Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Vampire Mistress (Silver117xpunkrockartist91)

He caught a glimpse of that frown and knew who broke the V key of the typewriter. It didn't prove that she's that blackmailer though since it was the M key that was used in the blackmail letters. Understanding this, Jack asked another question. "Do you have a furnace?" he said and Andrew nod his head. "Why do you ask?" Andrew respond. "I need to confirm something before dinner." He answer quickly as he looks at them. "Allie, show him the furnace, I'll finish up the rest of the work for you." he tells her. With a simple nod, Jack goes to Allie and lets her lead the way.

She nodded and walked away from her brother, leading Jack to where the furnace was. It was in a small part of where the gardeners stayed. Other than the other employees that worked in the castle who lived inside, Allie and Andrew had their own small building outside of the castle. It was closer to the gardens and easier for them since they enjoyed the sun. They were human after all. She opened the door to the house and walked inside. "Its in the basement." She said happily. "Follow me." She went downstairs to the basement and pointed to the furnace. "There it is."

Jack followed her as he sketched Allie. He did had to admit that she was cute as she walked in front of him. At the basement, he sees the furnace and smiles. "Thank you, you've been a big help." He telles her and gently touched her shoulder. He goes to it and touches it. 'It's cool, very cool, maybe...' He thought and opens it he goes inside and found what he was looking for: two magazines. He takes them and quickly got out." It was as he expected, the blackmailer was going to burn the evidence as a few letters were missing on the first few pages and the cover of the magazines.

Allie smiled as he patted her on the shoulder, when he went to touch the furnace, she frowned. What was he doing? Standing there in silence, she moved her head to the side to see what he was pulling out. "Huh? Magazines?" She looked really confused at this point. "How did magazines get in there?" That was really odd, no one ever put paper into their furnace. It was always wood. Paper, when it burned, smoked too much and it would harm the plants in the gardens.

"Allie, who uses the furnaces?" He asked in a serious tone. He pulls her close so their eyes could meet. "I doubt that you two would put paper in here since you tend to the garden. Do you know anyone else?" He lips was near hers at this moment. He wasn't going to let this valuable clue go to waste. "We could be fealing with a potental murder if I don't get the answers I need." He said as a warning to her, hoping that she understands the danger this could be iif left undone.

Allie gasped at his closeness, the fact that his lips were so close to hers, she could feel his breath on them. "I-" she stammered, her eyes wide as she stared at his. "The butler's job is to take care of the cellar's." She stated her face started to blush. "They take care of the cellar supplies, like wines and the fires." She stammered, stepping back from him.

"You're so coorperative, thanks." He said to Allie and in a brief moment, he kissed her lips. "If I have anymore questions I'll make sure to go to you and your brother." He said and leaves the celler. Once outside again, he leans against the wall of the celler and looks through the magazines. He herd a chime from the outside and notice Logan chatting to Andrew. It seemed like they were arguing about something and then Logan instantly slapped him across the face with the back of his hand. Once Logan left, jack heads over to check on him. "You okay?" Jack asked and Andrew just shrugged it off. "I'll be okay...dinner is ready and he told me to tell you that it will be held in the dining room." Andrew andswered rubbing the blood off his cut lip.

Allie blushed as he kissed her and watched him ascend the stairs. She soon followed and came out just when Logan slapped Andrew. She frowned and ran over to him, checking his face to see if he was okay. What the hell was Logan's problem. Taking a clean cloth out of her pocket that she used to wipe her hands, she gently wiped off the blood of his lip. She never said anything though. Her brother would tell her when he was ready to talk. Looking at Jack, with a wrinkle to her brow signaling that she was worried, Allie sighed. "I think we should get cleaned up for dinner, Andrew. You know its bad to be late." She stated softly. "If you wish, we'll take you to the dinning room once we're done, we just have to wash our hands and change clothes."

