Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beginner and Novice. {Adrian and I}

Loveme

Supernova
Her favorite boxer was fighting in front of her in a few hours. She had brought a ticket the moment she heard about it. But then, it all changed for her. There was a contest that night. If you were a fighter, you got the chance to fight other boxers. If you won, you could meet and hang out with the one you choose. Of course, Adia Grayson was just a beginner. Basically taking classes to protect herself. It had always een a dream of hers to meet him.... This would give her that chance.

She tied her long brown hair in a bun behind her head. Her blue eyes roaming her body through the mirror. She had on a simple pair of workout pants, and a green top. She was ready. This was her time. When she heard them call her name, she pulled the gloves on and pushed the mouth piece into her mouth. This was it. Little did she know, her opponent was much better then her. She soon found out when the bell rung. She was automatically knocked on her back. The air leaving her body. She stood back up, constantly getting hit over and over. Until one blow to the chest area sent her to scream.

She was out, she wouldn't get back up. No way in hell. Besides, she could feel the blood running from the side of her head and mouth. She was barely still awake.

Adrian Jost was one of the best fighers in the middleweight boxing class. He was lean yet muscular, matching the ideal description of a middleweight boxer. He had risen to the top of the boxing world quickly, and still had several years left in him, as he was quite young.

Currently, he was watching two novice fighters fighting, as part of a gimmick to increase boxing viewership. The winner of the whole tournament would spend a week training with him. He wondered what the fights would be like, and occassionally slipped into a few, dressed in a hoodie and sweatshirt, with the hood on, so people wouldn't recognize him.

The current figher was a pretty girl, though clearly not cut out for fighting. He wondered why she was even in this tournament, one for aspiring boxers. He was intrigued though, and continued to watch, wondering what she would do.

She couldn't let this one stop her, whimpering she slowly stood up Before the count ended. Ending her chances of winning the whole thing. With a heavy swing of her right arm, she hit her opponent square in the jaw. Knocking them out almost with ease. It took her awhile, but she done it... Shaking as they pulled her from the ring, she grabbed a bottle of water after talong the gloves off. Her breathing was heavy, but she would make it. She had too.

Sighing, Adia closed her eyes. Feeling all the injuries now, she shook her head. Starting to see stars, she passed out right in her chair. Falling over, right next to her boxing idol. But she hadn't recgonized him. No one could.

Adrian was quite amused by the fight. The pretty girl he had been observing took out her opponent with a massive blow, but then ended up passing out herself, afterwards. As the medical team carried her out of the ring into a nearby room, he followed them, watching the girl.

For some reason, he wanted to see her reaction when she got up, as interesting as that fight had been.

It was a few hours later when she finally came to. When she realized what had happened, she set up in the bed. Groaning as she felt the pain hit her. Sitting back, she closed her eyes. Then opened them, there was someone in the room with her. Taking a hand, she rubbed her eyes and opened them carefully. Adjusting to the light, she saw him. Sitting there in a chair, with her. "You... What... What are you doing here...?" It was all she could say, part of her wanted to jump an grab him the other wanted to act halfway sane.

He had wandered around the place, chatting with friends here and there. He had recently wandered back to the girl's room when she came to. He smiled as she recognized him, asking him what he was doing there. He shrugged, "Interesting fight you had over there." he said simply.

"Not interesting enough apparently" She nodded around the room. Groaning softly as she moved around. "Why are you here and not fighting?" She was surprised she was so calm around him, but she didn't really want to act like some crazed fan. "It would of been better if I won and was still standing. Not in a bed, injured aparrently."

"I don't have a fight for a day or two, so I came to watch this tournament. The winner does spend a week with me, after all." he said, a touch of a smile on his face. "If your fight hadn't had been interesting, I wouldn't be here." he said, in response to her.

"But I didn't win, which is why I came here in the first place..." She shook her head and frowned. Trying to sit up, she managed to. "My name is Adia, it's a pleasure to finally meet you.... I wish it could of been me training with you though." Shaking her head again, she held her hand for him to shake. "Why was my fight interesting to you?"

He shrugged. "It's okay, there are some pretty good fighters in this tournament, anyway. If you ask me, some of them don't really fit in with the 'beginner' qualifications that were supposedly required." He stepped forwards, shaking her hand, "I'm Adrian. Oh, your fight? It just seemed interesting because you were one of the few actual beginners in the tournament. Not that that's a bad thing, of course."

"But you don't get it... I came here to win. Which I failed at. Now, I go home empty handed. No win, no training with you... The one who got me to box in the first place... Your my idol... and to be defeated by cheaters sucks, but I got to meet you... So it wasn't a total blow."

He stepped closer to her, smiling. "Did you actually want to learn to box, or did you just want to get a chance to meet me?" he asked, grinning.

"Both..... Well... More you." Laughing, she watched him coming closer to her. "I have wanted to meet you ofor a very long time."

He came next to the bed, laughing. "Well, most people in this tournament have wanted to meet me. You just happened to get lucky today that I had nothing else to do now." he said, smirking.

"Perhaps. But that's all it will be. I meet you, then go home and live my regular life again. All while someone trains with you, gets to know you like I want to. But i am sure you don't want to hear
all about how bad I wanted to." Laughing, she shrugged it off.

He smiled, seeing her disappointment at wanting to meet him. "You know what, you can do more than just meet me." He slipped a card on the bed, his contact card, and turned around to leave. "Technically, I can't train anyone else until this tournament is over. But afterwards...." he trailed off, before leaving the room.

Smiling softly as he laid his card on the edge of her bed, she watched him leave right after. It had been a very interesting day, she had met the one person she came for. Fought a little and got hurt, now she had his contact card. Smirking, she slowly stood up and grabbed her bags. Pulling the jacket over her, the card in hand.

Once the tournament was over, she found his card and stared at the phone. Wondering if she should call him or not. Finally dialing the number, she waited anxiously.

Adrian was still asleep when his phone started ringing. Groaning and rolling over, he picked up his phone. After fumbling around with it for a bit, he finally git the answer call button. "..Hello?" he said groggily into the phone.

"Im sorry... I didn't mean to wake you...." Pausing she continued. "Do you remember me? The girl who tried to win the tournament to train with you? You know the one that got knocked out and all?" She smirked as she thought back, shaking her head.

Adrian rubbed his eyes a bit, still laying in bed. "Oh you, the kinda cute one? Yeah, I remember you. Feeling better?" he asked, still a bit sleepy as the words were slightly slow to come out of his mouth.

Blushing when he spoke about her being cute, she nodded and set down in her chair. "Thats me. I'm fine, I was better a few days afterwards... But I wanted to take you up on your offer. About training after the tournament?"

He rose a little bit, starting to wake up as the conversation went on. He sat up, and rubbed his eyes. "Train? Did you really want to train, or did you just want to meet me?" he asked, chuckling a bit.

"If I wanted to just meet you I wouldn't have called you back. Because I met you when I looked like some dumb girl who didn't know what she was doing." Pausing, she she shook her head. "But I won't lie. Getting to know you wouldn't hurt either. Nor would I complain."

"Listen, if you want to fight, I'd be more than happy to teach you. But if this is just an excuse to meet me... You don't need an excuse, you have my number after all." he said, smiling.

"Its not an excuse. It's just an added bonus. I want to train, I want to become like you abd I want to get to know you in the process. Just like I hope you get to know me. So, are we on or off?" She was becoming aggitated quickly. Bot that she meant to, it just happened some times.

Back
Top Bottom