Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Vampire Mistress (Silver117xpunkrockartist91)

Adelay listened and watched him and looked at the bag with the gun. She chuckled. It was light but somewhat dark. "You chased her?" She took a sip of the red wine and shook her head. "She's an odd one, that one." Her chuckle died down and she looked at him. "Is her statement true?" She asked, walking at the same pace that he was, passing the twins as they chased each other down the hall.

Elizabeth's circular motion she was cleaning the wall with slowed down to a stop as he talked. She was the newest member of the staff in the castle other than Nicole. Nicole had been employed a half a year before Elizabeth and that was about two years ago. When she arrived, Mercedes had taken Elizabeth 'under her wing' so to speak and taught her everything she basically knew. Yet the two girls where complete opposites. She smiled softly and turned her head to him, her pink hair falling over her shoulder. "I don't think its wrong at all." She smiled, her voice happy. Other than Mercedes, Shane was the only other person in the castle she became close to. "And yes," tucking her hair behind her ears, she bent down to dip the rag back into the cleaning solution and lifted it back up, ringing the water out of it. "I did enjoy when you kissed me." She looked at him again.

"I'll have to say yes for the moment. Since she said that she hate guns, I doubt that she be the one to pull the trigger and attempt to kill me. However, this is still another problem: another set of finger prints on the handle. Yet this one was held properly and it showed that this person was wearing gloves." He said. I'm going to be heading to all the men's rooms to find more clues." he said to her. The two were nearing the first wing and calose to Logan's room.

Shawn looks up at Elizabeth and smiles with her. "If it wasn't for these injuries, I would do it again and again and again." He tells her as he shifts his body. "Ugh, I'll have to go to the pharmancy later on for more bandages" Shawn tells her.

She nodded and waited until he got to the wing to turn around and leave him. "If you find anything, make sure you know what room it belongs in. Some of the rooms tend to get confusing." Her voice was soft while it echoed down the hall as she walked away. "I trust you got the permission from Logan, so feel free to search. Just make sure to put whatever it is that you tear up, back."

She slightly blushed as she listened to him. Putting the rag on the wall, she started to scrub the dirt and smell away. "Okay," she stated. "If you need help with the bandaging, just let me know and I'll be glad to help you." After she finished one wall, she grabbed the bucket and walked to the other and repeated the same process.

"No worries, it'll just be a routine check at first. If i dod find anything intresting, I'll dive deeper." Jack said to Adelay as they head to the guy's wing of the castle. "By the way, enjoying you glass of blood?" he said and winked at her knowing the truth about her. He was going to reval it once they were alone. This was a perfect time since the servent were doing their own thing.

Shawn nod his head and forced himself up. He was tough, yet stubborn. He stagers a bit and manages to stand stright up. "Like I said, he hit's like a girl." He chuckled and begins scrubbing the last wall of Adelay's room.

She paused a moment and turned to him with a smirk. "What are you talking about?" She said sarcastically. Tipping the glass, a small flow of red wine fell from the glass to the floor. "It's wine." Showing him her petite fangs, she took a small sip and turned back around, walking away. Atleast now they didn't have to have a night of show and tell with him. He was smart enough to figure it out on his own.

Elizabeth frowned at him but didn't say anything knowing how stubborn he was. Sighing, she shook her head with a small smile and continued to scrub the wall. Atleast it would be faster if they both did the work together. Even if he was injured and shouldn't be working, she still appreciated his knack for atleast doing his part whether he could do it or not.

A smirk ran across his face as he look around Logan's room. It was as neat and tidy as it could get. A classical and large room for someone that serves Adelay. Seeing the size of it, he knew that this could take ahile, espically if all the other servents rooms were like this. Once of the key things Jack notice was his collection of swords, most f them were Épées. "A fencer..." Jack though as he carefully examines them.

Max was listening to music while laying on the roof of Adelay's limo. He had his shades on as he relaxed under the sun. He sees Clare come by however it was in the mood she usually have. "Something's eating you C?" He asked her.

The twins giggled and ran down the hallway with bundles of sheets for Adelay's room and blew raspberries at Jack as he examined Logan's room, and continued to run off. The sheets and blankets were for Adelay's bed since the disaster it was in last night, Elizabeth had told the twins to bring them up a little while after they started cleaning the room.

Claire shot Max a look and grumbled, before kicking the tire with the shoe of her boot. Sighing out of frustration, she crossed her arms and leaned against the limbo just like she did against the wall earlier. "That guy chased me around the whole damn garden."

Jack chuckled from hearing the twins and continued of snooping around. He opens one of the desk drawers and noticed a photograph. It was Logan when he was younger, but there was another person. It wasn't Adelay, no, it a older man. "Intresting..." he mutters to himself before putting it back. An old photo...jack definately had to press the head butler on that.

"Who the detective?" Max asked as he tilts his shades up. He knew that the detective would turn things upside down, but he never would have imagine him chacing some one. A smirk ran down his face as he tells her, "That's strange, normaly you love it when a man chaces you." He soon laughs it the comment he made, not caring if she retaliates or not.

