Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Madness-based Group Roleplay

celestine

Star
So, I've been a bit bored, a bit creative, and a bit crazy. I've been reading up on some yaoi and thus an idea spawned... Although a bit more open-world... And while it does have a plot, the people playing in my little game will have to sort through it to see what's going on and how things will play out... Also, I've noticed that whenever the plot of a story is known or expressed, the threads sort of shove through it. Since I'm trying to avoid that and come up with something with a bit more character-development, I'm going to see if not saying directly what the plot is will help...

The manga I was reading at the time of 'BOOM-OMG-AN IDEA!' is Madness. I only plan to take a few elements from it, though. Namely, the fighter-suppress pairing and the idea of a bounty hunting system.

I would like approximately four to eight people for this. Since the characters are such that they're generally paired, in the event of uneven numbers, a suppress or fighter may find themselves suppressing or being suppressed by a character already in a pair.

Now, suppresses may choose their own form of suppression... Whether it be surprise headbutts, kisses, bodily advances, or even bribery (food, money, etc).

Sometimes a fighter and a suppress are a couple, but this is not always the case. They can be friends with benefits, friends, or even strangers (such as when they first meet).

It's also important to note that not all suppresses and fighters are compatible. Some fighters can only be suppressed by people or things that they love... A fighter will stop attacking if his lover takes his attention, for fighters with very strict suppress requirements. A fighter with a vast set of requirements might have several suppresses merely in the form of a person offering food or money or something else.

Now, in 3046 A.D., the world itself is barren. There are few, if any cities, and only one that is particularly large. There is no magic, but there are some fields of superior technology such as technological and chemical, but some aren't distributed due to a lack of resources. Cars are extremely rare, for example, because of the lack of resources to build the vehicles themselves, and also in order to maintain them. For the most part, people live in small towns. Farmland has also become a bit more abundant all around due to a strange, chemical experiment gone wrong. The drug, HRX-119, swept across the globe, killing tens of millions of people and greatly reducing the population. A side effect of the drug, however, is that it greatly revitalized all the earth it passed over, giving plains and other such flatlands strong potential to yield crops.

Crime also runs rampant. Most fighters are either bounty hunters or on the run from them.

----

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest, recruit, and also to organize. In interested, please say as much. Have any questions? Ask!

My only requirements are such:
Literacy. I don't expect walls of text or anything like that. Two or three paragraphs is fine. A minimum of ten sentences. Less, if you can make it work. However, I expect to be able to read your post once and understand what it is that you are saying. I should not have to read it more than twice. Grammar, spelling, and the ability to appropriately form sentences and paragraphs is necessary for this particular roleplay.

Respect. I don't mean for you to respect each other. Or rather, I expect you to do that already, but I'm not going to enforce that. That isn't my job. What I mean by respect is that I expect you to read each others' posts! I have seen roleplays become increasingly convoluted and confusing because people don't read each others' posts and execute actions for the same purpose or other things. So, if you'd like to join me in this little journey, please expect to read your fellows' posts.

Understanding. If someone cannot post, fine. Please let me know. If you're going to be out for a period of time, this is also fine. As the "God" of the world, I will find a way to discretely retract you from the plot for a while. When you return, merely let me know, I'll inform you of what may or may not have happened with your character, and you can re-insert you. However, if you are not able to post for a period of 72 hours or greater, I fully expect you to inform me. If someone is out for such a length of time, I will find a way to pull their character out and that person will have to contact me to re-insert that character.

Awareness. If I see your character doing more than I feel is appropriate, I will come up with a creative - or not so creative - way to kill it. I might poison, assassinate, etc. your character. It's very easy to just say, "Rocks fall, ____ is dead." So kindly do not godmod. Also, keep personal fights personal. And out of the roleplay!

And now... For those who made it past all of that... Interest and questions? If you're interested, please tell me whether you'd like to play a suppress or fighter. Thanks!

I had not read the manga, however I might read it, can you tell me a bit more on what is a supress?

Acid said:
I had not read the manga, however I might read it, can you tell me a bit more on what is a supress?

Of course! A suppress is more or less a character capable of utterly obliterating their corresponding fighter(s)'s will to fight. They are essentially capable of preventing any of the unnecessary violence that fighters are subject to - the 'Madness'.

I hope this answers your question. There's definitely a lot I didn't explain - I didn't think it was important if no one was interested... So if there's anything else, by all means, ask! :3

KnuckleBomb said:
so is the madness something that all fighters fall victim to?

Not at all! There are select fighters that have been, at some point in their past, "operated on" and, as a result, have been mentally altered to think or believe a certain thing. In this case, fighters would be thinking of blood, how to get more of it out of those that annoy them, and pretty much, become consumed with bloodlust. Naturally, such a thing has a trigger, whether it's something the fighter, sees, hears, or does, or if it is a thought, threat, etc. Generally, though, most of the afflicted fighters lose it when they, that, or those they consider to belong to them are threatened. Then, it's pretty much like opening a can of whup-ass.

The Madness is not always given to fighters at their prime or about to reach their prime. Sometimes it is implanted into children or toddlers in order to start them on a quickly advancing path to bloodlust. There are also fighters that didn't know how to fight or feud before the Madness and learned upon being invaded by it through the new perspective they had on the experiences after they were afflicted.

well I am definitely interested in this roleplay! ^.^ so does that make the count 2/4, 4 being the minimum?

KnuckleBomb said:
well I am definitely interested in this roleplay! ^.^ so does that make the count 2/4, 4 being the minimum?

Of course~! This means that with at least two more people, I can begin putting up the profiles, locations, and brief explanations of anything else people may wish to know about.

Also, what role were you planning on taking on in this particular endeavor?

celestine said:
KnuckleBomb said:

Of course~! This means that with at least two more people, I can begin putting up the profiles, locations, and brief explanations of anything else people may wish to know about.

Also, what role were you planning on taking on in this particular endeavor?

at the moment I'm kinda leaning towards playing the role of a fighter, however my option may change if there's not a good suppressor to fighter ratio

Very nice! That means we've at least a pair now. Thanks~! I'll post up a basic profile later so you'll have an idea of what you'll need to know about your character and whatnot. There will sort of be stats, but not in a particularly roleplay-invasive way. It's just to establish who is better at what without everyone saying they're all great at this or that. ^^

celestine said:
Very nice! That means we've at least a pair now. Thanks~! I'll post up a basic profile later so you'll have an idea of what you'll need to know about your character and whatnot. There will sort of be stats, but not in a particularly roleplay-invasive way. It's just to establish who is better at what without everyone saying they're all great at this or that. ^^

there ya go cel 3/4 I told you it would pick up people ^.^

Well, there's three for now, counting myself. Now we need just another to start things! ><

For now, though....

Name: What's your character's name?
Role: Fighter/Suppressor?
Brief History: Just a five descriptive, well-thought out sentences will do, but feel free to write more. Fighters, keep in mind that your characters will find that their memories will be blurry a few years after the Madness is first implanted and for most of their past before that.
Hobbies: List three.
Dislikes: List five.

This next part is for Fighters.
Trigger(s): What sets off the Madness within you? You may have anywhere from two to five. For less or more, contact me with the number and reason.
Suppression: What stops your will to kill? You may have anywhere from two to five. For less or more, contact me with the number and reason.

This part is for Suppressors.
Suppressing: How do you suppress? You may have anywhere from one to seven ways to do so. For more, contact me with the number and reason.

I would like both groups to consider the following.

Durability. This will determine how much damage you can take. Consider this in comparison to other Madness-ridden fighters. Regular people will not be a challenge for you at all.
Strength. This determines how much damage you can do with a single hit/attack.
Skill. This is essentially intelligence. How well do you know your opponent's weak points? How much can you derive logically?
Speed. This determines whether you can really get across the field as fast as you'd like to.
Luck. This determines whether God (or I) decide to drop something useful in your lap.
Defense. This determines how much your enemies can attack/attempt to damage you before you actually start to take damage.

That's not a finalized list, but it's pretty much what I'm expecting characters to consider. I know it's a bit much, but I really and truly want this to be a fleshed out, well-written, character-driven roleplay.

celestine said:
Well, there's three for now, counting myself. Now we need just another to start things! ><

For now, though....

Brief History: Just a five descriptive, well-thought out sentences will do, but feel free to write more. Fighters, keep in mind that your characters will find that their memories will be blurry a few years after the Madness is first implanted and for most of their past before that.
Dislikes: List five.

Trigger(s): What sets off the Madness within you? You may have anywhere from two to five. For less or more, contact me with the number and reason.
Suppression: What stops your will to kill? You may have anywhere from two to five. For less or more, contact me with the number and reason.

Suppressing: How do you suppress? You may have anywhere from one to seven ways to do so. For more, contact me with the number and reason.

Durability. This will determine how much damage you can take. Consider this in comparison to other Madness-ridden fighters. Regular people will not be a challenge for you at all.
Skill. This is essentially intelligence. How well do you know your opponent's weak points? How much can you derive logically?
Speed. This determines whether you can really get across the field as fast as you'd like to.
Luck. This determines whether God (or I) decide to drop something useful in your lap.
Defense. This determines how much your enemies can attack/attempt to damage you before you actually start to take damage.

That's not a finalized list, but it's pretty much what I'm expecting characters to consider. I know it's a bit much, but I really and truly want this to be a fleshed out, well-written, character-driven roleplay.

:The information here might change a bit before we get started but basically I just wanted to know if this is roughly the kind of stuff you were looking for, if not just let me know and I'll make the alterations to fit the roleplay.

Malik Maganti

Fighter

Malik Maganti cant seem to remember much of his past and therefore has trouble even recalling who his parents are or if they're still alive for that matter. His body's known little rest, he often finds himself utterly alone and for as long as he can remember he's been on the run from bounty hunters but for what reasons he has no idea. Wherever he seems to wind up at people always appear to be waiting for him, Malik can only speculate that the bounties on his head have something to do with the random violent urges that arise within him every so often. He cant figure out why he gets these urges to cause harm to others but they are mostly brought on by the sight of guns. He's never handled a gun and cant stand the image of one, the very thought gets him riled up and usually drives him to madness. He's never been able to figure out when he started to develop these strange impulses but he has nightmares from time to time that reveal bits and pieces about how it all transpired. On his person Malik usually carries an assortment of blades that vary in size and weight which he attempts to keep well hidden beneath layers of clothing. His body's been hardened by years of fighting for his life and always being on the run, as a result he's built up a lot of muscle without putting on unnecessary weight that would otherwise prove a hindrance for him in battle. Recently rumors have reached his ears that one of the bounty hunters who've been tracking him bares the same last name and a striking resemblance to Malik, people have made claims that it's his father, a rumor that causes him great distress whenever he's reminded of it.
staring into the sky, drinking, resting

sunny days, liquor, spicy food, money and women

Dislikes: List Five
guns, rainy days, overly-chatty people, driving, being woken up

Being in the presence of a gun is the biggest trigger but besides that being verbally or physically threatened also sets it off (obviously) and mentioning of his father.

Acts of affection (seems to be an effective mode of suppression)and promises of alcohol or large amounts of money sometimes works to suppress him

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Based off of a scale from 1-10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+7
+9
+6
+8
+3
+4

It's very nice! :3 I'm pleased to see it, and pleased to have it.
Now we just have to wait and cross our fingers for a few more people! -crosses fingers and hopes-

lol, sorry. I've been having a pretty crazy schedule. Lots of out and about and even a helluva lot of phone calls. It's hard to shoulderize a phone a type at the same time. :3

But I'll get around to it. :3 I might actually make a few edits to the profile, too. ><

understandable, I haven't developed the ability to do that yet either but yeah it'll be nice to have a couple of profiles up for examples cause I know it was hard for me to make a half-way decent one.

>< I suppose I'll give it another week or so. If no one else is interested, I'll have to hold off and try this again at a future date. ><

Back
Top Bottom