Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

rp forums: the theater of the internet

Broken Doll

Meteorite
Besides me,does anyone else consider roleplay forums to be a type of theater of the internet?

In real life,I hope to join or start an adult theater company. Roleplaying here would surely be great practice for a RL adult acting company.

Yeah I do consider it to be a part of the Theatre. What I'm not sure I understand though is how role playing here is going to impact on your role playing in real life. Here, there is no physical aspect to the role play, this is more an exercise for your imagination and your skill as a writer. The stage is a completely different medium and the role play is transformed. On the stage you don't need to worry about describing anything because the audience sees the colour of your hair, the costume you are wearing and the character that you are portraying. The only thing that matters on stage is how you present your character. If you were thinking of taking a character you're fond of rping online as and performing as them in real life, it could have some benefit as you would understand your character a lot more. I just think you need to realise that just because Roleplaying is as much an aspect of theatre as say performance art, street theatre, installations etc, it does not mean that the two can come together in a direct practical sense.

That said, please don't think I'm saying this is the wrong place for you. BMR is for everyone (of age)!

(This is just the opinion of a 3rd year Theatre student ^_^)

Back
Top Bottom