Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mercenaries (sinfulrook & Loveme)

Once she finished, she clothed and moved out of the room. Feeling fresh, beautfiul then she had in awhile. "Thank you...." She nodded towards him softly, smiling in graditude towards him. "I feel amazing... Clean... Fresh..."

He smiled at the girl and nodded. "Same here." He told her and then began to walk upstairs to his room, grabbing all of his gear and weaponry. He then ordered all his men to meet outside the city gates since they were about to depart for the largest Nord city, Sargoth.

Following closely behind, she felt empty without anything to carry. Like the others. Watching them all line up, she smiled softly. Seeing how they listened to him so easily.

Once everyone had been ready and outside the gates, he looked to his horse and slowly climbed onto it, petting its mane gently. He then turned his gaze to Katana. "Come on up, you'll be riding with me." He told her, all the men feeling a bit jealous that the captain had a girl to ride with him.

Nodding, she grabbed his hand and slowly climbed up onto the horse. Shying away as she noticed the mens looks. Anyone could see they were jealous of their leader... But that wad his choice. She could of rode by herself.

Leo had men on horseback and on foot, but he knew that he had to keep a small pace so they could all keep up. He lightly whipped the reins of the horse and the horse began to walk slowly, all of his men following close behind. The sun was still high in the sky, it was only noon or so, and Leo was headed east, towards the Nord capital of Sargoth.

"They are jealous... That you have a woman on your horse and they don't... Have you ever maye thought about... Letting woman join them? They get lonely I'm sure..." Her voice trailed off as she loosed her grip around his waist. At the moment, they weren't moving fast enough for her to have to hold on.

Leo kept his eyes ahead, scanning to the left and to the right once in a while once they were further away from the town they were just in. He listened to her when she spoke, then chuckled when she was done. "Oh they're free to bring women along with them, just that not many female fighters exist. You are one of very few." He told her truthfully as they continued along the plains. "My only rule in this band is that there are no prostitutes allowed, mostly because my men will be distracted while we're on the path, and they'd be in more danger if they protected them." He said, remembering what happend a few months ago when he had a few men and one of them brought a prostitute along.

Nodding, she laughed softly. "They don't have to be fighters, I'm not a fighter. I just no enough to protect myself..." Shrugging, she looked around the path. Seeing nothing look strange, just a buch of trees, loose stragglers that were probably trying to get into the next town.

"Well that's true, but I'd rather have someone who can hold a sword and defend themselves rather than be a burden on my men." He said with a slight shrug. He didn't care for his men to have women around them, he just didn't want distractions during a battle or having attached feelings. "Some of these guys have wives at home, and that's why they joined me, is because I pay them." He said with a smile.

"Are you worried.... About them having feelings towards one? Then they are killed... and that man can't function right?" Her voice trailed off, waiting fir his responce. If he was concerned about attached feelings... Maybe she shouldn't be traveling with him.

"Sometimes... But I know that men can get attached..." He said with a slight blush on his face and looked down at the path under them, the horse trotting along slowly. "I just hope that if my men do suffer something like that, they'd at least turn that anger against the enemy and not friends." He said with a sigh and looked back at her, still blushing a bit.

"If that is so.... Maybe I should leave you and your men?" Her voice seemed to trail off as she looked into the woods. "It seems, that if we were to stay together... We could maybe have feelings towards one another... That could cuse one ornboth of us to get hurt? Maybe it's best, that I leave..."

"No, you know how to defend yourself, so there's no need for me to worry about you too much." He said to her and looked back at her with a sincere smile, knowing his men can't hear them, only see them on the horse talking. "Besides, I'd rather have a woman be safe with us rather than off on her own in these dangerous times." He told her and looked at the few clouds passing by over their heads.

Smiling and shaking her head slightly, she nodded in agreement. "Fine.... But if anything happens to me... I blame you." She jokingly stuck her tongue out, laughin. As she glanced up. "How much further...? Until wherever we are going?"

"that's a long time...." She spoke softly. Frowning at the answer. Two weeks on horseback, that would be a very different feeling and experience for her. She could already feel the motions of the horse etching into her muscles.

(hey, I know we had that idea where a evil king captures them. When were we going to do it?)

As they continued along the path, he stopped his men after a few hours for a quick meal before it got too dark to see. "It is quite a long time, but then again, if there was any way to travel faster, I'd take it in an instant." He said to her as the food was being prepared by their most skilled cook.

(They'll be caught while they're travelling, don't worry ^^)

"Hmm...." She laughed softly as se climbed off the horse. Stretching her body, she frowned. Feeling her muscles aching. "That ride... Is killing me... I haven't rode a horse for that long... Well ever."
Shrugging, she laughed softly and set down on a small stump.

(I get inpatient lol)

Leo chuckled at her as she sat on the stump next to him and handed her some food that has finished cooking. Most of the soldiers were grouped up with whoever they talked to the most, but they were all friends, and they could both see that some men wandered around the groups, talking here and there. "You'll get used to it, it's much better than walking." He said with another chuckle and ate his food slowly.

Nodding, she started to eat the food slowly. Once she was finished, she moved to help them clean up. She had to do something. Beside just lounge around eat and not clean up. That would be rude. Even though she had been brought up around rudeness, she wasn't going to be rude.

Leo watched as the girl helped clean everything up with a smile, nodding a bit to himself, knowing that she will be working for her stay there. He looked up at the sky and noticed the sun was still rather high, so he figured they had a few more hours of daylight before they had to stop to camp for the night. As everyone got ready, he got on his horse and waited for her to hop on.

"The horse... Again?" She laughed as she finished speaking. "Really.. They should make you like a buggy so you can travel in it..." Her foot propped against the rest as she pulled herself onto the saddle once again.

"Would you rather be pulled in a cart on the bumpy road? I think this is a bit easier." He said with laughter as she hopped on. He waited for his men to get ready and then they were off once more down the road towards the capital. Somehow, Leo couldn't help but feel that something was amiss, he didn't know what, he just felt it.

Back
Top Bottom