Jack nod his head as the siblings head to clean up. He looked at his sister, knowing she was worried sick about this, and just easily took her hand. "I'll be fine, no need to worry, we just got into a disagreement that's all." He said as he washed his hands and changed. The last thing in the world he wanted to do was to make her sad and worried. He got on his black and red tux as he waits for Allie to get changed. They two met with Jack again and took him to the dining room.

The three heads on to the kitchen until Jack stopped and herd shouting. "You fool! How could you ruin dessert? Is that hard to keep an eye on the oven, you brainless twit!" The male chef shouted to the female chef. His worries was just as he expected when he was checking on Adelay. The pie that was made for dinner was ruined and he was all in a huff. The kitchen was next to the dining room so any one there could her his anger.

Allie nodded, still a little worried, and got changed as well, she wore a black and red lolita dress with the black strapped dolly heels and black stockings. Sometimes, she hated how long it took to get dressed. But she found that the outfits Adelay wanted them to wear were really cute. She smiled and adjusted the little black hat on her head with a grin. "Okay, lets go." When they caught up with Jack, she went with them to the dining room. Upon hearing the commotion in the kitchen, she sighed. Was it so hard for everyone to have a nice dinner.

The two twins knocked on Adelay's door and she opened it. Her hair was still down with a black bow and she wore a knee length black dress with white lace on the sleeves and around the dress line. White stocking covered her legs and black dolly boots went up to her knee. "Dinner's ready mi'lady." They said together and left. "Very well," Adelay said and watched them walk down the hall, she closed her door and walked about six feet behind them in the same pace.

The female chef huffed in anger and contemplated on throwing the ruined pie at him. Either it looked like crap or not, it was still edible. "Fine!" She shouted, her cheeks red with anger. Her light brown hair pulled back into a loose pony tail and reached between her shoulders and a few curled strands hung loose infront of her ears. "If you don't like it, make another damn pie yourself!" She growled and grabbed the pie, turning to throw it away. "I don't see what the problem is anyway! It probably tastes good!" The chef hat on her head was tilted from the quickness of her turn. "Idiot."

The male chef simply scratched his short blonde hair and galred at her once she called him an idiot. "I guess I should since you'll probbly screw up another one. I'm beginning to think that your chef's degree is a fraud! You certenly proved it the last few days." He shouts back until Jack decided to enter the kitchen. "Okay you two, break it up." He said quickly seeing them on pins and needles, just waiting to attack one another. Oliver sighs and decided to begin putting dinner on the plates. "I think this kitchen is getting hot. Come on." He said and holds the female chefs hand out of the kitchen so she could cool down.

Logan sees the twins going forward along with Adelay and goes over to walk along side her. "I've delivered the message to Mr. Holiday as you requested, mi'lady. It seems like he was in the celler at that time. Why he was there is byond me." Logan reported to Adelay.

Nicole threw the pie down into the trash and growled at him. "Maybe I'd be doing a better job if you weren't up my ass about everything all the time!" She blurted out as she was led out of the kitchen by Jack. She looked at him and sighed. Leaning against the wall, she reached up and slid the chef hat off her head. It was making her even hotter than she was. "What an asshole..." She muttered, her eyes then looked sad as she looked down at her black shoes. The contrasted with her white pants and light grey button up top with a white bow around her neck.

Adelay raised an eyebrow at Logan. "In the cellar?" She repeated, her hands swayed back and forth slightly as she walked gracefully down the hall. "I wonder if he found anything interesting yet." She stated to no one in particular. Infront of her, the twins looked at eachother and shrugged at the same time. Glancing back to Logan, she cocked her head to the side, she hair falling over her shoulder. "Everyone is set for dinner, I hope. I don't want any problems tonight. Everyone's on edge about this situation, I understand." She said nonchantly. "But I want a quiet dinner tonight."

"Just relax and don't worry about him." Jack comforting her. He hand rubbed her arm softly as he looks at her eyes to help cool her hot anger down. "Now then, I believe intoductions are in order. I'm Jack Holiday, detective." He said as he lets go of her arm. "You feeling better now?" he asked her in a kind voice.

"If your two chauffeurs are late again, there will be hell to pay." Noah said to the mistress. "Thus causing your plans for a quiet dinner to go stright down the toliet." Naomi added and the twin snickered their usuall snicker. "Enough you two!" Logan told them as they made it to the dining room. They see Andrew and Allie looking at Jack talking to Nicole, not knowing what happend in the kitchen.

She looked at him and put her hands on her hips. "Yeah a little. I'm Nicole. I'm the female head chef." She stated to him, still leaning against the wall. "Sorry about the commotion. We tend to argue a lot." Nicole rested her head against the wall and breathed in a deep breath.

Adelay smiled at the twins and their antics as she stepped into the dining room. "Well, atleast everyone's in the same room." Naomi smirked at her brother and walked to the table, sitting at her usual spot. Noah sat next to her and sighed. Sometimes, he found that he and Naomi were the only normal ones in the castle....

"Hey, no worries. As long as you're not hurt." He tells her as he turns to see the others. "Ah, Miss Adelay, just the person i need to see." He smiled as he goes to her. He goes to his pocket and showed her the magazines. "I found these in the furnance in the celler, they were about to be turned to ash if I was late." He said and puts it back in his pocket. He began to do a silent count and notice 5 servents were missing: the two cleaners, the two chauffeurs, and Mercedes. Seconds after he did the count, he sees a guy wearing a drivers hat enter the dining room. "Sorry, I'm late, you won't believe the traffic out there." he said in a lying face. "But, you're early..." Jack told him and the guy sighs with relief.

Nicole nodded and put her hat back on, going back to the hell of a kitchen to help with food preperations.

Adelay eyed the magazines without emotion. She reached out and took one out of his hands, flipping the pages with her hand. "They must of been recently put there. Was the furnace warm or luke warm at all?" She questioned, the magazine no longer mattered to her as she handed them back to him. Hearing her driver enter the room, she noted that he was there.

Just then Mercedes and another woman entered the room, talking about something amongst themselves. They sat at the table in their spots, oblivious as to what was going on and continued talking.

"Actually, the furnace was cold, as if it wasn't even turned on today." Jack answered. I've also discovered that it was a typewriter that was use in making the letters." He added as he sat near the head of the table. He got his notebook and began reading his noties, trying to see if some puzzle pieces of this mystery would fit together. "By the way...does anyone here own a gun?" Jack asked and instantly the male driver goes to him. "You found my gun?" he quickly asked.

The twins looked the Jack and the driver when he had asked about a gun. They certainly didn't own one. But then again they really didn't need one. They'd probably try to shoot random objects with it for fun and they doubted Adelay would enjoy that much.

Mercedes stopped talking to the woman and listened to what was starting to go down at the dinner table. With her hands in her lap, she leaned back into her chair, obviously it would be awhile before they ate and she was actually hungry.

Adelay sat at the head of the table and crossed one leg over the other. "How did you end up losing your gun?" She asked her driver after she was settled into her chair.

"I always had it an the glove compartment of the limo, madame. The door was lock when I checked on it last night, but when I woke up and got into the limo, it was gone." He explained as Jack wrote it down. "By the way, I'm Max, who are you? Are you the new servent head, I hope." He asked Jack and caused. Logan to give him a long cold glare. "I watch your toungue if I were you." He tells Max as he blushed actually seeing him.

Adelay watched quietly as she listened. The woman that Mercedes was talking to turned her head as another woman walked into the room.

Claire stopped walking and looked around. "What's this?" She questioned, her thick British accent was apparent. She wore skinny black pants around her legs and black boots. A white top with a long black tie covered her upper body and the black rose head band around her head. "A party?" She smirked while taking the black driving gloves off her hands. Finding her seat next to the female twin, she sat down and scooted in.

Naomi looked at Claire and then back to the men at the head of the table. Adelay leaned forward, her elbow on the table and her chin in her hand. She was getting rather bored, and Naomi snickered at her. The mistress heard the younger girl and playfully wrinkled her nose at her.

