Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guidance and Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loveme

Supernova
Jade had been jogging around the local park. The park was one of the biggest in her county. Housing baseball and softball areas, tennis courts, a playground and even a jogging area around the place. She was currently closing in on the tennis courts. Hearing a game being played, she slowed her pace. Stopping, she un hooked the water bottle and took a sip of water. Followed by another.

She was a pretty normal girl, Long black hair that was now in a pony tail. Bright blue eyes that would intranced anyone who stared in them for long periods of time. The bad thing was, she was only nineteen. Fastening the bottle back, she looked to the stands and saw her best friend. Smiling softly, she adjusted her black shorts, and blue tank top.

Walking over to the stands, she moved through the people. Uttering "excuse me" every few minutes until she finally rested next to him his eyes were on the girl he had always liked. Currently one of the ones playing tennis. Sighing, she spoke. "You really like that girl don't youz?"

Maria laughed at herself as she missed her second serve and let someone behind her have a chance to try and get one. That's the way she was, so full of joy and always willing to laugh at herself; she was the ultimate good sport about things and everybody loved her. Including Jacob. For the past three months, he had been... watching (he insisted to himself that it wasn't stalking) Maria around school, watching her at her locker and waiting an extra fifteen minutes so he could leave school at the same time as her... and even watching her at tennis practice.

Jacob had dark auburn hair that was somewhat long but didn't quite hand in his face or anything. Hazel eyes stared in a kind of daze at the tennis court, and he had made himself comfortable by sitting on the grass under the stands, cross-legged, and even some binoculars and a bottle of soda. He had clearly been there for a while, and so Jacob had no real excuse when he was approached by Jade.

"What?" Jacob asked with a jump as he turned around and saw Jade looking at him and his obvious... hobby.

"Wha-what are you talking about? I just like tennis and I... I like watching it," Jacob said unconvincingly with a stutter. "Who asked you? What are you even doing here Jade?" Jacob asked, looking back and forth for Jade's other friends that usually accompanied her around.

Jade had tried to tell him it was stalking, that it was extremely creepy and if Maria caught him he would end up in trouble. But no, Jacob didn't listen to her. Just like always. Shaking her head at the binoculars, she sighed. "Jacob, do you realize how weird you look? Staring at her though a pair if binoculars?" Pausing, she continued.

"No wonder she doesn't pay you any attention. Your freaking her out by stalking her." But when he asked what she was doing here, she crossed her arms and watched him. "I was jogging, if you don't care to see me I'll leave." Ever since he had started liking Maria, he ad become distant. Almost like he didn't even want to hang out with Jade anymore.

Of course it hurt, but why would she tell him? He only cared about Maria anyway. Uncrossing her arms, she took a few sips of her water and replaced her arms.

Jacob rolled his eyes at Jade's accusation of it being stalking, but he didn't see it that way at all. Stalkers were obsessed and spent all their time on the victim, but Jacob just liked to be around Maria whenever he could but he didn't do anything ridiculous. Yeah he watched her at practice and at school, but he never went to her house or wherever she went on the weekends or anything stupid like that. Besides, he didn't think Maria ever saw him watching her... did she?

"I am not stalking her!" Jacob said defensively.

Besides, Jade didn't have a reason to be criticizing him or his habits. Ever since they started high school, Jade had hung out with all the cool rich kids who threw parties every weekend, and Jacob hung with the newspaper and debate team. They were neighbors and used to take baths together and saw each other practically every day, but were they even really friends anymore? Jacob wasn't so sure.

Watching her take some sips of water in her skimpy running outfit that he knew tons of guys wanted to see (locker room talk and all that) Jacob was struck by inspiration.

"Jogging? Why would you need to jog? You're already in great shape, right?" Jacob casually complimented, trying to subtly butter Jade up.

"Whatever." Maybe he wasn't stalking her all the way. But he was damn close to it. Shaking her head, she set down next to him. "Jacob, why don't you just talk to her? It would be a lot better if you did. The worst she would say would be no. If she does you can move on." Shrugging her shoulders, her hair fell down down around her shoulder.

"Because, if I don't keep jogging I won't be in shape. Besides, I have to look good for guys. Maybe one will want me one day." Sighing, she closed her eyes and listened to the balls against the racket. Thinking about how no guy ever wanted to date her for herself.

"Ill help you... Talk to her. If you want."

Ignoring Jade's comments about talking to her (Maria was never freaking alone to be talked to, and when she was she looked way too pretty to be bothered with his petty wants and needs) Jacob sullenly stared at Maria hitting an overhead, her specialty shot, and blushed again at her talent. She was so talented at everything she did, it was a wonder that everybody liked her; she seemed the type that would be perfect bullying. No one liked a person who was so well put together and excelling at everything after all, but no one ever gave her trouble. Probably because she could laugh at herself and she just... made you want to be her friend... she was always in on how to have fun, no matter the situation.

Jacob rolled his eyes a little as Jade whined about her efforts to look good so she could attract a guy, which was a little annoying. Jacob had had zero dates his whole life, had only kissed one girl one drunken night, while his mom said that Jade's mom had to meet new boyfriends of Jade's all the time. She didn't have a reputation of being a slut or anything, she was just popular, pretty, and had that kind of mysterious capable air about her. Yeah, Maria always seemed to find joy in life and never stressed about anything, but it was because she struggled and fought for things. Jade seemed to just fall into greatness. It was annoying. Even running and looking all sweaty, she was still a guy's wet dream.

She had nothing to complain about in Jacob's book. Her looks were even complemented by a quickness that frustrated Jacob once more as she immediately saw through his ruse of complimenting her and got to the throat of the issue.

"What?! Talk to who? I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about you crazy person!" Jacob stuttered nervously before he remembered that he had just been caught sitting under the bleachers, staring at Maria's practice. "I-I don't need your help. What do you know..."

"Apparently nothing according to you Jacob." She hissed, standing up. "When your done stalking the girl, and wanna become my best friend again let me know. I tried to help you, but you don't want it. So you know what I say? Screw it. Have fun stalking your perfect little girl." Of course, Jade was mad. He had left her to pursue his interest in this girl.

Maybe he was right? Maybe she didn't know anything about it. The reason she was single now was because guys only wanted her body. They didn't want her for her. Sighing, she crossed her arms and started to walk off. Water bottle in hand.

Jacob would never realize, he couldn't sit there and stare at Maria. He had to take action. It didn't bother her so much, wouldn't bother her so much if he would realize he had abandoned her. But whatever. She couldn't beg him or tell him any more because he never listened to her. If he did, he denied every bit.

Jade suddenly got into a huff and Jacob didn't have a chance to ask her for the favor he was building up toward, and felt a little guilty that he had angered her so. He couldn't understand why women were so complicated and weird sometimes. All this did was make him more sure that he couldn't talk to Maria or he was going to accidentally set her off or something and then he would want to fall into a hole and disappear forever. It was also especially weird because Jade was usually pretty cool and collected, giving her that mysterious air that drew boys to her, and to suddenly explode with emotion was something Jacob couldn't mentally handle. It was like a squirrel that suddenly swam like a fish.

Getting up and following her, Jacob grabbed her by the arm to stop her before he circled in front of Jade to block her from moving but also making sure they stayed under the bleachers. No need for anyone to find out about his secret spot.

"What the hell Jade?! What does it matter to you? You know, I was gonna actually ask you for help with Maria, but fuck you. You're bat-shit crazy apparently, exploding over nothing and, and... whatever. Geez! What is going on with you?" Jacob asked curiously, weirded out by her sudden offense at him that seemed to come out of nowhere with no explanation.

When he grabbed her arm and stepped in front of her, she quickly wiped the tear away from
her face. The ones that had started to fall as soon as she turned away from him. "Im not bat-shit crazy! Jacob! Don't you see!" She shook her head, stopping her words. Why bother? But he did ask for it.

"Jacob, you think I have all these guys lined up to date me. But you don't realize they only want my body. They don't want me for me. We use to be best friends Jacob. Do you remember that? Once upon a time ago? Then you started liking Maria. Waiting after school for her to come out. Hiding
out under the tree to watch her play tennis. You don't think that's weird Jacob but it is."

You stopped talking to me, you stopped walking home from school with me. You left me out in the cold and don't seem to care. I was trying to have a conversation with you a few moments ago, but you shot it down. So, yes. I'm upset. But what's it matter? Fuck me as you said."

Jacob heard all of Jade's complaints and he could tell she was really hurting and felt guilty that he had been so short with her. When he thought about it, there was some truth in it. His life had become so involved with Maria and wanting to watch her, get to know her, steal opportunities to be near her... and the last time he saw Jade was... long enough ago that he couldn't remember. In fact, it had become a bit of a part of his routine that he got updates on Jade from his mom rather than talking to her, and it had happened so gradually that he hadn't really noticed. He missed her too.

"Look, I'm sorry okay, I'm sorry I've become a little... obsessed I guess," Jacob said with a laugh as he looked at his actions rationally. "I shouldn't have done that, and I guess I should have been more sensitive..."

As Jacob thought about it, his apology started to melt away a little as he remembered his own gripes that were creeping to the surface.

"But it isn't just Maria or me. Face it Jade, for all your complaints that guys only want you for your body and that we don't hang out anymore... I mean, I didn't even think you'd notice!" Jacob said defensively. "Oh boo-hoo, guys only like you for your body, well at least guys like you and notice you! You're invited to parties all the time by girls like Cheryl Hall and Gwen Michaels! Girls I'm, like, not even allowed to look at in the hallways! Guys ask you out on dates and compliment you... you're popular and everyone loves you and... Jade, we didn't stop hanging out because of Maria, we stopped hanging out because you got other friends, popular friends! Without me, you have parties and boys and... well..."

"All I've got is watching the girl I like from 20 yards away..." Jacob explained pathetically. "So don't bitch to me about how we never hang out. You're popular. I'm just a 'stalker,' right?"

His apologies didn't last long. Once his own problems started creeping up. "Jacob, all the parties I got invited too I only went to a few and I invited you to go with me but you never said you would go. I asked, I asked you too Jacob..." Her voice trailed off, thinking of how they had become so far apart.

"I try to talk to you... I've tried. Your mom has to tell you what I've been up to Jacob! Your mom!" She shook her head, not believing what was happening. "Jacob, I complain about it
because none of those guys ever get to know me before their pressuring me for sex. I always always tell them no Jacob. It's why I'm still single. They want my body, not my mind. They don't know me like you do, or I thought you did.

"Jacob, I'll leave you alone. If it's what you want. So you can watch Maria. I'll be here. If you ever want to just talk or hangout like old times..." She was sure that wouldn't happen again. But if it did,
she would welcome it.

Jacob rolled his eyes a little at Jade's accusations, knowing that she didn't really get what he was saying.

"Yeah, you invited me to go. 'Oh guys, can I invite Jacob to come to the party with us? Who is he? My best friend who I've known forever of course. Seriously, he's cool, trust me. Just bear with him and he'll show you how cool he is with his baseball card collection and his Halo high scores. It'll be cool," Jacob explained in a sarcastic imitation of Jade. "It's not about being invited Jade, it's about being wanted. And maybe guys only want you for your body, but girls just... don't even notice me. I mean, maybe I should be more forward with Maria... but she does know my name, I think, and I've tried talking to her, but she's completely out of my league!"

Jade then decided to leave him alone to continue watching Maria and he resented how she said it, like he was the one pushing her away. It wasn't him! It wasn't even really her! She was destined to be popular and well-liked, and he wasn't. Nothing she said changed that and how much he resented that.

"Look, I'm not telling you to go away, I've never told you that. You know high school, we just... we're just different people now. We aren't the same kids who had swinging contests at the park and dug holes in the ground to China. Okay, so guys don't get to know you and only want your body... I'm no different! If we hadn't hung out in middle school, and I wasn't there that time you sharted yourself before the choir assembly and helped you sneak out to call your mom, I would be just like them. Thinking how hot you are and wanting to get in your pants. It's high school Jade... enjoy the attention. It's better than being invisible."

"I don't like the attention Jacob, I dont think you realize that. If you really want to talk to Maria, I'll help you, if not then I won't and you can sit here and wish you could talk to her." Jade spoke softly, her arms now at her side.

It wasn't going to work, he wouldn't see how much she missed him. There wasn't even a reason to tell him. She has already told him once, and he brought it back around on her. Sighing, she shrugged her shoulders. "Jacob I know it's high school, we both changed. But that doesn't mean anything. Even though I get attention I still made time for you. You can't say I didn't because it's the truth. But you haven't, you rely on your mom to find out about me and spend all your time trying to watch Maria."

Hearing him talk about how he would be just like the other guys if he didn't know her hurt. But she tried to hide it as she set down on one of the benches under the bleachers. "Its your choice. Talk to her
or no."

Jacob nodded in acknowledgement of what Jade said, and parts of it did make sense; he did stop trying to hang out with her once she was the popular chick and he was the lonely nerd, and they had too much history for him to just disregard that. Still, another part of him just could not accept her complaints. If someone said they could trade lives, he would do it in an instant. Maybe with Jade's looks, confidence, and personality (in male version) he'd already be dating Maria. Which brought him back full circle to what he originally wanted to ask.

"Fine, fine, fine," Jacob said quickly, sighing and laying his head between his knees as he sat so he didn't have to look at Jade. "I'm sorry. We will hang out more in the future, okay? I don't know what you're going to tell your friends, but we can hang out, just like in the old days, and whatever. I promise," Jacob finished by pulling out of his internal hiding place so he could offer her a handshake.

"I swear, you didn't used to be such a girl about shit..." Jacob joked while they shook before moving onto his next point. "Now, in honor of our new and improved friendship, HELP ME! I like her soooooo..... much...."

"You better keep that promise too. If you dont I'll hurt you myself. Yes, I can still beat you down." Laughing softly, she nodded and shook his hand. "Have you ever talked to her before? At all?" Leaning against the bench's back, she turned to face him for the first time.

"I'll help you, but you have to promise to be open to ALL of my requests. No complaints." She was going to help and if he complained, it would be over. "You need to firstly stop staring and stalking her. It's creepy Jacob... I promise."

"I swear you didn't be such an ass some times." She hissed, playfully of course.

Bouncing his head back and forth a little in a non-committal answer, Jacob sighed at hearing that again. He understood why she would think it was weird that he was watching Maria from afar, but the truth was that it was the only time he ever got to see her and feel close to her and until that changed... he wanted to continue watching her. It didn't harm anyone, and he really didn't think of himself as a stalker, after all, he just watched her at school and at tennis practice. That was it. The rest of the time he focused on normal stuff like school and video games and his life was fairly boring.

Hearing that Jade was joking with him again was good and he smiled at her joke. "I've always been an ass, but when we were little, girls called it cooties."

"So, I promise to follow whatever you have to say no questions asked, blah, blah, how do I win her heart? I've talked to her a few times in classes we've had but, you know, it was stupid small talk shit," Jacob explained, thinking back.

"Firstly, your going to clean yourself up. No baggie clothes or anything of the sort." Shaking her head, she stood. "Come on, were going to your house." Her voice was demanding
in a way, but still soft.

"Lets go." Shrugging, she pulled him up by his hand and led him to his house. "Show me your best clothes. Then, tomorrow you'll wear them. You'll play it cool. You'll ask her to go to the movies
Friday. Then, I'll tell you what else to do after she agrees."

Jade had a plan, a plan to talk to Maria in their first
period class they had together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom