rings, necklace, and other physical identifiers. Jumping out of the wreck, she pulled out a match and set the wreck on fire, retrieving her weapons and also looting the guards. After cleaning the weapons, she walked back to her lord and kneeled before him, pulling out the jewelry from the noble and presenting it to him.

Miato watched as the action went down, he had hidden during the preparations, he watched the young woman work, wanting to see just how she worked. She took this very seriously, he could tell that very quickly. Her selection in terrain was rather good as well, it would be an ideal spot for an ambush, even in the zone he put in the notes it would be one of the best places in the area to have an ambush.

During the ambush, he watched from high point on a tree out of the way. He picked the spot so he could watch the ambush happen, and watch what went down as best as he could. It would be the best way to get a good idea of the skills of this young woman. It was going to be a good tell for him to see if she was worthy of work for him.

Then it happened the ambush was perfect, he knew she was a real pro, very good. He watched with a smile, as the long haired shinobi took down the group with a skill and exact procession that was very professional. He knew that despite her age, that she was a extremely skilled fighter, planner and was one he could trust.

He had moved down after the ambush started, and noticed Felixia walk up with the valuables after the strike. He gave her a half smile as he looked at her, it was a smile that showed his happiness in the outcome, without stating it to loudly and making it look like pride.

"Well, good, you passed the test, as it were, you are worth working for me," he said as he took the items and put them in a bag he had with him. He stopped and thought about something and then his small smile turned into a large grin.

"From now on you, are going to be my protection when I need it, you will be my eyes and my ears when I need that, and you will be my personal blade. You will be my tool to remake everything," he said calmly as he looked at her.

"Tomorrow I am heading to Edo, for a very important meeting, I am sure that there will be those who want to threaten me along the way, kill me for various reasons.Thus I will need protection during this mission one, you are my protection. I need you to not only protect me form ambushes like the one you just pulled, but I also will need you as my eyes and ears so I know what is happening before it happens, and what the people I am talking to are trying to hide in some cases."

She stood up after his speech and saluted, feeling some sense of accomplishment as she passed his little test. She went over to her horse again and mounted up, heading back with her Master to the city. Heading through the city back up to the old castle. Travelling through the castles gates, they dismounted and walked into the main hall. Since the night was well anchored in the region, Master peeled off and headed to his room. Following behind him, she stopped outside of his room and sat down outside, keeping watch. After several minutes, she entered a trance like state they shut down her brain mostly, but kept her alert.

Miato ,had never had his room guarded by a shinobi at night, but this was something he could get used too. He knew she would be prepared if anything happened, and she would be ready in the morning as well. He went to sleep soon after, feeling positive about the next day's events.

When he got up, he went out the door and saw her in her trance, he couldn't tell for a moment if she was a wake or asleep, but it was rather impressive. To be able to look like that was impressive. He went passed her towards the stables. He knew that they would have to leave early, they could eat on the way. He had his cooks prepare a meal in advance, and looked over the horse that he would be taking. It was going to be a interesting journey he thought to himself.

Getting up smoothly after he passed, she followed after him to the stables. Jumping up on her horse, she got comfortable and took the offered breakfast. Nibbling on it, she looked up into the night sky and wondered how long the servitude would last. Soon they were leaving the castle behind, heading out into the country side, travelling at a decent speed along the dirt roads. She kept her balance and continued to eat, trying to enjoy the meal despite the accommodations.

He rode his horse at a steady pace down the trail, his eyes looked around looked at the moon, which was full this night. Something that was nice, for it gave them more light to travel by, it also gave light to possible attackers as well. That was something he didn't like at all. He looked over at Felixia for a second and blinked, "So, Felixia, is there more to you then the ninja side," he asked calmly, figuring that some small talk would help him. He also knew that the better he knew her, the better they would work together.

She shook her head no, and continued to ride in silence. She scanned the treeline and looked up towards the sky. "We have a couple hours till sunrise." She said her first words to him and then lapsed back into silence. She increased the horse's pace and sat back, pulling out her katar. Singing softly to the blade, she polished it and resharpened it back into its razor edge.

He smiled as he looked at her and shook his head as she told him no. He nodded as he continued on horseback, nodding he knew that she was a very quiet young woman. He took out a stringed instrument and held it in his hands as he moved forward on his horse. He looked up at the moon for a second. He started to play, it was a good way in his mind to kill time. It was not a short trip and finding something to keep your active was something he liked doing very much. He started playing and played for a good while he noticed the terrain change.

He had a good idea that by the next morning. He thought about the meeting with the other leaders. He knew that the leader was a older man, a man who had control over a large amount of men and supplies, and if he would agree to help him, it would give him a very powerful ally, something his enemies wouldn't like at all.

Smiling a little bit bigger as he pulled out his instrument, she began to sing along to the song. Her voice drifted softly along the night air, filling it with a sweet melody that both warmed and chilled with its delicacy. Her rasping on her blade was a constant beat that the song melded into. She hopped that the next kunoichi would arrive soon and find them, she didn't want to work by herself that much longer. While singing, she kept looking around in alertness.

Tonya was riding on horse back looking for her new master. she soon heard someone up ahead and not sure whom it was drew her sword and charged ahead. she hoped she did not have to fight and that it was her new master. she came to to a stop and saw that it was and put her sword back. She then urged her horse on to meet up with them and said "master I have come from the dragon clan to aid you in what ever you chose".

Miato smiled himself when he heard the voice of his bodyguard. She had a good solid voice, it was sweet, and went with the harmonies that he played so well. She liked music, he made a mental note of that as he smiled as he continued. He wondered if they were going to get more aid along the way. He stopped the music when he heard something.

He saw another woman, and blinked as they rode toward her. Was she a friend or a enemy, he wondered to himself. His eyes focused on her as he held his instrument in one had. He heard her voice and smiled as he knew she was friendly. The dragon clan, had sent help, that was a rather good sign. He waved, "Yes, then you are right on time, we are heading to a meeting, this one is really important, I will fill you in as we go," he called out as he continued on the path.

She nodded to the other guard and stopped singing, turning to full bodyguard role. She watched everywhere for another rider, knowing another kunoichi wouldn't arrive that night. They continued riding, eventually seeing a city in the distance in the pre-morning haze. They continued riding, heading up to the gate and dismounting, handing the horses over to the stable boys and groomers. She followed after Master as they slowly made their way through town.

Tonya got down gave her horse one last pat before following after master. she looked at the other woman and made a mental note that she was a pretty thing. she did not say much as she followed after her master. she just watched the people in the town going about their lives checking for something that would not look right and out of place.

Miato looked around as he nodded to both of his body guards. His eyes trailed off into the city, he looked at the largest building in the sad city. His eyes focused as he looked at it for a moment, a dark gleam in his dark eyes. He knew what he was here to do, he didn't like who he was going to be talking to, but he had no choice when it came to stuff like that. Deal with that is in front of you, as he was told.

"That build, the large one, is the one were are going to, it is the main building of the clan who rules this whole city," he commented calmly, "they are who I am here to meet with, I am sure there will be others around to make sure that I either don't make it there, or that I don't leave this place alive, so you both will want to keep very much alert right now."

Tonya agreed and said "yes master". she then turned her focus back to the city and all the people in it. she kept one hand on her sword and she swore she could feel her tattoo burn into her flesh aching to be used . she knew she must not use it now for it would give them away to whom ever did not want them to be here.

She didn't acknowledge his comments and just kept watch, looking around the street as they advanced. She saw several shadows detach themselves from a side alley and enter the main stream of people. She got close to the other girl, "Be right back, we have company, keep guarding him." She blended away and headed into an alley, blending in till they passed. Then she shadowed them, moving in close to them before stabbing them in the back and dumping them quietly into the alleys, taking anything that might identify them. After a couple minutes of working, she glided back behind master and nodded. "Company is gone."

He looked at both and nodded as he smiled just a bit, a professional,but kind smile. "Well now, good work," he commented as he walked into the large castle grounds. His eyes looked around focusing on anything he could possibly notice. He noticed the guards and nodded as he passed into the building. He walked threw the fanciful hallways all the way to the back where a man was sitting.

"Well, now, I am sorry to tell you but the Lord is asleep at this moment, we can show you three your rooms if you want," the man said in a bit to friendly manor as he looked at the three, "well we have three nice rooms for you all,' he commented to which Miato nodded.

"when will he be ready," Miato asked quietly as he smiled at the man, making sure to be diplomatic at the moment.

"6 or 7 hours, is my guess, but he will be ready for you, we were not expecting you at this hour," the man replied as he motioned them to the direction of the rooms.

Tonya heard they were to be in three rooms and went up to her master and whispered "want me to stand guard outside of your room to make sure they are not trying to separate us ". She hoped he would agree to her terms. She did not like to be away from her master in a place she did not know well. She did not want any one thinking they had a chance to kill him if she could help it.

Miato nodded to the comment, she had a very good point, if he was away from his guards. Then they could pick them off one by one. That was most logical, actually, "good thinking, that sounds like a really good plan," he replied in a whisper. He knew that his guards were the best, that if they were on duty the odds of the king's men trying something were far less.

Miato followed the man as he led him to one of the rooms down the hall where he left him. The room was in the middle of the hall. He told the others that their rooms were on either side of his own room, before leaving to return to work.

When Miato went into his room, he would find a little note on the table that said... Dear Master, I am here form the snake and gryphon clan to help guard and protect you. Just yell out my name if you need me becuase I am sitting above the panel's in the roof above you. I will come to your rescue instant... my life and body are yours to command... Andol.

If the master looked up he would see a small gap bettewen two of the roof panel's which was where Andol was looking down form. It was hard to notice for someone who didn't know it was there... yet Andol had told his master so he was sure the other man would find it... the only thing that made him nervous was wethier or not the master would accept him. Plus Andol was also worried about wethier not he would get suprised attacked by the other two ninja's before the master was able to call them off and let them know that he was a friend. He smiled softly as he looked down at the master, and the thoughts of just wanting to care for the other male began to run through his head...

Miato did in fact notice the letter on the table and read it, as he made a mental note. So that was on more shinobi who would be a guard. Hmm, this was going to be interesting. He knew he was going to have to inform the others about this, but he was sure they were expecting more help anyhow.

He walked over to the table and took out a piece of paper from his bag and started to write up the alliance that the king of this land would sign. This agreement would give Miato a save eastern front. That would mean he would have a free hand in moving west, and expanding his influence in that direction. That was something that was very much to his own liking. He knew that too, the other kingdoms were most likely to send people to get rid of him before this could happen. This was why he so needed the help from the bodyguards. He was trained well in fighting, but shinobi were a different type of warrior, and if he had to focus on the diplomatic side of things, there was no way he could be prepared to handle possible attacks perfectly. He thought about the angles the shinobi were taking, he knew where Andol was, he also knew where Tonya was at the moment, that would work well, their area of defense worked well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom