Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fleeting Sanctuary

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wind was so soft here...such a gentle breeze that it just barely ruffled her hair. Naiyume gave a very light hearted sigh as she stared up into the sky. She had no idea what those sparkling and dancing lights were but she had never seen such a site before. And there was one big round one that even seemed to give off light! All around her there were, what she could only assume to be, trees. She had heard about them back home in demon world. Behind her they seemed to stretch for miles! In front her, in the keen night distance, she could see tall building and very distant strobbing lights. This confused her, but she thought it best not to ponder to much as she knew that she would have a lot to learn in this new world anyway.
She then snapped out of it, remembering why she was here in the first place. This was really no time to relax. She had, with her own claws, slain the demon prince of her world. A traitor amongst traitors that will make her. But...what else was she suppose to do? Just stand there and let him rape her? Hardly. That little shit deserved his fate!
"But then..." She thought, "If I had just taken it like I was suppose to then I wouldn't be in this god awful predicament." She gazed down and starred at her blood wrenched claws. "I really am a demon..." her ears flattered as she laid her body amongst the branch of a great oak.
"But I guess if that never happened...I would have never fleed to this world and had never gotten to see all this beauty..." and after that thought, she drifted into a deep, much needed slumber.

The wind blasted in his face as he rode into town on his motorcycle. Ryu recently got a message from his friend, and manager, that there was another demon to hunt. He was basically a demon hunter for hire, and lately, demons have been popping up like crazy. Now that their prince is dead, all hell is going to break loose. He was among the more elite hunters, known for always getting their target, but his methods were more unusual, but very effective. Ryu comes from a long line of summoners, but instead of summoning creatures, he summoned machines. Metalcraft, was what it was called. He just needed a bit of metal, and he could make whatever he wanted. A simple golem, to a mechanical rhino. His powers still aren't great as his ancestors, but still effective. Demons can't control what can't feel fear. They only followed their master. His powers were mainly a last resort. He was already was a natural at aiming with his revolver, and at swordsmanship with his katana.
"Damn, this demon better be worth it, cuz now demons are going to be everywhere causing chaos without a leader." He mumbled to himself, pulling up on side of the road. He noticed a familiar car across the street from him. "Another demon hunter is in the area, and I'm betting demons are also hunting this traitor. Great, my job just got harder. Got to remember to thank the little shit."

Naiyume's ears perked up."shit..."she thought then sighed, her ears flattened she knew she was in trouble, she could feel it. The wind blew a bit more fierce now, and came from the North. She looked to the east, west, north then south her instincts told her it was coming from the north. She then remembered something she had forgotten til now.

Her feet hit the ground like rapid thunder. Which way to go? North? East? No matter where she went Donovan and his army would find her. Tears fell like a river down her face as she ran faster than her little feet could stand to carry her."Why?" She kept asking herself. "Why why why???" The word magnified and echoed in her head between her ears. That's when she saw it. A bright portal. Her escape. The only chance she would have at survival. But here? Now? It was almost to convient but there it was. She knew she had to take it, and that she didn't have long to make it. These fluctuations were beyond stupid rare. It was like a higher deity or something had commended her actions and was aiding her in her quest for escape. That's when she heard the voice of an elder."when you get to the other side you must look to the east. A few miles away you will come to a swamp and an old shack. Speak the words 'on the run my elder' at the door. There you will find assistance. Now run little neko. Run!"
She had been in to much of a rush to really take notice. Naiyume then took to the east, trusting the unknown voice and hoping they would help.

Ryu walked down the street until he felt like her heard something. He looked up to see a girl running through the fields. He focused a little more on her to notice that she didn't look normal, that was all he could tell. He saw what looked like ears and a tail, but the rest looked human from where he was standing. For all he knew, she could be dressed as some anime girl, since he's made that mistake before.

He watched her enter a swamp, which began to raise his curiosity. "Now why would a girl like her be running into a swamp?" He asked himself. He decided to follow the girl, but keep a safe distance. He looked at couple of soda cans on the ground. He used part of it to make a tiny metal cricket, and the other half was a piece of metal he could use to track it through it's chirping sound. He looked at the cricket. "Follow that girl, and don't lose her, I'll follow you through your chirps." The cricket nodded and quickly caught up to the girl, staying close and out of site. Ryu felt small vibrations coming from the little device, and followed it be how strong the vibrations were. "I may have already found the demon I'm looking for." He smirked with a little bit of excitement.

