Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Character creation for persistant worlds.

B

Broomhandle45

Yet again, I have another idea. In order to stop people from getting overwhelmed, I made two. These are both for open discussion, should everybody be okay, we will continue onward.

This thread will detail character creation, and some requirements and explanations of certain factors. If you haven't took a look at the World building thread, you will find it to be somewhat important to the discussion, ideally for two factors, tech level and PN level.

Now, before I get into this, I want to say something. You do not need to make a world for your character just to participate. I didn't know if people assumed that or not, but better to get that out now instead of being confused later. There is no need to make a world just so you can make a character.

Now then, this is notable for character creation. Your character will of course come with weapons, items..trinkets, abilities that he/she has gotten during the character's own adventures.

I encourage these things happily, personally. But this is where the PN and the Tech Level come in.

Should your character have even a well made iron sword, or a special technique of ki or whatnot, it will have a PN rating. And this is very important:
These will be affected by the worlds you visit.

For example, a well crafted iron sword would be a T3, and at that level, there is little reason why you CAN'T use it, but do keep in mind one thing..if it breaks, dulls..there's no guarantee you can fix it in your current world of T2, or even the knowhow to reforge it.

Now, for things past T3, or even T3 if it's a firearm. The way the reality works is that it only understands items that that world has the POTENTIAL of being able to make, go to a world of T4 that still uses more advanced melee weapons and you have an assault rifle, you will be able to use it, however..you will likely be unable to get more ammo in the manner it is needed.

Now, this is relevant to techniques, also. It will be very, very difficult for techniques and spells to operate outside of their numbering. Weapons can be a little more leewayed depending on the melee weapon in question and it doesn't have any mechanical components that are overly complicated.

Now..with that out of the way, here's the basic template I was figuring, you would have to of course, put the PN number and Tech number on your equipment and techniques.

Name-
Physical Age- (due to reduced aging of the hub world, it seems like a better way to estimate)
Equipment-
Techniques/Spells-

Character information (History, personality, ectera)-

On the subject of being in a specific world: say, for example, the character knows a fighting style that involves the ability to create energy from raw willpower. When they travel to a world that is a different Tech and PN level, will the fighting style be affected beyond the loss of the energy attacks? As in, they lose strength or skill with the martial art?

No, if the character can do it physically without any outside interference (IE, martial arts, gunplay and so forth) then they are capable of doing it. The only thing the tech and PN level enforce is the items and abilities that the character has.

Back
Top Bottom