Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

City of Sal Tora (OOC Request/Co-Ordination Thread)

Ariella

Planetoid
This setting will be loosely like Law & Order S.V.U. (but not a fandom type thing, that's only a comparison), with officers investigating sexual crimes that have been commited. I will be playing the role of GM, directing the stories and providing the clues (via PM to the relevant officer to 'find' or as a faceless station officer giving results for some test or other). The only regular character I have will be that of the officer in charge of the unit who will only speak up when there is a serious problem, otherwise I will be various 'as needed' NPCs or background, but still essential to the story, characters that there are no extras for. RP will feature as if it were a TV show since I feel this will allow for an easier introduction to each crime to be investigated.

This OOC thread will be the only 'static' thread for the RP. RPs will be handled through individual group threads for each one due to the number of people per scene.

The RPs will be either 1 team (2 officers) or 2 teams (4 officers), although occasionally a 1 team scene may get assistance from a second team. Other scenes may 'escalate' and require a second team joining to provide sufficient manpower.

Roleplays will flow with:
Opening scene with the victim becoming the victim, followed by the initial call to the unit by the police on scene, or direct (depending on crime type)

Officers only will put their bios here, but anyone can ask questions here about the RP in general. PM the appropriate person if you have a question for that specific person, otherwise it will be assumed to be open to the group.

Officers will not get overloaded with scenes, meaning that they can only be investigating one crime at a time, although they may (if needed) become involved in the scene of the other team for assistance.

Unless otherwise discussed with me first, there will be no exceptions to any of the following:

1) With the exception of the main police officers, there will be no recurring player controlled characters.

2) No 'single officer' investigations, all officers must have a partner to team with. This does not mean one cannot handle one part of an investigation (such as discussing the scene with the officer in charge and the witness/victim/etc, while the other looks around).

3a) No investigations outside of the immediate city jurisdiction (outlined below) unless 'proper protocol' is followed, that is, contacting the relevant jurisdiction (npc'd by me, RPed as having the station/precinct contact the other station/precinct) you want to go to and requesting to have the appropriate action taken. An example for this would be if a suspect is believed to have gone to another town/city/etc, and want the police of that command area to investigate that lead.

3b) City Jurisdiction and location.
Fictional city of Sal Tora in southern California.

The CBD of Sal Tora is in the almost geographic center of the city, stretching west towards the coast, where 2 blocks in from the coast itself forms the area known as the Docklands. The Docklands stretch for the majority of the coast within the city.

South of the CBD is the suburb of Del Samos. Lower class, barely above poverty level. Drugs and petty crime common, prostitution a way of life for some women here.

To the south east of Del Samos, and stretching up to the south eastern corner of the CBD is Stanham, a lower to middleclass suburb. Below average crime levels for it's demographic, however the crimes it gets tend to be of 'high' news interest, such as violent home invasions, abductions, etc.

West of the CBD and immediately above Stanham is Green Valley, a middle class suburb, almost no crime at all. Vandalism is the most frequent issue. Quiet people, quite staunchly religious for the main part.

Above Green Valley, to the north west of the CBD is The Grove, colloquially called 'Rich Bitch Central' by the people of Del Samos and Stanham. A lot of the cities upper class live here. Most properties have 9 foot tall fences an expensive security systems, the only crimes these people tend to report ar the eggings they get from time to time. Some of the seedier element of Sal Tora live here too, although it is kept well out of sight.

North of the CBD, and on the other side of a large hill that is too steep to build on, is the industrial area. Officially named West Grove, it is called The Wastelands by everyone not referring to it in official statements, verbal or written.

The first RP will start when I have:
* 4 officers (I want at least 1 female officer, due to sex crimes mostly targeting women and kids.)
I have 2 officers, so only 2 more spots if you want to be a regular main character)
* Those officers have told me who their regular partner will be of the other 3
* Three people willing to play 'disposable' characters (crime investigation comes to an end and those characters are not heard from again, next story starts, those people take up a new character) and their preference order list of victim (and the type of victim, such as teenage abduction, rape, etc, I may also combine these types in scenes as well), perpetrator, witness.

When I have that, I will start the thread and PM the thread link to all involved.

Back
Top Bottom