Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

Jugger82

Singularity
It was a joyous celebration today. It was the thirteenth anniversary of the King and Queen of the Witches. Within the holy cathedral of the country of Florensia, the king walks down slowly to the altar within a magical star-shaped carving on the ground. He would renew his vow with his queen...like the last thirteen years and promise great fortune for all of Witch kind.

As they stood on the altar, The king was happy when he was speaking his vows...but halfway through, the king cut himself short. He clasped his hand over his neck...small, yet nearly indestructible threads were choking him. Out of nowhere, as if riding on the strings, a boy came rushing down, breaking through the roof of the cathedral before quickly ending the king's life by cutting his head off. Raising his large sword into the air, he was now going to finish off the Queen...but he was too slow. One of her guards caught him and froze him in time to protect the queen...he stood immobile.

The single most awful thing the queen had ever seen was the assassination of her king. And she'd been too stunned by it to react in time. Luckily, she was surrounded by guards who'd taken the young man into custody, leaving the queen free to think up the worst possible punishment for the assassin. As she wallowed in rage and grief, she commended the guard who happened to stop the boy from killing her too.

Sapphire stood, glaring at him, having bound him in place with a spell of her own creation. It stopped his movement using the least amount of energy possible, drawing the rest of the power from the boy's body itself. The redhead stood there, her black dress making her seem like just some casual event-goer from the witch kingdom. Clearly, she was nothing of the sort.

"Your majesty? What shall we do with him?"

The queen looked over to her and sighed as she seemed still shaken by the current event. She didn't even answer Sapphire...She walked over to the boy and placed her hand on his head to read his memories...something only a powerful witch could do to perfectly read a memory without any form of error or uncertainty. Reading that he had been sent by a country far off to assassinate the king and queen of witches, the queen drew back a bit as she glared at the boy...but then her face softened and she turned to Sapphire. "I am going to give the king of Yokai a taste of his own medicine...he sent this boy here to assassinate myself and the king...and of all days..." She said, trying to hold back some tears. Walking over to the boy, she raised her hand and it began to glow a greenish yellow before she placed it on the boy's head...wiping his mind's memory of what his objective was and altered it to be that the Queen hired him to assassinate the king of Yokai for having sent an assassin to kill the King. "Sapphire...you may remove the seal. He will be unconscious...Take him to the medical bay and wait for him to come to. When he does...I want you to go with him to Yokai...I want you to be the witness of the king of Yokai's death!"

Sapphire looked surprised when she was informed of the king of Yokai's plan. She wasn't really. In fact, she'd been tightening security little by little for weeks in anticipation, but to strike today was entirely too low to predict. Her heart went out to the queen--the king was a great and loving man. What did surprise her was that the queen told her to accompany the young assassin to his new target. Though she was confused, the girl complied.

"Yes, my queen." She removed the seal and used a simple flotation spell to keep him from falling on his face. She bowed to her monarch and then left the room, the assassin under her control. Moments later, she was in the medical bay, the man resting on a bed. Though she wanted to hate the boy there, she could only find fault with the man who'd hired him. After all, the boy was only doing his job. If she really wanted someone to blame, she should have blamed herself for not being fast enough. That didn't stop her from being unnecessarily rough with him. She leaned over his bed and shook him, trying to wake him.

Nathan was fast asleep...he was usually a heavy sleeper...but this time was different. It was almost as if he was commanded to awaken by some unknown force...Feeling Sapphire begin to shake him, he opened his eyes slowly...trying to remember what happened. The queen implanted false memories into his head...thinking that he was supposed to be one of the hired guards there to protect the King and Queen...And he only felt like the king's assassination was his fault BECAUSE he wasn't fast enough to stop the assassin from killing the King...thats what he thought anyway.

Looking over to Sapphire, he remained quiet as he looked down at the sheets...seeming a bit shamed on himself but then he looked to her. "Uh...who are you anyway...? Why are you sitting beside me when I sleep...Wait...why am I sleeping?" He suddenly jumped up and grabbed his sword. "I've got a king to kill! How dare he send an assassin to kill the Witch King! I'll slaughter him!" He said strongly as he began to rush out the door...leaving Sapphire behind.

Oh, good God, he was one of those people. She sighed and snapped her fingers, a new spell to stop him taking over him as she rounded the corner and caught up to him. Once she was there she stepped in front of him and shook her head. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" The redhead took off the spell and put her hands on his shoulders. "We're supposed to be a team. You're out because the assassin knocked you in the head after he got the king. The man's being dealt with," she said, letting go of his shoulders.

This was going to be a long day. "In response to your question, I'm Sapphire. And you are...?"

He ran until he felt like something stopped his body completely. He tried to squirm out of whatever was grabbing him but he just couldn't...! Seeing her come over and stand in front of him, he listened to her with an annoyed look on his face. "Sapphire huh? You don't need to know my name. Mercenaries don't stick around too long so there isn't a point for you to remember me." He said as he tried to get out of his bindings once more. "But I'll tell you if you just let me out of whatever is holding me still, witch!" But then suddenly he was freed and he began to stretch and try to regain posture. "Dammit...why am I paired up with you? I can do this job by myself. Why did the queen decide to pair you up with me?"

"Because you let the king die," she said coldly. Essentially, it was mostly his fault, so she didn't feel bad about piling on the guilt. "She wanted to make sure you actually succeeded this time. And she wanted a witness." She crossed her arms and looked him over. Young and wiry, but still plenty strong. It was no wonder he'd gotten through. Agile and stealthy, it was probably easy enough to make it past the physical guards...but how he'd managed the charms puzzled her. She imagined it had something to do with Yokai, however. Or a traitor. But the queen had that well in hand.

"So tell me your name, partner." It killed her a little on the inside to admit that that's what they were. The guilt of the king's death put an awful strain on her, and he was a constant reminder of that. She had a feeling this would be a very long trip.

Hearing her, he shrugged as he felt the guilt to let the king die by some low life assassin. He bit his lip and shook the memory out of his head before answering her. "Nathan. Nathan Stone." He said bluntly to her as he began to walk past her. "Come on. Lets get to Yokai and fast. Its going to take about...a month to get there on foot so lets not try and idle around." He called back to her before opening the doors of the medbay. When they were closed...he took off running. Like hell he would be partnered up with her. He was a solo merc. Running through the nearby forest on his way to Yokai, he didn't let up speed at all to let her catch up or even get a chance to figure out where he was. "Sucks to be her." He said chuckling as he suddenly stopped once he was a good ways into the forest. "I don't think she'd manage to follow me."

She committed his name to memory and turned to follow him only to find out that he was running again. Sighing, Sapphire took off after him. Since she'd recently put a spell on him, she could track him. She was pretty fast herself, but he was much faster. She put a spell on her broom and took off after him, flying in the most stereotypical way imaginable for a witch. When he finally stopped, she touched down right behind him and looked at him, shaking her head. "Did you really think you'd get away from me that easily?"

He jumped when he heard her all of a sudden and turned to see her. "D-Damn...No one is that fast..." He said silently to himself as he looked at the way she was sitting on a broom. "No fair...you could fly!" He said pouting before walking over to her. "Fine fine. Lets just get going alright? The first town should be only two hours away. We can rest up a bit and get some more supplies if need be. The next town will be even longer away but we should get there by nightfall." He said before looking in the direction he was supposed to go. "Lets try and not to attract too much attention. Especially you. Why would you wear such a slutty outfit?" He said pointing to her outfit. You could see her bare flesh at some parts and even some side boob. "And you're riding on a broom stick. I'm sure that'll attract a hell of a lot of attention. Try not to get us killed, alright?"

"You do realize this is a witch kingdom, don't you?" she asked rolling her eyes. "And anyway, why are you complaining about my clothes? Is there something you're not telling me?" She crossed her arms and then got off her broom, the short skirt fluttering. "And anyway, you're just extra help, jackass. Try not to screw up."

She took the spell off the broom and made it miniature, tucking it safely away in a small bag around her wrist. "Let's go." She headed off in the direction of the next town, not really giving a damn what he thought about her, but wishing that she could smack some manners into him with a little magic. A good fireball ought to take care of him...

He blushed and looked away. "Ok I'll admit that your dress is amazing eye candy...its just I don't want anyone to think anything about me and you." He said before wiping the blush off of his face. "And if I'm just extra help, why do I have to go along anyway if you think you can do it yourself?" He said grumbling before she put her broom in her pocket. Watching her walk off, his eyes watched her ass for a bit before he shook his head and began to walk after her. After two hours of silent walking, they walked through the front gate of the town. "Good...now go buy a room in the inn or something. I don't feel like walking the rest of the way tonight. I'm gonna go hit the brothel for about an hour." He said before walking off.

She stored his embarrassment about the two of them being considered as being in any kind of relationship in the back of her mind, sure that she would use it against him in the near future. She also caught him staring at her ass and made a few more branches appear in the trees to slip him up a bit while she was the picture of grace. The walking was silent, but it was a welcome reprieve for her. The less she had to deal with his arrogance, the better.

And then the little bastard started to order her around. Oh, hell no. She put a spell on him again to make him stop moving as she returned to him, laughing. "Oh, Nate. You're so funny." She grinned as more people began to notice them and pressed up against him in a very intimate manner. "Mmmm, I'll get the room at the inn," she said, kissing his neck and licking it too. "But you'll have to bring dinner," she murmured, licking his lips and wrapping around him for a moment. In that moment she whispered, "I don't take kindly to orders, Stone. Good luck getting to that brothel now." And then she let him go, taking the spell off as she skipped along, singing about her husband. Oh, revenge was a blast.

When he stopped suddenly, he cursed himself in his mind. When she felt her press against him, he turned red with embarrassment...not anger. Her breasts were so soft against his skin...and she was so sexy in a way he couldn't describe. When she began to kiss his neck and lick along it, he was as red as a tomato before she began to lick his lips. When she released him and started to skip off, singing about him being her 'husband', he couldn't believe what happened. He growled...the red in his face now from anger before shaking it off. "That...Damn...WITCH!" He roared out before shaking his face to get the red off. How dare she embarrass him in front of all these people...to have someone like her play the part of his...his wife?! It was an insult to him. Shaking his head, he figured he could still get to the brothel...he hoped witches weren't religious because if they were, he'd be breaking one of the commandments 'Thou shall not commit adultery'. Walking along to the brothel, he tried to ignore Sapphire's voice that continued to echo in his head before he began to walk inside.

As it turned out a group of witches were guarding the brothel, disapproving of the husband Sapphire seemed to love so much. If there was one thing to be counted on amongst witches, it was solidarity. The little witch in question was stocking up on her supplies and checking into an inn, glad to have gotten in several little stings and watch him turn several shades of red.

Disappointed that he couldn't get into the brothel...Nathan could feel like he would just die. "Great..." He murmured as he turned around and began to walk toward the inn just before, from where he was, he saw Sapphire walk in. "Dammit...that means the only person I have a chance to sleep with in this damn town is her...Like that'll happen." He said silently to himself as he walked into the inn and asked where his, and reluctantly said, 'wife', was. After being pointed out to the room, he began to walk into the room. "You bitch...They wouldn't let me inside!"

Sapphire laughed and plopped down on the bed. "Awww, poor, pathetic baby. Maybe next time you'll learn to be nice to me when we come into town. You may not like me or want me to be around, but you really should learn some manners." She took off her hat and set it on a dresser, combing her hair, watching him. "Besides, aside from the obvious embarrassment, you didn't seem to mind all that much at the time."

"Because I was frozen...!" He said, knowing he was fighting a losing battle. 'She's going to pay for making me lose out on the brothel...I hope she knows how to treat a man like they do.' Walking over to her, he sat down beside her and put his arm over her. "They followed me here...you have to act like my wife...hurry, or else they'll kill us. You have to make love to me." He knew it was a stupid attempt but it wasn't like he had nothing else to do but patronize her. It would be her fault for having him miss out on a good night...she'll be sure to make sure never to stop him from being kept from his brothel.

She laughed and set her comb down as he sat next to her and put his arm around her. He was really serious, wasn't he? She smirked and then slipped into his lap, straddling him and kissing his neck. "Mmmm, you mean like this?" Her body pressed against him as she teased.

"They're not going to kill anyone, and they didn't follow me," she said rolling her eyes. She gave his face a tiny slap and then got off of his lap, leaving him to himself. "Honestly, just be nice and I'll leave you alone. How hard is that to figure out?"

When she straddled his lap and began to kiss his neck, he was certain that his plan had actually worked...but then suddenly he felt a small slap along his face. Rubbing his cheek, he watched her and listened to her before sighing. "Alright look...how bout this...you give yourself to me whenever I can't get into a brothel in a town because its your fault, and I'll 'leave you alone' like you want me to. How is that for a deal huh?"

"Only problem with that is I'm not a whore, and I don't like you that much since you've been nothing but a douche since I met you." Not to mention a murderer, she reminded herself. "And anyway, I don't care if you're with me or not. All I ask for is some respect, or at least some manners." She arranged her hair nicely and then turned back to him. "Is it really so much to ask? And anyway, you can go without the brothel this once."

"But dammit! I have tension that needs to be relieved...!" He moved over to her and began to massage her shoulders since her back was turned to him. "And I'm sure you do as well...lets kill two birds with one stone...me." He said smirking as he pulled her to lean against him, his face looking down at her. "What do you say Sapphire? I promise it won't just be about me you devious little tease." He said remembering to the town. "You know that whole scene you did...it wasn't exactly something to make me angry at you for you know."

Sapphire chuckled listening to him as he came to her and massaged her shoulders, pulling her to him. She caught his joke and found it mildly funny, but didn't want to laugh while he was being so presumptuous. She looked up at him as he looked down at her and smirked as he mentioned her little teasing bit in town.

"Most normal guys would have loved that. But you're the one who said it would bother you if people got the wrong idea. I just used it to my advantage." She wasn't going to give in that easily though. "Sorry, Stone. But you'll have to do a little better than that if you want me to sleep with you."

"What do you want me to do? Beg?" He said as he slowly and gently lifted her so she sat up. Shrugging as he laid down, he sighed. "Well then...I guess I'll have to sleep in the same bed as you until you agree to even give this night a chance you know. Besides...it'll just be this once because people think we're lovers. As long as this doesn't spread to any of the other towns...you really don't have to worry about it. Do you?" He said before standing up. "Think about it for a bit while I go take a shower. Alright?" With that, he turned to head into the bathroom to go into the shower.

Back
Top Bottom