Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Girl Of Two Realms (Vergil1989 and NightRose)

Shards~Of~Roses

Supernova
In a realm of magic and elves there were two neighboring kingdoms both ruled by humans yet the two families always fought. There would come periods of peace between the two only as the Four Thunder’s Kingdom gained its second prince to become king did that peace disappear, many say like the disappearance of the princess of Celestial’s. Celestial’s kingdom had fought against war as his wife and queen had been pregnant with child. He wanted peace for his child the true King of the Four Thunder’s kingdom agreed. The years went by with the peace and as the princess Stella grew older she was growing into a most beautiful princess. Only suddenly when she was just ten the King of the Four Thunder’s died along with his family when they were at their vacation castle. The next in line took the thrown and told his kingdom that the celestial kingdom killed the rightful king and his family. It wasn’t truth no, the once prince now king had killed his older brother and family in order to finally take the throne.

Attacks on the Celestial kingdom came quick as the queen grew worried for their only daughter called upon one of the elves mages. A spell was cast sending the princess away until a solution was found to bring peace again. Only the king and queen didn’t understand that it would be the fates that decided what the solution would be and when she would come back.

476269-bigthumbnail.jpg

Her memory wiped clear of the magical realm she found herself wondering the streets of New York. She was taken in and given the name Rose yet there was still one thing on her that proved her to be the princess that all knew. She had a birth mark on the back of her neck that held the seal of the celestial kingdom. It was three crescent moons all pointing outwards. Growing up in the city of New York she found herself having such a hard time. Her body small yet as she grew it seemed she turned into such a fine woman many males always came after her. Only as she was walking down the streets now the age of nineteen her long silk black hair all the way down to her waist even while it was up in a pony tail swayed with her walk.

Suddenly she felt heaviness come over her. It was late the street already dark as she had been heading home from work. She stumbled a little coming to rest between an alley way. Only as she rested there she suddenly felt hands grabbing her. She freaked turning using what strength she had to fight off the attacker as he pulled her deeper into the alley. The fight went on for a little while her clothes and hair being pulled apart and down. Only as she finally got him knocked out she felt faint. Her hand going to her head, slowly lights started to swirl around her frame. Her eyes closing her as her body went limp, the lights swirled faster. Soon she was gone, only to appear in a castle, the castle of the Four Thunder’s kingdom. Guards appeared quickly as Rose struggled to wake as she heard the stomping of feet rushing towards her. As she woke her eyes shocked to see the stone molding of the castle walls. She was in the dungeon of the castle as she turned to try and run she came face to face with a guard. She fought as many as she could off. Only as one went to land a hard hit to her, she was down, before she knew it they were taking her off to the throne room to be seen the King and prince of the Four Thunders. She didn’t know where she was but this couldn’t be good.

((Ok, here we go.))

New York City, Earth.

A shadowy figure just caught sight of her charge disappearing in a flash of blinding light. Still, her eyes had caught a vivid sight of what the man in the alleyway had been planning to do to the Princess. All the young woman's life, the person in the shadows, never seen, or if she had been, it was in passing and without ever really seeing her, charged the man in the alley and slugged him hard enough to render him out cold in one shot. Making sure there were no other people around, the silent guardian followed behind her charge, although she came out elsewhere in the Four Thunders Kingdom, a simple miscalculation that would cost her three days of hard travel to catch up to her charge. The woman's mother was going to kill her if she didn't protect her now that she was back in their home. Great.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four Thunders Kingdom, Throne Room.

"Father, I really must protest this action." The heir prince to the throne, Jason, a piercing blue eyed youth with the traditional gold colored hair that fell just over his shoulders said, the action in question the planned attack that was due to occur tomorrow at dawn on the plains not three days ride from the castle. A group of rebels from what his dad told him were nested there, but somehow the Prince found that hard to believe. Besides, he was wise to assume but not speak aloud what he truly felt on the subject, that if he wasn't so hard on the people of their lands, then the King wouldn't NEED to fear rebels popping up due to high taxes and other injustices, many he had no idea about.