"I'm Jack, detective." he said as he shook his hand. They two soon notice the female Chauffeur come in giving off a british tone of voice. "That's Claire, she does the same thing as me." Max explained. Jack nod his head as he looks at her and the other woman Mercedes was talking to. "Excuse me, madame, but I don't think we met, I'm Jack." he said as he extended his hand.

Oliver soon came out with Nicole and began serving dinner. "Like i said, mi'lady it is your favorite. Roasted Duck with cream of celery glazed upon it." He said to her as the plates were serve. "Would you like your favorite bottle of wine to go along with it?" He asked her, being a real brown-noser.

The woman looked at Jack and smiled. "I'm Elizabeth. I'm the female head of the cleaning department." She stated, her outfit was just like Mercedes' but hers' was pure white all over, but the apron was a light pink. She smiled at him and took her hands off the table as Nicole set her dinner plate infront of hers as well as Mercedes' plate too.

Adelay sighed in relief as her dinner was set infront of her. Though she was a vampire, she could still eat human food. The stuff didn't sustain the hunger for blood for long, but if she had to, she could survive off it alone. Smelling the aroma of dinner, she looked up at Oliver and nodded. "Yes, I would like that." Looking at the twins she looked back at Oliver. "But the twins cannot have alcohol."

Naomi and Noah groaned in unison, hoping to get a little bit of wine tonight. But they didn't argue, they knew better not to. Claire patted the female twin on her head. "You'll get some when you're older." A plate was set infront of her and she grinned. It looked delicious.

The group sat and began to eat. Jack was so relieved that it wasn't noodle that he was nearly moved to tears. He took a bite and smiled loving the taste of it as he took another bite. A nice conversation as going until Andrew said, "Tell me Jack, what do you think about vampires." It caused the detective to arch a brow and look at him. "I've done a case dealing with them before. I do say they are a pain to deal with, if you're their enemy." He said and rolled up his left sleve. "This scar here was caused as a vampire attacked me for my blood." He added as the guys looked in amaze ment.

As they looked the male cleaner snucked his way in, he knew he was late, but he was tired after working on three bathrooms. He need the rest and overslept. Sadly he was caught by Logan since Shawn was the only one that smokes.

Allie choked on her food upon hearing her brother's sudden question. Though in a way, it was kind of necessary. Everyone in the castle knew but Jack, no one said anything since Adelay was the only one to supply Jack with the information, it wasn't the servants place. Looking at the scar Jack showed, she wrinkled her nose and looking away as she continued to eat.

Elizabeth leaned forward and looked at the scar briefly until Shawn walked into the room. She lightly blushed and waved at him. She wasn't going to take a bite of food until the wine was served.

Adelay shoved a bite of the duck into her mouth and chewed, the question didn't come as a suprise to her. The male gardener tended to blurt out things. But it was all harmless. Hm, she didn't know the detective dealt with a vampire before. It made her a little more comfortable knowing that he wasn't a skeptic. She looked at Logan and noticed the irritation on his face when Shawn walked in late. Reaching under the table, she patted his knee softly, signalling that it was okay and his lateness didn't bother her at all.

Logan looked at Adelay and nod his head. He was going to humilate him infront of everyone. It was his and Mercedes job to keep the others in line. Only the mistress could overrule any of their decision. As Shawn sat beside Logan, he whipsered to the male cleaner. "You're lucky the mistress is here."

Jack rolled his sleve back up as he saw Oliver and Nicole return with the wine glasses and two bottles of wine. One for the rest of the crew and the other of human blood, specificly for Adelay. Olver pours the blood for Adelay as Nicole pours for the rest of them, except the twins who had only water.

"Thank you," he said to Nicole and smile. As he looked at the red wine, he took a little sniff of it. His nise twitched not liking the scent. It wasn't because of the alcohol, no, it was something else. Upon further inspection, he notice a yellow substance at the bottom of his glass. it was only visable it looked upon very closely. Sitting next to Adelay, he notice the same substance on her. Acting fast, Jack takes a spoon and breaks her wine glass full of blood.

Back
Top Bottom