Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Preference

Do You Read Erotic Fiction/Romance?

• Oh, baby, yes!

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

WriteMood

Super-Earth
Out of curiosity, I'm interested in knowing what sexual preference readers have when reading erotic fiction/romance. So give it to me guys and gals. Do you prefer M/F, M/M, F/F, or menage? If you prefer menage, do you prefer same gender or M/F/M or F/M/F? Or do you prefer multi-partner scenarios? If you prefer several types, list them all!

darkangel76 said:
I'm very much a 1x1 girl and not into sharing. XD
Given that, my pairing of choice is M/F.

I know exactly how you feel! I'd never be able to share in real life.
DareToDream said:
I prefer M/F the most also but also reading menage-based stories with either combination of partners.

I'll shoot another question at you ;) In a menage, must the man/men always be dominant? Or can the woman/women be the dom?

WriteMood said:
I'll shoot another question at you ;) In a menage, must the man/men always be dominant? Or can the woman/women be the dom?

I wouldn't say "must" - at least not for me - but dominant men or partners that are "equal" are more fun for me to read than a male partner who is submissive.

DareToDream said:
WriteMood said:

I wouldn't say "must" - at least not for me - but dominant men or partners that are "equal" are more fun for me to read than a male partner who is submissive.

Oooh, I like that answer! Thank you for answering me. :)

Being a yuri fan, my preference is F/F. That's not to say that I dislike M/F though. M/M is generally not to my liking, but in... certain circumstances, it can get interesting for me.

In menage (never heard that term before actually), I prefer F/F/M. In other words: The more girls, the better.

Men don't have to be necessarily dominant. Actually, I kinda like more dominant women.

Nyarly said:
Being a yuri fan, my preference is F/F. That's not to say that I dislike M/F though. M/M is generally not to my liking, but in... certain circumstances, it can get interesting for me.

In menage (never heard that term before actually), I prefer F/F/M. In other words: The more girls, the better.

Men don't have to be necessarily dominant. Actually, I kinda like more dominant women.

Thank you for your response Nyarly! I'm not usually a fan of M/M either, but I suppose it would be interesting if it was wrote in a way that appealed to me.

Menage comes from Menage a' Trois. It translates to mean "Household of Three". It was the first descriptive reference to a threesome in sexual contact with one another. Nowadays, it's just shortened to menage.

PS- I had to look up Yuri :D

I like both m/f and m/m but lately I've been more into m/m. :]

• As for writing, I generally only enjoy m/f pairings, but I have been inclined
        to do m/m/f pairings (simply because I don't like to share).

Reading someone else's material, however, is a totally different scenario.
        I thoroughly enjoy reading m/m, f/m and m/m/f pairings.

I do not enjoy reading or writing f/f or f/f/m.

Juno said:
I like both m/f and m/m but lately I've been more into m/m. :]

Thanks for the reply, Juno! I've noticed that a lot of people are getting more into M/M. It's become less of a skirted subject and more out there. Evernight Publishing has even started publishing M/M versions of their holiday anthologies. A new one will be coming out in October with a Halloween theme. I don't write M/M myself, kinda dodgy about anal sex for a personal reason, but I'm glad others like it.
Oversea said:

• As for writing, I generally only enjoy m/f pairings, but I have been inclined
        to do m/m/f pairings (simply because I don't like to share).

Reading someone else's material, however, is a totally different scenario.
        I thoroughly enjoy reading m/m, f/m and m/m/f pairings.

I do not enjoy reading or writing f/f or f/f/m.
Hey Oversea! Thanks for stopping by. Hmmm, until now, it really didn't occur to me to think that what people are willing to roleplay might be different from what they are willing to read.

You'd hate the short I'm working on this second! It's a F/F/M with a F/F HEA ending. :p

• Ahaha! Well, I doubt I'd HATE it, I'd likely just dislike
        it. Who knows, I may enjoy it. But for the most part
        I know that I'm not really into those scenarios D: !

Oversea said:

• Ahaha! Well, I doubt I'd HATE it, I'd likely just dislike
        it. Who knows, I may enjoy it. But for the most part
        I know that I'm not really into those scenarios D: !

LoL, well said. Don't worry, I wouldn't be offended if you didn't like it. I'm not into M/M but several of my fellow authors at Evernight think it's the next best thing since the invention of vibrators. :D To each their own.

Generally, I tend toward M/F, but I also have a strong interest in lesbian fiction, either erotic or mainstream.

Mandy said:
Generally, I tend toward M/F, but I also have a strong interest in lesbian fiction, either erotic or mainstream.

It seems that the opinion of the public is seeing same-gender romances as less and less taboo. Thanks for your answer, Mandy's Dad!

Benen Eachann said:
Personally I like M/F, its not cause I'm a hetero guy or anything don't get me wrong... I read damn good M/M and F/F stories as well, but i personally prefer M/F.

Hey Benen, (I love your avatar btw!). I personally prefer M/F too. I suppose, for me, its the classic appeal? I have read some well written versions of most anything else, but the good ol' fashion romance that I've been reading for years rather tempers my view. Thanks for leaving your two cents! :)

your quite welcome my lady, and i was also reading that you like to use some interesting character names that you run across... i have a few that i like to use, that i have yet to find their equal, Such as Nex Fulmine (D&D lightning Sorcerer), and Forlorn Sky (Star wars force using Soldier), i have them in other RPs besides where they started and they have great character development.

Benen Eachann said:
your quite welcome my lady, and i was also reading that you like to use some interesting character names that you run across... i have a few that i like to use, that i have yet to find their equal, Such as Nex Fulmine (D&D lightning Sorcerer), and Forlorn Sky (Star wars force using Soldier), i have them in other RPs besides where they started and they have great character development.

I'll keep that in mind. Considering I write Sci-Fi and Fantasy, naming can be a bit of a pain in the ass, to be blunt. The trick is to make names people don't normally see, but can still easily pronounce. I'm only looking for names, though, never characters. I have plenty of attention-greedy voices in my head that scream for attention. ;)

The saying, "I write so others believe me sane, but with a vivid imagination" holds rather true for me.

Honestly, if I'm in the mood for it, I can really enjoy any type of erotica, but my standard go-to is either M/M or M/F rather than F/F, for some reason.

Winter said:
Honestly, if I'm in the mood for it, I can really enjoy any type of erotica, but my standard go-to is either M/M or M/F rather than F/F, for some reason.

Welcome, Winter. Thanks for stopping by. Hmmm, you don't have to answer this, but I wonder if it has to do with anal sex? I know that my lack of desire to read/write M/M is due to that fact. Something to ponder at least.

I can read anything but guy on guy. It just doesn't appeal to me. Though I get a kick out of transsexual and hermaphrodite.

Sephyr said:
I can read anything but guy on guy. It just doesn't appeal to me. Though I get a kick out of transsexual and hermaphrodite.

Hi, Sephyr. Wow, thanks for being so honest in your opinion. I do believe you are the first to admit such a thing. Your comment has made me realize, you don't see those story lines much in fiction. I wonder how soon it'll be before those are as common as any other genre?

Actually, M/M is pretty popular in Manga in Japan. They call it BL for Boy's Love.

Lyra said:
Actually, M/M is pretty popular in Manga in Japan. They call it BL for Boy's Love.

I meant the transexual/hermaphrodite. M/M is growing increasingly popular in romantic fiction in America as well. As a matter of fact, several publishing companies are opening up lines specifically for M/M based fiction.

Adonis - Breathless Press

Manlove editions of anthologies - Evernight Publishing

To point out a couple ^.^

Back
Top Bottom