Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Vampire Mistress (Silver117xpunkrockartist91)

Silver117

Pulsar
Story I: First Case, First Encounters​

This is Chicago...A hot town to live, epically in the summer time. It was high noon and the sun was roasting everyone that went out to play. Him? He didn't like to go outside. Too much of a hassle if he do say so himself. The name's Holiday, Jack Holiday. He's 30 years old and a detective. The past few years, He's been solving the most sick and twisted cases that has crawled out of the underbelly of this city. Year after year, the cases gets stranger and stranger. Sometimes he refuse to take it since it didn't peaked my interest. As of right now, this detective is dead broke. Living on noodles and beer isn't his definition of a healthy appetite, but with no cases picking up, what else could he do?

It was late in the afternoon when he herd a loud bang on my door. "What the fuck?" He called out as it disturbed his nap. He gave a big yawn as he opened the door to see no one was there. Below my feet was a package and a letter. "I require your assistance, detective. I'm in grave danger. If you accept, please put on the gift inside the box." the note read. Jack opened it to discover a blood red ring. Naturally he laughed it off thinking that this was some sort of prank by those damn kids on the street. He looked it for what seemed like hours. No way that this could be real. Jack sighed a pathetic sigh and decided, "What the hell, I'll give it a go." He could probably pawn if it was a joke. He puts the ring on and nothing happened; just as he thought. He soon blinked and was transported to another place. It made him shiver wondering where the hell I was.

Adelay Turner growled under her breath. She was getting highly irritated and not just because of her current situation, but for the fact that her patience was warring thin. She crossed her right leg over her left as she sat in the throne room of her castle, her elbows resting on the arm rests of the large, elegant yet comfortable black chair. Nipping the inside of her cheek with her fangs, she blinked as a few of her servants scurried about doing whatever it is they were supposed to be doing.

Huffing, she brought her left arm up and set her chin in her hand. "Stupid humans..." She mumbled. Sure, she had been one at one time but that had been such a long time ago that she almost forgot she used to be one. A sudden dim flash of light caught her gaze in the middle of the room and her red eyes moved over to where the light had come from. Smirking, she maneuvered her hand so that her fingers were curled and her cheek was resting against them. "So," Adelay commented. Her voice was soft and laced with a slight French accent though it wasn't too noticable. "You decided to accept my plea for help, did you." She was beyond happy, though her stoic eyes didn't show it. Now she would be rid of the insufferable black mails and the threats to have her murdered while her jewels and valuables were being carried off without her acceptance.

Jackwas at a gasp of what just happend. He remembers toying with the ring and then he was transported here. He was on the floor for a few seconds until he herd a voice. He got up looked around only to notice a lovely woman with bright red stoic eyes. "Wait... what?" He said a first until he remembered the letter. It did say that if he accepted that he had to put the ring on.

He looks at the ring and tries to pull it off, however, it woulding budge an inch. It was perminately stuck on his right ring finger. He gave a sigh before giving up and talks to the lady. "I guess so. Jack Holiday, at your service Miss..." he stopped since he didn't know her name the letter didn't give a signature after all.

She smirked, knowing the man had no idea where he was or even how in the world he got here. He accepted and he couldn't back out now. Watching as he tried to pull the ring off of his finger, she raised an eyebrow. "It won't come off until your acceptance is filled." Adelay stated as she moved to stand up out of her chair. Her white hair flowed around her as she took every step.

Then she wondered, what he would call her. She figured if he was solving something that had become so personal to her in the past few months, she mentally sighed and looked at the man infront of her. He was slightly taller than she was and she could feel the warmth of his body even though she wasn't very close to him. "Adelay Turner." Her soft voice came. "Whatever you decide to call me, is what you wish."

"Alright Adelay, I guess it call you that." He replied as he watched her walk around like that. He felt a strang aura around him with every step she took. He didn't flinch as the feeling was a mixture of good and bad. His eyes soon peered to her skin and hair, perfecly white as snow. He had a few assumptions about this woman, but he'll hold it off for now. "So it won't come off until I solve the case, eh? Alright then I'll solve it." He goes into his pocket inside is long coat and grabbed a small book. It where he mostly keep his clues and information. 'So tell, me Miss. Adelay, what seems to be the trouble?' He asked as he got his pen.

