Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

We only learn as much as we are able to believe.

Neil frowned. There was something inherently disturbing about that - being inside of someone else, feeling them. Or just melding into one being. Disturbing but incredibly intriguing. That could take masochism to a whole new level. Neil swallowed and took a drink of his water, looking over at Dominic. "I don't really get it," he admitted. "I don't suppose I can without... understanding what it's like to be a necromancer, which I'm not in any hurry to do." He snorted, then reached for the menu.

"I'm curious, though. That's one way to have some really kinky sex. Did you want to order dessert?" Neil was happy either way - part of him wanted to just get out of there and go fuck. Another part of him enjoyed dragging out the sexual tension for as long as possible.

"No, you wouldn't. Generally, the stronger personality ends up in control... We were equal, so..." It had worked well enough. "It was like a mirror? But doubled. Being one, but also two. It doesn't make much sense in words," Dominic admitted with a smile and a shrug. "With others though, I seem to always overshadow them. Nothing but myself, and I am not that self-obsessed." Most people had a little flame, but Dominic could blaze. If that word could be applied to darkness.

"I suppose kinky is one way to cover it." Since it was the intensity that mattered, not the actual feeling, it often ended up that way. "Nothing really caught my eye, to be honest. You?" Avoiding letting the birds have more sugar too. That was totally the motivation. Who was it he was trying to kid?

"I guess that means you're pretty good at what you do?" Neil asked. "Pretty powerful?" Why the fuck was that a turn on? Holy hell, there was something wrong with him. When Dominic decided he didn't want dessert, Neil closed the menu again, going from passive to eager. He knew what an early end to dinner meant - Dominic wanted him. Which was absolutely fantastic, because he wanted Dominic a great deal. He put the menus away and looked over at the other male.

"Nothing that I want, I'm pretty full," he said. He decided to leave the 'and I want you to take me home and fuck me stupid' out of it for now. Neil waved a waiter over for the bill, looking at Dominic, studying him slowly. Yes, definitely someone that he wanted. He put his half of the meal down plus a generous tip. "You ready to go?"

"Let's just say that it's very difficult for me to get a visa. To anywhere." No one really wanted necromancers in their country. Terrible historical reputation, and not entirely undeserved. For every one living an ordinary life, there was some insane historical figure like, say, Vlad the Impaler.

"Yep." Since they were still wet, Dominic picked up the birds by hand, sweeping them up into a jacket pocket. He added his share to the bill before getting up. "They really like baths, the silly things. You have no idea how exciting it was when they first discovered what showers do..."

"I bet," Neil said. Of all users to take an interest in, it had to be a necromancer - they were one of the most talked about, most controversial and most taboo users out there. Except Dominic didn't seem that bad - just a reasonable guy with kind of a weird job. Or a weird talent. Then again, he was very responsible about all of it in a way that some users just wouldn't be.

Neil stood up, pulling his jacket on. "That's cute," he said. "If they're cute now, I bet they were adorable when they were babies. And annoying. I can't think of anything cuter and more annoying than cute little baby birds that are far too smart for their own good and keep sticking their beaks into everything." He headed for the door, glancing back at Dominic.

Dominic stuck his hand in the pocket to keep it open enough for them. "Like having children, I suppose, but no one threatens to call the social services if you catch them and put them in a cage." Though they were likely to bite extra hard when let out afterwards. Not that he had actually put them in a cage since the flying-into-windows time. Dominic knew way better than that... As if cages worked for things which had worked to take shortcuts through other realms. It was just a joke these days.

Strangely good to have the fresh air on his face as he got back to the car. Recalling his past affairs did add an extra layer of anticipation to it all. Dominic caught Neil with a hand around his waist and pulled him close suddenly, leaning forwards to kiss him.

"Hah, would doing that even work?" Neil asked, getting into the car. He went to put his belt on, not expecting Dominic to kiss him. It took him by complete surprise. He leaned into it, naturally taking the other man's lead, letting himself be pulled in. Neil opened his mouth, allowing Dominic to take charge of the kiss, sliding a hand into the other man's hair and pulling him closer - submissive, but not passive.

He pulled back, just looking at Dominic, something hot squirming in his stomach. Fuck, he was ready. And they had to actually get to his place, yet. He pulled his seatbelt on (without interruption, this time) and started the engine, pulling out of the parking lot a little too fast. He was eager to get home. "You're doing pretty well so far."

He tasted Neil's lips and mouth, pressing his tongue against Neil's. Whiskey. How very manly. Someone else messing up his hair too, excellent. Dominic had to smile as he pulled away.

"You sure you can make it home in this state?" He would have been tempted to touch Neil more, if the other wasn't driving. Cars might be horrible and cramped places for actual intimacy, but they could be amusing for teasing someone. Crashing into a lamp post, or risking it, would not have been a good ending for anything, however.

"This better not be far."

"I've made it home worse off," Neil admitted. He had a little bit of a thing for public teasing - he'd driven home with a hard-on before. He'd driven home so fucking horny he didn't know what do do with himself. Thankfully, his level of arousal came in under that tonight. He still drove home a little quicker than he should have done.

"Not too far."

He was telling the truth, too - within ten minutes, he pulled into a parking spot assigned to an apartment building (Neil probably could have afforded a house, but he didn't need one - it was just him). He booked it out of the car, shutting the door behind him and waiting for Dominic to follow before he locked it.

"Second floor," he said, already diving up the stairs, keys in hand. He opened his door, dragged Dominic inside (he was careful of the birds and shoot the door behind him). The flat was cluttered - not exactly messy, but full of things. He hadn't moved in years, and stuff tended to accumulate. Embarrassingly, there was a plate, a take out box and a mug on the coffee table, but he ignored it.

"Sorry about the mess," he said. "Drink?"

So many pointless things, that Dominic had to stop for a moment to take it in. His own place merely had a few bookshelves and a bed, or something close to that. 'Stuff' was irritating, when you needed space to work spells, or when you were looking for small fluffy things that were in a bad mood and hiding. Not exactly bird-safe, this place. (Goddammit, he needed to stop trying to look after them so much. They could take care of not only themselves, but of him too.)

"Ah, just some water." Now that he was here, his mouth felt a little dry... Dominic found a place to hang up his jacket and wandered in behind Neil into the place.

Predictably, the birds decided to discover how dusty the window-sills were, and just what was in the box and the mug. Curiosity killed the cat was a stupid proverb - whoever invented it should have met parrots. Then they'd know exactly what inexhaustible curiosity was.

"Water, right," Neil said, his eyes flicking over to the birds when they decided to explore his favourite mug. Neil made a face and went to go get Dominic a glass of water, pouring a generous glass of scotch for himself in an attempt to settle his nerves. He downed half of it in one go before heading back to Dominic and handing him the glass of water. Neil looked around. Sometimes, having a new person over was... illuminating. Suddenly, he could see his apartment through someone else's eyes - messy, a little cramped, too much stuff. He took another swallow of scotch.

"So," he said. "I'm not very good at being a good host, but we already ate, so I mean, do you want coffee and something sweet or do you just want to-" He cut himself off and gestured to the bedroom, swallowing hard before downing the rest of his scotch, looking over at Dominic.

Dominic shrugged and smiled at the unimpressed expresssion on face Neil made at the birds. No doubt that Neil would be finding little green and yellow feathers everywhere for weeks after. At least Neil could be happy they had agreed not to watch.

"What's the stiff drink for?" Dominic asked, amused. He took a few sips of water and put it to the side. "Scared?" he teased. He reached to touch the side of Neil's face, then curled his fingers around the back of Neil's neck and pulled him close for a kiss. Just a little one, then licked Neil's lower lip to catch the taste of alcohol. Hm. He drank it so rarely that he had to wonder what people saw in it.

"Nervous," Neil corrected. "I'm a little nervous." Still, he went willingly into the kiss, parting his lips. He pulled back, but not far, puffing a breath out against Dominic's lips. He was reluctant to back off further, but he did, depositing his empty glass onto the coffee table and just looking at Dominic. "It's been a while since I've done this with someone knew," he admitted. "Especially someone I really have to see again, even if everything goes horribly wrong." He wanted it, though - it shone in his eyes how much he wanted it.

Admitting that he was fucking terrified of just having sex with someone he met that day would be utterly embarassing. "Me too. A bit. I don't normally just jump into bed with someone... Usually I take a while." Dominic smiled, feeling a little shy all of a sudden. Most of the time he moved at glacial speed: flirting for at least a week, going on a few dates first, being decidedly gentlemanly and irritatingly unavailable.

"Don't worry about my... Professionalism." In case it all went horrifically wrong, Dominic definitely wouldn't make a public mess. "So how do you normally do this?" He wasn't entirely sure what he wanted to do with Neil now, even if he did like being here, and he did like being so close to someone again.

"Normally, the dom takes charge," Neil teased. He stepped closer, pressing another kiss to Dominic's lips before carefully extricating the glass from his hands. He smirked at the other, then went into the kitchen to find a saucer, putting a little water in it and putting it on the coffee table for the birds before he grabbed Dominic's hand and tugged him toward the bedroom.

"This is about the part where you take control and fuck my brains out," he said, sending a look back at his partner. He shut the bedroom door behind him and pushed Dominic up against it, leaning in and just breathing against his lips. "Or you know, just take what you want. What do you want?"

Dominic pretended to scowl at Neil's teasing. Normally people knew more of what he was, and normally they were more prepared for it. He closed his eyes briefly, breathin in slowly, before looking back at Neil.

"I am a necromancer. You know I want nothing less than your soul." He wasn't intending to be disturbing, merely stating a fact of the matter. No doubt Neil's soul was brilliant - Dominic hadn't taken a proper look. "I don't think I would be allowed to have that. But maybe fucking your brains out will be enough." He braced himself against the door and pushed back on Neil, towards the bed.

"Well, that's creepy," Neil said. Way to make him go from horny and playful to freaked out in all of 5 seconds. Neil resisted the push for a brief second, just because he could, before stepping back and falling onto the bed. He pulled his t-shirt over his head in one smooth motion, unveiling a landscape of scars and muscle - an old bullet wound in his shoulder, a scar on his stomach, another on his back. Evidence of a hard life. Neil looked at Dominic, resting back on his hands and raising his eyebrows at the other male.