Mercedes hummed as she walked down the hallway, she had just finished making the beds of everyone's room in the wing. All except Logan's. Though she didn't really care, the bastard could make his own damn bed. Looking inside, she frowned and noticed Jack. She almost forgot that he'd be going through everyone's rooms. Rolling her eyes she continued to walk inside to make the bed. If she didn't, she'd get introuble and she really wasn't in the mood to be scoulded.

Claire grumbled and looked away. "Figuratively." She bite out. "Not literally. I had to run a marathon just to get him off my tail. I even jumped over the bushes and the gardeners and twins sitting on a bench to try to lose him. But he jumped over them too." She removed her hat and ran a gloved hand through her blonde hair. "So when the idiot did catch up to me, to drag me down, he held onto my boobs like a life line."

"Mercedes..." he said as she came inside. He saw the frown on her face and he goes to her. "Is everything okay?" He asked though he probbly bet it was something minor. A thought soon sparked his mind as he remembered that photo. He goes back to the desk drawer to take it out and shows it to Mercedes. "Do you know this man?" Jack asked and points to the old guy next to Logan.

Max laughed harder hearing that he actually groped her while tackling her down. "I'm sure it was an accident. He doesn't look the perverted type." Max replies and noticed her blushing face. "Besides you make it sound like no one has ever groped you before. I'm sure he'll apologise for being too rough on you. Why was he chasing you in the first place?" He said to her.

Mercedes looked at him and nodded at his question. She was perfectly fine, she was just working is all. Once he left her, she began to make Logan's bed. That was until Jack shoved a photo in her face. Her frowned deepened and her brows furrowed. "Where did you get that?" She asked, glancing at the photo a moment before looking at Jack in the face.

Claire rolled her eyes and leaned her head back against the door of the limo, her hat sitting on the hood. She looked up at him not knowing if he was looking at her due to his shades, but figured he wasn't. "He was questioning me about your missing gun." She shrugged, a gentle breeze went by filled with scents of flowers and the leaves rustled in the trees. Her short blonde hair blowing in her face.

"I found this in his desk drawer. Do you know him?" Jack's brow arched as he sees Mercedes expression after showing the photo. "Is he a close friend, a reletive?" he continued to press her wanting more answers. He turned to photo and sees a message. "4-30: Never forget!!" was written on the back. A very puzzling message if he does say so himself. He returns the photo back and wrote the clue down.

"A gun?!" Max said as he took his shades off. He slides off the roof of the limo and stands in front oof her. "Clare...don't tell me you did it. Don't tell me you're the blackmailer" He said with a serious look.

Mercedes stayed quiet and continued to make the bed as he pressed for more answers. She didn't know what to think. She thought Logan got rid of that photo a long time ago. But then again, the photo was slightly important to the man. Fluffing up the pillows, she sighed and yawned a moment before finishing and looking at Jack. "No. He's not a relative."

All she could do was snort and it was very unlady like. "No. I'm not the stupid ass blackmailer. I took the gun because it's unsafe to have." She stated, not even moving from where she was or what position she was in, but she did move her gaze to look at him from the corner of her eye. "I don't like guns. You know that."

"Then who is he?" Jack asked her again. He wanted answers about this and knew how hesitant she was being. It must be someone from the past from this look of how Mercedes was reacting. "Well, if you're not going to tell me. then I'll have to ask Adelay about it then." He told her wanting to see her reaction.

"I know, but it didn't give you the right to steal mine. Besides you have your own limo to drive. It's not like I barge into yours to steal your stuff." Max glared at her knowing he was mad. He knew about that condition when she saw him buy one at a store, they haven't talked for days after that incident. Max soon sighed and scratched his head. "I think you should apologize to Jack. If you just tell him up front and quit acting like the stubborn mule you are, then that chse wouldn't have happend." he said as he left to see Andew and Allie.

"No!" Before she knew it, Mercedes jolted and reached out, grabbing his wrist. "Don't do that. Logan would get into so much trouble." She mumbled softly and slowly let go of his wrist. "You have to put that picture back. Even if he's not supposed to have it. Though Logan and I don't get along, I'm nice enough not to allow him to get into trouble for something you found."

Claire rolled her eyes. Apologize for what? For his idiocracy. Taking her hat, she put it back onto her head and yawned. She was tired. More tired than she normally was due to the lack of sleep last night. Since she wasn't supposed to be driving anyone around or do anything around the castle today, she decided that maybe a nap would be much appreciated. With that, she made her way back into the castle and up the stairs to her room to get at least an hour or seven of shut eye.

"Then I suggest you tell me about him." Jack knew he was on to something that it made his skin craw with excitement. He looks into Mercedes eyes, the same eyes that pleasured her last night. He could scense the fear as he soon gave a sigh. "I'll put it up and leave the room once you tell. Whatever you tell me will remain secret so you two won't get in trouble. You have my word." he said calmly.

Mercedes stammered and let out a slow sigh. Her hands found her hips and she looked away from him, debating on whether or not to tell him. But he promised and if he told, then she said she should of known better. She didn't want to trust him but she really didn't have a choice if it could help with this case. "He's-he was the lord of the castle before Adelay came." She stated softly, lifting her gaze to his face and into his eyes.

His eyes were locked on hers as she answered him. He locked those words into memory. Just like he agreed, he placed the picture back into the drawer before going baack to her. "I will keep my word. You don't have to worry." He said with a smile. He soon pressed his lips to hers in a light kiss before exiting Logan's room. "One room down, plenty to go..." he thought as he heads to the next room which was Oliver's.

She paused as he kissed her and turned her head, watching him walk out Logan's room. Sighing, she looked up at the ceiling thanking whatever spirit was up there and praying that none of that would end up on at the dinner table or around the castle any time soon. She was just glad that he didn't ask for anything other than the man in the picture. No other details were said. Looking around, she finished cleaning the room and quickly left just like she came.

Room-by-room, search by search. Jack was learning more and more about the male servents of the castle. "Though he was learing more about him, it wasn't helping him get any clues to the case. "How annoying, not a damn cle. I know they're not that squeeky clean." he muttered to himself as he enters the last room which belongs to Shawn. Once he enters. he sees Elizabeth there. She looked sad as she sat on his bed. "Something the matter Miss Elizabeth?" he asked as he goes to her.

"I'm sorry Allie, but that's what she said." Andrew told his sister. "I know you hate but that was the Adelays' word. Don't worry, I can handle it." he said. He knew it would piss her off from what she said. She loves the garden, yet she can only doso little. And yet, that twins that are younger then her are able to do a lot more and get more perks then her.

Elizabeth looked up at Jack when he entered the room, her hand over her chest since he kind of scared her a bit. Calming down seeing that it was only him, she nodded. "Yes. I'm fine. I just finished making Shawn's bed and redding up a little." Her smile was soft and she pushed down on the bed, standing up. Forming her hands over the apron tied around her waist, she smoothed out the wrinkles. "Are you searching for something?"

Allie rolled her eyes and shrugged. "It's whatever. I'm tired of being treated like dirt because we work in it. We're people too and we reserve respect. And yet the twins can frolic around like children when they have duties too." Grabbing a small hand shovel, she let her frustration out on a small pile of dirt and started to dig.

An eyebrow arched as he looked at her. He takes as closer look at her face and then the bed the blanket may have been a dark color, but he could see some tiny spots on the there. He there looked into her eyes again. the was a bit red for any eyes. Putting the logic together he came up with a simple conclusion. "Miss. Elizabeth, have you been crying?" he asked her calmly.

"Well taking it out on that patch a dirt won't solve anything, sis." Andrew told her as he knealed beside her. He placed her head on his shoulder and caresses her head gently. "Tell you what, I'll ask her for you. I hate seeing you angry like this. he offeres to her.

Elizabeth gasped a little and looked away from him. "Y-yes. But it's not important." Waving her hand as if it were nothing, she blinked her eyes closed and gently wiped her eyes of any access moisture. All in all, she was just upset about Shane and how he seemed to be the castle's punching bag. It was just wrong and deep inside, it angered her to know someone was treated like that without her being able to do anything.

Allie hugged her brother and nodded. Bit she didn't say anything else. It was more than likely that even if he did ask, he wouldn't get anywhere. Adele was getting quite irritated and on edge lately. Hopefully the vampire mistress wouldn't do anything worse to him other than saying no.

Jack nod at her saying, but was still curious on what she's crying about. Lookin at how she was reacting, he had a few good ideas why. "I understand. Just so you know, you can talk to me about anything. I'm like to listen." he tells her as he rubs her back. He got back to searching around his room as Elizabeth continued cleaning. Opening one of the drawers, Jack found somethings of intrest: a letter opener, and a few letters.

Andrew lets his sister continue to work on the garden as he heads over to see adelay relaxing. "Mistress, I would like a word with you." he said going to her. He was confident in what he was going to say. He didn't feel taking a no for an answer for his sister's sake.

Elizabeth shook her head. No longer in the mood to talk about her personal problems. It was Shane's business. And he trusted her enough to atleast show he had problems. But being a punching bag wasn't the best sect to hide. Atleast she would nurse him and be there for him when he needed or called her. Continuing to clean the room, she finished by fluffing the pillows and watched Jack as he wen through Shane's things. "Did you find something?" Her voice was still kind. As if she were never sad before.

Delay stopped what she was doing and looked at the gardener rather boredly. Atleast this would be slightly interesting than the paper work she was currently going through. She couldn't say that she wanted to speak to the man either but, it could be worse. Sighing, she set the papers back down on the desk and looked up at him from where she was sitting. "What is it?"

Back
Top Bottom