The man on the throne sighed, having heard this song and dance before. In his late thirties, at least in appearance, Leon, the 'crowned ruler' of the Four Thunders Kingdom, shook his own head of golden hair that fell down his back in lustrous waves. Both were wearing full body armor save for their helmets, but that was where the similarities ended. Where the 'King' was firm and hard muscle, the young man beside him was slender as a willow wand, and just as fast to boot. His old man had strength and brute force behind him. "I have heard your protests before, but I cannot safely ignore this growing threat. You will do as I say, boy." Turning to the guards that brought in the woman that had just suddenly appeared out of thin air by reports, the king noticed that his son was dumbstruck by what stood before him. Smiling a little to himself, the King turned to the woman that had been brought before him. "You, who are you and what are you doing here in my kingdom?"

(Nice I like the other character)

Looking up as she was brought into the throne room she was amazed as she looked around the room. The tapestries, carpeting all so amazing even down to the marble walls and steps up to the golden throne that the king was sitting in. Her silk black hair truly made her seem far fetched in her mind though in truth she was use to that with growing up in america she was use to everyone looking different than her. Only now something felt different about this place. "Rose and I have no idea what I"m doing here" she answered truthfully. Looking to the king then the prince she knew this wasn't something she could explain all she knew was that her body had become weak and somehow she just wound up here. Sometime a go things just seemed to always tell her that she wasn't meant for where she was. That something else was waiting for her. "I'm sorry but if you just show me where the nearest taxi would be I can get back to New York" she said to him as she was just trying to get out of her. "I mean I really didn't do anything I'm sorry if I gave you a scare thinking I was breaking in" she said to him with a soft smile.

((Was hoping you'd approve lol.))

The Prince as well as the King were a bit puzzled by what this woman spoke of, but then again it wasn't everyday that they had visitors from other planes of existence though. Even so, her speech and garb suggested as such to the two. The king's face seemed to still remain in a hard visage, but his eyes sparkled, although there was no warmth to be found there. Jason's own however were full of warmth and understanding, even compassion for this woman that seemed out of sorts. Leon spoke up as he stood and stopped before the woman, seeming to look down on Rose before he spoke. "I don't know who you are or where you came from, but you are not in any position to be asking favors when YOU attacked my men. Explain yourself now."

"Now see here father. She's obviously upset and disoriented, if not outright delusional. She couldn't have snuck in, that much is clear. Someone put her in the dungeons, that's the only thing I can think of. What do you remember? You're safe here. Start at the beginning." Jason said, Leon backing down for now as he sat back down on his golden throne. Always the diplomat it would seem, always trying to garner peace. Where did he get his good nature from? 'King' Leon wasn't sure, but understanding, compassion, none of that was what a King was supposed to feel. He had gained his position through murder, and murder he'd do again if he had to if Jason ever found out the truth.

Rose was shocked when she heard what he said she tried to take a step back only the guards held her in place. "Attacked them? What are you talking about they attacked me I defended myself nothing more than that" she said to him only as she heard the prince speak up asking for the beginning she gave a sigh. "I was just walking down Broadway and I just feel really heavy so I leaned against one of the bars to relax only I was attacked when I knocked the guy back the next thing I knew I was knocked out and woke up here with more guys attacking me." she said to the prince as he seemed to be the only one to actually have some brains. "And what were you talking about me being delusional? I'm fine my head hurts from the attacks your 'men' gave me but I'm not crazy" she said to him as she shook her head her hair coming around her shoulders showing just how long her hair was to the two.

"Just where am I?" she finally asked as she figured she must be further than she thought. "Maybe I was out longer than just a few minutes" she said as she hadn't seen the swirls of light that had surrounded her as she had passed out. In truth she really hadn't a clue as to what was going on here. "Look I'm just an orphan girl from New York if you just send me back there I"ll be fine." she said to him again as she started to grow more and more uneasy.

Nodding for the guards to release her, Jason sadly shook his head, finally figuring it out that Rose wasn't of this realm about the same time that Leon did. Jason's visage softened considerably more than what it had been moments before somehow as he put a hand to both of the woman's shoulders. "I think I know what happened. Guardsman, was there a bright light right before you found her?" He turned his gaze elsewhere for a moment, and the man he questioned nodded before replying in turn.

"Indeed there was my lord. That's what got our attention to check the cell we found her inside." Jason nodded solemnly again as he turned back to Rose, sadness in his blue eyes since it wouldn't be easy to send her home if that was the case. There weren't many mages that had that kind of power to find where a plane walker resided and send them back, not without being extremely lucky otherwise.

"You are not of this world then since we have never heard of taxis or this place you call New York, Rose. I'm sorry, but I fear that you may not ever return home if you truly did come from another plane of existence as I suspect." Slowly letting his hands fall away, Jason's piercing blue eyes turned towards his father who could already tell what was about to be asked.

"The answer is yes, but she will be in YOUR charge, my son. Teach her our ways as best you can, if she's even capable of comprehending anything that is said to her now of course. You my dear are to stay in the castle grounds until I decide what to do with you. Test my patience at all and you will become a permanent resident in the dungeon cell you were found in." Jason nodded curtly as he put a hand to Rose's shoulder and gently but firmly led her out of the throne room, hoping she wouldn't say anything to upset the 'king' because he had a feeling his father hadn't been bluffing.

Once they were safely away, Jason slowed and sighed heavily, no one else about in the stone hallway they had stopped in, at least no one he could see. "I'm sorry about him Rose. He's always been like that for as long as I can recall. Still, I am glad he decided to let you stay here. I do ask that you just stay out of his way as best as you can though because he's been acting more and more violent of late. I guess the war we are in with rebels popping up isn't helping anything. Even so...." He was about to say more but didn't, unsure why he was saying anything at all to this stranger without first getting to know her. "I'm sorry, you must be tired, hungry, and wishing to clean yourself up."

As she felt the guards released her her hand moved to her cheek, it was still swollen from the fight with the guards when in truth she would have a pretty bad bruise there for a few days. Only as she felt Jason place his hands on her shoulders she suddenly felt horrible as he started to talk it was light her entire body was going numb. She couldn't go back? There wasn't such a thing as New York? But what did that mean that not only was she alone she was somewhere she didn't belong. As the son spoke with the King it was like she was seeing everything from another point of view. Her mind slipping away as she was threatened her head just slipped down.

Feeling him take hold of her moving her out of the throne room she really didn't know what she should do. Tears slowly started to come out. She had just finally gotten that feeling away only now she was alone again. "I'm sorry" she said as she wiped away her tears. she was trying hard not to let this get to her only as she wiped them away more came to her. "Yes please" she said as she felt maybe getting herself calmed down would be able to think if this was real.

Jason hugged the poor woman close, brushing his fingers through her amazingly long black raven hair. He whispered soothing noises into her ear, gently leading the way to a guest bedroom, a metal tub with clawed feet that had her name on it within the luxuriously appointed chamber. "Here, use this room and get yourself cleaned up. I promise that if there is a way to get you back home, I'll find it, somehow. For now, rest, recover, and I'll send someone with a hot meal for you." Jason said, hoping he'd come back and she had regained some of her composure. She'd need it if she were to live here. "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask me or one of the passing servants." Jason said, starting to walk away but turning around since he had remembered that he had never introduced himself. "My name is Jason, Prince of the Four Thunders Kingdom. What...is your name?"

As she felt his arms go around her frame she started to make herself take slower breathes. She didn't want to give herself a panic attack though as she felt him move the both of them to a room she heard what he said as she nodded her head. "You guys still indoor plumbing?" she asked as she saw the tub she was hoping she wasn't sent somewhere that had no such thing. She truly wasn't sure if she could live like the medieval days. "Its Rose . . . I don't have a last name . . . or family" she said to him as she felt he should at least know that. "At least no one will miss me back in New York" she said as she gave a sigh. In truth she really wasn't that sure what she should as she thought about the fact that she was now under the prince's guidance and the King seemed to hate her already. Yet she couldn't understand such things, growing up in America king and queens are all fairy tales to her. "Thank you . . . for taking me in" she said as she felt she should at least say that much.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman, Rose. I'm sorry to hear you don't have a family, but at least here you'll be safe....at least safer than if you had popped up in the wilds anyway." Just how safe she was couldn't be certain around the castle, but it was indeed better than being outside right now, especially with a war going on. Monsters were also more active of late, but those were easily dealt with since most of them were common for the land and thus nothing to fear for the most part. The fact they were becoming more aggressive at all was troubling though. Something was coming, at least that's what Jason felt in his heart anyway, unaware that the reason for all the disturbances was because of Rose herself, and her royal blood that belonged to the supposed enemy. The moment anyone saw her tattoo, would probably be the last time she breathed freely, if she breathed at all of course.

For now, Jason gently shut the door behind him and walked away, needing to tend to some other business for now. Stopping a serving girl though, Jason pointed to Rose's door before whispering instructions. "Keep an eye on her, tend to her needs as best you can, and don't worry if she says anything odd, she's not from this world. Now go, warm a meal for her, and bring it to her when she's ready." The woman bowed and Jason smiled warmly, heading off until needed later.

Picture of the Castle if it's cool.

Rose blushed as she heard that even with a swollen cheek he was calling her beautiful. Turning towards the tub after he left she tested everything out. The moment she realized that it was at least the same as her world she was grateful giving a sigh she started to strip and get into the tub as it filled up she pulled her knees to her chest. "How did this happen" she asked herself as she really just couldn't believe she had just got taken to another world. This wasn't even possible in her world, magic monsters, none of it was real in her world its just like how they knew nothing of taxi's or New York. Giving a sigh she stopped the water and dunked her head under. Letting herself stay under the water for a little while before she came back up. The warmth of the water was relaxing as it gave her the courage to really think this out. So she had lost everything but as she thought about it she didn't really had anything in that world to really know.

Soon time had passed and she started to feel cold she scolded herself for letting time get away from her as she moved to actually start getting her self cleaned up. Only as she finished and pulled out a towel she realized she had nothing else to wear. Blushing heavily she went to the door as she stuck her head out trying desperately not to be seen without clothing. She just hated to put back on dirty clothes.

((Sorry for the delay. I hope the pic I posted in my last post or so is ok for the Castle.))

A maid was present just as Rose stuck her head out the door. The woman was elven, her eyes a deep shade of green, and ageless like her beautiful face. Bowing respectfully to the guest, the red haired woman had heard her request as she had just started to pass by, her pointed ears twitching a bit. "Of course. May I come in m'lady? There are clothes in the dresser and the closet for your use, but they may not fit you unfortunately. Adjustments can be made should they be needed of course, and if you need it, I can help you into the outfit of your choice." Dresses were usually at least two person jobs to put on after all, if not more, depending on the size of course. Still, it would be up to Rose whether or not if she helped the woman out at all. She was there to serve, and serve she would to the best of her abilities.

As the maid bowed to her she was shocked, bowing was truly something she hadn't thought would happen. She blushed before nodding her head. "Yes yes please come in" she said to her as she moved out of the way her hair was still soaked as she looked to the woman. "I really have no clue what I should wear so I could use all the help I can get please" she said to her with a soft smile. In truth she really didn't know what she should do. She wanted to make things better for herself so that meant learning all that she could. Though as she let the maid come in she took a seat to start to dry her hair as she watched her. "I'm really sorry for bothering you" she said to her as Rose actually had good manners just when upset she seemed to lose them quickly.

The maid could smell the fresh clean scent of Rose's skin and hair and couldn't help but inhale deeply through her nose as she slipped into the room, shutting the heavy wooden door gently behind her. Standing before the princess, although no one, not even Rose, knew that, save for one person, the elven servant blushed since she wasn't used to such kindness that Rose was giving her. Here, in the Four Thunders Kingdom, elves like her were treated as slaves. Beautiful slaves that lived for a long time, but slaves none the less. The collar hidden under the neckline of her outfit was proof of this alone, the black leather band with a small but magical lock that made it impossible to pick, bore the royal family insignia of four different colored bolts of lightning facing in the four cardinal directions.

It was hidden because it was a shameful thing to bear for a woman that had been free to live as she liked until about fifty years ago, that and the King liked to torment his servants if they got out of line, using the power imbued in the collar to cause agony with but a simple command, or intense yet crippling sexual pleasure, depending on his mood. Walking to the dresser, the woman pulled out several dresses of differing sizes and material, putting them on the bed one at a time. "Pick one you wish m'lady and I shall help as needed. You aren't bothering me at all. I'm...here to serve, nothing more." She replied, though a hint of sadness and sorrow crept into her voice. She hated this life of servitude, but there was no way around what the collar did to her if she tried to disobey an order or made her master angry.

Rose was a little shocked at how the maid seemed to be uneasy in the room. As she watched the woman going to the dresser pulling out the different dresses she was shocked at the beauty of them. "I couldn't wear these" she said with a blush as she moved to look at the different dresses each very amazing to her as her hand was almost scared to reach out and touch them. "how is one to pick?" she asked her as she really couldn't seem to even begin to know how to pick. Though she was liking the purple and gold dress the most just because the design of the bodes (Top part of dress with the corset (Might be spelling it wrong)) was just amazing in her eyes looked much better than the others yet she wasn't sure if it was right for her to wear it. "Truly I need your opinion here" she said as she looked to the maid. "It would truly help me" she said to her only as she thought back on the tone the maid just gave she didn't like it. She was going to see something about that as she just couldn't stand how sad she had just sounded.

While she hated this life of slavery, the elven woman did like meeting people such as Rose, and helping her to adjust to her new life here in the castle would be a good place to start. She could tell she liked the dress with the gold and purple colors, and the elven woman nodded her approval of Rose's choice. "I don't see why you could not, m'lady. I think they'd look rather beautiful upon you." She replied in turn, before blushing a bit and casting her eyes to the dresses she had pulled out for Rose to look through, unsure if giving her opinion was a wise choice considering her station. Even so, she wasn't about to NOT do as she was asked....actually asked, but she hoped that Rose wasn't like some noble ladies and didn't take her advice when asked, rudely declining what she had been asked to state her opinion upon, but something told this elven maid that Rose was not such a person.

Smiling softly as she picked up one of the dresses, the elven woman held before Rose a beautiful red dress. "I think you would look quite radiant in this. What does your ladyship think?" She almost held her breath as she waited for Rose to reply, hoping she hadn't just made an error of judgment and just damned herself to writhing on the floor if her collar was activated since anyone higher than her could use them, but it was the King and his son that could remove them only. Jason had offered...once, but she had refused him because she didn't want him to get into trouble, and she couldn't think of a way to safely leave the castle anyway.

Chosen dress for the day?

((Feel free to find your own though if that doesn't work my friend.))

Looking to the dress she gave a soft smile as the color would actually look amazing with her hair. "I think thats just right for today" she said with a soft smile. "Please don't be scared I'll never get mad like your thinking" she said as she gave a soft smile. "Where I'm from women are allowed to speak their mind to any man. There is no such things as royals either . . . well there is one country that still have royals but they make no decisions they're just there to look good really" she said to her with a soft smile. "Please remember I'm not like everyone else . . . what I need is someone to be my friend right now so please don't be scared" she said to her as she ran her hand over the dress. "I know I have to learn of this world and the way things I have to adjust to and I know it won't be easy even worse than the fact that I'm alone here is that I'm sure its the opposite to how I grew up so please I ask you to stand with me" she said as she felt that it would be wise to make this woman her friend now. "I'm rose what may I call you?" she asked her as she truly wanted to make her a friend not a servant. "When its just us like this now we'll be friends okay" she said to her. "I promise no one will find out" she said to her as she knew how to keep a secret.

The maid felt relieved as she saw the smile on Rose's face. It was good to know that she wouldn't be treated like a lowly serving girl with this human at least. It was...a refreshing change, to say the least. "Thank you...Rose. You can call me, Alessa." The elven woman smiled softly and warmly in turn, glad that they were on a first name basis. Hoping that no one was walking by, the red haired elf pulled the neckline of her outfit down to reveal the collar that bound her to Leon and those that were loyal to him, and that considered people like her nothing more than slaves. "You wish to know the ways of this world....then know that King Leon is not a good man. His son is compassionate, understanding, and kind hearted, if a bit naive. King Leon on the other hand is the exact opposite, especially more so of late due to the war between the Four Thunders Kingdom and Celestia that is far to the east of here."

Gently taking Rose's hands in her own, Alessa's eyes silently pleaded with the woman as she spoke further. "If...word of what I just told you gets out to the King or anyone he has wrapped around his finger, then I'll be surely punished since I'm nothing more than a slave to the man, as are any elven servants like me. We are...considered lesser beings....and the collar that I wear cannot be removed without special keys held by the King and the quartermaster, as well as the captain of the guard." Settling down, Alessa sighed heavily as she put her neckline back over the collar, hiding her shame but not the pain that was clear on her face now. "I...was captured fifty years ago, and brought here to serve King Leon's will...shortly after he murdered the former king. Jason doesn't know the truth....a lot of people don't, but I overheard him one night in his sleep...muttering about the whole affair. If...you say anything about it, you will likely be killed or forced into silence since these collars are magical. Give an order to a slave wearing one, and they cannot disobey for the band will give them crippling pain or crippling pleasure, depending on the will of the person giving the order. It's....usually set to give pain however, if one doesn't decide on their own."

Now that Rose knew so much, and Alessa had effectively damned them both should word reach Leon of the truth being leaked out, then they'd both hang before the day was over most likely. For now, they were safe since no one had heard a word of the conversation so far. "Please...I beg you not to say a word or let anyone know what I just told you unless you know for sure you can trust them."

Looking to the woman with a soft smile only it turned serious as she was told the information. "Slavery? Thats horrible where I am from its against the law for someone to work against their will even selling your body for money is against the law." she said to her as she shook her head. Only as she heard that this king had killed to become king she knew this would be best if never spoken aloud. "It won't be heard from me, I'm sorry that things turned so horribly for you but you should know that I"m happy that it was you that came to help me. In my world there is no such things as Elves just humans and animals" she said to her as she came to get her a brush as she shook her head. "I hope things change for this kingdom then" she said to her as she shook her head as she started to comb her hair. "I guess first step though would be to get dressed and eat" she said to her as she knew that things weren't going to change most likely no time soon. "I still have to figure out where to be in this world" she stated as she knew she had to get higher up than just a servant.

"There is....truly no slavery where you come from?" Such an idea intrigued Alessa to no end, but it was far too much to hope for to ever find a way to Rose's home plane, if what had been said about her was true of course. Standing quickly since it was her job, whether she liked it or not, Alessa picked the red dress up and helped to get Rose into the rather cumbersome garment after Rose had brushed her hair. "I...would like to hear more about your world, Rose. I will tell more about my own should you but ask." Alessa replied, nodding her approval of her current mistress's request to find some food. Alessa herself was hungry as well, but she would not eat unless told she could, having been broken long ago of any true free will save for when she was alone and not in the presence of guests or nobility.

Admiring her handiwork after finishing tieing the corset just tight enough so that it wouldn't restrict Rose's breathing but also give her proper form, Alessa smiled, having been right about the dress. "You do indeed look radiant, Rose, just like your namesake." Standing behind her, Alessa had caught a glimpse of the tattoo on Rose's neck, and gently pulling her hair to the side, the woman gasped in shock and backed away quickly. "By the gods....it's you....I...everyone thought....you had died......long ago. Oh gods....Princess....it is you....heir to the Celestia throne. You bear...the royal mark...on your neck. To think...I've been serving you...this whole time. Maybe...things will change after all." There was hope in her voice now, pure and unrestrained, yet also puzzlement. "You....don't remember, do you?"

As rose brushed her hair though it was long she had a good handle on it. "Well its dangerous but with dangers I'm sure that are not here. People are very distrusting and over use the lands. Its horrible the wars that kill the land about the world. It just horrible but we have grown when it comes to what is right and wrong. The problem is like any realm I'm sure is people fighting of who is right with those morals" she said as she shook her head. Only as she got dressed she groaned while the corset was being tightened. "I know in my realms past things were like this. Where slavery was allowed but we grew to understand that it was wrong but it was people that had colored skin that was made the slaves. Or if they had a different religion people were killed over things like that. I believe it wrong to kill over such things. The different ways of thinking is what makes the world a better place" she said only as she looked at herself in the mirror she felt Alessa push her hair off to the side.

Just as she heard what she was saying she grew confused. "What are you talking about. I'm not from this realm I couldn't be" she said only as she heard that she had a mark that proved it she was shocked. "A princess? Are you sure your not mistaken" she asked only to hear her ask if she remembered anything. "I was found in my world at the age of ten. I don't remember anything before that age" she said as she took a seat on the bed. "I was taken in by an orphanage and rised on the streets where you could get killed or raped in a instant." she stated as she shook her head. "The world there is scary to a ten year old that has no one" she said her voice sad at the thought of how she grew up. "But I'm strong for it" she said trying to just brush the emotions off.

Alessa nodded and listened quietly to Rose's description of the world she had left behind. It sounded not so unlike the one she was in now, but at the same time far different from anything the elven woman had heard of until today. When they got to the part about her memory, Alessa sat beside Rose, although she still felt the need to bow and scrape at her feet, even though her mother had never been one to ask for such things. It was still respectful to bow and show homage to the queen, but it wasn't demanded as it was here. "Your mother, is the queen of another kingdom, that of the peace loving folk of Celestial. The Queen, your mother I might add, her mother and the former king of this land managed to make peace with each other for a time until Leon usurped the throne for his own ends. That had been many years ago. When....war broke out again, your mother had you sent away to protect you, or so the story goes. I was part of Celestial, in a village that was a couple day's ride from the capital until fifty years ago, when Leon and his men came and took many of the people away while burning the village to the ground."

It was painful to talk about, but Alessa kept a brave face all the same as she took Rose's hand in one of her own and gently squeezed it. "So long as your identity remains a secret, you are safe. If Leon or one of his lackeys find out about you however, all the work that went in to protecting you will have been for naught. I am....surprised the bodyguard that was to go with you didn't tell you before now. At least, I believe that the Queen wouldn't have sent you to another realm without some sort of protection anyway." Unaware that that same bodyguard was heading here while fighting through the middle of a warzone, Alessa looked to Rose, seeing if any of this was ringing any bells for her. "I am sorry you had to live as you did, Princess. Still....it was for your own protection, and I am sure that your mother, may the gods protect her and keep her save, will be happy to see you. But....until you can safely return, please try to keep the mark a secret."

Rose listened her eyes looking over her as she tried to take everything in. "So I'm really a princess?" she asked still shocked at this. "I don't know I mean this is so crazy" she stood up and ran her hand through her hair as she gave sigh. "I won't tell we'll just have to remember to put make up or keep my hair down to hide it. I really don't want people to know" she said to her. "Do you think I can ask for you to just be my maid?" she asked as she knew maybe this is something she needed to ask the prince about. "I would feel much better if we could get that so I know you can help me through everything" she said to her as she rubbed her neck as she started to feel the tension there building. "Please could you go get something to eat and tell the prince I want to talk to him. I need a few things and I think it'll be best if I get them tonight" she said to her as she nodded her head. She needed to learn this world and fast no ifs ands or buts were going to make this change if she really was the princess.

Meanwhile, trapped between two armies....

Why did her day have to start out like this? She had lost her reason for being on Earth the moment Princess Rose decided she'd be better off on her home plane out of the friggin blue, and now she was probably trapped in the evil King Leon's dungeon, being made into his personal sex toy as well as a bargaining chip against the Queen of Celestial. As if her day couldn't get any worse, the bodyguard was stuck out in the middle of nowhere, with two opposing armies about to tear into each other. On the western side, was King Leon's troops, much better equipped and outnumbering the other side ten to one. The east had common villagers along with a few mercenary bands, rebels without a unifying cause besides their hatred for Leon's tyranny. They weren't really friends of the Queen of Celestial either, but they at least liked her enough to not fight against her powerful mages and legendary archers that were rumored to be able to shoot falcons out of the sky in the middle of a rainstorm. Whether or not that was actually true didn't matter since she had seen how deadly accurate the warriors were.

The bodyguard kept to the shadows, hoping no one would notice that one of the shadows among the trees was moving rapidly ever westward, hoping to reach the castle belonging to the enemy before anything happened to Rose. Her steps were graceful and perfectly set down without disturbing a single branch along the way, her trail behind her visible only to the best of trackers. Even so, even a ranger of the forests slip up as a small group of deserters from Leon's army had decided to come around a boulder just as the warrior was coming around the other way, both parties having completely missed the other until they practically ran into each other. "What in the....?! You! Stop, dark elf!"

The half Drow/light elf stopped, but only because she wasn't about to leave any witnesses as her twin scimitar blades appeared as if by magic in her dexterous hands. "Sorry, but I don't have time to stay and chat." The group of five in their heavy armor and wielding even heavier looking weapons never had a chance as the agile warrior got in the middle of their group before they could properly orient themselves and they started to fall to her deadly blades which moved as if they had a mind of their own. One dipped down and cut across to the right, taking most of one man's left leg clean off while her other got around a spear point, cutting a deep gash across the man's right arm, right above his elbow before completing a full spin, her two blades tearing the life from two more as their throats were slit wide open.

The last watched his companions fall and was struck down as well, Giselle Do'Urden feeling no mercy as she plunged her right hand blade deep into the man's chest after coming out of her spin, extending her arm fully as her sword tore through the armor like it had not even existed. "I'm sorry, but too much is at stake for me to stop now." She whispered to the dying man's face as she pulled her sword free, sadly watching the man fall backward before continuing her run, but not before cleaning her blades on the grass at her feet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessa nodded solemnly that indeed Rose was a princess. It warmed the elven woman's heart to know that Rose was safe, and she had no intention of sharing what she had learned about her guest to anyone, not even Jason although she knew he was trustworthy. Just, it would be too dangerous for him to know what she knew and still hope to lead a normal life here in the only home he knew. A little shocked that Rose wished her to be her private maid, Alessa felt tears of gratitude come to her eyes as she was at first speechless, and thus unable to answer her lady's questions or comments. "I....would never have dreamed in my entire life that I'd....be asked such a thing...Princ...I mean Rose. I will do as you ask. I'd advise keeping your hair down and your dress pulled up on the back of your neck as much as possible. As for food, another maid will most likely be coming with a meal very soon." A knock on the door had Alessa going to it without hesitation and opened it, though not before wiping her eyes to hide her happiness.

Another maid, this one human, though wearing a similar collar as Alessa brought a considerable sized tray full of fruits, vegetables, and meats as well as a couple glasses of water and wine, unsure of what Rose would have wished so the human woman had just grabbed a little bit of everything. "For you, lady Rose." Departing as quickly as she came, and all without ever meeting Rose's eyes or her face for that matter, Alessa gently shut the door behind the servant and sighed in relief since it didn't seem she had heard or seen anything amiss. "I'll be back soon, m'lady. What is it that you require? I might be able to get them for you while I'm gone, looking for the prince."

As the knock on the door hit she felt like jumping a little. She was uneasy learning all that she did. In truth a meal and some music to her sounded great but she would settle with just the meal for now. "Books on this realms history, anything that I would need to know on how to behave along with something relaxing for later maybe a good romance book" she said to her as she took a seat at the table to eat. She was going to have to learn all that she could and reading would be best. She had a talent that once she read something she could recall it word from word. So it was good to read all that she could. Knowing that the king most likely had the best material for her to read.

As she took the glass of wine she took it down to give herself a small buzz to get through everything. She knew things weren't going to be easy but she had to learn and maybe even recall her life in this land. If she was truly a princess of the warring Kingdom to this one she had to stay on her toes. She might have to burn the midnight oil to get what she wanted done before sleep she knew it was true. One thing about Rose was once she felt she had meaning she stuck to it with everything she had. If she was to be a queen of the other kingdom she knew there were things she wanted to change in this world and other things she wanted to stay the same as to not make the same mistakes the other realm had. She wouldn't allow such beauty in the world be destroyed if she could help it she would teach this realm to take better use of the land to make things better.

Back
Top Bottom