Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in the Ages (closed for Utsu)

Tensotu

Moon
ooc:
Joey
6' 0"
150lbs
tanned
black hair, patchy and cut sloppily

ic:
Joey was an inventor, he had slowly been gathering up as much junk as he could to try to find new uses for it. He had a new project he was working on but no idea how to go about doing it. His truck rocked along the gravel roads, the uneven streets cauing everthing in the trunk to hit the sides of it constantly. With a huff he saw the blockages in the road, his next stop would have to be delayed it would seem. He looked around and huffed to himself. "Looks like the only option I have is up there," he said he he noded to himself. The rain however was unrelenting and it was clear why the blockade had been put in place. He turned his truck to head up the road having little choice in where to go and headed up into the hills, looking above the treecover made the area almost night for most of the drive. It was then he saw it, the remains of a town no one would dare tread into, the very town that had burned down nearly a centry ago. "So we meet at last, forbidden city. Don't mind me I'm just passing through." He slowed his truck as he headed up the hill, the various scraps rattling in the trunk.

Another day slowly rolled on. She looked up through her makeshift prison, an old cedar box fitted with 4 large windows running down the side of it. Enough space for her to stand, sit and almost lay down. She’d lost track of time, ironically, sometime before hand.

This day was like the previous unknown amount, she’d wake up with the sun and stare out of a window, one facing the wall of the magician house who summoned her, the wall still resting somewhat sounding in the ground, blocking the view to the town square, a place she’d used to know very well. While the other three gave her a clear view of the countryside, one a straight shot into a large field once used for farming and the other two to the thick tree line that surround the village.

She usually ends up passing her time but idly playing some sort of cantrip, a small bunch of dancing lights, letting them float around, letting the small cracks in her prison’s joints to push them around with wind. Or every so often tiring to force herself out of the now dead magicians hold. Able to see the summoning circle still etched into the wood of the remaining floor, acting like a permanent lock unless one would let her free.

She’d look up at the sky, the darkening color of the clouds ominously looming over the creaky box. Every time it rained, she’d end up getting dripped one, something that got worse and worse as time passed. If only the old man was a carpenter too.

Letting out a sigh, resting her forehead up against the glass. “It just had to rain today…I hate it when its cool out and it rains.” Her eyes looking up longingly at the sky.

Joey pulled up slowly into the town as he saw the only remaining building in town. He was puzzled what caused it to resist the fire, how was it still standing after all the time? He reached for the handle to the door of his truck, it letting out a loud pop as it opened and he stepped out, ashes still on the ground. it seemed as though time had stood still in this city. as he looked around the area for a moment he saw more gravel and crumpled building, little splinters of wood here and there on the ground, except for this one building. He would find out how it managed to survive that was for sure. He closed the door of his truck, it latching with a heavy thud as he slowly made his way to the remains of a building, carefully pulling on the rusted handle and opening the door, though why he had done that, seeing now that the res of the building was gone, except part of the floor and the front wall he walked through. It was then he saw a woman inside a box situated about a caved circle in the floor. I puzzled him why she was inside of it, and how long she could have been there. He looked her over a moment, seeing a lock on the door. He spoke out slowly, not wanting to frighten her. "Hello there miss. How did you end up in that box?" The is was puzzled him, there was no shelter, and she was locked inside of a box, with a very intricate circle surrounding it.

The steady downpour of rain pounded on the top of the box. The flat top of it, warped enough that the rain and snow could pool on top, a dark stain, over the years, slowly making its way to the inside of the box.

Although the rondo of the rain was loud, it wasn’t loud enough to cover the sounds of the large metal door closing. She felt her heart jump a few beats as she quickly stands up, shaking her head a bit and thinking if it was just in her head.

“Wait…those are footsteps…” thinking to her as she quickly looked down at herself. She saw her almost naked normal body, quickly shifting, through a wave of light blue magic washing over her, into a more human look.

Still dressed in the clothes of the time, at least the kind that the mage made her wear. Pulling down the dress a bit, even getting dressed by magic had its catches.

Her eyes opening wide as she saw the door opening up, water logged man walking through. Resting her elbows on the small sill of the glass window, smiling at him playfully.

“Hey there!. Why didn’t you just walk around? Security is much of a problem. “Saying playfully, laughing a bit as she points to the missing wall to her right.

Joey chucked some, realizing it himself. "Well, I see that. What happened here anyway?" He couldn't see much about what she had on or much of her for that matter, but he walked up the box, slowly examining the lock. "I heard no one has been up here for quite a while. How hove you survived up here like this?" He closed the door he walked into, though it more a formality than anything at this point, as he began inspecting the box and surrounding areas. The circle not just a straight line, but more what looked to be arcane markings upon the floor. "Is this some kind of magic?" He brushed away the ashes on the floor, leaving the area as clean as it could be. "And just who would lock a lady in a box.." He huffed some, still trying to figure it all out.

Although she was completely relieved that someone was here, and that she was probably going to be released, she didn’t show it. Smiling at the man, like he was a long lost friend, someone who she’d known all her life, or like it was her birthday and a large gift had arrived.

“What happened here?” Saying as she points down at the ground. “Not much, just kind of chilling out, working on my tan” Saying a bit sarcastically.

“Oh! You meant the village. Well, that is some story, but the short version entails a rickety old mage, a tasty little farm hand” She’d say that last part a little spitefully “and an all wooden village.”

Watching the man walk forward, noticing him noticing the very intricate patterns carved into the floor. Smiling as she stood back up, leaning against the back of the box, her hands behind her back.

“Oh that?” laughing a bit “That little gem is a raving madman’s work, and my bain.” Sighing a bit at him with her eyes

Joey chuckled some as she spoke of a tan, knowing well she couldn't get one inside of a box. The details of the circle puzzled him some however, the wood hadn't burned away when the rest of the town, so there was some magical properties to it. "So this is the reason you're stuck in the box? Some kind of magical seal?" He mused the thought some. "So you need me to get you out? How would I do that?" He pulled on the heavy lock some, but it was securely fastened to the door. "It won't budge." It was now he wished he'd paid more attention to the elder sage of the town he came from, this is a breeze for them. He huffed as he searched the area for a key, but with all the ashes it was impossible. "Stupid lock.. I can't find the blasted key!"

“You figured it out!” Saying as her eyes opened wide smiling, her tone still a little sarcastic, but playful.

“That old magician had a thing for double feedback circles, so before you go and disenchant that, I’d make sure you know what you are doing.” Speaking to him like magic was an ordinary thing.

Laughing as she watches him walk up to the box, resting her head on her hand, elbow on the sill again. “Oh, don’t you be silly! You can’t open that” Seemingly taking her imprisonment much less serious than the strange man.

Joey blinked some, he had heard of enchantments but what did she mean? He didn't have a clue so he simply went for a strong metal bar from the bed of his truck, not bothering to figure out what she meant. Finding a heavy metal pipe he returned to the box, taking a few ferocious swings at the lock, which klanged at each hit, but seemingly took no damage. He muttered to himself, what would he have to do to get that stupid box open. He pondered some, then looked in at her inside of it. "How do we get this thing open?"

*Looking at him stare at the runes, somewhat perplexed. Giggling a bit, seeing him straining somewhat to understand them.
“What, are they to hard for you?” laughing a little playfully, surprised to see him walk off.

*Hearing his footsteps as they got softer, the faint rustlings of metal and other debris ringing out in the quite village. Her eyes opening wide as she sees him return to the defunct house, metal rod in hand. She chooses not to move as she sees him wind up, the pole swinging down onto her prison, the rod vibrating heavily in his hand, as if the glass was made out of an even harder metal.

“Ha-ha! That is cute! You think a hunk of metal could defeat magic? “Standing back up as she looks at the man’s perplexed face.

“Well, it seems like you can’t dispel worth of anything. Luckily, from being here for who knows how long, it gave me plenty of time to study the pattern. Now, that very intricate pattern right in the middle is the keystone, get rid of that and I am free. The thing is, it is protected by 5 other spells, all of variety schools. So, unless you are a mad genius, I would suggest not attempting that. But, something the old man told me a few dys before he kicked it. The magic itself is strong, but what the magic is on, is weak. “

*pointing down to the floor*

“I’d go back to wherever you got that pole and find something that could cut, or dig. The old man had no reason to protect the wood itself, the magic holds it together from the weather, but that is it.”

Joey shrugged. "Thought it was worth a shot. Let me see what I have in my truck." He noted the symbol she had mentioned, listening intently to what she said about it as he dug in his truck for a saw or something to remove it. Scouring all the junk he finally came across a knife in the bed of his truck. It wasn't very sharp, but it should be able to cut through the wood and get rid of the marking in question. He returned with the knife and began to try to whittle away at the wood. "This might take a while, if it works at all."

Back
Top Bottom