Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Wrong Choice?

Loveme

Supernova
Today was the day, the day she was going to tell her bestfriend how she felt about him. They had known each other since they were in diapers. Graduated together and were now at the same college together. Ahia set outside in the court yard shaded by a old oak tree. The wind was blowing just enough to have a cool breeze. Ahia's long black hair was blowing against the wind, her bright blue eyes searched the yard for him.

"Where is he..? If he doesn't hurry I'll change my mind.." It was beginning to scare her out of it. Maybe this wasn't a great idea. Maybe she shouldn't tell him. But no, she had to. She had no other choice. It was now or never. But little did she know her best friend had the same intentions.​

The man was running late. Everything seemed to be wrong today, he knew he had a standing appointment with his best friend Ahia, but things just piled up. If it wasn't his alarm clock not going off, it was his coffee maker exploding. If it wasn't his car breaking down, it was his fucking paper not printing right. This day was seeming worse and worse. He was wearing a casual suit as he pulled into the parking lot. Groaning and taking another sip of his coffee, he stepped out into the cold wind, adjusted his sport coat, and then closed the door behind him. Taking a breath of the cold air, he moved towards the big oak tree in the court yard where the two frequently met.

As he walked towards her, the man sighed. "Look, sorry Ahia." He said in a really quiet tone. "I have just been having a case of the Mondays." He said with a laugh. Finally, he let out a laugh and sat down next to her. "What's up?" The man ran his hand through his short brown hair and let out another sigh. He hadn't even taken off his name tag from the office job he had. He was just an intern, but still, his nametag read: "Hi! My name is Thomas."

"It's fine Thomas... We all have those days." Smiling softly when she saw him dressed in the suit, she spoke. "Have I ever told you that you look extremely well in a suit?" Laughing, she hugged him as he set down. "Ive missed you here lately.. You've been soo busy with that intern job." Sighing she shook her head. "Listen.. I have something for you. I wrote it, because I knew I would forget what I wanted to say. You can read it now or later when your alone."

Pulling the letter from her school bag, she handed it to him and took a deep breath. It wasn't that long, but long enough to know how she felt.

Dear Thomas,

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this sooner or in person. But I couldn't find the balls nor guts to do it with. I wanted to tell you, how much I really like you. No, I don't mean as in best friends. I mean more.. It's been here for the past year. I've dropped hints here and there but you never notice or just aren't interested. I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship.. By me saying this. But Thomas, I like you so much... You make me smiled everytime I see you and make me extremely happy... I hope you feel the same about me...

Love, Adia

The man grasped the letter with a soft grip and figured that he should read it now, yet as he was opening it, he paused. What did she need to tell him that she elected it was better to write in a letter instead of just telling him in person. He really had no idea how to react to such a situation. He had work in a half an hour, and he didn't think he wanted to break the tension so quickly.

A laugh escaped his lips, as his phone vibrated in his pocket, and he put the letter in his back pocket. Standing up, he held his hand out for her to get up as well. "Look, I'm sorry I have to leave so quickly." He said shaking his head. "Work just texted me." The man sighed. "I have to go in. . ."

Shaking her head, she sighed. Taking his hand, she stood and smiled a forced smile. "It's fine. I am use to it, so go in. Have a good day. Call me later and let me know what you think of that letter." She felt her heart dropping as she grabbed her things and watched him carefully.

"See you later Thomas." Sighing, she waved good bye to him and started walking off towards her car. Of course, at a time liek this he had to be called in. It never failed, her trying to tell him something always got interupted.

The man just nodded. He felt bad for leaving her but it was his job. What did anyone expect him to do? He made his way towards his own car, and just looked at her. He gave sad little wave and then was off. Sending a text to one of their mutual friends, whom also worked with him. The text read:

Did you get called in too?

~Thomas

Sighing as he pulled into the work parking lot, he checked his phone once more, and got out of his car. What could the letter say? Part of him didn't want to open it. The man had been single for so long, never really looking for anything, though he did have some inkling about both of the girls whom he hung out with, , ,

When she heard her phone beeping, she slide the screen and saw Thomas' name. Smiling, she read it and sighed. Indeed she did. It was getting crazy, these past few weeks at work. Starting to type, she shook her head and pressed send.

Indeed I did. See you there!
~Jade~

Jade pulled on her coat, she wore a pants suit. Black pants, black jacket and a light green shirt under it. She loved her job, and ever since Thomas started working there it had become better. Now, she was starting to like him... Just like Adia.

As the man got out of the car, he let out a sigh and made his way towards the office. He didn't know exactly what she did to be honest. He thought she was a receptionist or something, like something out of The Office, but he didn't know. He never saw Jade very much, and when he did, it was in passing like during a lunch break or something.

He smiled as he walked in and leaned in at her desk. "This job. . ." He said trailing off. "I mean, having us come in and do sales." He made a gesture of a gun to his head, and laughed, making his way towards his desk. He smiled at her as he sat down and checked her email.

Frank watched as Adia walked into the door. He was her roommate. He had a little bit of feelings for her, but it was at a point where he didn't really know. The man smiled, putting down his X-Box controller and laughed. "How did it go?" He asked referring to the Thomas situation. He didn't like the look on her face, but he decided he'd ask anyway. .

"This job will end up killing us. You watch." She laughed and pulled her email up. Typing in his address, she started typing. How did the meet up with Adia go? When she finished she hit enter and started to type something for work.

====================

Asia shook her head when she walked in. Seeing frank with his game she pushed her stuff down on the counter. "He didn't even open the letter. His work called in." Sighing, she set down next
to him. "Its whatever. He probably doesn't even like me."

The man looked up from his desk as he saw the email. He smiled and shook his head. She gave me a letter, haven't read it yet. How was your date with Mike? He laughed. He loved to tease the girl, to flirt with her, and he was always with her, but he just sighed and picked up his phone to make a call to one of his clients. Today was one of the worst days for working, it was reaffirmation day, meaning, they had to see if they could get their clients to recommit. Bullshit.

The day was over. Their boss had turned out the lights, yet Thomas stayed late anyways. He had alot of paperwork to do, and now he was just so stressed about his work. It wasn't as though he slacked off, it was more that he just had alot of work.

The man sighed. "C'mon." He said as he stood up and walked towards her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I think you are just being pessimistic." He said as he walked into the kitchen to get a bottle of alcohol. "Just think positive."

Jade shook her head and typed. It was alright. Kind of boring though. I don't think I like him that way... When she finished, she turned away and started to call her clients just like he had. Annoying, but yet something they had to do. Shaking her head, she frowned. When the day had passed, she bid goodbye to Thomas and left. After she got home, she pulled her phone out and sent him a text. Let me know how that letter goes :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaking her head, she tried to hold back the tears. "I know. But it always happens. Every time I try to sit down and talk to him or even hangout he always has excuses or gets called into work." She flopped down on the couch after taking her shoes off. "Bring another glass with you... I need some of that."

The man groaned as he received her text. Shaking his head, he was a little anxious to open the letter, and recently, Jade had become a good friend. His fingers worked furiously typing out the text to her: How about we get a drink, meet at the pub? He wrote back. It wasn't as though he didn't want to open the letter, it honestly wasn't, but part of him was afraid of what the contents of the letter would be. What if it was something bad? It had been a long day of work, and drama was honestly the last thing he needed. Maybe Jade would be able to open it for him and take away some of the anxiousness.

Frank laughed as he brought another shot glass to Ahia. Sitting down, he laughed. "Let's play a game to take your mind off that jerk Thomas." He said with a smile. Turning on Scarface, he smiled. "Let's drink everytime someone says fuck, and see how far we can get without puking. We have alot of booze." He knew the game would get her drunk, and the game would make her forget all of her problems.

Sounds good. When will you be done? He always stayed later then anyone else. Why? She really didn't know. But he had become her good friend, ever since Adia introduced them a few years back. Their circle had grown closer, sometime ls they done stuff without Adia, sometimes her and Thomas done stuff without Jade. Tonight would be on of those nights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adia laughed and grabbed the glass. "Deal. But what do we win?" She asked softly as she set the glass down. "Im going to go change." Wit that, she moved quickly through her room. Throwing on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. "Now, we cab begin." She laughed as she set down grabbing the glass once more.

Right now. He texted back as he turned off his computer and put on his jacket. Sighing, he grabbed some papers, left it on his boss's desk, and walked outside towards his car. As he got in, he thought for a second about which bar they were about going to, and then started his car up and drove. As he reached the destination, he just waited for her inside, getting an early start to the long night of drinking ahead.

______

After about fifteen minutes of the movie, Frank was already gone. He was leaning heavily on Ahia, and he was not in good shape. He wanted to know how she felt, but he never knew. He wanted the whole thing with THomas to fail, and to his surprise, it was actually working. He looked at her and laughed. "How are you doing?"

See you there.
She closed her phone and pulled her jacket on. Still having her work clothes on, she hopped in her car and met him there. Smiling softly as she seen him, she walked to the table and set down. "Hey, Early start?" She shook her head and nodded.

~~~~~~~

Adia was gone, on the verge of throwing it all up. It had sounded like a great idea before hand. But now she was regretting it. "I feel.... drunk but good." She laughed and leaned her head on the back of the couch. Watching her roommate.

Back
Top Bottom