Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

Hearing the stone in his pocket begin to sound. His head weakly looked down to his pocket as he felt the vibrations of the stone in his shirt pocket. Weakly reaching into it, he grabbed the stone and began to speak into it. "M-Miss...Are you...alright...Did...Sapphire...Make it out...?" He said weakly before taking a large gasp for breath. 'God dammit...the pain hurts so much...I can hardly breathe...'

"We're fine. Sapphire's here, but she thinks you're dead. They've been saying that they killed you. She took it pretty hard," she said. It was an understatement, of course, but she didn't want to make matters worse. "What happened to you?" she asked, concentrating deeply on the man on the other end of the stone. If she could visualize his wounds, it was possible she could help to heal him.

Sapphire, in the meantime had managed to quite crying long enough to have realized that Corin was using a special kind of magic, and that she was using it to contact Nathan--he was still alive! Instantly, she breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank goodness."

Nathan began to pant hard as he looked at the wounds. Aside from the arrows in his body, he was beaten by the guards...his life still being there was a mystery even to him. He figured it was his willpower to just see Sapphire one more time. "I'm hurt pretty badly...I've got two arrows in my chest...gone straight through...one in my thigh...its keeping me from running...and some of my bones are broken or fractured...I can hardly move...and I'm forcing myself to speak..." He said weakly into the stone as he could hear the rusty door of the Prison opening. "Got to go...they're coming for me..." He pocketed the stone once more before closing his eyes, trying to fake his death.

"Damn it!" Corin cursed and put the stone away. "Well, I assume you heard all that. We have to save him." The white mage princess stood up and helped up Sapphire. "If we could get to him, I could heal him one wound at a time, but we need to figure out how to get in."

"Leave that to me. We'll just sneak back into the harem. From there it should be easy to get to him. We'll just distract one of the guards and get him to tell us what's going on. Then we'll knock him out and bind him before we get to Nathan."

"Well, at least you've got a plan."

"Unfortunately, there's no exit strategy."

"We'll leave that to Nathan then."

The guards took Nathan and stripped him of his weapons and the arrows within his body. His shirt was taken off and his pants were checked for any concealed weapons as he was brought out to the courtyard behind the guard house, where only the guardsmen were allowed and could be seen. He was brought over to a chain and was hung by his arms as guards took point at him with rocks. For the next few hours, they would pelt him with rocks without mercy or giving him a chance to recover. 'Hurry Sapphire...' He thought to himself...hoping she could hear him, but he knew it was futile.

Sapphire and Corin had made it back into the harem, thanks to some rather...interesting disguises. They took out any guards who stood in their way and pumped them all for information before resetting their memories and binding them. Sapphire hurried with Corin to the courtyard only to see Nathan stripped and tied and utterly wounded as he was being pelted with rocks.

"Barrier!" Corin whispered. The rocks didn't reach him.

Sapphire ran into the fray and hit them all with a binding spell, though it was difficult to keep so many of them in place. "Hurry up!"

The white mage rushed forward and untied Nathan before she worked steadily at healing him, the serious nature of his wounds keeping her from focusing on his body. In the mean time, Sapphire let one guard go at a time and finished him off with some fire magic. Needless to say, they wouldn't be getting up for some time. "All of you should be ashamed of yourselves! Treating a human being this way is unforgivable." Finally the last of the guards in the courtyard was defeated and the witch fell to her knees. She panted and worked to catch her breath as she looked over to Nathan who Corin was now healing.

Since his legs had been healed, Sapphire cast a spell to give him some pants like the ones he'd had before. "There." She came to him and held him gently while Corin worked hard to heal and seal his wounds with her magic. It would be hard to move him with the injuries left untreated, so Sapphire was left to stand guard.

Nathan was limp when they found him. His body almost lifeless as they saved him and tended to his wounds. When he was cut down, his eyes opened slightly after Corin began to heal him with her white magic. "M-Miss...?" He said as he looked to her. His words were hardly audible as he tried to stay awake. He could feel his wounds slowly begin to heal, his bones slowly going back to where they needed to be, and all other internal damage slowly being repaired...even still, his body still ached from the pain that happened within the last twenty four hours. When Sapphire came and held him gently, he looked to her with dull, lifeless eyes as he spoke silently to her. "S-Sapphire...You...came back for me..." He said as he closed his eyes, his breathing picking up as he could feel himself slowly going unconscious due to the fatigue of forcing himself awake for so long. With Sapphire there now...He was happy to have seen her one last time, and his willpower just gave out. Good thing Corin and Sapphire got there when they did.

No guards came, as none of them made it out in time to alert the other guards of the intruders. All they had to do now was wake up Nathan and get out of there...or find a way to carry him out without being seen.

"Of course I did, you idiot. Did you really think I'd leave without you?" She smiled and kissed his head gently, holding him still while Corin healed him. Sapphire was tired from her fighting and Corin was getting tired from healing Nathan's wounds, and poor Nathan was pretty much unconscious.

Sapphire did her best to make him comfortable. When all of the wounds were finally healed, Corin stopped to rest. "Oh, how awful. He must have been in so much pain..." She looked at him and then Sapphire. "He's going to be pretty much useless over the next few hours. His body was barely holding on when we got here. The energy in his body is gone. He needs to recover, so he won't be of much use in getting out of here."

Sapphire frowned and then nodded. "I have an idea, but you're probably not going to like it..."

And so it was that Nathan and Corin were put into a simple coffin and wheeled off by a disguised Sapphire. Somehow, against all odds, they managed to make it out of the castle undiscovered. As soon as it was possible, Sapphire let the other two out of the coffin and had Corin help make a stretcher between their two brooms. They'd have to go slowly, but they could fly to the next town pretty easily.

Nathan lay unconscious in the coffin. If they actually were to check, he would probably easily pass for the corpse that the coffin belonged to. He had no awareness of what was going on around him. He didn't know about him being put into the coffin in the first place, or the fact that he was being rolled out. He didn't know what would happen to him...but he knew he was safe...and happy to have seen Sapphire once more.

(Sorry for a short post. Can't really do much until he wakes up hours later)

Several hours later they landed just outside of a small town a fair distance from the capital. Somehow, the two witches had managed to safely carry him between their brooms. In the guise of white mages, they brought Nathan into the temple for protection, and Sapphire stayed at his side. Corin went to help others and get some rest herself.

She kissed his lips softly and held his hand, wanting to be with him when he woke up.

Feeling the lips of the beautiful woman he had grown to love in such a short time, he slowly awakened...Sapphire being the first thing that he saw. He looked confused at her for a bit before he slowly grew a small smile on his face. "Sapphire..." He said gently to her as he pulled her down into a firm, passionate kiss before letting her go. "Oh god...I was so scared I would never see you again Sapphire...I'm so glad to be here..."

Sapphire smiled and kissed him back as soon as he pulled her down to him. She was just so glad he was awake. She held him tight and smiled at him as well. "I'm so glad you're okay, Nathan. I was afraid I'd lost you for a while. But you'll be safe here. We're going to rest here for a bit, and then I'm going to Florensia to report that the job was done and that you were killed. And then I think I'll retire so I can be with you."

Nathan smiled weakly and nodded. "That sounds...like a good plan..." He said gently to her before closing his eyes. So much had gone on...he just wanted to sleep. Sleep with Sapphire to be exact...Just the two of them together in bed, sleeping...He smiled and grew warm at the thought of it. "Hurry back please...I want to start this new life with you Sapphire..." He said gently as his eyes were still closed.

"I'm in no condition to fly away right now. I'll go tomorrow." She smiled and snuggled up next to him, putting her arms around him protectively. "Right now, I just want to be with you." Sapphire smiled and kissed his cheek before closing her eyes and falling asleep with him. When she left tomorrow, he would have Corin to protect him and keep him company. But tonight, she was here. And she was glad that for once she didn't have to lie about a thing.

Nathan held her close...the feeling of her body against his own made him happy to be alive...happy to have survived the escape from the castle after he had assassinated the king...but he knew this was more than likely not over. If the king's son was as dastardly and had the personality of an evil behemoth like the stories told...war wouldn't just break out between Yokai and Florensia. The world itself could be brought to war.

Sapphire woke up early the next morning and kissed his cheek, so very glad that he was still alive. It didn't feel right to leave him here, but she wasn't sure that she could travel with him--he was still kind of weak from his near death experiences. "Please rest, Nathan. I'll be back soon." She smiled and kissed his lips softly before she got up and found Corin. She told the girl to look after Nathan while she was gone. She'd be back as soon as she could be. With that, the beautiful witch was gone.

An hour after Sapphire had gone out to finish her mission, Nathan awoke slowly...finally noticing the absence of a body next to him. Looking around, he wondered where Sapphire had gone before he remembered that she said she'd leave for Florensia for a bit to finish her job. He laid back down, head hurting but his body felt fine. He wondered where Corin was. He figured Sapphire would probably have her watch him while she was gone.

Corin came in not long after Nathan woke up with some breakfast. Nothing grand, but it would do. "Sapphire should be back in a few days. In the meantime, I'm here to take care of you. There's a stone much like the one I gave you that you can use to speak with her if you'd like. All you need to do is say her name." Corin handed him a bowl of oatmeal and a spoon. "Eat up," she advised before standing up to help with other chores.
_______

Sapphire was making great time on her way back to Florensia. By the end of the day, she was at the border once more, this time in the guise of a white mage. She stayed in a temple for the night and then took off again toward the capitol as fast as she could.

Nathan smiled as he took the plate of food from her. "Thanks." He said before he began to go ahead and eat, slowly though. "A few days huh? Sure. I should be up and going again before that...so I'll be able to surprise her when she gets back." He said smiling as he continued to eat. when she began to leave, he looked at the stone that Corin had given him and wondered if Sapphire would be safe enough for him to call her. I mean...even if the job was done, she could be doing something stealthily and he didn't want to ruin her cover.

At the moment, Sapphire happened to be soaring through the clouds on the way to the border. She'd be there before the day was done, and she wanted to make sure that she got home and back as soon as possible.

Corin was busy helping others, something that the future Queen was required to do. Generally speaking, however, it was usually done in Florensia. But Corin figured it was best to learn about the other kingdoms as well, and white magic was white magic.

Eventually, Nathan worked up the nerve to call Sapphire, thinking that she might be in the city already. "Sapphire." He said into the stone so it would contact her. "Sapphire...are you there...? If you're able to talk, just say so." He whispered into it. "I'm whispering in case you need silence for whatever you're doing. Say something if you're able to."

She heard his voice just as she was landing. Smiling, she raised the stone to her lips as she entered the temple. "Hello, Nathan. I'm here. I've just arrived at the border of the kingdoms. I think if I push hard, I should arrive at the capitol of Florensia tomorrow. Are you feeling any better?"

"Yes. I'm feeling a lot better, but I don't think I can get up for a while though." He lied as he was already standing and stretching as he spoke to her. "The border huh? Where are you going to be staying at for the night? An inn? I don't think we had enough money for any good inns...you sure you'll be alright out there?"

"Don't worry. I'm staying at a temple. It's not safe for a pretty girl like me to be traveling alone. It's not exactly luxurious, but it's comforting to be in a place that focuses on helping others first." She smiled, relieved that he was at least feeling well. "Take it easy. Even when you do feel a lot better. Your body's been through a lot. You need to build up your strength again. And make sure you listen to Corin about healing. She's a great white mage." And now she felt like a mother. "I miss you."

"Corin? So thats her name?" Nathan said as he finally figured out the white mage's name. Hearing Sapphire, he smiled. "I miss you too Sapphire. I can't wait to see you again...your voice isn't enough. I want to be there with you...if only if it weren't for these accursed injuries I might be there with you at that temple. But...oh well. I'll see you in a few days...alright baby?" He kissed her through the phone.

Back
Top Bottom