Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

AU Naruto Idea/possible Coordination

The Legend of the Gutsy Ninja: AU Naruto Role-play Group Coordination

This is a role-play idea based on a one x one rp I had involving alternate universe Naruto setup, and have decided to expand upon it to make a broader world where more people could interact and take advantage of descriptive play and have fun. While the basic structure of the story is in mind, details are not one-hundred percent fleshed out and for those who would take a serious interest in this idea, suggestions are more than welcomed. That said there are going to be several distinct changes to the storyline as it is in manga/anime and the major ones are: Naruto’ s personality, Hinata’s personality, the age of graduation for genin, Uzumaki Kushina will be living, the structure of team seven, genin will have personal instructors along with their Jounin sensei, and of course missions/interactions [including the Uchiha Massacre]

The Story Idea:

Fifteen years ago the Yondaime Hokage, Namikaze Minato, was watching over the seal of his wife (whom he had married in secret) ,Uzumaki Kushina, as she was giving birth to their son. Being the second container of the Kyuubi no Kitsune, it was imperative that everything was done correctly to ensure the safety of their newborn son and his beloved Kushina. However, everything doesn’t always go as planned. During the ritual a mysterious masked shinobi made his attack and released the Kyuubi no Kitsune from Kushina by holding his son as a hostage; luckily however, Minato’s Hirashin no Jutsu allowed him to get the strong willed woman to the hospital while he took his newborn son with him to the battlefield. There he would go down in history as the man who had defeated the Kyuubi no Kitsune, most believing he had killed the powerful creature, when in reality he had sealed it into his son…not realizing how he had truly condemned the boy he wished for the village to see as a hero…expecting his wife to be there to protect him.

After the incident a meeting between the shinobi and civilian council would take place regarding the life of a one Uzumaki Naruto, the third container of the kyuubi, while his mother was still unconscious and being treated in the hospital. The Sandaime Hokage was one of the few people who knew the secret relationship between the Yondaime and Kushina as well as his will, that Naruto not be let in on his heritage until he was old enough and strong enough to protect himself from his father’s enemies; he had planned on using this as means to let Kushina take him away…but for the first time in over fifty years he had lost to his rival, Himua Danzo, in a battle of wits. Danzo’s intelligence was far greater than what his one time rival for the seat of Hokage had realized and he was well aware of the boy’s relationship to the yondaime, the stipulations on revealing that information, as well as Kushina’s current physical health. In a plot to undermine his former teammate and ensure the safety of the village, Danzo had devised a plan to make Naruto into the strongest weapon in the Elemental Nations…and the key to this was not through his ROOT methods, but through shattering his will of fire.

He had explained the plan of action to those present. The idea was to make Naruto a living orphan, since Kushina’s health was precarious at best, and allow a certain level of abuse to take place on his life where the sandaime and shinobi council would intervene on his behalf as ‘heroes’ to the boy. This would make Naruto dependent on their will, approval, and direction for his life as well as allowing the villagers to express their pain and suffering through he was to become the power of a living sacrifice. Naruto would then be allowed to join the Academy at the age that proper and have a certain level of sabotage in his work that would require him to seek out ‘proper’ guidance from those in authority, further allowing him to become the tool and weapon they desired him to be. With the container of the kyuubi under the will of the shinobi council, and the beloved sandaime, the village’s safety was ensured.

Needless to say the Sandaime was outraged and moved in a motion to vote against the idea of turning the boy into a forced orphan. He was practically village royalty; however, by a blood oath he was unable to defend his true heritage, Kushina was unconscious, and Jiraiya had not yet made it back to the village…so Naruto’s only defense was the Sandaime…and the tides of this political battler were against him. All of the civilian council had voted in favor and all but the Nara and Hyuuga clans approved of the plan for the boy, and as such, forced Naruto into a lifestyle of allowed pain and suffering for “the sake of the village.” When Kushina awoke and learned of the truth she was outraged; however, her chakra coils were damaged when the Kyuubi was ripped from her and it would take years before she had the level of ability she once had…years before she could literally fight to get her boy back and by that time it would be too late.

Jiraiya on the other hand, when he had arrived to learn of his latest failure, could not bear the guilt and shame. Had he been there he would have been able to save his godson from this perilous future, but together with Kushina, had decided they would make the village pay for their deeds where it hurt them the most…and with what they needed the most during this time of reconstruction. As the legal wife of the Yondaime, she put his accounts and liquid assets on a hold, preventing a substantial amount of money from flowing through the village’s infrastructure. Jiraiya had diverted the funds from his book that went to supporting the village to a trust fund for Uzumaki Naruto that was only able to be distributed by the Sandaime or Uzumaki Kushina, who was ordered not to reveal her connection to the boy until he came of age…at the age of fifteen. Because of these recent string of events, the shinobi forces had to be reorganized in order to keep Konohagakure in the top five of the Elemental Nations; the shinobi academy program now spent more time preparing adequate ninja from the ages of eight to the age of graduation at fifteen. A team of genin would consist of three graduates and a jounin sensei as normally, but each genin would be assigned a shinobi during their last four years as a mentor once a specialization was apparent.

As for the Uchiha Massacre, the Sandaime was able to come across the orders the council were giving to Itachi and had made a meeting with Fugaku along with Jiraiya and Itachi at his side. During this meeting for peace, Uchiha Madara had made his presence known to them and lead his misguided family against the village causing the deaths of all but a few (Fugaku included) who would alter follow him to join Akatsuki, Itachi would become the new head of the Uchiha Clan as the last loyal male of age, Sasuke would be the heir at current, and their mother was the matron of the clan with a few loyal members to the village having stayed behind. News of Uchiha Madara’s involvement were covered up and it was simply stated to have been a civil war within the clan in which Itachi had managed to stop a coup by his traitor of a father.

This story begins roughly around the same time as the anime during the graduation exam period. As per the cannon, Naruto had failed previously, and was on his third attempt. However, while other students were progressing to genin and low chuunin level with their personal instructors, he was the only one who assigned no one. Hatake Kakashi had attempted many times to reach out to be the one who would train Naruto, but was block due to the council’s efforts, Kushina could do no more for her child for fifteen years than protect him from mobs, give him lunches, and buy him books and materials as the “really nice pretty lady” instead of being his mother, and Jiraiya was not allowed to train his godson until after he had graduated. This lifestyle and treatment had left Naruto to become unconfident, weak-willed, timid, shy and yet…he still burned with the idea of becoming a Hokage greater than his hero the Yondaime. After failing this last time due to the cannon reasons, he goes after the Forbidden Scroll of Sealing as in the anime; however, not only does he learn the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu…but also a technique that was his birthright to begin with, The Rasengan, much to the council’s displeasure.

The story opens up with the teams meeting up with their Jounin Sensei and the new Team Seven lead by Hatake Kakashi holding the rookie of the year, kunoichi of the year, and deadlast: Uchiha Sasuke, Hyuuga Hinata, and Uzumaki Naruto!
Events from this point will be a mixture of cannon, original plot work due to obvious changes, and member interaction. Below denotes changes in characters personalities and who their personal sensei may be as well as roles to keep in mind for this setup.

Characters with Major Changes: [Plot Relevant]

“Namikaze” Uzumaki Naruto [taken by moi]
Container of the Kyuubi
Personality: Think Hinata Hyuuga from the manga/Anime
Potential: Kage Level
Family: Uzumaki Kushina (unknown), Jiraiya of the sannin (unknown), Namikaze Minato (unknown)
Future Personal Sensei: Jiraiya of the Sannin
Jounin Sensei: Hatake Kakashi
Love interest: Hyuuga Hinata [whether later or immediate unsure]

Hyuuga Hinata
Personality: A mixture of Kushina’s and Anko’s
Potential: A-Rank to low S-Rank Shinobi
Family: Hyuuga Hiashi, Hyuuga Hanabi, Hyuuga Neji, and Hyuuga Clan Members
Personal Sensei: Anko Mitarashi and Uzumaki Kushina [mentor]
Jounin Instructor: Hatake Kakashi
Love Interest: Uzumaki Naruto [from before the academy.]

Uchiha Sasuke
Personality: Stoic, perceptive, quiet, slightly arrogant but not as much as in the cannon. Rather than being obsessed with killing Itachi he has a desire to bring honor back to the clan by killing his rogue father and becoming an ANBU Captain.
Personal Sensei: Hatake Kakashi
Jounin Sensei: Hatake Kakashi
Love Interest: Up to you

Uzumaki Kushina
Class: Former S-rank; current B-Rank Ninja
Specialty: Fuinjutsu; ninjutsu; kenjutsu
Personality: Same as Cannon with a hint more maturity, depression, and weight on her soul due to the circumstances involving her child. Hateful to the council, and loyal only to Naruto and the Sandaime, Jiraiya and Kakashi. Had a soft spot for a Hyuuga Hinata after seeing the girl take up for her son before their academy days and has mentored her.
Student: Hyuuga Hinata [mentor], Tenten [Sensei]
Love Interest: Namikaze Minato [deceased]

Jiraiya of the Sannin
Class: S-rank Shinobi
Title: Toad Sage and Sannin
Specialty: Ninjutsu; Fuinjutsu; Summoning; Sage Arts
Personality: I envision Jiraiya to be mostly like he was in the anime but with a heavier heart due to his last personal failure. When he come into Naruto’s life I see him trying his best to heal his godson’s heart and prepare him into the shinobi he was born to be rather than what the council to be; I want to see whoever plays Jiraiya show the character’s strength of will, spirit, and genius while having him haunted by his mistakes while trying to rectify them through his pupil and godson. Hates the village after what they did to Kushina and Naruto and is only loyal to the Sandaime, Kushina, Naruto, and Kakashi.
Student: Uzumaki Naruto [personal Sensei]

Sandaime Hokage
Class: S
Specialty: Everything
Personality: I want to see Hiruzen more firm than he was in the manga/anime due to the events that happened fifteen years ago. It was a wake-up call to his senses as a leader and is more forceful in his efforts against Danzo and the council, bringing back the feared strength he had when he was considered the professor.
These are the main changes so far. As for others I think I can work with those who are interested in joining, if any and see where things go.

**If anyone is actually interested let me know and if we get enough people we can get things going. Looking for those interested and strong at writing to help develop plot further.

Awesome. I am still in the process of working out the other characters [main one important for part one of this rp] out, but if there is someone that you are looking to play let me know and I'll place you on a roster. If you're looking to be intricately tied to the story I would reccommend Sasuke, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Itachi, Orochimaru, Madarra, or Nagato.

Also, if you have anyone who is willing to take the time to join this and or help with updating things let me know (or if you yourself are interested) and make suggesstions here, questions, or pm me.

Until the main cannon characters are filled I don't want to take in OC's just yet, but they will be allowed. However, if you do not mind doubling as a cannon character for story purposes you can take up an OC off the bat.

Good. I shall take a canon as well then...
Just a quick thing I was trying to bounce an OC off of. I've actually been wanting to try this in a RP for quite some time.

Kakashi actually does have a son. However, he was abandoned into a river at birth. Kakashi's son was mentally disfigured and a tad physically as well. Kakashi did not want his som to have to grow up in Hell on earth, since it would be nearly impossible to survive with such handicaps. So he put his son in a river to drown.

By some off chance, the son was found by a different group. After growing up, the physical disability faded completely. However, the said mental handicap was still there. It wasn't autism, no, not even learning disabilities. What he was left with was insanity. Psychoticism.

I will take Sasuke, if you don't mind, by the way. If this OC is to work, I need someone else playing Kakashi.

I'll allow it. Send me the information about Kakashi's son via PM. Along with it, send me a sample post of what you imagine Sasuke the way I have him detailed above would be like in either a team meeting, with his brother, or training with Kakashi that being his personal instructor and I'll add you on the list. [Ahead of time. Good to have someone officially join. Bring others if you can. ^^]

Oh..my..god. You are insaaaaanely awesome. If it's still open I'd -adore- playing a less..annoying Hinata that will actually achieve something other than growing big boobs. It annoyed the hell out of me that all she really did was grow boobs and get destroyed by Pein for mooore of Naruto's plot armor.

Anyway, I'd love to play her, if it's not taken and this is still open. ^^

Back
Top Bottom