Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mercenaries (sinfulrook & Loveme)

He was right, it didn't hurt as bad as she thought it would. Watching as he moved aside. Her hand immediately moving to his as the nurse spoke. Telling her she had indeed pulled one open. Whimpering as she heard her, she closed her eyes. Laying back on the bed so the nurse could re close it.

"When can I leave...?" She asked softly. Katana knew she was ready to move on, to thank the men that had helped Leo free her. Her hand squeezing tightly around his as the nurse pulled the bandages away from the opened wound.

The nurse unbandaged the young girl and looked at the wound, quickly closing it back up without causing any serious or annoying pain. "If you don't open it again, you can leave right after I put your new bandages on." She said with a smile and began to wrap her wounds back up.

Leo smiled and then looked down into the girl's eyes. "I'm assuming you want to come with us?" He asked her, still holding her hand, the feeling of her hands rather smooth, even if she was tortured for a long time.

Katana laughed sofly for the first time. "Yes... I won't re-open it. Promise." Smiling as she felt the nurse finish the bandages, she nodded and thanked her. Then, she heard Leo talking about coming with them. "Will I get in your way?"

"If I can, and not get in your way I do want to come with you." She smiled softly, the roughness of the mans hands evident in her soft skin.

Leo smiled and shook his head to her question. "As long as you can hold a weapon and defend yourself, you will not be in the way." He told her and helped her slowly stand up to her feet, making sure she didn't open up her wounds again. He thanked the nurse and left the infirmary with Katana.

"Let's go to the inn, grab a nice, hot meal and get you introduced to everyone." He said as he helped her walk slowly towards the inn that his men were spending the night in.

"That sounds wonderful...." Her voice trailed off as she looked around the town. Smiling softly, it was nice to see a town as an actual guest, not part of a raid. Leaning against the man next to her, she made her way down the walkways.

"I believe I can manage to hold a weapon. If not, you can just teach me right?" Shrugging, she laughed softly and saw the sign for the inn. "The man... That had me. Is he still with you?"

Leo chuckled and nodded when she laughed. He then nodded to her other question as well. "Yes, we always keep the lords as prisoners. It is wrong to keep them as prisoners for money, but it is the only way we can make money, as well as teach them a lesson." He told her quietly and entered the inn.

His men were all sober and eating breakfast. He went up to his lieutenant and introduced Katana. "Katana, this is my 2nd in commandm Lt. Harlan." He said, and the man stood up and bowed, taking the girl's hand and shaking it softly.

Nodding, she smiled softly. Walking into the inn, she could see all the men stationed around different tables. Most of them eating breakfast. Some just reading the towns paper or talking. When she walked in, she felt their eyes focus on her.

Shying away, she still leaned against Leo. Mostly for support. "Nice to meet you... Thank you, for saving me." She nodded towards him and the other men in the room.

All the men cheered for the victory they had yesterday once she thanked them. "Haha, calm down boys, just enjoy your breakfast and your stay here, we'll be out on the move again soon." Leo said with a smile and turned to his lieutenant. "So where's the prisoner?" He asked him, sounding a bit more serious.

"He's being watched in one of the rooms upstairs, we fed him and let him bathe, just as you told us." Harlan said with a nod. Leo nodded to his man and then turned to Katana. "If you want we can go see him." He told her, knowing she would probably want some revenge.

Laughing softly, she watched as they cheered. They were all great fighters and deserved to celebrate. Nodding towards them, she froze in place when he asked about the prisoner. The man didn't deserve to be fed nor bathed.

But she didn't want anyone to be treated how she was. Shaking her head, she spoke. "Hell hurt me again if I go and see him. I know he will. But I do want to... Ask him how it feels to be held captive.

"You need not worry about him hurting you again, if he does, he will be killed." Leo assured her. Sure it was a harsh punishment for harming a single woman, but Leo knew that old man has tormented many people, and deserves nothing less than death.

Leo brought her up and nodded to the guards that were standing outside, going inside and seeing the old man just sitting on the bed, cuffed to the floor. "So, how does my prisoner, Lord Dhiyul, get captured so easily?" Leo asked the man as he stood in front of him. The old man didn't say a word, so Leo looked at Katana and motioned for her to come closer.

Katana felt better about Leo's words. Nodding as she followed him up and into one of the hallways. Assuming the hallway was for his men and his self. When the guards stepped aside, she could see him sitting on the bed cuffed to the floor. Whimpering when she saw him, she didn't want to move any closer.

But Leo edged her over, and she did. Standing a few inches away from him. "Because he is filth and deserves to be captured and treated badly. Just like he treated me."

The old man looked up at the girl and growled a little bit in anger. Leo quickly stood in between the two of them and looked down at the lord. "My messenger should be back soon with word of how much they are willing to pay for your release. You better behave until then." He said with a mean stare. The old man then hung his head again and just kept sitting there.

Leo brought Katana back out of the room, the guards closing and locking it after they did. "Katana, you should know that treating people badly, even prisoners, is not acceptable. Even if he did torment you, you should at least feed the man, but you should not forgive him or forget what he's done. Use that anger, and the next time we see him, we will rid of him." He tried to comfort her and give her something to think about. Hating people for what they do is not a good thing, but being a good person will always have its own reward.

"You mean you wouldn't want harm upon a man if he enslaved you for over a year? Made you sleep on the dungeon floor every night? Hardly fed you worth keeping your energy?" Her voice was becoming stronger. Angrier. "You wouldn't want them to suffer just like you had?"

Her voice became softer, trailing off as she tried to calm down. Feeling the heat slowly leave her body. "Im sorry..." Shaking her head, she tried to move away from him. It was new, having a man that actually wanted her safe to talk to.

Leo led her out of the inn and to the stables, listening just how angry she got. "No, that's okay, I understand your anger." He told her as they walked along the streets of the town. "And I agree with you, they should be treated horribly." He said, but then shook his head.

"But if we treat them horribly, we are no better than they are. We are all human, and we must not act like savages." He told her again, walking up to the stable hand and asking if any scouts arrived yet. He said no and so Leo started walking towards the gate of the town.

When he spoke of how they were human, she became quite. Her eyes darted around the town, then to the stable. Smiling softly as a black horse was at the edge. While Leo talked to the stable hand, Katana rubbed the horses head. The feeling was calming, more so then the day had brought her.

They were all human, if they treated the bad ones as they treated them they would be like them. But they weren't humans. If they were, they wouldn't treat woman like they did. Noticing Leo start to leave, she quickly followed behind him.

Leo kept slowly walking, making sure the girl stayed with him by glancing back once in a while. "You liked that black horse, didn't you?" He asked her with a smile as he kept walking to the gates of the town. The townspeople were busy, some of them knew who Leo was, greeting him with a wave and a hello, some of them being merchants from other towns as well as the one they were in.

He stopped outside the gates of the town, the guards watching him carefully, then one of them saying they shouldn't worry about him. Leo sighed when he didn't see the messenger arriving yet, and so he turned to Katana. "So why did that old man capture you?" He asked her curiously.

He was ahead of her by a couple paces, but she didn't mind. As long as she was in a close distance to him she was fine. When he asked of the horse, she smiled softly and nodded. "Yes.. I did. She was a beautiful horse." Leaning her head down, she pulled her hair over her shoulder. Letting it sway as she walked. Pieces of it falling into her face.

When they stopped at the gate, she watched the guards. Then turned when he asked the question. Shrugging, she spoke. "Him and his men raided my town. They killed the men, took which woman they liked and took the rest to either sell them or they killed them. He killed my family... My father... My mother. He made me watch."

Pausing, she continued. "When he was done, he took me. For his pleasure... Used me like you wouldn't believe. Raped me, made me cook. Anything he wanted. I done. If I didn't, I was beat. This scar is from one of them.." She slowly lifted the fabric fro
her hip. Showing a long and deep cut right above it.

Leo looked at the scar and sighed from her story, going over to her and putting his hands on her shoulders. "That old man has done so many despicable things, he needs to be take care of." He told her while looking in her eyes then turned back around to face the road leading outside of town.

"What if I said you can kill him?" He told her honestly, hoping he wouldn't have to do it. He would never let one of his men do it, since they kill almost every day as it is. He looked back at her, the guards listening in on the conversation. One of the guards stepped up to Leo and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Sir, there is no killing allowed within--" Leo took the guard's hand from his shoulder and made him let go of him. "I know that, that is why we will do it somewhere outside of the town limits, making sure nobody else gets to see it." He said and looked to Katana, waiting for her answer.

He had indeed done horrible things, but Katana couldn't bring herself to agree. She was
human and had a concisous. Not knowing how well that would get her being in Leo's group, she shook her head after the guard spoke. "No... I can't..." She shook her head as tears started to run down her face.

Wiping them away, she spoke softly. "Im sorry..." Within the last word, she had turned away and started running back towards the stable. Somewhere she could be alone and quite. Whimpering, she fell against a hay bale and slid down it. Now laying in the dirt and grass. She couldn't bring herself to kill the man that had killed her own family.

Leo watched her run off and sighed, turning back to just stand on the side of the road and watch for his messenger to arrive. He saw his man arrive with a message, and told him he can rest for the next few days, as they will be staying in town for another day or two, to make sure everyone was full and healthy.

He went back towards the stable, asking a few people if they saw Katana run by, giving them descriptions of her. When he talked to the stable hand, he told him she was resting on one of the haybales. Leo looked around and found her, going over to her and standing beside her. "You shouldn't run off like that, you made me worry." He said to her and reached his hand out to her.

She stayed there for awhile. She had thought she could handle it all better. Being free, of her own. Sighing, she wiped her face just as she saw Leo coming into view. Once he had moved closer, she closed her eyes.

"Im sorry.... I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I don't know how to handle it all. Being free... Maybe I am just meant to be a Slave girl to everyone.." Katana wiped her face again, extending her hand to take his.

Leo helped the girl stand up and pulled her into a gentle hug, petting her hair gently. "Nobody is meant to be a slave." He whispered to her and then let go of her, holding her shoulders gently and smiling at her.

"You may not be strong now, but I can teach you to be stronger, not only physically, but mentally as well." He told her and nodded. "Don't worry, you don't have to kill the man just yet, you still have time to decide whether you want to or not." He told her and took her hand gently. "Come on, we better go see how good you are with a sword." He told her and began slowly walking backwards out of the stable with her.

When he hugged her, she smiled softly. Engulfing herself in his smell, his body. When he pulled sway, she sighed and nodded. "Then we will see when I become stronger shall we..?" It would take her time. But she could do it.

"You trust me with a sword?" Laughing, she held his hand as he led her out of the stable. Excitment stirring inside of her. She was trained, a little in handling a sword. So this should come easily to her.

"Oh I trust anyone, I'm one of the best swordfighters in the land, so beating me is a challenge." He told her honestly as they approached the tournament grounds, where many practiced with wooden swords, staves, shields, there was even a shooting range to practice archery.

Leo stepped up to the weapon rack and grabbed himself a sword as well as one for her, both of them wooden. "Show me what you know." He said and stepped out more to the fighting area, holding his sword in one hand and waiting for her to attack him.

When she took the wooden sword, all the memories came back. Smiling softly she followed him into the arena. "What if I beat you? Wouldn't it be funny?" Smirking, she positioned herself and swung the wooden sword towards him. Stepping back as she brought it back around.

"The greatest swords man, getting beat by a girl who barely knows anything about fighting?" Shrugging, she stepped back again. Lunging it at him once again.

Back
Top Bottom