"What happens when you take a soul? Would I die?" he asked.

"After a while. First your body will go into shock, and then after a few days it would begin to rot." It was the technical definition of zombie for necromancers. Not the dead walking, but the not-dead. Not that Neil needed to know this now. "I hear it's addictive, eating souls." There were thousands upon thousands of pages written on it in the old times, when it was easy to hide a corpse.

He pushed Neil down onto the bed, kneeling on the bed over Neil's thighs. "Very nice," Dominic purred, admiring Neil's body. He ran his hands over the muscle and the scars. "Any good stories?"

"Okay, regretting I asked, now," Neil said, shifting uneasily under Dominic. He looked up at the other male, suddenly not so sure that Dominic wouldn't hurt him. What had been blatant eagerness turned to unease. He looked down at his scars and frowned. "A few," he said. "I'll tell you about some later, if you want to know." He tried to comfort himself with the fact that Dominic would never get away with eating his soul, but that wasn't much of a comfort when he was trying to give himself over to another guy.

Neil looked up at Dominic. "If there were no laws stopping you, no chance of getting caught or any of that, would you hurt me?" he asked, direct as anything. He made eye contact almost challengingly.

That was an interesting question. It took a while for Dominic to reply. "I don't know. The powerful would make the laws then. Would I already have a taste for blood...? Or would I prefer you alive?" As a thrall, perhaps.

"I think I would prefer you alive, with your own free will." He continued to touch, as if he did not notice Neil's discomfort, running his fingers along the scars, then bending down to kiss the old bullet scar, then running his tongue over it, feeling the difference between the normal and the healed skin.

That wasn't the most reassuring answer. Neil grunted, arching into Dominic's tongue as he thought about it. "I mean, as you are now," he said. "If the world suddenly, I don't know, all the laws failed because of some giant apocalypse or some shit, would you want my soul bad enough that you'd kill me for it." He fisted a hand in Dominic's hair and pulled his head back, deadly serious, wanting to look at the other male. He couldn't do this if he couldn't trust Dominic, and knowing that the other wouldn't hurt him even if he could was a big part of that.

"You'd want me like this? You wouldn't want to control me or hurt me? Well, more than I want to be hurt, anyway."

"Or more than you want to be controlled?" The two things often went hand in hand. Another curious question, however. Of course he wanted to control and hurt people. There was that part of him that got off on fear and pain, and Dominic was never entirely sure if he could divide it from his power. It wasn't a matter of so much what he wanted, but of what he actually going to do. Undoubtedly, using his spells to enforce someone's complete obedience would be satisfying for some primal part of him.

"You don't trust me not to go too far? Perhaps I should not be here then." Giving assurances would be pointless if someone would still be afraid. "Do you want a safeword, or would you not trust me to honour it?" Not that he had intended to do anything requiring one...

Neil was definitely the more physically powerful of them. Dominic rather liked how strong Neil's hold on the back of his head was. But... He didn't really like that it was there. "Let go of my hair," he commanded.

"I don't know," Neil answered, looking at Dominic. The other had done very little to reassure him that he was safe, that it wasn't just laws and punishment keeping him that way. Neil swallowed, then nodded, letting go of the other man's hair, responding to the commanding tone. He shifted under Dominic. "You say things like you want my soul, and tell me that it would kill me to have it... why should I trust you? You won't tell me that it's okay to, that you wouldn't hurt me even if you were given the chance." He frowned. "I don't know if you'd honour it. I don't know anything about you, not really."

Neil flopped down onto his back and looked up at Dominic. "I don't want you to go, I just... I'm not someone that gets off on being scared, not really. I get off on being dominated, and controlled, and sometimes I get off on pain, but I don't want to really think that I'm in danger."

There was a reason Dominic was being vague on reassurance. He did not want people thinking that he was safer than he really was. Ever. He wasn't even sure that people should trust him...

"You know I have never seriously harmed anyone, except in self-defence. You know I am considered suitable to work for the police. You've seen an ex that still likes me. You've had coffee with me twice and I didn't poison it." This is why he preferred for people to know him better. A little irate. "I have never done anything I regret. I do not intend to do anything either you or I regret. But there is always the possibility-" That he would forget to rein himself in. But then again, no one was perfect, surely? Even someone just human could go too far. "They can stop me, if I go too far," he said, referring to his birds. But this was not a comfortable note to start anything on.

"I know," Neil said, looking at Dominic. "I know you've never done anything. Just being told that you want to is a little alarming, I guess." Fuck, now he'd gone and lost the whole fucking mood. Neil shifted and wrapped a leg around one of Dominic's. The birds could stop him. That really didn't help his sudden anxiety. But it would be fine. He smoothed his hands slowly over Dominic's chest. He didn't know if he trusted the other male, but he was willing to try.

"I just... wanted some reassurance that you don't want to seriously hurt me," he admitted. "Sorry, I fucked it all up. Do you still want to fuck?"

Back
Top Bottom