Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost World rp idea?

Felixia_Luna

Supernova
I just got through watching Jurassic Park: The Lost World, and that gave me some inspiration to try a role play based on the same ideas. My train of thought is as follows:
Plot: A new group of researchers, scientists, mercs, and greedy types come to the island, hoping to make it rich. Their transport is attacked (ship dragged under, helicopter knocked out of the sky, plane bashed open), and they have to survive long enough to find a way to contact the outside world. Then they have to fight their way to the pick up location.

IF YOUR CHARACTER DIES, DO NOT RAGE QUIT, JUST MAKE A NEW CHARACTER IN THIS THREAD!!!!

The group coming into the island is large enough for you guys to have a new character if you become dino food.

Classes:
Mercenary: can wield a gun expertly, know how to survive, and become the "tank" of the group.

Researcher: know what type of dinosaurs your looking at, can make distinction in herbivores and carnivores.

Scientist: know how to fix things you find, rewire stuff to get things to work, fix transports.

Civilian: Know a little of everything, the generalist class.

Hunter: Wield tranquilizer tech, know how to track animals, wilderness savvy.

Doctor: patch people up, you will be the most needed class, next to the tank.

Dinos:
I think I will just have you guys fight random encounters with these creatures. I will probably do the DM's way of things, roll for it. Roll results:
1: Harmless herbivores
2: little carnivores
3: big herbivores who could attack you if provoked.
4: Raptors: pack size 4-8
5: Stampede of random creatures
6: T-Rex: pack size 1-3 depending if it is a family or not.

Environment:
Scattered throughout the island are buildings, ranging from test facilities, cages, to armories. You will start at a command building, so take what you can, and that which makes sense for your class. Most of the time however, you will be moving through the jungle, encountering the odd truck full of supplies (maybe, haha).

This is my first attempt at a thread so constructive criticism is welcomed.

Post your characters like so:

Name:
Specialization:
Sexual Preference:
Background:
Description: (( link an image ))

(( Until I know how many people are playing, I will be the environment ))

I would like a fair sized group, 4-7 people.

((It's funny I was just mentioning starting a thread like this two days ago lol, is it okay if I join and if so is this the thread that we start posting in or are you moving it to a different thread?))

I would make it into a different thread, just post all your info and stuff in this one, so of course join!

Name: Tristan Knight
Class: Mercenary
Specialization: Adaptability- Tristan can adapt quickly to any situation, an ability that's served him time and time again as he's found himself having to survive in hostile territories on past expeditions.
Sexual Preference: Females
Background: Tristan was born and raised in the United States. He eagerly joined the military the very day he turned eighteen and afterward completed five full years of service. Day after day if he wasn't spearheading a dangerous mission he was training rigorously until one day his career in the Armed Forces was cut short when he found himself caught up in the middle of some heavy crossfire during one of his missions. A stray bullet pierced Tristan's lung during the crossfire but luckily a field medic was able to keep him alive long enough for evac to arrive and rush him to a hospital.

Tristan survived his wound but was left with permanent damage to his lung and was therefore determined unfit for combat. He received an honorable discharge and since then was hired by a company to lead expeditions through exotic islands inhabited by Dinosaurs. During his employment he's successfully lead groups on two expeditions across Isla Sorna and his damaged lung has yet to prove to be too big an obstacle for him to overcome. Never reluctant to return to the Islands Tristan has been able to familiarize himself with a few species of Dinosaurs and memorize a large portion of Isla Sorna. Tristan is a morally good person with excellent leadership qualities who seems to have a thing for the female scientists that work for Jurassic Park. (I hope none of this information conflicts with the story line)
Description:
Anime-Guy13-1-1.jpg

It works, no worries. Just waiting for more.....and if more people don't sign up by the end of the week, this idea is scrapped.

Name: Katarine Young
Class: Researcher-scientist-doctor
Specialization: Reproduction of the Reptiles
Sexual Preference: Bi, but gets hot for her reptiles too
Background: She always wanted to be a veterinary, from the age she remembers. She was the girl with the rat as a pet before high school, and the one with a snake after her rat was eaten... A nerd in high school, and a brilliant scientist in college, so she went much higher with her knowledge than an everyday horse-doctor. She was part of the main researchers in recreating the dinosaurs, and maybe the one who suggested the recombinating of their DNS with living animals. It was just luck that not her original idea of crossing them with amphibians was the one succesfull, or now not even the pools of water or the seas would be free of them... But really, who knows if the sweet water on the island is not something to stay away really?
Description: (( http://www.topclub.hu/pic.php?post_id=8435&sum=30&num=3 ))

Name: Coleman Redder
Class: Scientist
Specialization: IT for EnGen (or whatever the company in the books and movies was)
Sexual Preference: Straight
Background: He served as a consultant in the early designs of Isla Sorna until an on site consultant was obtained. Young, ambitious, and with an oversized ego; Coleman signed on for the new project after hearing what they paid for an on site IT personnel. Plus, well the neato dinosaurs. More of a nerd who refused to grow up, Coleman is a well rounded clown who likes to impress. That might be why he was influenced by another member to even sign up for a "Dinosaur amusement park." (Looking for some villain type researcher or merc who uses Coleman to obtain info, through hacking or otherwise. Preferably female because that'd be hawt!)
Description:http://www.americapeals.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/brad-pitt-fight-club-photograph-c.jpg

Name: Jessica de los santos
Class: Doctor
Specialization: ER Trauma and severe injuries
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Background: She is one of the best known trauma doctors in the state. She is known to be able to do wonderful stuff with little materials at her disposal. She had heard of Isla Sorna and always wanted to go there to see the dinosaurs. Animals were always her secret passion and what was better than watching the worlds oldest animals?. She works day by day until she got the invitation to go to Jurasic Park and she did not missed the chance to go. Taking a vacation from her work she hopped on a plane in direction to the park.
Description:
valentina-dessi-hot-sexy-pretty-babe-model-naked-nude-breasts-tits-stacked-latina-hiphip-phatass-fat-ass-4.jpg

Alright! That's four people for sure signed up, do you guys want to wait for more or are we set?

you can cast my vote for "we're good", I think four is a good number. That way the thread wont be moving so fast that some of the people cant catch up.

Profiles, interest/coordination and OOC are all separate now in groups. If this picks back up, please copy/paste profiles into the right section. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom