Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How Old Is Everyone On BlueMoon?

MasterOfWhispers said:
25 physically, mentally, I have a tendency to lapse into being 18 or 17... At random times though it feels like I'm really old. And I've seen it all. Do tend to talk about how great the nineties were. Don't know if that makes any sense.

I know that feeling, I still talk about my Super Nintendo games and all the cartoons I used to watch on Saturday mornings. My ten year old neighbor loves to make cracks like

"You're so old you still use cartridges and VHS tapes!"

Yeah...I remember when the game or tape would stop working and I'd have to take it out and blow in it and smack it a little to make it work again.

Good times.

PatricioINTP said:
Half of eight squared

lol, i read that as (half of 8)^2. I was like, dude, don't say you're 16. Then i realized that not mathy people would write it as half of 8^2

I hate to admit it, but I seem to be the oldest so far. I will be 55 in August of this year. Sooooooooo

"You kids get outta my yard!" :)

Haven't posted much here, but I am loving my time at Blue Moon.

LOL. Thanks Caspian. How do you think I feel when these 20 somethings are talking about feeling old. ;-).

And Enos, I can remember getting an IBM XT at work with one of the first hard disks. It had a 10 mb (that is NOT a typo) hard disk and I remember us thinkiing "How will we ever fill this thing?"

I'm 20 and can't wait to be 21 and do legal stuff -- openly.
And Enos, I can remember getting an IBM XT at work with one of the first hard disks. It had a 10 mb (that is NOT a typo) hard disk and I remember us thinkiing "How will we ever fill this thing?"

I don't know what an IBM XT is but the 10mb thing reminds me of when my sister tells me that her first computer used DOS to operate - the time before Windows :D

Waverly said:
LOL. Thanks Caspian. How do you think I feel when these 20 somethings are talking about feeling old. ;-).

Time passes quickly doesn't it? Although I definitely don't feel old now, XD.

Missy,

The IBM XT was Bill Gates second in the PC line. It was DOS as well, no windows and had a floppy disc drive and the first hard disk drive. At the time it cost about $7000 dollars. This was the mid 1980s I think.

Enos, I don't feel old either, but my body is starting to tell me differently. :)

I've been 25 for the past 10 years..... I sooo kid. I'm good with my age. And quite honestly, my 30s has been my best decade yet. The first ten years and into the teens were more or less childhood and transition. My 20s was filled with trial and errors.... soooo many errors, lol. And just a lot of troublesome heartache. But, my 30s? It's as if a lightbulb went off and I started moving forward, for the most part. Life got good and I've been able to notice the red flags and thus actually keep them at a minimum. However, I suppose it was the trial and error period of my 20s that gave me the knowledge and experience to notice and be wary of such things now that I'm in my 30s. But basically, I see it like this.... each subsequent decade of life must get better. You're that much wiser and thus able to make better decisions all around. Of course, I get that there are exceptions to everything... but, more or less, that's been my own personal experience. :)

@ Darkangel

Thus far my teen years have been my worst. But sometime after my nineteenth birthday things started smoothing out and it's been getting easier every year. I've got a steady job, I'm in college and I don't really care about relationships anymore so I don't get any drama or heartache. My old friends are still trying to hang on to the high school years but I find I've drifted away from them, I always thought growing up and growing apart from things I used to like would devastate me but it hasn't.

I think a lot of people make that mistake. Seems like lots of folks think you move past what you currently like to... nothing. But no, it's not that you give things up as much as you transition to other things, like you always have. Do you still like the same things at 19 that you did at 14? No, and for good reason. Same thing here.

MM, I can freely say that I still like things that I liked when I was 5 or 6, and I'm going to be 20 soon. Rest assured, we just move on to more mature things rather than abandoning the old and immature things.

Letting out your immaturity is fun, I realized that after highschool, so playing games that I played when I was younger, watching cartoons that I watched back then, I still find that I like doing that.

You know what, I'm not terribly surprised to learn that a lot of you are a little older, since this community seems a little more mature than others I've been on. Not to mean that you guys are boring, but I have far fewer rage moments here than other places.

I'm 19 but coming up to 20 in August. It's pretty scary feeling though as I already don't feel my age so turning 20 won't help matters. Curse my Peter Pan mind set!

21, and felling great... yet i wonder sometimes why i feel like i'm almost a thousand.... Hmmmmm must be something that clicks, but yeah, i got a little captain in me, Do you want to have a little captain in you?

Back
Top Bottom