Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Changed but for the better? (Askeladd and Nightrose)

Dimitri could see nothing but endless blackness, it was like being inside of nothing and everything at once, maybe this was what a black hole was like, he could not explain it all he knew was that he felt completely alone. But when all felt empty he felt it, a warmth that seemed to engulf his body as Lunar held his body in her arms, he could hear the humming of her song and suddenly like the blackness had never been there he opened his eyes at the moment she said it was okay. He could feel her soft fingers running through his wild hair as he had done to her last night, he looked at her and was surprised to find her so close to him, "thank you for bringing me from the darkness" he whispered softly as he just let her hold him. The mention of bringing him from the darkness was not just of the dream it was of his past as well, he had been a swordsman once, trained from his earliest memories to be a killer to enjoy it to revel in blood, until three years ago he had been part of a group of vile men. They called themselves the crimson wolves, together they laid waste to anything that came into their path for nothing more then fun, but three years ago he had nearly died and in his vision of death she appeared to set him upon the right path.

As she felt him coming back to her she gave a soft smile. She had found him once like this and brought him back from the edge. She had seen what Aries had done to the boy's soul as she felt horrible for what had been done to him. Only as she brought him back it seemed to start the upset of the other gods. As it had been known the moment he was born that he was meant for greatness. Only she had saved him from death just upset the gods as he had turned from his ways and to hers. "I'll always be there" she said as she hoped that would be the truth.

That smile of hers was more then enough to calm his beating heart, even as he had been on the edge of the precipice she was there to hold him back from it. He smiled back as he heard her say that she would always be there and he nodded at her words, he knew them to be true as she had always been there in the dark and the light times, he had felt her watching over him even as the others told him that she had left them and their faith long ago. "They told me you had forsaken us, that you had forgotten your followers and the things that they had done for you, but I knew you never forgot us it was simply a test of faith" he said softly as he looked into her eyes softly seemingly looking into her soul. Here with her he felt at ease, it was as if that nothing but the two of them mattered they were almost like a single being that understand everything about itself, he knew very little of Lunar and he knew she knew almost everything that there was to know about him. He wondered now as he looked at her and asked, "am I a good person?" he asked it like a child would ask not knowing if they even knew the answer to their own question.

Lunar listened to everything he said as she shook her head. "I was fighting for everyone of you yet the other gods felt that everyone needed to be tested even harder" she said as she gave a sigh. Trying hard to stop the emotions as she thought back on some of the trials that had been sent to the mortals. Still no matter what she did tears fell as she held him close. "Oh gods yes, you were long before I found you, only thing was you had forgotten yourself to the other ways. Every person is a good person if they know truly who they are it'll show." she said as she looked down to him tears starting to slow. "Don't worry I've been watching over your soul for a long time now." she said with a soft smile. "I always believe the fates gave you your past for a reason. Your skills in killing while bad when using it just for the fun of it, is something for all man when used to protect. Death is not a monster but a gift all are afraid of receiving" she said to him with a soft smile.

Dimitri knew that she had been fighting for them, logically he did not know that she was but inside his heart his faith made him believe that she was always there and she had just confirmed his belief. As he saw the tears in her eyes he thought maybe his question had been too much, he had expected she did not want to tell her faithful follower that he was not a good person but he found it to be the exact opposite from what he thought. She told him that before she had even found him that he was a good person and that he had just lost his way, he had not expected such an answer from her, it cast something through him his body felt like he was electrified with some kind of new power. It was as if a heavy burden had been lifted from him once and for all, he smiled back at her and reached up with a hand to gently use his thumb to wipe away her remaining tears. "Thank you" was all he could get out before his throat seemed to stop up, he would not cry in front of her but it took all his control to make sure he did not, she was more then he had expected it was incredible. Just her presence and a few words from her and he felt better then he had in three years, she had saved him again he thought calmly as he continued to smile at her.

Lunar felt him move back looking to her she felt so weak at that moment when he stared on her tear stained face. She wondered where these emotions were coming from. Never before this had she felt weak in any sense of the term and now she was feeling it in so many different ways. Only as his hand came up cupping her cheek as his thumb wiped away her tears she felt her heart speed up as a blush came to her face. "No matter what even if you wield a blade again or kill again if you make sure that the killings are to protect others and there was no way around it you will never stray from the path you were meant to walk on" she said as she had faith in him. "remember you are no monster" she said before leaning against his hand with her cheek her eyes closing. She was growing tired as the emotions she was feeling was strong and drained a lot from her.

Dimitri nodded at her words as she said that as long as he wielded his blade for others and not for the dark reasons he had before that he would ever stray from the right path. When she said that he was no monster he closed his eyes with happiness, he had hoped to hear those words from someone he really had, but to hear it from his goddess was far more important he thought happily still. When he opened his eyes he was back to normal, he sat up away from her grasp though he left his hand on her cheek, the skin that rubbed against his thumb was smooth, warm, and so soft. She was tired he could see that so he smiled now and stood up, "now it is time for you to get some more rest Lunar or else you will never gain your strength back", he said as he leaned down and gently picked her up into his arms "I will make some breakfast for you so just rest". His tone was soft and gentle as he set her on the small bed now, as soon as he was sure that she was comfortable he turned towards the pantry to get something, he had some smoked meat in there but that would not taste so good he knew as it was for long journeys. So he grabbed a bowl of uncooked rice and then filled the pot with water once again, he had to of course start another fire as the other burned out as they slept, when the water was set he went back to the pantry and grabbed a few spices to make the rice taste better.

As he pulled back she grew worried that she herself had said something wrong. Only as she saw his smile she gave a sigh of relief that he was feeling better. With him picking her up she was a little shocked at just how strong his arms around her made her feel just so much safer. Even as a goddess she had never felt safe. It was the reason why every month she would leave the sky to hide as she would think of the things she saw and came back strong. Just this time as he laid her down she felt an emptiness take the place of the safety his arms had given her. "thank you" she said to him as she was soon out.

Demir appeared as he was starting to cook, always waiting for Lunar to be asleep before she made an appearance. Only this time there were people behind her carrying goods and meats as well. "I bring you things to eat. As well as better blankets. It is the least I can do for the one tending to a sicken goddess" Demir said as she had arrived just in time. After she is better you may keep it all. For now the other gods can only sense where she is and how powerful she is. With the sense that she is weak they do not see her as a threat yet given a few days and her strength returns you will need to be at your strongest as well. For only at night will her powers come" Demir warned as she didn't want either one to be caught off guard.

Dimitri was no longer a swordsman but he had kept his reflexes through meditation and a keen sixth sense, when Demir spoke behind him he flipped around almost instantly again this time holding a simple peeling knife as it was the only thing he had to use. He relaxed right as he saw who it was and bowed his head slightly as an apology to her, she was his goddess's trusted friend and now twice he had turned around as if to try and harm her. He could not control his instincts though it was a troublesome thing in his day to day life with others, those who would approach from behind to get his attention would find he turned around and let out a murderous aura without realizing it. He may not be a monster as Lunar had said but he was not some innocent person, the want to kill might not be there anymore but the ability was still ingrained inside his being, if he was lax for even a moment he could lose himself to the monster that was hidden away deep in his consciousness.

He listened intently to her words and nodded as she explained that she had brought better items for the tending of Lunar, he was not one to turn it down as he knew he had little to offer a wounded goddess. As she spoke of the gods his eyes hardened at the thought of them even knowing where Lunar was, he would not have them take her from him. His life, his mind, his very soul was Lunar's and to save her he would give it all, the gods might choose to kill or torture him but as long as she was safe he could endure it. When Demir said that he would need to be at his strongest as well he nodded slowly, he knew exactly what she meant even though he hated to do it tonight the room that had not been entered for three years would be entered. His armor, his sword, and his shield would all need to be taken care of before he used them again, "I understand, I will protect her with every part of my being until she is safe from any and all threats or fall in the process". His tone was firm and faithful, he was a true follower, one that would go to the depths of the underworld and back just to make his goddess happy.

Demir gave a soft smile when he tried to harm her. She wasn't fearful in the least bit she was actually happy with his skills as she moved to see how he was unease within himself. Her hand went to her necklace as it was a crescent moon necklace. She thought for a second before taking it off. Looking down to him she actually kneel to his level. "Our mother gave this to me once before Lunar was even born. She told me that one day a man with a fear of himself would need this. I was told to give it to him when I found him" she said as she moved and placed the necklace on him. Instantly he would feel a calming power fill his being. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Lunar is an amazing goddess and one day you'll be an amazing God" she said before disappearing just like that. Demir hadn't told the entire truth as Lunar and demir's mother had been a seer. She had seen the gods place a beast within mortals and saw that one actually had the strength to control to beast only his fear of that beast kept him from truly love her Daughter Lunar as a woman and not a goddess only. Demir had been told the vision and given the necklace as it would rid the mortal of his demon beast that the God Aries had placed in him at birth.

AAAAAjnpLMwAAAAAAWbtXA.jpg

Dimitri did not move as Demir came down to his level though it was difficult for him, he felt he should pay respect to the goddess even if she was not the one he followed she was still a goddess and the sister of his goddess apparently. But before he could act on this thought she told him that their mother had given her the necklace she had taken off and said there would be a man like him who needed the necklace and that she was told to give it to that man. When he felt it come around his neck he felt lifted and comfortable, it was as if he had achieved peace within himself, it was the same feeling he had gotten when Lunar told him that he was not a monster but this feeling stayed with him. When she said Lunar was an amazing goddess he nodded enthusiastically but when she said that one day he would be an amazing god he looked stunned, she just disappeared without another word leaving him wondering if she had been serious. He had never even thought about being a god he simple wished to help Lunar regain her strength to become the amazing goddess she had once been, becoming a god was something that weighed on his mind for he was not sure he wanted to be one. While he contemplated becoming a god he went back to cooking the food with the supplies that Demir had just given them he was able to make the rice stew turn into rice and beef stew with plenty of vegetables for her to eat. He let the soup simmer as he looked at the door that he would soon open, even with the necklace suppressing the monster within he felt uneasy about opening that door as when he did all the terrible memories would return to haunt him with guilt.

As Lunar rested she woke up as she felt a calling to her power of healing and forgiveness she woke moving from the bed slowly as she followed it to come next to him. "Want to go in together?" she asked as she knew that he needed support. While she couldn't do what he was willing to do and skilled to do. She was equally willing to support his mind and heart as he went through this just has he had done when locking the door away. "Its just another step on the right path you must remember that and stay strong. Your not looking back to what has been done but what you will do next. If you keep your will strong to protect then those demons of the past can't touch you" she said as she leaned against him her head on his shoulder. In truth while she was a goddess she was very much a woman. Feeling the need to support him much like a wife at that moment she was giving him everything she had to offer.

Dimitri had been so focused on the door to the room that he did not even notice Lunar awake, it was of the very few times that someone could come behind him with feeling his murderous intent. As she asked if he wanted to go in together he was not sure what to say she continued, she told him that it was just another step onto the right path for him, he was not to look back on the things he had done but the things that he would do. She said that if he kept his will strong that the demons of his past could not touch him, and he truly believed her and smiled softly as she laid her head against his shoulder, she had always been there for him he realized even when she was a goddess he remembered times where praying to her was enough to comfort him. His hand reached down to hers and he gently laced his fingers through hers, his hand squeezed hers softly "as long as you are by my side to support me I can face anything even if all the demons of my past come at me". His voice barely above a whisper as he stepped forward and opened the door, there in the back of the room it stood by itself almost as if a living being, the Armor waited for him still holding the weapons by it's sides for him.

Lunar looked up to him as she felt his fingers intertwin with her she gave a soft smile as she moved with him to the door as she looked to the armor she gave a smile. Though she knew she was weak she couldn't let him return to the same armor, not from doubt in him but for the wish to give him a truly new start. She moved in front of the armor as she gave a soft smile her hand touching it and it was as if the black of the armor was just melting off starting from her hand. She moved her other hand to touch the armor again the black melted off. Soon the black was replaced with a pure silver and gold armor that shined like the stars as she stopped even the weapons were different. "that . . . was how I saw you" she said as her legs gave out. She was panting her head light as she had giving all the energy she had to it. "I couldn't . . . let it stay like that" she said but she wasn't just talking about the armor, she was talking about how she had seen his life and his coming death. She could let it keep going down that path.

Dimitri just stared at the armor with a confused look on his face as he finally saw it, on one hand he wanted to wear the armor again to remember the powerful feeling it gave when he wore it. He felt his head starting to blank out and fall into his memories, what was but a few seconds in reality was almost a lifetime to Dimitri right then, he remembered the faces of every single person he had killed, the terror in their eyes or the hopelessness that came when he slaughtered the guards of a village. His breathing became ragged and his body felt tense, this was the part of him that had wanted to destroy the armor, he had originally planned on melting the armor but when he had gotten the fire hot enough he could not let go of the armor as it was a part of him. As he broke from his thoughts he could see Lunar in front of his armor touching the chest plate, with a bit of her power he could see the blackness of his armor peeling away almost to be replaced by silver and gold. It was the armor of a noble warrior he thought calmly, the weapons everything was something that he would never have been able to afford on his own, it was a gift from the goddess he knew this and he had to use it for the right reasons. When she said that is how she saw him he smiled and as her legs gave out his arms encircled her waist from behind gently holding her against him now. "I understand" he whispered and continued to just hold her in his arms in front of the new armor, if it had been but three years ago Dimitri would have scoffed at this armor and donned his black armor, he had been the signal of death in that armor back then it was his calling card. But now he had a chance to become something more, he could become the protector of his goddess the one who placed faith in him where all other gods had given up, he would make her proud to have a follower like him.

Feeling his arms go around her waist as he pulled her back against his chest she blushed and looked back to him. "I just want you to know" she said as she closed her eyes as her head tilted to lean back against his shoulder. Her delicate neck showing more as her silk black hair fan out around them. "I'm glad I got to meet you face to face" she said to him as she never had the courage to appear in front of him. Even though she was a goddess her mother had always told her that emotions were not just for mortals. Now finally feeling them at full power she knew her mother had been right. "Even then I was embarrassed to appear in front of you" she said with a small giggle. "I'm really glad your as kind as you are" she said as she opened her eyes turning to look towards his icy blue as her own deep nightsky blue eyes looked into his. She was slowly starting to realize she loved him.

Dimitri was smiling at her as she began to speak, saying that she was glad to meet him face to face like this, he had to say the same for even if he never got to see her again after this month he would be happy to know that he had met his goddess. When she said that she was embarrassed to appear in front of him even as a goddess he grinned a bit as she giggled, it was a soft sound and one he would love to hear more of he realized. Now she said she was glad he was as kind as he is, their eyes not breaking from each other as he answered her "I am only this way because you saved me Lunar" he had been speaking softly but her name came out in a whisper as he to was realizing he was more then a follower to her. These feelings were new to him, he had women before but he had ever felt the way he was feeling right now it was like he was constantly empowered by some unknown force, he had the urge to just hold her close to him forever to be with her was more then enough for him.

As the emotion between them grew stronger the gods felt it. Fearing that the curse would be broken they called up Dimitri's once brothers. As they were sent after the goddess he loved. They firgured the male wouldn't be able to pick his Goddess or the men he grew up with as brothers.

Lunar gave a smile as she just couldn't help but love him her eyes lighten for a moment as she suddenly realized she really did. She turned in his arms with a soft smile her hand went to his cheek as she stroked him lightly before leaning in. "I thank the Fates for letting me even know of you" she said to him as she emplied she was even more grateful to met and save him.

Dimitri smiled at her as she smiled at him as well, that radiant smile of hers was even better then the calming necklace that Demir had given him to suppress the monster within. With Lunar there was nothing but her in his mind and heart he loved her he realized, he loved her as more then just the goddess who had set him in the time of need, he loved her as a man loved a woman be they mortal or immortal. When she turned in his grasp and her hand went to his cheek while she leaned in he could feel his heart pounding, she said she thanked the fates for letting her even know of him. He could not stop the reaction any more, he leaned in as well and kissed her softly upon the lips, it was the gentlest kiss he could give as he simply pressed his lips against hers, she could pull away easily if she wished but he hoped she would return the feelings he had for her.

The moment she felt his lips on her it was like the world faded to the background. She had never felt a more amazing feeling as her hands moved from his chest to circle around his neck as she leaned into the kiss her eyes closing as she revealed in her kiss just how much she had actually felt everything he did for her as she felt the same for him. To her this was amazing her mind just slipping away as the emotion of the moment was great. Only a sudden chain sickle came crashing through the door at the both of them.

(Can you take the attack from here I suck at fight scenes)

To Dimitri everything was perfect, he had her answer to the question he had given when he kissed her softly she felt the same way about him, she loved him as he loved her. In that moment Dimitri wished time would stop for the two of them so he could enjoy this moment, but it seemed that fate had other plans for the two of them as a chain sickle came crashing through the window now, he spun quickly shielding her from the glass as he pushed them both down to the ground. As quickly as it entered it had left leaving the window shattered and letting a cool breeze enter the room, he then heard a voice he would never forget "come on out brother we know you are in there". It was the voice of the Draco, or better known as the crimson mantis for the way his sickle resembled a mantis claw, Dimitri knew that if he was here then the other two were as well. The other two were called Ares like the god of war and Kristos, they were better known as the crimson claw and the crimson bull. Dimitri looked at Lunar and then lifted her to her feet, "go back into the main room do not stand next to the windows I will take care of this". He then left her even though it almost physically hurt to do so he had to, these men were not ones to be persuaded by words he would have to kill his brothers to end this. He grabbed both his swords and due to the murderous intent that was seeping from his body the effects of Lunar's powers were chipping away revealing the black blades once more.

OOC: Sure ^^ hope you don't mind the little darkening of the weapons in contrast with his mind.

(No I don't mind)

As she heard the window crash and felt him throwing them both on the floor she gave a whimper from the impacted but overall she was fine. As she heard the voice of a male outside she wasn't sure what to think. Her eyes going to his out of fear but not for her for him. She knew they were there to kill her but he wouldn't allow that. If they wanted her dead she was going to have to watch him die first. "Please don't . . . Can't we run" she asked only as she stood them up and pushed her she only heard crashes in two different parts of the house one right next to the back door. Escaping wasn't possible anymore as she looked to him. "Please please don't die" she said to him as tears came up unable to stop them.

Dimitri knew there was no running, if they left this area they would be targets for the gods and those beings he could not fight against, at least these men were flesh and blood he could kill them at the very least even if it meant he went with them. Together the four of them had been known as the crimson warlords, soldiers feared them mercenaries wanted to be them and the nobles wanted them as their own soldiers to make themselves powerful. He knew the weaknesses of his blood brothers, crimson bull was good with a spear but only at long range close range he was slow due to his size, crimson claw had six inch claws that came out of his gauntlets to tears flesh to ribbons he was very effective at close range but weak with mid range weapons like a sword or axe. Last but not least was crimson mantis who was good at all ranges and considered to be Dimitri's rival, the two of them did not click in personality even when he was a bloodthirsty monster years ago, but they had never fought because it would be a difficult fight for both of them or they would have killed each other. The blades in his hands began to darken more so until every inch of them was covered in blackness, he knew that to kill these men there could be no hesitation no regrets, he had to strike with everything he had right away. The first to go would have to be crimson bull, with a sudden rush to the back the Dimitri's opponent reacted with the same inhuman speed that Dimitri had displayed a couple times, the spear came up and sliced right into Dimitri's cheek. The wound bled freely right away but it was nothing compared to the blows that he delivered with both his swords, with snake like speed and agility his strokes bent around the spear as he closed in and struck one at the neck slicing it open at the left side while the other ripped through the armpit of his armor. Both blows were fatal and even if they were not the crimson bull was no longer a threat to them now, he rushed back to Lunar as the others walked casually towards her, they had no need to rush for they knew Dimitri would never run from them. "Ah it is such a shame our brother the crimson wolf has turned on the crimson bull and eaten him" Mantis said in a joking tone as Ares laughed with him, "you are still the same monster you were three years ago wolf now give us the wounded goddess". Dimitri could only think they were right about him still being a monster, as he had easily killed his old brother without a single feeling in his mind or body but he shook his head at the order "as a wolf I will defend what is mine until I die" he growled out in a cold tone.

As she looked on she couldn't believe what they were doing. Seeing his weapons turning black she felt like crying all over again. She didn't want aries to take him from her. Just the thought of him returning to what he had been brought such pain to her as she choked back a sob as she tried her best to stay strong. Only being in a human body brought out everything that she could usually suppress easily. As she watched him kill one she fell to her knees her eyes going wide as she heard what they said to him. It hit her so hard for a while there she didn't react only after she heard what he said she shook her head. "HIS NOT A MONSTER!!' she screamed out as she stood only for the sickle came right at her cutting her deep in the arm as she cried out her legs to give out as she gripped her arm. "Stay out of this, just wait for your turn. We made a promise to make sure your death was a nice and slow one" Mantis said with a sick grin on his face as she just held onto her arm.

The feeling of her own blood leaking through her fingers had her cringe as she felt like an idiot. In this body she really didn't have the power, as she looked up it was still mid-day as she cursed the fact her power was strongest at night. If only they had come at a different time she would be able to help him.

Dimitri heard not words at that moment, the only thing that filled his mind was the sound of Lunar crying out as the sickle tore into her arm, when he looked back there was a haunted look in his eyes as he took in the blood. Everything just went red a dark red or to be more exact crimson, his muscles tensed and his body shook with a rage the likes of which had never shown in him, this was more then murderous intent seeping from his body. This was pure unfiltered rage directed towards his former brothers in arms, his mouth opened as he turned away so that Lunar would not see the face that warped from his hatred, it was not that of a man any longer it was like a beast was staring them in the face. A beast that was out for blood one that would have theirs to satisfy him, as his mouth opened a scream did not come from it nor did a yell this could only be described as a bloodcurdling roar, it shook the very air around him now as he breathed in deeply to gain strength for his next attack. Without a sound or warning he attacked ferociously at the crimson claw, his attacks held no regard for his own life there was no defending himself as his opponent's claws tore into his shoulders, but he had gotten close enough to slam the hilt of his sword into the claw's temple. It caved in instantly and he fell to the ground, but even though his opponent was on the ground unable to fight back Dimitri swung down with the other sword and cut right through the man's windpipe to kill him, it was a gruesome death with a lot of blood being coughed up. Blood flowed from the wounds on both his shoulders but he ignored them as he looked back to the last of his brothers in arms, this battle would be the last one and it would not be easy he would have to use every skill he had to take him down. He was keeping an eye on Lunar as even in this state of pure hatred if his brother made a move towards her he could defend her, he might be the very thing his old brothers had call him as well he could feel the darkness coursing through him even with the help of the necklace it was growing stronger.

Back
Top Bottom