Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A princess shunned (Forbidden & Askeladd)

Dante was not in the mood to fight with the princess at the moment seeing as he had just gotten himself into a hole that was quite deep as it were, he knew that both his father and mother would be angry with him for what he did. Her parents might not be angry but that probably found the display he put on with the soldier to be quite barbaric, he was tired of this place and these people who seemed so fragile that they would break from even a proper handshake. As she said that they could take a ride and that he could scout the area in case she disobeyed so he would be ready to have his army invade, it was a joke he could tell that much and he almost replied with 'if you disobeyed I could simply take care of you myself seeing as I will be king'. But thinking about it now he realized that it would have just caused her to blow up into one of her violent temper tantrums and at the moment he feared what he might actually do to the princess if she so decided to test him.

She now sat beside him while plotting things against their parents with the idea of them being late to the treaty dinner or perhaps she meant to not show up at all. "Sounds like a good time to me" was all he said before standing up to pull the shirt over his body now, he wasn't going to dress like a prince and he wasn't going to act like a prince. He was simply a man going out for a ride, he brought his sword of course as that would always accompany him. "Where are they keeping the horses we brought with us?" he asked her while he adjusted the sword so it was a bit lower upon his waist. "I won't ride any other horse than Aruun" he said in a firm tone, Aruun was his battle steed, black as night and bulky as he was used to ram through enemy lines in the charge, he had been Dante's horse for three years so far.

A true grin lit her features and she actually caught his hand and sqeezed it tightly for a moment as he agreed to go for a ride with her. Quickly composing herself she stood and crossed to take a drink of juice from the tray on the window, telling herself he wouldn't notice her trying to avoid her action. She was already dressed in her riding clothes so it would be even more obvious if she somehow tried to remove herself from the room. His question and statement caught her attention and she gave him an easy smile. "They're in the back stable all together. I figured your horses would be most at ease with each other than mixed among our own so I had the grooms shift some around." She shrugged lightly as she opened the door to room to let the two of them begin their walk to the stable yard. A few grooms approached her with questions as she entered the yard and she quickly answered them before continuing to lead him to their horses. "Let's see..Aruun...here he is." She checked their board system, wood letters hung in squares to show where the horses were and led him down to the back of the barn, around a corner and down another aisle. His horse was the last one in the row, closest to the outside air. "They were just brought in a little while ago from pasture. And he's gorgeous." Her smile was soft as she looked at the horse, though knowing better than to just reach up to touch a charger. Her brother's had bitten her more than once for her impatience with him. "You'll have to tack up for yourself but I'm sure you're used to that. I'll be two aisles over if you need anything. Your tack is in the room over there." She gestured to the room across the aisle and left him to his buisness.

She walked over to her row and smiled at Kariuki. "Hey pretty girl. I"m going to take Tad now since I took you out earlier." The mare nickered as if in understanding before returning to her grain. Sita walked over to Tadita, "one who runs," her stallion. He danced in his stall eagerly, the blue roan coat glowing in the light. She passed him to walk to the tack room but quickly returned to brush him throroughly. Her parents hated the thought of her riding the stallion but her brother had insisted that she be allowed to. He'd told them...."She raised him..he's a better guard for her than even I am." And it was true, the stallion was vicious if it looked like harm would come to his precious Sita. When she finished she walked out into the yard, mounting up and waiting for Dante to emerge with Arrun. It would be interesting to see how the two horses reacted to eachother.

Back
Top Bottom