Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dr. Monday's catalog.

Dr. Monday

Meteorite
Just an all purpose forum for things I need to store, general information on whats going on in my life, reasons why I may have been gone so long and other such things.

Role-play scenario below, is it god modding or not?

So My character, Emrys, has the ability to manipulate molecules and atoms. He was fighting with another character who had the ability to manipulate and generate ice. The two of them were fighting in an arena with no firearms. My character used the sand and dirt on the arena floor to generate a sandstorm then played around with the other character so he would generate ice within the sandstorm. The other character could not see but he could smell Emrys. It is not one hundred percent known how lightning is formed but there is theories, using my sort of theory I made it so my character generated lightning. Lightning is just like static only on a large scale so the idea was that he would charge himself with the electricity so that Emrys and the other character had a difference in positive and negative charges. So whenever the other character would run up and try to hit Emrys, with any part of his body, he was hit with an electric shock that was lethal if he got hit with it to many times. So essentially Emrys couldn't be hit in any person to person way, no punches, no kicks, not bites...etc Is this godmodding?

I think before anyone can make judgment on whether or not godmodding is occurring, you should list your character's weaknesses. Giving people one side of the story often leads to biased judgment.

But from what I can tell, if he has the power to manipulate atoms and molecules, then he's essentially manipulating matter, correct? Now, I pose some questions to you, and hopefully these will help determine whether or not god-modding is happening.

Can your character affect objects in motion? Are his abilities limited only to the material he has around him, or can he affect all matter? Can he affect matter generated by an adversary? Do any manipulation abilities cause bio-recoil? (As in, if he uses an electricity-based attack, is there any feedback from delivering said shock?)

Like I said, it will help people answer your question if you post your character's weaknesses.

Back
Top Bottom