After a long hurried journey, Naiyume finally came to the old fun down shack by a swamp. It wasn't as easy to find as she had hoped, but she held her breath and let her instincts guide her. She sighed, gulped and walked up towards the door. She knocked on the door."err" she said, "on the run my elder." She said, and the door opened she walked in.
"Greetings child," came an old crackly voice. An old woman stepped out from the shadows, she wore a silk green robe and a black scarf. She had short black shaggy hair and deep intense black eyes.
Naiyume dropped down on both her knees and bowed in respect, keeping her head down as she spoke."I am in desperate need of assistance..." she said, her cat ears flattened and her tail thumped aimlessly behind her.
"Raise your body child," she commanded, "I'd like to see your beautiful face and know your name and why you are here."
Naiyume rose immediately."my name is Naiyume and I am on the run from Donovan's army and maybe more now. I slayed Almon our prince for he laid hands on me in attempt of rape..."
"So I see." She said, lifting Naiyume's chin and looking into her eyes."I see the fear in your eyes and I can sense the kindness and sincerity in your heart...very well." She stepped back away from Naiyume and into another room."come here child."
Naiyume walked to her, body tense and nervous. The elder lady shuffled through some bottles and pulled put a short one filled with pink liquid."I want you to drink this." She explained flatly, "I will also have to gag you and tie you down." Her expression changed, and the seriousness spewed from her body."This potion is made from the blood and life force from a human, it will rearrange your body and genetic make up. It will hurt like Hell. It will take an hour. But this, she said flatly, will be your only chance of survival."
Naiyume shook in fear as she shoved the potion in her hands."will you do it?" She asked.
"Yes..." Naiyume said in a quiet whisper.
"Fine. Come with me." She commanded coldly as Naiyume followed her down a cold stone staircase. The lady placed her down a table, and strapped her down.
"No matter how long you scream nobody will hear you down here so don't hold back." She gave a long sigh."My name is Grace by the way, and I am not a demon but a witch of dark arts. Thought you might would like to know the one responsible for your hellish transformation...now, may god bless your soul." She said as she poured the mixture into her mouth and stepped up the stars, then closed an iron door behind her.

Ryu went through the swamp, following the cricket's sound vibrations from his little hand tracker. It was as if the girl, stopped, or the cricket lost track. They weren't always so reliable. As he got closer, he hoped to find a girl standing there, maybe a demon, or just a human. At least something. When he finally caught up, there was nothing.
"Dammit!!" He shouted as he kicked a tree. Finding no use for the cricket and tracker, he used his powers to pretty much shut them down. The scrap metal that was used to create them fell to the muck of the swamp.
"Now what?" He thought to himself, he then continued to search the area. If the trail stopped, maybe the girl was nearby. As he went through the swamps, his feet got tired, and he stared to feel fatigued. As he pulled out a small canteen from his pocket and drank some water. After putting it away, something caught his eye in the distance. It was a small cottage, or a shack. Someone must live there, or at least use it for something. Whatever it was, he could use it to rest a bit. He moved as quickly as he could to get to it. It took some time, but he finally made it. He approached the door and began knocking. "Hello? Anyone home?" He shouted, hoping someone would come to the door. No answer would lead to suspicion, the last thing he needed was to accidentally break down the door to a serial killer's shack for his dead bodies.

The hour was finally up. Naiyume was absolutly drenched in sweat and her throat was hella hoarse, her breathing was super heavy and intense. Her chest heaved heavily, with every breath a sharp stinging pain shot through her body. Naiyume was super eager to see herself.
The steel door opened, and down the stairs came Grace. She walked over to Naiyume and smiled."Your name is now Natalie Kites. " She reached down and undidl all of the restraints, enabling her to move again.
Naiyume sat up, a surge.of pain shooting through her body as she did so, she yelped in recoil.
"It will take a few days for your body to get used to its new shape, she explained, helping her up and walking her up the stairs. Naiyume wanted to say more, but her throat was horse and voice gone from the screaming.
Grace let her to her bathroom and to a mirror so she can see herself.
She was nude, this allowed her to eye her new body in all its glory. She was tall, skinny, with a nice set of perky tits. Her hair was long, blue-black and held back in a single French braid. Her eyes were a deep shade of blue, and her skin was a very light tan. She was beautiful.
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, making them both jump.
"Excuse me." Grace said, turning to answer the door. She glanced at the person at the door.
"State your business." She said sharply.

Ryu was relieved that someone answered. "I was in this swamp looking for someone when I got lost. May I stay here for a little while to rest?" He asked the lady, breathing heavily. Anything to get a chance to relax, he had to take it.
He looked at the lady and a thought came to his head. "You're not a witch, are you?" He asked, growing curious. She looked like one, she even fit the old lady witch cliche. The way she looked, she lived alone, in a secluded area, the only thing missing were the all of the creepy ingredients all over the house.
"Please, forgive me, but I won't be around too long. I just need a few moments to catch my breath and I'll be on my way." He cracked a small smile. It had been some time since he forced a smile like that. Most of his smiles these days are when he catches his demon, or getting paid.

The so called witch narrowed her eyes at him."yes I suppose so." She said with obvious resentment, she opened the door and sat him down on a obviously old but not quite in tatters sofa. The wallpaper was peeling and the thick smell of mold had seized the air. The lady left the room, walking back with a beautiful girl dressed in an very simple black dress."this is my niece.
" she said looking at the traveler."I am afraid she has fallen ill and lost her voice. You can stay the night here if you take her with you into town and get her medical attention. She should be able to walk a bit better by the morning." She explained, looking the travel directly into his eyes. Her eyes were piercing and deep, he must have felt as if the lady was glaring right into her soul."you must also purchase her some clothing as I have nothing fitting for her to wear."

"Fine, I guess I can do that since you allowed me to stay." Ryu groaned as he looked away. He had to admit, her niece was drop dead gorgeous, but he felt like he shouldn't have to be her babysitter. As he sat on the sofa, he felt as if his ass was sinking into the seat. He jumped up and decided to sit on the floor. "I'm assuming I'll need to pay for all of this out of my own pocket, right?" He asked, sounding irritated. He glared at the woman. He new something was off about her, like she wasn't any ordinary old hag, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He then shot a look at the girl. She looked frightened, but she was so beautiful. He quickly looked away so that they wouldn't see him blush. She was just some girl, he didn't need to be falling in love.

The old lady returned his looks, but even more intensly. She growled and mumbled something as she took a bag out of her pocket and tossed it to him."You obviously arn't going to do this for charity so ill just pay for it." She rolled her eyes at him then turned to go into another room and shut the door behind her.
Naiyume blinked then looked up at the guy, she reached out her hand slowly and was able to let out a very hoarse: "hi. I'm Natalie..."

"That's more like it, miserable old bat." He grumbled under his breath. He had to give it to her, the woman did have some spine. These days, whenever he gives a dirty look to someone, they just cower and bend to his will. He looked into the bag to find some money, more than enough to pay for the girls things, and then some. He sealed the bag shut and put it in his coat pocket.
He then looked at the girl, gave her another glare, but tried not to scare her away. She obviously had been through something, she looked like she just went through hell and back. He reached out and shook her hand. He noticed her hand was warm and soft, kind of a soothing feeling for him. "Ryu, I guess I'm going to be watching over you for now." He said, trying not to complain. He didn't have anything against her, it was just that old lady that irritated him. From first sight, he didn't like her.

It was very obvious from the detached look in her eyes and the way all of how all of her actions were hesitant, that she had indeed been through quite the ordeal. She thanked Ryu for his help in her faintest whisper then climbed on the couch and winced horribly as she laid down and rested her head on a tattered couch cushion. From the inside of her ears she could hear an occasional POP! of a small bone adjusting here and there, followed by sharp searing pain. Her eyes filled up with tears for a minute or so, followed by a large gulp to sallow the scream or yelp.
You could hear the old woman shuffling around in the next room, occasionally mumbling about something or another.

Ryu watched as the girl tried to sleep. Hearing her body make constant snapping noises, followed by her yelps. He couldn't help, but to feel bad for her. He turned away and leaned against the wall. He was a lot more tired than he thought before. His eyes grew heavy as everything around him started to grow hazy. He heard the old lady rambling in the other room, but he was too tired to care. The last thing he saw was the little girl suffering on that couch, then he drifted into a deep sleep.

It was raining the next day. Maybe not a harsh rain, but a slow and consistent drizzle. But, looking up at the sky, you could tell from the spotty overcast that it would blow over soon. Maybe even by late afternoon. The wind was also slight, a frequent but non consistent wind whipped through the land, blasting by standards with an enjoyable and cool breeze.
Naiyume awoke and stretched and instantly noticed how much better she felt. she was still achy, but all of the bone popping and joint adjusting had stopped. She turned over to look at the man that was, for some reason, sleeping on the floor. She found him realitivly handsome, and was a bit anxious to leave with him. She felt safe, and secure for some reason, having a good feeling that he would protect her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom