Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in a new world

loveraiden

Supernova
The Vynom Forest was strangely quite the morning that Jaycn was ordered to go out and hunt. His tribe of Naga gave each male of age a day to hunt, and what they brought back helped or hurt their standing among the tribe. Jaycn had always had the worst luck when it came to hunting. It wasn’t that he never found any beasts of reasonable size. In fact he had caught some of the largest of the beast. However, it was his luck that had cause much mayhem with his peers. The last beast he caught had brought sickness for a week. He tightened his grip on his hand made bow and slithered through the swamp. His deep green scales blending perfectly in with the surroundings. He pushed a strand of his long black hair from his amber eyes as he heard the sound of something rustling in the distance. He licked his lips in anticipation as he made his way. He drew an arrow and knocked it in his bow.

Alice sat up cradling her pounding head. What had just happened? She was standing on her front porch waiting for her best friend to pick her up, it was supposed to be a girls day at the mall. But as Alice slowly opened her eyes she realized she wasn't anywhere she had ever been before. It was all green. Tall grass, mossy trees that towered over her, vines and plants. A forest of some kind?

The petite blonde girl slowly got to her feet. She straightened out her tank top and adjusted her shorts as she looked around. Her head was still pounding as she tried to figure out where she was. Tucking her long blonde hair back behind her ears she slowly started walking. This was just creepy now, how had she gotten here? Where was here exactly? So she started walking, her fair skin brightly reflecting the few beams of light that peaked through the thick canopy.

After a long while, she heard a slight rustle of grass and her green eyes lit up. Another person! Finally someone could tell her where she was! She reached up to move some leaves from her view and her gaze landed on the tip of an arrow pointed right at her. She screamed and stumbled backwards, tripping over her own feet she fell hard to the ground, groaning slightly when she hit her head again.

Jaycn heard the girl fall and stopped momentarily. Unsure as to what was out there, he moved in a much more slow fashion. After he had come into view of his prey, he pulled back his bowstring and aimed it at the beast that was just around the bush. He slithered until he was in sight and stopped immediately. What he saw was not what he had expected. A human girl laid on the ground, dressed in the most unorthodox fashion. He had heard tales of humans, stories of fantasy and legends. Never would he have guessed there would be one here, in these very woods. He let the bowstring go gently and stood up straight. “Who are you human?” His voice hissed as he let his eyes size up the girl. He had to make sure she wasn’t a threat and kept his bow ready in case he would have need to use it.

Alice slowly sat up, a hand still holding to the back of her head. "What are you talking..." she started to ask. But as her yes opened and saw the being before her we froze. Her bright eyes locked on to the odd man before her, well, he wasn't exactly a man. He looked normal for the most part, from his waist up, but down... That's what Alice was staring at. His lower half looked like that of a snake. One long muscled tail covered in scales as it laid out behind him in the grass and around the trees. "I-I'm not in the states any more am I..." she barely managed to stutter the few simple words as she looked up at him from he seat on the ground. This was far to strange. Now she really had no clue where she was.

Her knees were shaking so hard she couldn't get herself to stand up, heck she probably couldn't even crawl away if she tried. Alice swallowed the lump in her throat as she took a deep breath, trying to organize her thoughts. She had to tear her eye away from his face, her own was starting to flush, with the exception of his tail this guy was quite easy on the eyes. But her gaze landed on the weapon in his hand and she felt her heart skip a beat. "A-are you going to kill me?" the fear was pretty evident. Alice no longer felt like the young woman she was but more like a terrified child.

The girl laid on the ground, obviously scared and hurt. Jaycn couldn't bring himself to kill this woman. But he couldn't just leave her here. No one would believe him that he had seen an actual human. He lowered his bow for a moment. His eyes fixed on her every movement. "I will not kill you if you don't give me a reason. If you are peaceful, you will receive the same treatment." He said as his muscles tensed. He coiled his tail up to make it more comfortable for him to stand in place as he puffed out his muscular chest.

"What are you doing in the forest?" He asked, slightly curious as to how long she has been in this world and what she planned to do while she was here.

She let herself relax a little bit as he put the weapon away and said he wouldn't hurt her. Not that he would really need a weapon, he could probably break her in half no problem, she was so small. But her knees were still shaking as she watched him coil his tail around for support. Watching him was oddly facinating, he reminded her of things she read about in her fantasy novels.

"what am I doing here?" se repeated his question. "I'd give you an answer if I could, but I don't know. I dont even know where here is." she admitted. Her fingers began to play nervously with a long strand of her pale hair. "I was standing on my pourch one minute, the next minute I woke up here." she looked up, her gaze finding his eyes. It was all the truth, she just hoped he believed her.

"You are in the Vynom forest, encroaching on Naga territory." He informed her of where she was, hoping to spark some memory. It seemed that she had forgotten what happened to her, and that made things difficult. He took the moment, making sure no one was around before he cam closer to her to get a closer look at the human in front off him. He was tempted to poke her, just to make sure she wasn't some illusion from another beast of the forest.

Vynom forest, naga territory. It all sounded crazy. But then again, snake people weren't supposed to be real and this guy was there. She took another few deep breaths as she tried to collect her thoughts. As this naga move closer to her she flinched some, still scared he might hurt her.

"look, I'm sorry I'm in your territory or whatever. I don't know how I got here." she looked away from him, her hands still fiddling with her hair. "I just want to get back home." this is not what she signed up for. She was supposed to be getting ready for her last year of college. Go on her last summer trip. And she finally had a date with the guy she liked for years. Now this?

She let out a sigh as she returned her stare to him. "All I want is to go back home. I just have no idea how to get there..." she held her breath for a moment as she pondered the next question she was going to ask. "Do you know how o can get back home? I mean, no offense, but this is not something I'm used to, I'd rather not stay here." she couldn't believe she was trying to ask this thin for help, but at least he seemed reasonable enough for the moment.

She smelled good, he thought as he took in as much as he could. He paused when he was asked how to get her home. He didn't know anything about where home is nor how to get her there. "I need to know where you are from in order to point you in the right direction." He said as he finally backed off a little and let his muscle relax. She obviously was no threat to him, now he had to figure out what he was going to do with her. He could take her back to his people. They would probably kill her, or enslave her. They might even attempt to sell her to another race. He couldn't see that going well. Maybe he could convince the chief that as he was her captor, he should have control of her. At least that way she would be safe and have a place to rest.

"I don't suppose you know where Boiling Springs Pennsylvania is do you?" she asked not really expecting an answer. she sighed as he looked up at him, and despite everything she couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. Well, for a monster. He seemed nice enough and his presence had managed to calm her. Maybe I was the mere fact she was no longer alone but whatever the case, forthe moment, her shaking had ceased.

Slowly she got to her feet, brushing grass from her rear end and legs as she readjusted her clothing. Alice wrapped her slender arms around herself as she stood there before him. She was always a petite girl, but this guy just seemed to tower over her. "So, my name is Alice. Is there something I can call you?" she asked tentatively. It'd be nice to know the name of this thing. At least she could attempt to be friends since he seems uninterested in killing her.

"I am called Jaycn." He said as he had to look down to look into her eyes, even as she stood to full height. "I have never heard of any place where that is, nor do I know anyone who could help." He looked around at the forest around him and suddenly felt he needed to make sure nothing happened to her. "You need a place to stay, or at least somewhere to start your search. I can bring you back to my tribe but..." He stopped, sure that she would turn down his offer. "...you would most likely be taken as a prisoner. I can request you stay under my care as a slave. That is the only thing I can offer you, unless you wish to risk yourself in the forest."

Alice just stared at him. He wanted her to come be his slave? Her first instinct was to say no, it was a stupid and rediculus idea! But as she looked around she felt her heart sink. She couldn't survive alone out here. Yeah she was handy when she went on camping trips but If something went wrong she could always hop back in the car and drive home. Out here she had nothing. No tools or supplies. No shelter or weapon. No friends and no home to go back to.

"I guess I don't really have much of a choice." she ran a hand through her long hair. If she did stay out here who knows what kind of other creature would come out and find her. No one would likely give her the time of day like Jaycn here was. She took a small step towards him. Her options were to go with him and most like live, maybe get home or stay out here and surly die. "I'll go wth you..." she said softly. "you'll keep me safe? Help me find a way home if you can?" she knew she was asking alot, but it wasn't as though she had anyone else to ask.

"I will talk to the leaders of my tribe about getting you home. As long as you stay in my possesion and when we are around my kind you act like a slave you will remain safe." He said as he took his quiver off of his shoulders and ripped the strap off of it. He hated to do that to a perfectly good quiver but he had to go through the motions. "I need your hands." He said as he made sure that the leather was not going to dig into her skin, or cause any other serious injuries.

Slowly she nodded. Alice couldn't believe she was actually making a deal to pretend to be this guys slave. But as she thought about it it made sense. He kept saying tribe so his culture was probably that of things we read in old text books. She had no idea how things here worked. So as long as se followed his instructions she'd be fine. And Jaycn seemed honest enough... Hopefully he would keep his word.

When he asked for her hands, Alice hesitated. She saw him tearing off a leather strip from his quiver. Glancing down at her hands she frowned but then held the out to him, her palms up. Her hands were already scraped and cut up a bit from her earlier trek through the forest alone. Her shins also hade a few scraps, but it was all minor. Alice chewed on her lower lip some, this day wasn't going at all the way she had planned it this morning.

Jaycn took no pleasure in binding her wrist with his leather strap, but he knew for the safety of her, he had to do it. He looked at the scraps and sighed when he finished the knot. There was a little slack in the strap for him to grab and guide her through the forest. The woods grew dark and thick as they headed deeper into the woods. It wasn't until they entered the thickest of the swampy surroundings that they had arrived at his tribes camp. There were many huts positioned in a sporadic manner. Other Nana were slithering back and forth, going about their business until they noticed Jaycn with his prisoner. Some seemed to lick their lips and others slithered in fear. There was a large hut in the center that seemed to be the main building. Jaycn waited for a moment, giving the girl a reassuring look before entering. Inside the hut was the Matriarch. She was a vibrant green naga with an elderly woman upper body. Jaycn bowed lowly and spoke.

"Dear Lady, I was unable to find any food, but I did find a human. I could not bring myself to harm such a rare beast and wish to take her as my slave. She would make a fine addition to my family." He said, his eyes never leaving the floor. The older Naga scanned over the girl in tow and hissed.

"You have done many stupid things in your time Jaycn, how is this going to be any different?" She asked as she pointed a bony finger at the girls chest. Her teeth bared and her tounge flicking around. Jaycn knew this would be the hardest part. His reputation among the tribe was not the best. Jaycn raised his gaze, trying to stand his ground.

"I did nothing to subdue her, she has come here willing to be my slave. There is nothing that she will do that will harm us. She is seeking her return to her own home. I simply wish that she stay here until she has healed and rested. Then we will both head out and find a way to return her." The elder Naga listened and thought on his words. She knew there could possibly be a chance that neither of them could return. This could be the best way to eliminate two problems in the tribe.

"Fine, she will be yours. But as soon as you are both prepared to leave, you must go. I do not want to have her get any chance to destroy what we have made here." She made her judgment and told them both to leave. Jaycn nodded before he led her back outside and to one of the smaller huts on the edge of the camp. It looked broken and about ready to collapse at any moment. The ground around his hut was damp and muddy.

"This is going to be home for a while." He said as he untied her hands. He let the strap fall to the ground. "Make yourself comfortable, I wouldn't go wandering if I were you."

Alice frowned as her wrists were tied together, but at least Jaycn didn't seem thrilled either. She let him lead her along through the woods, he seemed to know all the paths that wouldn't completely kill her legs. But as they approached his village she started to hear noises. Her heart began to race, and she felt herself instinctively get closer to the Naga pulling her around. When she saw the fist other naga, she almost screamed. That vile look in his eyes. Like she was the next meal. Alice wanted to cling to Jaycn's arm, but she knew she couldn't. She didn't want to screw up whatever plan he had.

When she was pulled into the center hut, Alice's eyes locked onto the elder Naga for a moment, before she averted them. She didn't want to cause disrespect or anything of that sort before Jacyn had a chance to help her get home. When she was hissed at, Alice cringed, fearing the worst. She kept her head down for their entire conversation trying to seem unimposing, less of a threat. But finally the woman said she could stay, Alice held her breath, letting out a relieved sigh as soon as they were outside of her hut.

When they finally got to his hut Alice looked around, feeling a small pang of pity in her gut. He really wasn't well liked was he? But he seemed so kind, it didn't make sense that the others would dislike him. As soon as the restraints were off her wrists she stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. She held him in an embrace for a moment, whispering "Thank you." Before she pulled away, red faced.

"S-sorry." She stuttered sheepishly, looking down and playing with her hair. "Don't worry, I don't really plan on going out there." She said softly before she sank down to the ground against the wall. Pulling her knees up to her chest she wrapped her arms around them, but kept her eyes averted. She wasn't sure how he was going to react to that hug. It had just been instinct, something she would have done to anyone who had helped her, but she was scared it would be seen as a bad thing.

Jacyn was unsure what to make out of the hug. The few naga that were watching him hissed at him, but turned to continue their previous work. He looked down at Alice and smiled. "Come on, we have to figure out what you are going to do while you are here for now." He said as he led her into his hut. If the outside looked bad, the inside looked worse. His home was a disaster zone. Plates and other knick knacks strewn all over the place. His bed was dishevelment and seemed to have never been made since it was brought in. Jaycn stretched his arms and smiled. "It isn't much but this is home."

She followed him inside, her arms wrapped around herself, her dirty clothes not offering her thin frame much protection against hte evening chill that was creeping in. She looked around his mess of a home and let out a sigh. At least she had shelter. Stepping up before him, Alice tucked her hair back behind her ears. "Look, I really am... very greatful for all you are doing for me." She sighed. "I know... I know this probably isn't going to be very easy for you. I'll try to not make things any harder." She gave him a small smile before looking around.

Spying his bed, the only piece of furniture to sit on, Alice made her way to it, sitting down on the edge of the foot of the bed. She wasn't sure fo what to do. She just knew she was asking alot of Jaycn and she didn't want it to be any harder on im.

"It can't be much harder than living on my own." He smiled, trying to show that he wasn't bothered with the situation. He was now one of the rare creatures to have been around a human. People would look at him differently now and hopefully with more respect. He didn't like the idea that she had to pretend to be his slave but he figured it was just a step on a much larger adventure to being notice finally. He was tired of being singled out and laughed at. He slithered over to the bed and fell onto it. His snake tail streching across the room as he streched his arms.

Back
Top Bottom