Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can it really happen? (Crazyfun x Camryn Draik)

Fiendish

Meteorite
Zane scoffed, "Come on uncle I am 23 already, why in the hell do I have to play piano at your bar?" he asked knowing it was just his punishment for not visiting the man enough and he wouldn't actually say no. No answer came on the phone though, unless you call hanging up an answer and Zane just fell back onto his bed. He had been busy the night before and had slept for most of the day thinking he could just be lazy. He looked over at the clock on his wall, there wasn't that much time until his uncle wanted him there and he still needed a shower. He jumped up with a large sigh and went to get himself ready. The truth was he needed the money as well, his frivolous spending in the pursuit of men and women alike drained him of his resources during the summers in between his college days.

He got himself ready, dressed in something not really suited for a high class bar but it wasn't really of importance to him at this point. He was dressed in some jeans, sneakers, and a white t-shirt. He went to the door and grabbed his keys, wallet, and phone from the table before heading out. He got in his car and drove the 20 minutes to the bar, it was a nice place in a busy area and most of their clientele were richer folks or anyone who wanted a nice clean environment to enjoy some music and a drink. Zane had been here before, never as an employee though, always to have a few free drinks or to talk with his uncle about various things. It was a bit nerve wracking.

He didn't just sit in his car though, he stepped out and went inside taking a left towards his uncles office. When he walked in his uncle was sitting with a smile plastered on his face, "I knew you would come, your almost late though... And those clothes..." he said looking his nephew up and down for a moment before going over to a small closet in the corner where he kept some changes of clothes. He picked out a white button-up and threw it over to Zane, "At least wear that. Anyways, you need to get ready to go up and play, you do one song then 10 minutes before the next song and you do that until you have played 4 songs. The house band will play in between your sets and such so pick some good songs..." he said with a smirk and shooed his nephew out.

Zane just listened not opening his mouth as she slipped he button-up over his shirt, leaving the top two buttons undone and rolling his sleeves a bit before heading out of the office area and towards the actual bar. There were plenty of patrons tonight and he was a bit nervous as he scanned the room from the doorway. He didn't wait long though, it was time for his set and he went up to the piano, his looks not really that of a pianist and people were of course talking among themselves about whether or not he would be able to play. That always annoyed him, if they waited a few minutes the whispers would be irrelevant. Ignoring it he began to play, the music causing everyone still talking to be silent. When he was finished with his set applause echoed out and he walked over to the bar and ordered a scotch still looking at the crowd.

Karik pulled on his jacket over his shirt. His black hair tied back into a pony tail. He grabbed his keys and other essentials for work. It was pretty early but he had to get the bar cleaned and everything before most of the customers arrived.

It only took him about forty minutes to get there and he spent a good ten or fifteen minutes cleaning up the bar from where drinks had been spilled. His boss told him that his nephew would be coming in to play piano tonight. He wasn't sure if this would be a permanent set up of if it would just be temporary. He shrugged it off as the first wave of customers came in.

About a half hour later is when he noticed a blond that came in on occasion on his shift. He hadn't seen him too often. Normally it was on Liam's shift that the manager's nephew came in. "This will be an interesting night." Karik muttered to himself.

Zane turned looking at the bartender and when he saw the man he smirked. The man in front of him was a rare sight, a handsome and very attractive man whom Zane now had his eyes on. Of course it was his uncles place so he couldn't blatantly come out and say it like usual but he could have a little fun, besides her would be here for awhile playing the piano, there was no rush. He just stared for a moment and then noticed a waitress coming to get drinks for one of her tables. He turned to her and with his most charming smile asked, "So tell me, who is the bartender with the ponytail?" She was obviously taken in by his charm and smiled back before answering, "That is Karik, he usually isn't on shift when you come in to drink."

Zane nodded in thanks and turned back to the bar, he wanted to talk a bit to Karik, his interest peaked but he had to go back up in just a minute to play another set. He decided to wait until he had finished for the night before talking to the man, his attention turning back to the house band who were finishing up their piece which signaled him to go back up on stage to the piano. He stood for this next piece, it was a stronger piece than his last and he played it to perfection, the loud booming keys rising into a crescendo at the finish.

His little act continued with him doing a piece going over to the bar to sip on a drink and stare at the bartender who by now had probably noticed his wandering eyes, and then going back again. It was his last piece though and to end his first night he decided to play a very soft gentle piece, something not really his style. He didn't dissapoint though playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and ending the musical part of his night on a soft note. When done applause rang out once again, a sound he could get use to, and he descended off stage and to the bar.

This time though he sat in a seat right in front of Karik whom he just smiled at, "Could you get me a scotch on the rocks?" he asked his charming smile a little more devious as opposed to earlier. He was off the clock now and he was ready to flirt with Karik, it would be an interesting night indeed.

Karik smiled some as he heard the piano start up for the third time this evening. Cayla, a blonde waitress that was manning the floor, walked back up for a various selection of drinks to offer to the customers. "Hey Karik, I think you've got an admirer." She said with a grin.
"What do you mean?" He asked finishing up the last drink before helping her load her tray.
"Zane, the pianist. He was askin' about you." She said softly. Karik raised a brow but didn't say anything as Caylee headed back out to the floor.

After the last time that Zane was up on stage the dark haired one was serving up drinks left and right. Before he knew it the blonde was in front of him asking for a drink. He nodded. "Just a moment." He said as he finished with two more orders and then started on Zane's. Alot of the guests were starting to leave. This ment that it had to be going on about midnight. He slid the drink down the bar to the pianist and smiled.

Zane took the drink and returned the smile before taking a sip. His eyes never left the man though letting him know he was being watched. Zane was not shy by any means, anyone who knew him including his uncle knew his like for men and women alike. In this instance his attractions were towards Karik. He continued to drink but he tried to strike up a conversation with the man despite seeing how busy he was, it would cool down soon though, most people left around 12 to 1 since the music stopped shortly after. "Tell me Karik, why haven't I seen you behind the bar before?" he asked knowing the answer but it was a good way to start off, of course what he really wanted to do was take the guy home but that would come in the future, it was his uncles place after all. He had turned his attention completely by then though, his eyes focused on the man. His uncle probably wouldn't like this of course having his nephew hit on staff but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Karik paused and looked at him. He finished with the next few drinks that he was mixing and looked around for a minute to make sure that no other customers where headed to the bar. After he was sure that they weren't he walked over to him. "You never come in when I'm on duty." He said simply.

When Karik walked over to him Zane merely smirked, he had got at least a bit of attention from the bartender and he wasn't going to let that go to waste. "Well I think I will, I wasn't so sure about the piano gig but now sticking around seems like a fun time..." she said leaning in a bit closer and finishing his drink. "Want to get me one more?" he asked with a wink before leaning back with a confident grin on his face. It wasn't that he thought he was the hottest guy in here or that he would get anyone he wanted it was just he knew he was above average.

Of course his uncle was walking around now so he didn't say anything else for the moment. His uncle walked over and handed him an envelope, "This would be your payment for tonight... How about coming around for a few weeks and making some more?" he asked looking at his nephew with a bit of hope. Zane took a deep breath and quickly peeked over at Karik, "Yeah, I think I can come around for awhile, until I get what I have my eye on" he said looking at the money inside the envelope and putting it into his pocket, though his true want was Karik and that was what he was going to really work for.

Karik let out a soft, 'sure' in response. The guy wasn't bad looking or anything but he had other things to worry about. As he saw the last small group of people head for the door he pulled out his pony tail, letting his hair fall freely. As he did his boss walked over to the blonde to hand him his pay for the evening.

Karik walked back over with the glass in hand and walked away again to start cleaning up the few glasses that were still out in the small sink he had behind the bar.

Back
Top Bottom