Adelay watched him with a raised eyebrow. He was...odd. Watching as he pulled out the book, she stood infront of him and put her hands behind her back, her left hand gently crapsing her right wrist. "It seems that an acquaintance of mine, whether it be servant or friend, has decided to blackmail me out of all my money and valuables." She stated. "I don't know who since the letters are not hand written and without a trace of scent. And if they are desperate to get my money, then it comes down to a servant." Listening as the people around them finished up with their duties, she kept her eye on him. He even looked odd for a human. "And to keep me from doing anything about it, they have sworn to have me killed if I suddenly lash out."

Jac began writing down every word she said, well not not every word, but wodrs that can help the investigation go forward. His eyes soon glued over to staff as they were just finishing up. Not one of them said a word as they head to into the kitchen. If it was one of her servents as she said, then Adelay would be right on the money base on the looks he seen from them.His eye soon shifted back to her. "Miss Adelay, these papers you talked about, do you still have them?" He asked as he read her words once more. "Has this person already got an amount ans is still trying to get more?" Heasked wanting to know more about the balckmailer.

Without a word, she slightly nodded and turned around. "I do," she began as she walked deeper into the throne room. "Follow me." She had the letters hidden in a manilla envelope which was locked in a small cedar chest on the desk in her study. Though it had been centuries since she actually went in there to study, she still used to room when it need be. "I've kept every once since I got the first one." Adelay started, knowing that he couldn't be far behind. "As for the amount they've taken," she pondered as she reached a red wooded door with an off black knob and entricate designs along the edges. "If my estimates are correct, a little over 10 grand alone. I fear that if it goes on any longer, their thieving eye would turn to something more," there was a pause as she turned to look at him as she opened the door. "valuable."

Inside was a stair case, with a dimmed light of hanging candles every few feet that was hooked to the ceiling. One of the servants took a hold of the door. The woman was small and lithe, her black hair was short and she was wearing a maid lolita outfit. She bowed after taking ahold of it for Adelay to pass through. Slowly, she started up the stair case.

Jack nod his head and followed her to the throne room. "Very good. This should help out most definately." He tells her. It was strange that the blackmailer would request small amounts. From the looks of this place, he suspected her net worth were in the millions, if not more. "Valuable..." He said in a concern look. His suspicions about his client was increasing. He notices the maid coming to hold the door for them. Jack gave a long look at her for memory sake. 'Quite lovely for a maid' he thought as his eyes returns to Adelay. "If you don't mind, I will be questioning your servents...all of them." He tells her and walks up the stairs with her.

She listened to the echo of his voice as she ascended the stairs. "Very well." Her voice echoed back while she stepped up a few stairs one at a time quite gracefully. "I would do the same if I were a detective." Adelay heard the door softly close as she continued. "There's a lot of stairs, halls, rooms and such in the castle. If you get lost, don't be afraid to ask a servant where you would like to go." A few more flights of stairs and she came to a door on the right side. It looked the same as the one they entered through.

"This the east wing of the castle, my study room habits here." She waited until he finished going up the stairs until she opened the door. The hallway was somewhat gothic looking. The floors and columns were a grey marble, the candles that light up the dark spaces were white and the carpet at their was dark red. Adelay watched some servants as they walked out of one of the rooms, the guest room where he was to stay, and bowed infront of her. "Good evening, Mistress." They said together, one boy and one girl. They looked to be brother and sister, though both wore dark pants, a white button up shirt, a small black top hat and black shoes. "Evening." She stated boredly.

Jack was amazed seeing the the looks of the castle. This was his first time being in one so there was no doubt he was in awe. "If it's not to much to ask, Miss Adelay, a map of the place would do wonders for me." He said as he caught up with her to the study. His eyes soon turned to the two servent that looked like twin siblings. They nod to him and he does the same before they left. Out the corner of his eye, he saw the girl giving a disgusted look on her face as they left. He definately wasn't going to let that go. "I'm guessing the room the came out of is mine until the case is solve, eh?" He said to her was they enters the study with her.

She nodded as they entered. "Yes it is. This is the easiest wing to not get lost in unless you would like to, of course." She smirked as she made her way to the red cherry oak desk with books piled upon it. Pulling out a faded looking folded paper, she handed it to him. "This is a map. Don't lose it." She stated simply. "Its the only one of the castle we have. Though I shall not need it, some of the servants tend to get lost at times." There was a soft huff and she waited for him to take it.

Once it was done, she walked over to the seat the was pushed into the desk and pulled it away. Opening a drawer with key she had somewhere on her body, she took out the small cedar chest and opened it. "Every letter is in there." She stated and pushed it to him. "If you find something interesting in those letters that I somehow missed, please let me know." She kicked the drawer closed and watched him.

"I thank you kindly, this beats my office/home." He said in a chuckled, but he really ment it. It had been years since he slept on a bed. Needless to say an office chair isn't that comfortable. He tales the map and looked over it carefuly. Unlike most detectives, he starts off with the 'not so obvious' locations. For instince, the laundry room, the den the servents quarters, and the stables. He then observed the major areas: both east and west wings. the kitchen, the study, and the garden, and the foryer, He slps it into his back pocket and nod his head.

He takes a look at one of the papers and arched a brow. She was right, the letters were from from either magazines or news papers. He felt the letter and smirked a bit. "Do you have any computers or typewriters?" he asked her.

Adelay looked at him and then over the letters from the back as he did. "We have type writers." Computers normally hurt her sensitive eyes and she didn't like the uncomfortable feeling that the bright screens gave off. "There are some computers around but the servants use them if need be." She tapped her nails against the polished wood of the desk and looked at him. "I have looked around as to find magazines that were cut up. But I found none." It was grating on her nerves, knowing that all ends where dead ends and she couldn't go any further than where she was. She felt trapped in her own home.

"I'm not suprised about it. If I know your blackmailer, he or she done two things to them. One: shreadded them, or two: Burned them." He said with confidence. He then showed her that some of the letters in the note were typed on the typewriter. "Who here owns one or frequently uses them the most?" He asked he as he looks into her eyes. He was going to start his investigation now. Hopefully he'll get some clues before dinner.

She frowned as he spoke and thought for a moment. "Hm, I couldn't say." Adelay turned her head like a dog as she thought. "You might get something more out of the servants. I do not use typewriters unless I have to. There's a head maid and butler in the castle, they might know more about it than I." She spoke softly. The cooks didn't really use typewriters. So it must of been someone's hobby. "You could also snoop around the servant courters if you'd like. That is if they let you." Then there was a smirk.

"I just might after all I...wait...if they let me?" He arched a brow again hearing this bit of news. He soon hands her back the letters and smiled a cool smile at her. "I have my ways." Was all he said to her as he adjusted his tie. The door soon opened and a tall looking gentleman, about a few incher taller then jack, came into the study. He was the head butler who wore a red and black butler like tuxedo and had slick black hair. He cleared his throat for a second and looked at the two of them. "Sorry for intruding, milady, but I herd that the gentleman wanted to question us servents. I have no problem being question." He told them with a strict british tone in his voice.

Adelay, still with a smirk on her face, noticed her head butler at the door when Jack went to walk out. Nodding, she waved her hand in an effortless manor. "Indeed." She stated as she moved to the front of the desk and leaned against it. "As you wish, just don't let the man injure himself or get lost." The woman stated and watched as another person moved into the door way on the opposite side the the butler had came.

The woman had bright green eyes and golden yellow hair that was braided behind her to her mid back. A lacy white head dress with a black bow in the middle adorned her head and a long dark grey dress with long sleeves and a white bow tie covered her body along with a white apron. She bowed. "My lady." She said softly, though her eyes told a different story and she bowed in the door way a few moments before standing up straight, she was rather short. Only touching 5 foot. "I just don't think someone as strangeristic as he should be going through the maids things."

"I see no problem with this investigation. Surely you don't have anything to hide, do you?" The butler said glaring at her. Though he works with her to keep the other servents in line, he rarely sees eye-to-eye with her. "You two can bicker at another time as for now I prefer to get this investigation on the way." Jack told the two of them. "Of course," he said and escouts Jack to his room. As they walked, Jack got his pen and notebook out to sketch the head butler. "Your name, please?" Jack said breaking the ice first. "Logan, Logan Evert" he replies, "I'm the head butler in this castle. My job is to manage the west wing of the castle and to keep all male servents in line." The two reached his room to began the private investigation.

The woman kept her growl at bay and stopped the urge to roll her eyes as Logan talked to her. Ugh, he was the most insufferable and irritating man she had ever met in her life. She didn't talk further when the men went into a room to talk. Bawling her hands into fists, she growled as Adelay watched her with an amused expression.

Her head maid was a fiery woman indeed and it entertained her to no end. Smiling she began to speak. "Do you have something to hide, Mercedes?" The woman shot her gaze to her Mistress and she shook her head. "No, miss. But I don't think you like having your things searched through top and bottom." She stated, women had their secrets, that was no lie. But still. Privacy was privacy.

"How long have you worked for Miss. Adelay?" Jack started off with basic questions before he got into the meat of the matter. His eyes were locked onto him hopeing to get at least a single twitch from him. "I've worked for the mistress for years. Out of everyone in this castle, I've been her the longest." he said truthfully.

"How many servents are there in the castle?" Was Jack's next question. "There are twelve, good sir. Though there are only six positions: Head, Laundry, Cook, Gardener, Driver, and Cleaner. Each position contains one man and one woman." Logan answered. Doing the figure in his head, Jack did come up with twelve. "The lady you met with the attitude is Mercedes, the head miad of the castle." Logan added and Jack nod.

"When did this blackmail take place?" Was the next question. "I think it was days ago, a week perhaps." Logan answer, yet he was unsure of it. "You sure? By the looks of the first letter. It seemed longer." Jack said pressing him. "I say that because she kept it silent at first. When I saw her lose her temper a few days back, she told me and Mercedes why." He explained hoping that was unstanding.

"Who mostly uses or own typewriters or computers?" Was his last question. "I don't know persay, but I knoe Mercedes bought a new computer recently. As for type writers. The two garders, brother and sister, each owns one." Logan answered. Jack remembered seeing two that looked like siblings. He pondered on that for a bit since he if they were the gardeners or not.

Adelay pondered it for a moment and nodded. No, she didn't rather enjoy having a person go through her things whether she knew them or not. Mercedes had a point. But because of the importanance of the matter at hand; her money, her life and even the castle and the lives who tended to it, were at stake. She didn't want to risk it because one person wanted to ruin it for everyone else. "I guess not." She breathed and let her demeanor break for a moment, her shoulders slumped and she rolled her neck around to fix any kinks from stress out of the muscles.

Mercedes gave a curt nod, she figured Adelay would agree. Though the woman was a brute force to be reckoned with, she dare not irk her mistress. She knew first hand what an angry Adelay was like and she didn't want to be at the recieving end of it one bit. Placing her hands infront of her, she laced her fingers together as she looked at the ground, waiting. Adelay looked at the girl, still leaning against the desk as she did.

"I suggest you talk to Mercedes next, She should still be tending to the mistress as we speak, yet I must warn you, her attitude is as bad as the mistress, she won't be that easy. I'll make sure to tell the men to allow you to question them and to investigate their rooms. I believe in honor for I to want this blackmailer to be done for." Logan said as he got up. "Thank you," Jack replied as they both head back to the study. Jack read over his notes he got from Logan begore truning the page to star one for the head maid.

The two entered the study and sure enough they were there. "Mistress, the questiong is over. Mercedes, Mr. Holiday would like to speak to you. Please be on your best behavior." Logan said. He told that to Mercedes as if she was the rudest person in the castle. Jack could already see the sparks of hate when their eyes locked on one another.

Mercedes turned her gaze as the men came back and glared daggers at Logan as he talked to her. If only looks could kill. Growling, she crossed her arms and looked at Jack, waiting for him to take her to a different room to talk like he had done to Logan. Irrogant bastard of a butler. He made her want to punch things. Yet she'd still have to clean it up, so it was pretty much a lose-lose situation.

Adelay watched the scene before her with amusement in her eyes, the woman knew about the butler and maid's hatered for one another, the reason she didn't know though. Running her tongue over her fangs behind her mouth, she pushed herself from the desk and crossed her arms. "Well, I have some other business to attend to. If you need me, I'll be most likely in the gardens or back here." With that, she walked past Mercedes and Jack and walked down the hall. Mercedes bowed to her as she passed and waited for Jack to further his investigation. She was getting slightly impatient, but that was something she could easily handle.

"And I should be getting back to. I don't want her lazyness to infect a high class butler as myself." He said insulting his partner one more time. He bowed to Jack before leaving as Jack looked at the steaming mad maid. To him, she was like a ticking time bomb at the moment. One false move and her wrath could drown him. "Calm yourself Miss. Mercedes. Childish worlds shouldn't effect a lady such as yourself." Jack said to calm her down. "Well, since they cleared out, how about i question you right here. Be a waste of time moving to another room." he said and sat on Adelay's desk. He bengs to sketch mercedes face and then he asked the same questions as he did Logan, wondering if there's a small trip in his words or if he need to press her to get more answers.

Back
Top Bottom