Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Party in the Streets (Sho and NightRose)

Shards~Of~Roses

Supernova
Mia gave a sigh as she strummed the chords on her guitar. The ally wall supporting her as her leg was bent and foot flat against the wall as she kept strumming as she kept her eyes closed as her headphones kept the music to herself. Her fingers moving quickly as she practiced hard on herself as the only thing bringing in food was her playing so she had to keep herself at her best. Living on the streets of New York City it self was killer but to do so in the middle of winter wasn't the greatest thing to do. Yet she had no choice, her father pushing her into her piano training to follow in her dead mother's foot steps just made her want to hurl. She loved music but she had a passion for rock. Each time she played she felt like she was discovering more about her own self. Her bag down next to her foot she kept playing only as she opened her eyes it happened just as another homeless man took her bag. She moved quickly after him. She was fast and as she followed after him she was quick to jump the guy.

She knocked him out with a firm kick to the head yet as she got her bag back around her shoulders she was grateful for her guitar strap as she took off her headphones she heard fighting as she moved with the crowd to see just what was going on. She figured once things really heated up she could play to get the people came to watch the fight would pay a little as she was already moving her hands to switch her electric guitar's cords out to have her amp ready as it was in her bag. Her short bob haircut stood out in the crowd as did her ripped jeans and sneakers in the snow that was already down made her stand out as she wore all black with red designs on her sweater.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?" A guy yelled and the crowd broke in small fears. A guy with curly dark hair was arguing with a 'flamboy' type of guy. "I don't care if you're a good guitarist or not- You're the not the main thing in MY band!" He glared.

The flamboy just sighed in annoyance as he paid no attention to the other's yelling. The curly hair boy yelled even more as he finally said some more things causing the other to actually react and yell back. After 3 more minutes of this, the guy named Zack saw Mia with a guitar and gave a nasty smile that of course bothered Mia as he then said, "You're fired!" Leaving the other guy dumbfounded and angry. After another minute, the guy left and Zack looked back at Mia where his smile soften to a neutral one as he walked over to her. "May I have a word with you?" he asked 'politely'.

Mia was a little more than shocked as she heard what was going on. She shook her head to him as she just turned to the crowd walking away just a bit to give the fight and herself some distances. She flipped on the amp and started to play she put down a little tip jar in front of her as she let her fingers do the talking for her. She actually wasn't even paying them any attention as she played only as she did she suddenly felt a shiver down down her back. She looked over to see him smiling at her as she played already getting a few tips for her skill. Only as he came to her she wasn't sure what to think. "What?" she answered back turning off her stuff and getting her jar together. She didn't like the look he gave her, she didn't care about him so him trying to talk to her didn't really matter to her.

With his green eyes on her, Zack asked, "I see that you're a guitarist. Are you very skilled?" he asked being politely with her of course; he wasn't going to scare away his possible replacement in his band. He added, "I am sure you just noticed the scene I just had with my ex-member of my band..." he continued. "...and you seem like you're a good replacement if interested perhaps? This is sudden I know but trust me: my band is well known in this part of the city and it's something that can help both of us if you say yes" he said with a smile that wasn't neutral or nasty but a smile showing how much he wanted her to say yes.

Looking over to him as he came towards her she gave a groan right off the bat of what he was saying. "Hey thats your problem you can take that somewhere else" she said as in truth she didn't need people really seeing her. A band wasn't something she needed as she was a runaway if people started to really see her word might get back to her father. She knew he had the money to really send someone out there. "No I don't need that shitty drama" she stated as she packed up her stuff in the waterproof bag as it was looking to start snowing any moment. While she pulled out her gloves she started to turn away. She really didn't want to mess around with this guy though as she looked down to her tip jar she barely had enough to ride the subway for a little while to keep her warm.

"Shitty drama? That's the reason why I fired that guy!" Zack said showing his angry annoyance side to her again. "And you're not going to get anywhere if you're only performing on the street." he added while claiming down remembering that he needed her on his side.

"Look, I am sure that your parents would be prouder of you making it big in a club or event rather than the streets wouldn't they? What are they saying about you doing this in the street?" He asked her trying to prove a point but yet he didn't know what was up with her parents which could cost him more and less of a chance to get her to take his side over his offer. He however was up to the test even when he didn't know what was up ahead right now.

Mia just kept walking with full intentions of just leaving all together, however that left the moment he brought her parents into this. Anger already starting to boil over as she turned and walked right back up to him. Her finger pointed at him as she pushed him back a little with a poke to the chest. "You listen here! You have no right even bringing up one's parents they've got nothing to do with what I do with my guitar so don't you think you can just pull the parents must be proud shit with me. I'm not some daddy's girl that wants to make him smile with what she does with her life!" she yelled him as she kept pushing him back with her finger. "For all I can he can be proud or disappointed either way his got nothing to do with me and my life do you understand that. Don't you ever think that he can just pull out some crappy card like that again. I'm not some ace in the hole" she said as she was beyond pissed now. He had brought up the one thing that made things worse.

"What the FUCK did I do?!" he said yelling back dumbfounded and frowning as he then added. "Ok, CLEARLY I see NOW that you've got issues with your folks but honestly now: you do want to make it big RIGHT??" He added keeping his voice normal again yet fast as he looked at her not smiling but glaring in angry to what she just said.

Of course, he would risk making things alot worst than they were but he was good at talking his way into getting things HIS way.

"Seriously, I am trying to give you a offer! You're not STUPID are you?!" he yelled glaring leaving her very dumbfounded at how he treated her and how he didn't seem to care that she was a girl.

Taken back Mia wasn't sure what to think as she heard what he yelled back to her. In truth she really couldn't seem to think straight for a second there. "What about you? I mean come on you fire your guitarist just because you see another one on the street corner" she said one eye brow up. "Look I'll give you and your band a few gigs if I like it I'll stay if I don't like it I have a chance to leave out at any moment got it" she said as she was giving in. In truth she was getting tired with this fight it was obvious he wasn't letting her leave and then trying to talk with him wasn't helping. She truly didn't want to get into an actual fight with the guy either he was bigger than her. As she was just barely seventeen yet she looked nineteen. She would keep her age to herself and the fact that she had actually already graduated Juilliard with a Master's of Music with piano and guitar. (Actually went on the juilliard school website to look it up lol) If she wanted too right now she could go back and get her a job doing classical music with the symphonies.

"First off, I fired him because I was tired of that guy hitting on my dumber who threated to quit if he wasn't left alone...." Zack said claiming down at what she said yes to. He then added, "I am sure that you'll have to worry about if you can make a impression...now I know that I choose you out of the spot light but You're going to have to show me what you got..." he pulled out a card and tossed at her.

"if you're really interested, I'll see you in a hour" he said with a smirk as his face lighten. "Oh wait...what's your name again?" he asked raising a eyebrow.

Hearing the reason why the other guitarist was fired she was a little shocked only to let herself just brush it off as she shook her head. "Mia" she stated as she didn't give a last name and if asked she would give a fake. She caught the card easily before looking down at it she gave a sigh. "i'll be there" she stated though it might take longer than an hour for her to get there only trying would be what she did. In truth she wasn't sure if she should just bounce or not. Yet she was sure this might bring in a little more money for herself to eat and get hothands to keep her fingers warm enough to play.

"Cute name" he said smirking lightly as he then said, "Zack" introducing himself to her. "By the way....just so I know, how old are you....?" he asked her curiously. "Just to let you know, I am 19" he said to her as he then thought about her age not realizing. (Please not too young) he thought as he then said, "well?"

Zack hoped that she was aleast near 18; he didn't want to have issues with age in his group although he was the 'youngest' in his band. He also thought about her background but didn't bother on that.

Mia gave a glare to him when he said her name was cute, only when she heard his name she gave a laugh. "What a common name" she teased as she pushed her guitar back onto her back the strap moving between her breasts her other bag just barely hanging off her shoulders. "Eighteen turning Nineteen early next year" she said as it was partly true. Her birthday was in may but it was only late November. It was a good ways away before she was actually 18. Though Legally through college she had claimed adulthood at the age of 15 thanks to her grandparents lawyers working for her. If she wanted to she could easily go to her mother's parents and they would take her in but it was so complicated she just couldn't. She hated this yet she had to wait until she was eighteen then her father couldn't touch her at all.

"See you there then" he said smiling as he left.

**1 hour later**

Zack's apartment was actually the hangout for the band to practice. Luckly, his uncle had own this place before he retired in South America thus making it not only a free place to live but a perfect place to be. A good spot on the 30th floor, Zack's band was able to practice all they want since there were only 3 other apartments on this floor not bothered by his music at all. He looked at his members who were very curious about his choice in firing their last guitarist.

"As long as this IS a girl, I am fine" his drummer Drew said smiling as he thought about the new girl coming.

"I don't think she be interested in you Drew..." the base player said rolling her eyes as another band member commented.

"Jealous much Manda?" Chad said laughing.

Zack rolled his own eyes as he looked at the lyrics that Manda wrote. (Not bad...but the music...) he thought.

Mia gave a groan as she arrived at the building only the lift was down as they were working on it at the very moment. She looked down to the card again and then back up at the stairs she thought about it. Her mind weighing out what would happen, it was either the streets or go up and been in warmth for a little while. Looking back outside showed just how heavy it was snowing. Giving a sigh she figured that god wanted her here as she started up the stairs. If the lift had been working she would had been there on time but it took her a good twenty minutes just to get up the thirty flights of stairs. She was panting as she got to the floor just below it she stopped and let herself catch her breathe. She was sweating a little as she took off her sweater to show her white spaghetti shirt that hung over her black tee shirt as she stood now her entire body showed just how grown out she actually was as the jeans and sweater hid most of that though through the tears one could see just how skinny she was and now with the sweater off she barely looked healthy. Though as she moved to finished the last flight of stairs she grew a little uneasy as she really hadn't asked if there were other guys in the band other than the one he had mentioned.

Finally knocking on the door she seemed a little flushed still as she stood there with all the things she had before as they went everywhere with her. "Sorry I'm late your elevator is broken" she stated as she wasn't sure if he knew that. It seemed like it just happened with the way the building manager was yelling at the tech guy.
fender-electric-guitars.jpg

"The other was broken too?" Chad said opening the door as she walked in. "Hi, I am chad" he said waving a friendly smile as she came in. The others but not Zack, had looked and greeted her with a hello.

"Both elevators are broken?" Manda asked curiously.

However, Zack interrupped.

"She's here, that's all that matters" He said standing up and bringing the lyrics to Manda. "Lyrics good but music...I am not feeling it" He said honestly as Manda rolled her eyes once again.

Zack looked at Mia. "Good to see that you're actually here" he said with a smirk.

Mia nodded her head to the first male to speak. Only she noticed the cold shoulder she was getting from Zack only made her want to scream. She tried to keep her cool as she heard the others say hello to her she gave her head a partial bow as she was still trying to keep her cool. "Yeah it seems they both are" she stated as she started towards a corner where nothing was, as she put her things there she heard him speak about some music feeling wrong. "Yeah you didn't give me much of a choice to walk away" she said as she threw a hand over her shoulder as she was pulling out her guitar to get it up and ready. In truth she wasn't even sure what type of band this way yet as she got the guitar strap on she moved to the group as Zack spoke about the music a little more. She looked over his shoulders her mind fast at work as she already went through all the notes before he had the time to realize what she was doing. "Uh what were you trying to get the music to feel like?' she asked as she felt there were a few things she could add but at the same time she didn't feel it was right unless she at least knew what they had been going for.

Zack rolling his own eyes, he said, "We always have a choice" Looking at Mia and then Manda, he added, "I'll give you a few demos...

Zack spent a half hour at his desk with headphones on her, showing all of their music. Meanwhile, most of the band members were talking about the music to be done with the lyrics. Manda was very good but they needed music.

Zack managed to learn more and more about Mia as she became more willingly and he paid no attention to her bad attitude although it was a fail. "Would you just shut up and listen to the whole THING?!" he yelled again for the 3rd time that hour. Zack was annoyed with how she had a answer for everything and getting angry. Zack wasn't one to talk but he did so anyway.

"No wonder you're not in a band!" he added with annoyance.

While he kept seeming to get on her cause her anger started to get the better of her. "Oh yeah you can't even right a simple tune ZACK!" she finally screamed before hooking up the guitar to an amp she smirked. "If you want the lyrics to work its not fucking rocket science" she yelled to him before she pulled her pick free and started on the song intro. She looked to Manda for her to start to sing the lyrics, as she started Mia changed the keys for the guitar just a little with a smirk suddenly it sounded totally different as she strummed the chords like she had known all along. By the end of the song the other members were shocked. "There you dumbass you happy now?!" she screamed before unhooking and grabbing her stuff. "This is bullshit I'm out" she said as she was out the door. Yet Manda and Chad were instantly trying to call for her back. She had taken something she had never even see or heard before and turned it into something a master would love to take credit for.

Zack however yelled after her as she opened the door. "FINE, GET OUT-" He stopped as she opened the door and a Pizza man was there looking nervous.

"food...?" The pizza man said as both Zack and Mia froze with the awkwardness.

"Tommy" Zack said a bit embarrassed as he knew the guy personally.

"Already paid by credit card" Tommy said nugging at Chad's direction who waved hello.

"Here..." Zack said pulling out a $5 and waving bye at Tommy. "talk to you tomorrow!" He said awkward. However, just as Mia was about to leave, Zack purposly kept the door closed with his index finger raised as a 'wait for it...'. After a few seconds, he opened the door and yelled, "FINE, GET OUT!" as she angrly walked out but as Zack closed the door, he realized something.

Opening the door, he grabbed the Pizza that she was holding since Tommy handled to her. "Only band memebers get together!" he said with annoyance as he took the pizza and slamed the door in her face.

Zack soon argued with his band members.

"hey man, she's actually good with the guitar!" Chad said trying to get Zack to change his mind.

"While what she was doing wasn't completely perfect, I felt SOMETHING while she was playing..." Drew Admited.

Manda sighed as she said, "I felt it too, but it's a hit and miss thing....I need her to play a few more times to be sure."

The moment the door opened to reveal the pizza guy she felt like falling over. Was her life just a big ass joke to the gods. As she felt the pizza being pushed into her hands she wasn't sure what to say or think for a moment she just gave a groan and mentally slapped herself as she stomped out. Only to forget about the pizza in her hands. Though the moment it was ripped from her hands she felt her stomach hit her at the fact she hadn't eaten in a good day and a half. Sighing she moved towards the stairs again as she figured she might as well heat herself up even though the elevator was working now. Still spent a good while for her to get all the way down as she had all her stuff packed back up and layers on as she got outside she knew it was going to a hard winter and even worse for her being homeless as she started out down the street.

Zack argued for another 5 minutes. After points were made, Zack thought about what they said. "Fine...but you're going to have to paid again for food; I am still hungry..." Zack said as he glared at how his friends ate the pizza while he was busy arguing with them. IN fact, how DID they eat without him while talking with him? Zack didn't want to think about it.

Mia was good but not perfect. yet, she had this talent to spark up a good thing in their music so now he needed to get her back. (I guess I can treat her to food....) he thought as a 'bribe'. However, that didn't seem to be on his mind as much as how he was seriously going to get her back. Now that the elevator was 'working again', he walked in and was soon to the first floor and saw how much snow was coming out. (I should have dressed warmer....a Umbrella would have been nice...) he thought as he walked over to the door way but stopped as he saw Mia walking ahead of him (She took the stairs?) he wondered as she was opening the doors.

Mia kept brushing her hair clear of snow as it seemed a big storm was coming in. She could never tell due to being homeless you really didn't get a warning without tv or radio to listen too. She thought hard to where she was as she stopped at the street corner. She needed to get to a shelter so the bunker down before things got to much worse. She brought her fingerless gloves to her mouth as she tried to breathe into them to keep the warmth there though she found herself getting use to how cold it was getting. She had already been on the streets for a good month now. In truth many her age didn't last this long but her guitar and her skills kept her eating and warm when she made enough only problem now was there was no one to play for.

Zack called out to her but considering the crowd and the thick snow, it was very hard to hear. Zack thought that this was annoying but aside from band work, he had NOTHING better to do than to go after a girl that he disagreed with alot. Zack was forced to call her out every few minutes while following her. He was wearing a light jacket and not very heavy clothes while she wasn't exactly wearing warmer clothes herself from what he just realized.

After a while Mia suddenly started to hear her name. Turning around she was shocked to see Zack out in the clothes he was in. "What are you doing! Your going to get yourself sick!" she screamed at him. Already her nose and face was red with chills as she had no scarf or anything to protect her from the windy snow. "Get back inside are you crazy!!' she screamed as she shook her head turning back to leave. "Just go back to the band" she said this time though she was loosing her strength. The cold and wind added on to how weak her body was she started to feel her head grow dizzy as she suddenly stopped and leaned against a street lamp.

Back
Top Bottom