Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Witch Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
John was about to let out a low whistle at the sight, but he caught himself, and got back on track. Nice looking body or not, he was on duty, and had to stay focused. He pulled his gun and badge off, setting them next to his duster, before focusing on his spell. Swapping objects was tricky, but it would save them some time.

He pick his shirt up and muttered something quietly under his breath. A few moments later he was standing there in a neat pair of jeans, and holding a black t-shirt. His unform shoes had been replaced with a pair black gatorskin boots. All in all he looked like something that walked out of Urban Cowboy. Dropping his badge in his pocket, and putting his gun back on his belt, he smiled. He slid back into his duster, and picked up his staff. “Ready to go then?”

After she pulled her hair back in a braid she turned to see his clothes had change she smirked. "Nice..." she said as she grabbed her keys and motioned him to follow her out the front. "Out front is the Jaguar. I need to shut the lights off and lock up." She said to him as she cleaned the tables up then placed the equipment back where it was suppose to be. Once everything was cleaned up she headed out and locked everything up then walked outside.

Once she knew John was out she locked her store up. Little did she know they were being watched from the shadows. Silently Aiko got into the driver's seat. "Keep in mind, John....this person you're looking for may not be there but theres a chance." She said as she turned the engine over and started off down teh road.

After years of walking the street John had learned to keep his eyes open for things most people seemed to miss. He’d started practicing it after watching an ancient vid called The Untouchables. Somehting about keeping liquor out of the country. Overall it hadn’t made much sense, but then it had occurred four hunderd years ago. One thing had always stuck with im though. The first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Part of that was making sure he was aware of what was going on around him

He noticed the figure watching them, but didn’t react to it. Doing so would’ve alerted it, and he didn’t want that. Once he was in the car, and they were moving, he checked the rearview casually. “Don’t react, but we’re being watched, possibly followed.”

Aiko tilted her head as John mentioned they were being watched and maybe followed. Smirking as she looked over at him as she took a tight right turn that only cleared a corner by an inch. To her tight clothing she had very few lovers but she seemed to have a bad luck on chosing men. "Maybe its Sam...I know him through an ex and was going to give him a chance but something doesn't feel right. Got to trust your instincts even if you have a good chance of being wrong. Anything to keep you alive." She said with a smile then blushed softly. "Of course you'd know abit of that."

Soon she fell into silence as she drove to the outskirts of town where there was old warehouses. Dark cars and motorcycles were parked in the shadows but soon she fell in among them. Once she turned the engine off she turned to face John. "If they see us together I am going to guess what they assume...We're together or friends. If you have a habit on going off what others say...Thats not going to help you here. They give very little and don't ask for anything in return. They know for a fact I'm single so stick to the story of us being friends." She said to him as she was trying to prepare him for anything she could think of so he can succeed in getting the information he needed.

John smiled a bit at the thought of them being together. She was cute enough, and had a good amount of fire in her. Hell if it wasn’t for the fact he was on a case when he met her, the first thing he would’ve done is gotten her number. Maybe if he played his cards right he could still get it before the evening was up, without having to do paperwork.

“They knew for fact you were single yesterday honey, we only met today, and I still need to get your phone number.” God that had to be the worst pick-up line in history, but oddly it was a true enough statement, and if he wanted to sell them on that point, it would be easy enough. A half truth was easier to tell than a total lie. This kind of thing could fluctuate from day to day.

He popped open her glove box and stowed his gun and badge away. If they decided to frisk him or the like, having those on him would not endear him to anyone. Not that it mattered, if needed, he could call them. Wasn’t that different than calling his clothes, but because of all the small bits, the gun was a lot trickier, but still doable.

She was taken back by him asking for her number. "Easy Tiger...One step at a time..." She said as she patted his knee before taking her keys and handing it to him. "I don't have pockets....Keeps from my shorts from being ripped off." she said with a giggle as she got out of her car and locked her door then shut it. There she pushed the loose locks from her eyes as she moved to the old warehouse that looked dead but there was a witch or two keeping a barrier up. They tried to perfect their skill since John and his group kept going in on them.

Aiko beckoned him to get out of the car as her hip rolled slightly as if it was an extra step tp seduce him to her side.

He smiled taking her keys. “And you losing your shorts would be a bad thing why?” He slid out of the car quickly to avoid getting hit. He left the duster, but picked up his staff. The warehouse looked empty, but then the places always did. John had his way of checking for barriers, but since he was supposed to be here as a competitor, and not a cop he let it go.

As they approached the building, he walked next to Aiko. He tried to slide a hand around her waist to pull her in a bit closer, but he wasn’t going to push his luck too far. If she smacked him away he’d let it go. Still his eyes were alert for any danger, and despite the relaxed front he was putting up, his nerves were on edge.

When she felt his hand slipping around her waist she giggled when he pulled her into him. "John..." She said as she placed her hands on his chest as if to keep space between them. "What are you up to?" she asked softly even though she could see he was on high alert she moved where she was in front of him as her hands stayed on his chest. "Relax..." she said softly as she got the hint he was hitting on her. So standing close to him as the door behind her opened.

"Well, Vixen...Is this your new play thing?" A bald man asked as he stood there grinning at the pair. His bald head was tattooed but he looked massive.

Aiko rolled her eyes at his comment. "Jealous, Ray?" She asked as she turned as she linked John's left hand and made sure it slipped to her ass as she lead him inside. Ray was the one who checked the markings but he noticed who John was.

"A cop?" He said as he grabbed John by his shoulder only to see the marking then looked to John. "They canned you huh?"

John laughed little when she put a hand on his chest. He was pushing a little too fast for selling it apparently. “Alright, alright.” He was about to finish it off with something witty when they were interrupted by the bald man. He recognized him almost instantly. Every bust he’d been on he could remember seeing this guy, and now he had a name for him. He listened silently to their repartee, before trying to follow Aiko in.

When Ray grabbed him on the shoulder though, his face remained calm, but his eyes lit up a bit with blue light. It was an instinctive reaction he had when he was on alert like this. A defensive spell in case he was attacked. When Ray asked if he’d been canned after IDing him, the light dimmed, but was still their faintly.

“Well I’m not here cause I’m walking the beat.” A true statement, though it was still open for interpretation if that meant he was fired or just here for another reason. Not quite enough to clear him, so he added a little more to it. “Got tired of dealing with the commissioner’s bullshit over what I am. Nice to finally have a name for you though Ray.”

Ray smirked noting the blue light then nodded to Aiko. "Lucky Dog, she's hard to pin down. Vixie, putting him to the test to see if he survives in yoru bed." He started to laugh but his crotch bursted in flames. "VIXEN!" He yelled out as water came out of nowhere for him as it soaked the ashed crotch. Ray glared at Vixen as she grinned.

"Oh Ray, you know I test my men to see if they are worthy to even see me naked." She winked to John as she beckoned him to follow. "Either way Ray he's already been marked and he's here to work his agression out before my claws get to him." She teased as she moved ahead of John but with her moving flames were starting to erupt from her feet as if to clear the path way. She cleared I with Ray John was here strictly to relax no raids no nothing. "Cobra!" She yelled to John over her shoulder callnig him over to her.

John smirked and walked after Aiko, spinning his staff for a little flair along the way. That was a close call, but they’d gotten past it. He’d hoped that people wouldn’t recognize him without the uniform, but then he should have realized that he’d just done one too many raids for that to work. Besides how many sorcerers were there on the force besides him?

As he caught up to Aiko he let out a sigh of relief. He didn’t say anything for fear of listening ears, but she’d know what it was for. The blue light had died off now, the need for its defenses passed. Once he started fighting it would probably come back, but until then it was gone.

“Well we’re in, now what?”

"We?" she asked as she looked at him with a smirk. Wagging her finger in a slight wave as she moved away from him. "We split from here just remember lay low for now. They may not show up tonight. It happens at random and you know that this is where we're at our weakest point for the time being." She said as her nails ran over his chest. "You may not be called to fight tonight. This is your trial and you'll be watched from here on in." She said as she wished she remembered to tell him this but she stepped closer as her hips moved against his own as she noticed some people looking over at them. Aiko placed her arms around his neck as she whispered into his ear.

"Watch your back John...They won't attack you while you're working but you'll be bugged to see if you'd spill about our locations and dealings." she whispered as she moved her leg around his hip and kissed his ear lobe then gave it a gentle nip. There the people turned their eyes to the early fights that were going on.

John laughed lightly and gave her a quick nip on her neck and he whispered back. “Gotcha. This isn’t my first time undercover as it were.” He gave a quick kiss on the lips before separating and drifting off to watch the fights. His eyes roved over the warehouse. He could see plenty of people he’d taken in for this all over the place. With any luck none of them would notice him till he was out on the floor, if he ended up out there tonight.

He turned his attention to the two fighting out on the floor. He could tell from their movements and the incessant shouting of incantations that these two were just coming into their power. He shook his head. What everyone here really need was a mentor, and someplace they could legally vent the buildup of power and aggression. He understood this better than anyone on the force, but because they were all so ostracized, there was no other choice for them.

In another ring near where John was her name was called out. Walking over as she stepped into the cleared circle as another woman stepped in. "Ivy." Aiko said as the red haired girl glared at her.

"Vixen....Or should I say Alley Cat." She snapped even though it wasn't teh best but Ivy was suppose ot be the Vixen of the lower Elites until Aiko came along. Without word Ivy striked first sending Aiko onto her back. Ivy's gift was forming metal into a weapon and her choice was whips.

Aiko was on her back as her leg was bleeding with her stomach sliced open. "Going for blood you wannabe?" She snapped as she flipped onto her feet as flames came at Ivy but Aiko didn't let up even with men trying to get in there to stop it from becomnig a blood bath. The women kept the men at a distance as the pair danced. Both were burned and cut up but with the flames clearing the two glared at eachother as Ivy's clothes were burnt off and Aiko's legs were covered in cuts and bruises.

As Aiko entered the ring, he shifted his attention from the first fight to hers. He watched her opponent more intently as she seemed surprisingly familiar. When she lashed out with her power, the nickname clicked. Erika “Ivy” Iverson was one of the few people who attended these things that had an actual rap sheet. She was a known gang affiliate and acquired most of her income as a turf war mercenary, with some moonlighting as an assassin. John had been trying to bring her down on the latter for years, but he’d never been able to get any hard evidence that she was involved. Now he knew why they’d never found a murder weapon.

As the fight started to escalate out of control, he made his way towards the edge of the circle. When it didn’t look like things were calming down, he raised his staff up, before letting it slip to the ground as he whispered a word to himself. When the staff struck the ground, a shockwave moved forward, shaking the ground under them both. He took advantage of this brief distraction to move in on Ivy. In a few moments he was standing directly in her face.

“Ease off girl. I’m supposed to be here so I can relax.” His eyes were lit up with the blue light again, and he had a tight grip on his staff, ready to use it if she didn’t take the hint.

The red hair woman smirked as she saw John standing in front of her. "Coming to the bitch's rescue huh? A man like you doesn't relax without being fucked up the ass." She said as she turned away winking to Aiko only to see flames erupting from Aiko as the men held her down. She pulled and yanked as the men held her wrists tightly nearly breaking them.

"Hey! Get out of here!" Aiko snapped at John as it was clear to her this fight wasn't over yet. When Ivy was gone Aiko was released as she went over to John and grabbed his arm with her nails sinking into into his flesh. "What the hell?!" She asked as she forced him to face her. "In a few more moments she would have given up!" She said knowing Ivy liked things to en quickly and John gave her that satisfaction. "Now she's going to target you for giving what she wanted.."

John looked at her unfazed. “Yeah I know what that bitch is like. Believe me I’ve been trying to nail for the past two years. She may like the fight over quick, but she’s a slow killer. If she decides to come after me she’s gonna have a hell of a fight on her hands. Nothing I can’t handle long as I have my staff.”

That said he took her by the arm and started walking her over to the first aid station. “So your base line is fire huh? Not gonna say what mine is just yet in case I get challenged tonight, but suffice it to say I can use my staff as a focus for things outside of it.”

With him leading her to the first aid station a tiny or girly boy walked over to her in his tight jeans and laid his hands over her wounds. Looking at John as he mentioned her power was fire.

"Yeah...I'm a pyro and if Ivy knows what you need...She'd take it from you to keep you off balance. That..." Aiko stopped there as she looked away from John not saying another word. Aiko had more than likely been red letter for being violent after a murder case where Ivy was so called defending herself.

A young business man who was a witch like John or power level wise was ice. A cool personality mixed with a fiery chick, interesting passionate relationship. She and him were involved for awhile until Ivy challenged Aiko for a fuck in the bed with him. When Aiko refused to fight Ivy, Ivy didn't kill her love slowly but right there in front of her and licked his nlod clean from ehr nails. Aiko was labeled as a suspect until they did further digging as Thomas was going to propose to Aiko that night when he was killed.

"I just want her dead John..." she said quietly as she kept her eyes from him as silent tears rolled down her cheeks. Her once pissed off unleashed temper was no longer there but as if her soul and body was suddenly to tired to move. Once the medic was done he smiled sweetly to Aiko giving her a bottle of water that looked green. It was the boy's vitamin water to replace the minerals the body used up. There Aiko sipped on the bitter lime water with her looking at her bloody legs.

John winced when she mentioned her ex’s murder. He’d remembered reading about that one, and now he understood why it fell outside the usual profile for Ivy. Near as they could figure she enjoyed making her victims suffer. By killing him quick and leaving Aiko there, she’d ensured Aiko would be suffering for years afterwards. He put a hand on her shoulder sympathetically.

“I don’t think she’s going to be around much longer. Now that I know how she works, I should be able to get a case put together against her. She won’t last long after that. She’s a suspect in about five murders. Just couldn’t find a murder weapon. Now I know why.” He hadn’t come here as a cop, but knowledge he gained could still be useful. He wasn’t going to break down every petty crime he found, but someone like Ivy needed to be taken down.

His eyes drifted back through the crowd, and found Ivy standing there looking smug. His eyes narrowed as he felt anger growing inside him. Aiko would be able to feel a slight tingle along her skin like electricity. He let his hand slide from her should and picked up his staff before returning to watch the fights.

Aiko nodded to him saying Ivy wasn't going to be aroun dmuch longer but when he left her she didn't look up. She knew the reason why Ivy targeted her Aiko was Ivy's rival in many ways. With John gone an dAiko sitting there sipping on her water Ivy made her way over.

"Been to your lover's grave lately?" She asked ina low hissing tone with her sitting down right beside her as Ivy's gang surrounded her as well.

"Ivy, you know I can kill your men with no problems." She said without her looking up at them as she grabbed a wet cloth and cleaned the blood from her healed legs.

"And risk being killed by the elites youself?" She said with a slight smug look on her face. "With you down he can gain the upper hand." She said as she grabbed a water bottle as she walked off. Though Aiko looked up knowing who she was talking about. Before she could get to her feet she felt cold hands running over her shoulder then her breasts. Invisible hands that grasped them was gone. From that sensation she felt ill as her face turned a pea green.

John couldn’t help but wince as he watched the fights. The younger the fighters, the less control they seemed to have and the more the refs got in the way. At least they listened though. He could ee Ivy was out for blood. There was something more going on between her and Aiko than either was letting on. He’d have to ask around later, for now Aiko was looking ill.

He made his way back towards her. “You ok Vixen? You look a little green, literally.” His gaze shifted back to Ivy and her gang. “Ok there’s something more going on here between you two. You want to enlighten me, or do i need to start asking around?”

She heard John reaching her but with her feeling sick she was afraid to open her mouth. "Danny!" She yelled as he rushed over with a bucket. In moments Aiko slipped behind a cover forcing herself to puke. When she was done she washed her mouth out and looked to John. "He's here...." She knew she could say two words and he'd pick up on it. "I'm guessing Ivy is his lover." She said but before she could move a black large hand slammed into her front torso sending her back. She cried out as her back hit the cement wall.

An unknown man slipped from the shadows with a web across his face. His eyes were muddy as his movement were bit rough. Aiko hit the ground as her body was in shock as she wasn't able to move. "COBRA!" She yelled as the unknown man moved where he stood between her and Johnm though another person appeared and it was her friend who went missing. Plants whips out of nowhere as it wrapped tightly around Aiko's throat and restrained her tightly. Aiko fought still as on the wall above her head was a ghostly figure moving as if getting ready to consume Aiko's body to control it.

John swore vehemently. He knew he should have kept his radio with him, but now things were going to get tricky. He threw his staf arm forward unleashing a mass of force that would bowl the guy over backward, and likely salm him into the wall. He didn’t have time to be precise at the moment, he needed to get clear so he could call in his radio and badge. His next gut reaction was to bal up his free hand and send an arc of electricity at the shadowy figure hovering near Aiko. He didn’t have to think about that since electricity was his base power. That just left getting her loose and dealing with her friend.

Gripping his staff with both hands he swung it in an arc letting a narrower burst of force loose to cut through the vines and metal that Held Aiko,freeing her. “MOVE!” At that point he was already trying to get somewhere clear and starting on calling his radio. He paused briefly for a moment, and he had it in his hand. “This is Detective John Baker. BOLO has been spotted. Suppression squad needed at the abandoned warehouse outside of town, stat!”

Aiko was growing weaker as her air way was cut off but she was forced to face the ghostly figure that was moving closer to her. John.... That was her last thought before the ghostly figure screeched out as its sounds was defeaning. When the vines came loose from Aiko she got to her feet moving as John got closer to her. With John moving to call for back up Aiko was defending the vines off as her friend hadn't given up on her orders to capture a new servant.

The ghostly figure that screamed out had started a stampede of people trying to clear out as they knew only one person had control over such things. Soon there was six figures left standing as the one who hit Aiko and her friend plus the four others. Aiko didn't know where John was but she had to buy him time by keep these people busy and if the man was nearby to stall him. Flames erupted from her hands as it hit the floor in front of the charging figures only to see pain wouldn't bother them. Cursing as she leapt up into the air as her friend tried to tackle her. Aiko's body relaxed whiched allowed her to spin in odd positions. None of the six were able to touch her as she yelled out to John. "They beter get here before the connection becomes weak!"

Through No fault of John’s the cops were already on their way out. They didn’t have the lights going so there wasn’t any warning when they arrived, but once John’s message got out, they went out full blast. It was still going to be a bit before they got there, but anyone running outside would be able to see the lights coming and hear the sirens.

In the mean time John was back out into the fight. “They should be here shortly. Someone tipped them off to the fight earlier.” He hoped this didn’t hose his ass, though either way he was probably screwed. No one around here was liable to trust him, and the commissioner had been looking for an excuse to can his ass for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom