Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unread PM banner won't go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this here because I didn't see any better place for it.

If I have no unread PMs, the banner will indicate that I have one. If I have one unread message, it will say I have two, and so on. I've looked through my PM list and there are no unread ones but I'm looking at the banner right now.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Lol, you thought this subforum was a better place for this thread than, 'Questions & Suggestions' where it suggests voicing concerns?

Anyway, I've had this quite a lot. Sometimes logging out and then back in helped and eventually it just went. You're just gonna have to wait it out duuuuude

Moved the thread, you should have better luck here. ^^

And I wish I could help more, but I have not heard about this problem before. The best I can offer is EA's suggestion to log on and off, to see if it helps it go away. How long have you had this problem?

Hrmm... not sure. Are you sure it's the 'unread' indicator and not the 'total'? Also, if it's claiming you have unread messages, does the little pop up show up in the upper right hand corner of your screen?

darkangel76 said:
Hrmm... not sure. Are you sure it's the 'unread' indicator and not the 'total'? Also, if it's claiming you have unread messages, does the little pop up show up in the upper right hand corner of your screen?

It is the little pop-up in the upper right hand corner of my screen. Sorry I didn't describe it very well. Currently the message up where it says View New Posts | View Today's Posts reads: "Private Messages (Unread 1, Total 230)", which is also incorrect. In both places it always reports one more unread message than there actually is. This has been going on for a couple of months, so logging off and back on doesn't help because I've done that multiple times.

It's not hurting anything. It's just annoying, so I thought I'd throw it out there and see if there's anything that can be done.

Thanks.

Alright, let's try this, just in case. Go to your PM box, and at the top of the screen righthand side there should be an option labelled 'advanced search'. Click that and it will bring you to a screen with options for finding certain emails. Leave everything blank except the search for the below:
New
Replied to
Forwarded
Read

Click only the new option, and see what it brings up. 230 PMs is a lot of room to have just one that you missed after all. ^^ It's worth a shot.

Kikora said:
Alright, let's try this, just in case. Go to your PM box, and at the top of the screen righthand side there should be an option labelled 'advanced search'. Click that and it will bring you to a screen with options for finding certain emails. Leave everything blank except the search for the below:
New
Replied to
Forwarded
Read

Click only the new option, and see what it brings up. 230 PMs is a lot of room to have just one that you missed after all. ^^ It's worth a shot.
I unchecked all the boxes except "New" and it gave me this:
"Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom