Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Vampire Mistress (Silver117x Nightsorceress)

Silver117

Pulsar
This is Chicago...A hot town to live, epically in the summer time. It was high noon and the sun was roasting everyone that went out to play. Him? He didn't like to go outside. Too much of a hassle if he do say so himself. The name's Holiday, Jack Holiday. He's 30 years old and a detective. The past few years, He's been solving the most sick and twisted cases that has crawled out of the underbelly of this city. Year after year, the cases gets stranger and stranger. Sometimes he refuse to take it since it didn't peaked his interest. As of right now, this detective is dead broke. Living on noodles and beer isn't his definition of a healthy appetite, but with no cases picking up, what else could he do?

It was late in the afternoon when he herd a loud bang on my door. "What the fuck?" He called out as it disturbed his nap. He gave a big yawn as he opened the door to see no one was there. Below my feet was a package and a letter. "I require your assistance, detective. I'm in grave danger. If you accept, please put on the gift inside the box." the note read. Jack opened it to discover a blood red ring. Naturally he laughed it off thinking that this was some sort of prank by those damn kids on the street. He looked it for what seemed like hours. Flicking it with his right hand, catching it with his left, and vice-versa. No way that this could be real. Jack sighed a pathetic sigh and decided, "What the hell, I'll give it a go." He could probably pawn it if it was a joke. He puts the ring on and nothing happened; just as he thought. He soon blinked and was transported to another place. It made him shiver wondering where the hell he was.

Aurora's heart beat in her chest with the ticking of the clock all she could do was wait. She stood in front of large window in a dimly lite room watching out of the land. She could see for miles watching as life went on around her. But life never went on it had stood still now for centuries at least for her.

Suddenly she was drawn from the window as she sensed he had finally come. She moved from the window gracefully to turn on the light and moved to stand infront of the man who had just appeared. "I am sorry to have brought you here this way but must understand it was under great importance." She said softly as if not to spook him more. She was gorgeous looking, thin with long raven hair milky skin, her eyes were a vibrant purple color as she looked at the man.

His head ached after beeing pulled in what looked like a mansion. It was a complete blur to Jack. One second he was fiddling with the ring and the next he was here. He pondered for a but and scratched his white hair until he herd a nice soft voice. He looks over and sees the lady looking at him. His eyes met hers and he nod his head. "No trouble at all. Just where am I and who are you?" He asked her calmly. He picked up his hat and placed it back on his head. before listening to her again.

Aurora was a little shocked to find how calm he was after being transported to her location like he was. "My name is Aurora and we are in England at the moment." She said softly, she moved across the room to pour him a glass of water and get him an aspirin. she moved back over to him handing them to him. "Here for your head i am sure it must be hurting you right now. And i am sorry for that, but i desperately need your help."

He smiles and takes the aspirin with the water. Still shaken up a bit, he gave a few deep breathes. It was then that he looked at her with shock hearing that he was transported from Chicago to England. He looked out the window and she was correct. He felt stun as he sat back down and looked at her. "H-Holiday, Jack Holiday. Seeing that I'm WAY far from home, I'll gladly take your case." he said as the shock wore off him. Regaining his composiure, her got out his notebook and pen. "So tell me Miss. Aurora, what's the trouble." He simply asked her.

"You can just call me Aurora." She said with a soft smile as she moved to a seat across from him."I am very glad you will take my case I hear you have a real knack for strange cases. You see someone broke into my home and stole somethings from me most of it is replacable but the stole a gem I need back ASAP"

Jack loos at Aurora and nearly gave a depressing sigh. A typical jwele thief case? That was considered a snoozeville case in his terms. He fiddled around with the ring on his finger, wondering if it would send him back to Chicago. He tuggs at it again and again, but strangely it wouldn't budge. It was as if it was glued to his ring finger. "This gem, what's so special about it?" he asked as he tries again to take it off.

Aurora looked down she knew she had to answer that question even though she didn't want too."It is what keeps me immortal." She bit her lip she hoped he would not freak out as so many others have in life time when she states what she is "I'm a vampire"

"A vampire?" jack said as he arched a brow. Hearing her said that caused him to stop tugging on the ring. If anything, he loves dealing with cases that involved the supernatural. His right hand touched his left shoulder as he remembers dealing with a case involving vampires in the past. He was lucky to sovle it with his life intact. It was at that moment that his mouth turned up into a smile. "You got me intrigued Aurora. I'll gladly take the case." He tells her.

Aurora was taken back a moment she was so shocked he was not more afraid. But then again he had other cases like this before that was why she choose him. "really? oh thank you, without that gem, i will not live." she breathed a sigh of relief. She then went to a table and got a picture of the gem. It was a purple diamond that matched eyes, it set in in a pedant that she wore around her neck normally. She moved back over to him with the picture. "This is what it looks like"

Jack carefully exames the gem in question. "Amazing, a diamond fused with an amethyst. No doubt heavy magic can be prefoemed with this gem, including immortality." Jack said as he kept the picture. "Is there anyone you know who you think might do this." He asked her. He was so calmed doing think now since this was just the start.

Aurora looked down and shook her head. "I am pretty much a loner i don't even contact my own kind, i can't even to imagine who would do such a thing." She looked at him her eyes locked on his. They held a little bit of fear and also they seem to plead with him. "Please do you think you can find it?

"A gem like this might be a bit tough, espically when it comes to supernatural powers like immortality. Reat assure Aurora. You have my word that the gem will return to you, and the thief will be delt with." Jack simed and nod his head. He was excited about this case. It's been a while since he aid a vampire instead of fighting one. Ah he got up, her butler quietly enters the room. "Miss Aurora, how are you feeling?" he said calmly as he soon looks at the detective.

Aurora hope that Jack's words were true but she could't but feel a little hopeless about the whole matter."thank you Jack I will of course pay you whatever you would like for your efforts. And of course whatever you need to fund your efforts" Aurora's head turned as the butler entered "I am fine thank-you" she gave him a half hearted smile.

The butler nod his head until he saw Jack. "I'm guessing this is the gentleman you said that will be visiting for a few days." He said and shook his hand. "I'm Charles, the head butler of this mansion." He said introducing himself to the detective. "Jack simply nod his head at him as he leaves to continue working.

Aurora turned her attention back to Jack "I hope while your here you make yourself at home. The kitchen is fully stock and if you wish for some do not hesitant to ask. I have also arranged for a room to be made up for you." Aurora tried to focus on something other than being afraid of him not finding the gem

"Madame, I please get off this depresion. I'm sure he'll find your gem. You plenty more gems." Charles told her. Jack over herd his words and wondered. He could be right but, the gem was a rare one. "Tell me Aurora, has there been time you took the gem off you?" he said to her. Everybit helps in a jewel case like this.

Aurora looked over and smiled at Charles. "I hope he will Charles however the reason i want the gem back so badly is because its very special to me, it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a gem." her attention then was redirected to Jack. "of course, it can get heavy wearing it all the time, plus I do clean it from time to time"

"Allow me good sir. I'll show you around the mansion" Charles said and Jack followed him. He followes him around the area, greeting a few maids and butlers along the way. He notice that everyone that works here has a article of jewlery. From rings, to earrings, to bracelets, to broaches. "Do they all wear them" he whispered. "Of course. It's a gift from her for being so loyal." He said and shows Jack his ring. "However, only the mistress is the only one to wear a necklace." he added.

Once Jack had left the room Aurora rose from her seat and moved over to the pour herself a stiff drink her nerves were not steady she was worried that this would result in her death, and then what would happen to her kind. She was one of the oldest vampires one of the first but she was the most power and was often asked to help guide other vampires.

Jack takes a closer look at his ring and nod his head. "I'm guessing that it isn't fused with another gem like Aurora." He said as he lets go of his hand. "Indeed. Plus, her gem is the only diamond on the compound. We do have plenty of amethyst." Charles responded. With a simple nod, Jack tells him that he question him more later and begins to search another part of the mansion. He was soon in the study where he sees a maid cleaning. "Excuse me..." he calls out to her.

The maid jumped when he called out to her. and spun to look at him. "hello sir, is there something i can help you with?" the maid said politely as stood in the corner looking at the man she had not seen before.

"No need to be a alarm. I just here to look around." He said to her as he calmly heads to her direction. "I'm Jack Holiday." He introduced and looked into her eyes. "And May I ask for your name please?" He wasn't going to tell her why he was here, yet. He had to make sure she was innocent before doing that.

"Hello sir" she kept her formality she was taught by the other staff that guest of the mistress tend to be very well to do. "My name is Elizabeth sir. Is there something i can help you with?" She moved further a way from him it was odd behavior to say the least.

"I said not to be alarm. I won't hurt you. I'm here to do a favor for miss Aurora." He sighs as he looks at her. A nice figure, to say the least, yet he saw no jewlery on her. "Where's your jewlery?" He asked her calmly.

Back
Top Bottom