Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Crown Game (CutePhoenix/buttefly0408)

Working on the basket became hard work after she heard her name clearly spoken. Followed by laughter? What was being said of her? Was he laughing at her? With a total stranger. Her cheeks grew red a moment with a hint of rage at the thought of that. How dare he laugh at her when she had just had such flattering yet embarrassing dreams about him! Eventually she became far to distracted with her thoughts that her finger could not focus on finishing the basket. Sighing, she put it aside and rose up. She had to get a closer look and listen. The river was a perfect reason to pass by and get a glimpse. She could always say she was on the way to get some water and so she picked up a vase and headed off in the direction of Briag's voice and the unknown one.

"So, you mean to tell me you went hunting for a wolf, and came back with a random attractive girl? I'm not sure if I'd call that luck, or you made a deal with whatever crazy devil spirit your tribe believes in." said the young man who the other voice belonged to. That of an exceptionally handsome man. Just looking at him, one would feel a special air about him. Almost like an aura about him that commanded respect..........like a king. Though, royalty he may be, he was no frilly fancy man. He had a rugged handsomeness to him equal to Briag himself.

Keeping her distance as she passed by, she really could not hear exactly what was being said but she did see who was their doing the talking. She gasped slightly at the sight of the man with Briag. He was surely a handsome man, that could not be denied. It was in a far different way then her barbarian however. She didn't realize it, but she was staring as she walked by, even from the distance away.

((Ack, must apologize for another extended absence. Though, that should hopefully stop soon, as I just recently got Satellite TV, and will have all the movie channels free for a few months, giving me a chance to actually watch Game of Thrones and likely, get more ideas for the RP.))

If either man were actually paying any sort of attention, they may have noticed her obvious staring as she walked by the tent since the light wind caused a little flapping with the tent walls, giving them more than enough space to see her. Though, both were still concentrating solely on their drinks and trying to outdo one another with stories about their own acts of heroism and such.........which they had both heard hundreds of times already. For the time at least, the topic remained on the newest member of the tribe. Though, it had yet to reach the level where she would find it.........particularly embarassing.

((It's okay. I know you always come back))

Watching them and not where she was going proved to be a poor idea on her part as she promptly collided with a bench, tripping over it and quite landing flat on her face in the dirt, her clay pot hitting the ground beside. Thankfully, the pot's collision with the earth only took a chip out of the top rim. It would not damage the effectiveness of the pot in anyway but it made a rather embarrassing sight for being in the position of half on the ground half leaning over the bench and somehow pretty much all upside down with a chipped pot in her hand.

That, and it also alerted the two men to something going on outside, which they promptly got up and went to investigate.

"So.......I take it this is that special girl you've been doting on?" the handsome stranger asked Briag as they stood at the tent entrance looking at her. Briag just smiled and chuckled a bit, while the nameless guy shook his head with his own little laugh, before going over to her and kneeling next to her.

"You alright?" he asked as he gently took hold of her and helped her to her feet, his ruggedly handsome face graced with an equally attractive smile as he stood before her, hand still on her arm just in case she had hurt herself and would need help standing.

She felt rather embarrassed as she twisted and squirmed her way to her feet, needing to rely upon his help more then she would have liked. The moment though that she was on her feet, she stepped back from him. Being close to him made the fire within her burn a little to hot and she felt like she would only get burnt. "I'm fine. A little clumsy today, that's all." She looked down at the pot in her hands still, "This suffered far more then I."

"Well, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Me and your host have done far worse to those things than just a simple little chip." he replied, laughing a little.

"Name's Krade. I'm an old friend of our gracious host." he then added, smiling as he politely held his hand out for a handshake.

((Just so I'm clear........that little bit about the fire was more or less arousal? Asking cause I'm not always the best at realizing the obvious.))

((Yes it was her growing attraction for him thought looking back I got really confused. I thought you meant to have Briag talking to her but I see not it was Krade. That's where the confusion is. I didn't get the message that it was Krade talking to her. Opps. I should edit that. The attraction is toward Briag, not Krade. Yet at least.))

Aleda glanced down at this hand then up at his face, for a moment she looked to Briag. He had not asked her how she was going to shoe her any kind of concern. A total stranger showed her more concern. For a moment it made her feel rather empty inside before she shoved that feeling aside and took Krade's hand, shaking it and turning all her attention to him. "Aleda..."

((That's fine actually. We did plan for her to have the hots for Krade. She'll have feelings for Briag, but Krade's so nice and hot, that she can't help but have some naughty thoughts about him. Basically her attraction with Briag is both physical and emotional, while with Krade.....she just gets tingles in her naughty bits when he's around.^_^))

People that knew Briag really wouldn't have been surprised that he just stood there, doing and saying nothing. Sure, he was a nice guy and all......but little pleasantries like this were not his strong suit.

"Aleda........Interesting and pretty name. Briag told me he found you running through some forest, but where are you from originally? That is, if you don't mind me asking. Don't want to pry if it's a sensitive issue." Krade replied, obvoiusly the more socially adept of the two long time friends.

More social was not even the start of it. In less than 30 seconds he had asked her more about herself then Briag had in the entire time they had known one another. Krade's openness had Aleda smile almost sweetly at him. "I come from a village that no longer exists I'm afraid. Attacked by a tribe of wildmen while I was away from it. No survivors I'm afraid."

((Didn't we also plan for her to have a sex dream about Krade? If so, when do you think would be a good time to do it? Really fit in at about any time. Hell, she could even have it that night, since he's being so nice and social to her, and she's reacting really well to it. Wouldn't be out of the ordinary to find that her reoccuring sex dream about Briag is suddenly replaced by one with Krade.))

"Ah, an occurence that I hear is becoming all to common in the surrounding areas. I hear he ran into you while you were being chased by a wolf. Impressive that you managed to stay ahead of it long enough to not be eaten. Though, I hope you weren't hurt too badly during the chase. Be too cruel a fate for a lovely young maiden like yourself to have her life cut short by a simple wild animal." Krade replied, seemingly enjoying the change of pace from hearty drinking and story swapping, to simple yet enjoyable casual conversation.

((I don't recall the dream of Krade. I only recall him and her almost getting to that point before she runs from him and the village all together))

And now in less then a minute, she had exchanged more conversation of a casual nature with Krade then she had ever with Briag. It suddenly hit her. Why did she even find herself attracted to Briag? This was the man she should be attracted to. The kind of man she could find herself attracted to as she continued to smile at him sweetly. "Only minor bruises, but physical bruises heal." Emotional ones, not so much.

((I remember something like that. Guess things just got a tad fuzzled in my head. I'm game for either route.))

"True, true. It's the bruises you can't see that can stick with ya for the rest of your life." Krade replied, almost as if he was reading her mind. Though, it was really just from common experience. They both obviously had tragedies in their lives and were dealing with them as best as either could. It would seem they both had seem to have forgotten Briag was around. Though, he wasn't exactly "around" anymore, having gone back into the tend to continue drinking and feasting by himself, whilst Krade and Aleda chatted it up. Being socially inept as he was, it was really no surprise that he seemed to not care about how the two were getting along. Sure, there was definitely a little something both ways between Briag and Aleda, but he was by no means the type of man to just come out and make a romantic declaration or some such.

Adela glanced a moment to where Briag had been the last time she looked and only saw the sight of his back moving back into his tent across the way. Her face slipped into a more neutral or even sad expression as she realized he had walked away without showing her a hint of concern or even speaking with her. Some guy he was. "I had best be on my way. Back to work again." Her eyes still linger on the direction that Briag had gone off to.

"Mind if I tag along? A little too early in the day for me to get falling down drunk, unlike some people." Krade replied, obviously referring to Briag with his comment about who actually would be getting drunk this early in the morning.

"I promise to help. At the very least, I can keep you from tripping again." he added, teasing her a bit.

((And with that, I'm heading out for the night. Though, I still have yet to actually watch any of Game of Thrones. They just keep rerunning the last few episodes of the season, and I'd really prefer to watch it from the beginning. But, did still get a random burst of inspiration, explaining why I'm posting so frequently all of a sudden.^_^ Anywho, good night.))

Adela's first reaction was to tell him no. To tell him that she could handle it herself. But she stopped herself as a sudden through came to mind. A smile made her lips curl once more as she handed the vase to him, "Alright. But if you will burden me with your company sir I get to burden you with the vase." Her tone was playful of course as she turned and started to walk in the direction she was heading all along once again.

Why shouldn't she take the chance to bask in some man's attention? What was she to do? Spend her time waiting for the one she wanted to pay her some attention? She would be old and grey before Briag ever did that. Well, at least without a bit of encouragement. Perhaps showing him that she was a woman that a man could give attention to would encourage him to make a move of his own on her. Jealously was a powerful tool.

((Finally got around to watching Game of Thrones. Sadly, they haven't showed anything from Season 1. Just season 2, and while I don't know entirely what's going on............damn, is that show ever good. First season seems to cover the first book, and I'm reading up on the others now. So, even though I just got to see season two..........got me plenty of new ideas.))

"Heh, I suppose that's an even trade." Krade replied with a chuckle as he took the vase from her, not minding having to carry it. Though, he was just being nice and had absolutely no clue about what was really going on between her and Briag. All Briag had really said about her was their meeting and how tough he thought she was, which coming from Briag, was one of the highest compliments he ever really gave out.

Walking beside him, she takes a moment to glances back over her shoulder towards Briag's tent one last time before it would be out of sight at they moved closer to the river. "So... Krade was it? What brings you to the village? You know Briag obviously, but is it just for a visit?"

"Indeed, that is my name. As for the reason of my being here..........yea, I suppose visit would more or less be accurate. Originally came to the area on other business, but had some downtime, so I decided to visit one of my oldest friends." Krade explained as they walked side by side.

"If you don't mind me asking, how have you liked living amongst these people?" he then asked curiously.

"They are very kind to me here," she said with a smile and with hesitation. "I am truly like a stranger to them but they treat me as warmly as they would one born among them. I loved my home and the people in it, but they were not always so welcoming of myself and my mother, rest her troubled soul. Though sometimes I wonder why. What have I done to earn such a respect from them all. It makes me feel rather unworthy of it at times."

"Well, with these people, it's hard to gain acceptance, but once you do, you're pretty well a life long member of the family. Hell, when I first met them, they tried to kill me. Almost succeeded to. Things settled down when me and Briag fought one on one, hand to hand. Neither of us could beat the other, so I ended up earning his respect and membership, I guess you could say, without even really trying. I was just trying to stay alive." Krade explained.

"If they treat you with such respect, then I can assure you that you've earned it. They only pay respect to those worthy of it, so I'd you're quite worthy really, especially with popular you seem to be amongst a number of them." he went on.

"Popular?" she questioned a moment, wondering who the devil she could be popular with around her. In all honesty she had not let herself become close to many. Especially since she was still uncertain if she was going to remain among them or not. She shook her head and changed the topic however, "What did you do to these people that they would want you dead. You seem like a fine enough fellow."

"Nothing major, at least in my eyes. Was off on a hunting trip and accidentally chased my quarry into their lands. One of their own hunting parties was in the same area, we ran into each other, and they attacked due to immediately assuming I was her to as an assassin......or some other mildly paranoid such." Krade replied, laughing lightly at the old memory.

"An assassin?" she asked seeming genuinely shocked by the idea of one wanting to come after and hurt these people. "Why on earth would an assassin ever come after this tribe? They are such a timid and kind lot. I can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt a single person here."

Back
Top Bottom